Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 330 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RDN-567 View Post
    Without magic against the Godhands its hopeless. But I hope there is another way than that he also sacrifeces his commerades to become godlike, like Griffith did. Eg becoming a skull knight like warrior. The idea is just from the spiral of time/fate thing.. everything repeats itself with a little diferences..
    Still wouldn't work. The Godhand is always one step ahead of the Skull Knight. So, even if he acquires the ability to become like the SK, he STILL isn't powerful enough to confront the Godhand. Really makes you wonder.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    Still wouldn't work. The Godhand is always one step ahead of the Skull Knight. So, even if he acquires the ability to become like the SK, he STILL isn't powerful enough to confront the Godhand. Really makes you wonder.
    That's Guts challenge. If it wasn't a challenge, it wouldn't be a good plot ^^
    And I don't doubt Mirua, he'll come up with something devastatingly awesome. I bet he even has the ending inside his head.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    That's Guts challenge. If it wasn't a challenge, it wouldn't be a good plot ^^
    And I don't doubt Mirua, he'll come up with something devastatingly awesome. I bet he even has the ending inside his head.
    Maybe Berserk is one of those "exercise in futility" type things. Kind of like how Al Bundy could never really "win" on his show.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Berserk is one of those "exercise in futility" type things. Kind of like how Al Bundy could never really "win" on his show.
    Hm, it would not be a firstly used trope that is for sure, many fictional characters never "win", Tom in Tom Jerry, the Coyote in the Road Runner. Though I think mostly villains. But Guts is a full blown HERO archetype. I have never seen that archetype lose, or never win, or the quest to go to infinity.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that I've seen close to a victory over the Godhand was when Guts impaled Slan. And even that was a hollow one. He came out of that with a nasty astral wound still hasn't healed. I think it only drove her away from the physical realm. So I'm still waiting for an ingenious, unorthodox plan to take down a GH.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that I've seen close to a victory over the Godhand was when Guts impaled Slan. And even that was a hollow one. He came out of that with a nasty astral wound still hasn't healed. I think it only drove her away from the physical realm. So I'm still waiting for an ingenious, unorthodox plan to take down a GH.
    I'm thinking all these battles Guts are surviving and all the times he touches the supernatural, something is happening to his inner self or his soul that will ultimately make him closer to the God Hands. His armor and his encounters are all preparing him for something else, unless of course we're being trolled. like what King Kishi did with Tobi

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what if Femto plans to take out the rest of the Godhand so he's the only ruler of the world? Another out-of-field idea: what if he teams up with the Skullknight to kill them? Then he would be the only one for Guts to kill.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what if Femto plans to take out the rest of the Godhand so he's the only ruler of the world? Another out-of-field idea: what if he teams up with the Skullknight to kill them? Then he would be the only one for Guts to kill.
    Ask Griffiths ego, what will happen now that he has his kingdom? Urge for more to rule all maybe.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Ask Griffiths ego, what will happen now that he has his kingdom? Urge for more to rule all maybe.
    I doubt Griffith will become a megalomaniac, though I hope that he is a more calculating villain, he does sometime act irrationally, for example he has shown to be very lustful. That is a general flaw in Slan as well, maybe in all of the Godhand? Or maybe they each have some flaw, that we might see as a thing they use to dominate others.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I think the God hand all think of each other as equal so maybe they will not fight. I'm sure if they had anything against Griffith he would sense it and take them out like he did to men in Midland. But yeah thinking back the God hand are so united. But I remember Griffith saying of what he thinks a friend is and that is his equal but in the sense he said it, it was like only one person can be his friend lol. (I guess it was him thinking of Guts) Now that he is reborn perhaps Guts child will bring a emotion out of him to cause a massive change. It did make him have a faint heart beat to Caska.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Griffith's fall? One basic thing explained is that each 216 years a crimson behelit (god hand creator) is done. The questions is... Since when? There are ex-god hands? 1000 years ago Gaiseric was the emperor of Midland. 216 x 5 = 1080 years, roughly the same age when Gaiseric fell. Was Gaiseric the previous version of Griffith? If Gaiseric is the Skull Knight, then, how we should see him? Like the remains of what was that fifth angel? Plus we should remember the events of the tower of conviction explained here:

http://www.mangareader.net/96-1138-1...hapter-18.html

Watch CLOSELY the decoration of this tower and the text said, now compare with that (above the main door):

http://www.mangareader.net/96-34049-...apter-307.html

See that seraphim-like decoration? Mmmmm... I suspect that Void was in this tower when he still was a human. As a leader of a cult.

So... Who will God target for restarting the god hand cycle? Is a cycle? How will react Griffith by knowing about this cycle? He was obviously cheated in his dreams in the first ceremony:

http://www.mangareader.net/96-1132-1...hapter-12.html
    Last edited by bcnmanga; September 12, 2012 at 04:50 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

No pics an 331 yet oh man were an half month and nothing damned.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcnmanga View Post
    Griffith's fall? One basic thing explained is that each 216 years a crimson behelit (god hand creator) is done. The questions is... Since when? There are ex-god hands? 1000 years ago Gaiseric was the emperor of Midland. 216 x 5 = 1080 years, roughly the same age when Gaiseric fell. Was Gaiseric the previous version of Griffith? If Gaiseric is the Skull Knight, then, how we should see him? Like the remains of what was that fifth angel? Plus we should remember the events of the tower of conviction explained here:

http://www.mangareader.net/96-1138-1...hapter-18.html

Watch CLOSELY the decoration of this tower and the text said, now compare with that (above the main door):

http://www.mangareader.net/96-34049-...apter-307.html

See that seraphim-like decoration? Mmmmm... I suspect that Void was in this tower when he still was a human. As a leader of a cult.

So... Who will God target for restarting the god hand cycle? Is a cycle? How will react Griffith by knowing about this cycle? He was obviously cheated in his dreams in the first ceremony:

http://www.mangareader.net/96-1132-1...hapter-12.html
    I've always wondered how SK knew that every thousand years 1 Godhand could be reborn. That would have to imply that it's happened before. But if so, what happened to the previous one? So many unanswered questions.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally Guys I think it wouldn't go into that much depth, These guys would be the only god hand and maybe SK was one but something happen. But I think he is just someone who escape from the brand. When Void wanted to destroy SK's kingdom.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Personally Guys I think it wouldn't go into that much depth, These guys would be the only god hand and maybe SK was one but something happen. But I think he is just someone who escape from the brand. When Void wanted to destroy SK's kingdom.
    I'm on the notion that the backstory is quite in dept, but we only have these fragments of clues to draw our theories from. But there's no sense in beating ourselves over it - no reasonable conclusion can from these clues until it's further explained later in the story.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast