Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64

Thread: Berserk 330 Discussion

  1. #46
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RDN-567 View Post
    Without magic against the Godhands its hopeless. But I hope there is another way than that he also sacrifeces his commerades to become godlike, like Griffith did. Eg becoming a skull knight like warrior. The idea is just from the spiral of time/fate thing.. everything repeats itself with a little diferences..
    Still wouldn't work. The Godhand is always one step ahead of the Skull Knight. So, even if he acquires the ability to become like the SK, he STILL isn't powerful enough to confront the Godhand. Really makes you wonder.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

  2. #47
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In Flames
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    Still wouldn't work. The Godhand is always one step ahead of the Skull Knight. So, even if he acquires the ability to become like the SK, he STILL isn't powerful enough to confront the Godhand. Really makes you wonder.
    That's Guts challenge. If it wasn't a challenge, it wouldn't be a good plot ^^
    And I don't doubt Mirua, he'll come up with something devastatingly awesome. I bet he even has the ending inside his head.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #48
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    That's Guts challenge. If it wasn't a challenge, it wouldn't be a good plot ^^
    And I don't doubt Mirua, he'll come up with something devastatingly awesome. I bet he even has the ending inside his head.
    Maybe Berserk is one of those "exercise in futility" type things. Kind of like how Al Bundy could never really "win" on his show.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

  5. #49
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    Maybe Berserk is one of those "exercise in futility" type things. Kind of like how Al Bundy could never really "win" on his show.
    Hm, it would not be a firstly used trope that is for sure, many fictional characters never "win", Tom in Tom Jerry, the Coyote in the Road Runner. Though I think mostly villains. But Guts is a full blown HERO archetype. I have never seen that archetype lose, or never win, or the quest to go to infinity.

  6. #50
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    The only thing that I've seen close to a victory over the Godhand was when Guts impaled Slan. And even that was a hollow one. He came out of that with a nasty astral wound still hasn't healed. I think it only drove her away from the physical realm. So I'm still waiting for an ingenious, unorthodox plan to take down a GH.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

  7. #51
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Bahamas
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    The only thing that I've seen close to a victory over the Godhand was when Guts impaled Slan. And even that was a hollow one. He came out of that with a nasty astral wound still hasn't healed. I think it only drove her away from the physical realm. So I'm still waiting for an ingenious, unorthodox plan to take down a GH.
    I'm thinking all these battles Guts are surviving and all the times he touches the supernatural, something is happening to his inner self or his soul that will ultimately make him closer to the God Hands. His armor and his encounters are all preparing him for something else, unless of course we're being trolled. like what King Kishi did with Tobi

  8. #52
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    I wonder what if Femto plans to take out the rest of the Godhand so he's the only ruler of the world? Another out-of-field idea: what if he teams up with the Skullknight to kill them? Then he would be the only one for Guts to kill.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

  9. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Gantz room.
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    I wonder what if Femto plans to take out the rest of the Godhand so he's the only ruler of the world? Another out-of-field idea: what if he teams up with the Skullknight to kill them? Then he would be the only one for Guts to kill.
    Ask Griffiths ego, what will happen now that he has his kingdom? Urge for more to rule all maybe.

    Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

  10. #54
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Ask Griffiths ego, what will happen now that he has his kingdom? Urge for more to rule all maybe.
    I doubt Griffith will become a megalomaniac, though I hope that he is a more calculating villain, he does sometime act irrationally, for example he has shown to be very lustful. That is a general flaw in Slan as well, maybe in all of the Godhand? Or maybe they each have some flaw, that we might see as a thing they use to dominate others.

  11. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Gantz room.
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Well I think the God hand all think of each other as equal so maybe they will not fight. I'm sure if they had anything against Griffith he would sense it and take them out like he did to men in Midland. But yeah thinking back the God hand are so united. But I remember Griffith saying of what he thinks a friend is and that is his equal but in the sense he said it, it was like only one person can be his friend lol. (I guess it was him thinking of Guts) Now that he is reborn perhaps Guts child will bring a emotion out of him to cause a massive change. It did make him have a faint heart beat to Caska.

    Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

  12. #56
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Barcelona, Veg. de Barcelona
    Country
    Catalonia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Griffith's fall? One basic thing explained is that each 216 years a crimson behelit (god hand creator) is done. The questions is... Since when? There are ex-god hands? 1000 years ago Gaiseric was the emperor of Midland. 216 x 5 = 1080 years, roughly the same age when Gaiseric fell. Was Gaiseric the previous version of Griffith? If Gaiseric is the Skull Knight, then, how we should see him? Like the remains of what was that fifth angel? Plus we should remember the events of the tower of conviction explained here:

    http://www.mangareader.net/96-1138-1...hapter-18.html

    Watch CLOSELY the decoration of this tower and the text said, now compare with that (above the main door):

    http://www.mangareader.net/96-34049-...apter-307.html

    See that seraphim-like decoration? Mmmmm... I suspect that Void was in this tower when he still was a human. As a leader of a cult.

    So... Who will God target for restarting the god hand cycle? Is a cycle? How will react Griffith by knowing about this cycle? He was obviously cheated in his dreams in the first ceremony:

    http://www.mangareader.net/96-1132-1...hapter-12.html
    Last edited by bcnmanga; September 12, 2012 at 04:50 AM.

  13. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Winterfell
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    No pics an 331 yet oh man were an half month and nothing damned.

  14. #58
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by bcnmanga View Post
    Griffith's fall? One basic thing explained is that each 216 years a crimson behelit (god hand creator) is done. The questions is... Since when? There are ex-god hands? 1000 years ago Gaiseric was the emperor of Midland. 216 x 5 = 1080 years, roughly the same age when Gaiseric fell. Was Gaiseric the previous version of Griffith? If Gaiseric is the Skull Knight, then, how we should see him? Like the remains of what was that fifth angel? Plus we should remember the events of the tower of conviction explained here:

    http://www.mangareader.net/96-1138-1...hapter-18.html

    Watch CLOSELY the decoration of this tower and the text said, now compare with that (above the main door):

    http://www.mangareader.net/96-34049-...apter-307.html

    See that seraphim-like decoration? Mmmmm... I suspect that Void was in this tower when he still was a human. As a leader of a cult.

    So... Who will God target for restarting the god hand cycle? Is a cycle? How will react Griffith by knowing about this cycle? He was obviously cheated in his dreams in the first ceremony:

    http://www.mangareader.net/96-1132-1...hapter-12.html
    I've always wondered how SK knew that every thousand years 1 Godhand could be reborn. That would have to imply that it's happened before. But if so, what happened to the previous one? So many unanswered questions.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

  15. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Gantz room.
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Personally Guys I think it wouldn't go into that much depth, These guys would be the only god hand and maybe SK was one but something happen. But I think he is just someone who escape from the brand. When Void wanted to destroy SK's kingdom.

    Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

  16. #60
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 330 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Personally Guys I think it wouldn't go into that much depth, These guys would be the only god hand and maybe SK was one but something happen. But I think he is just someone who escape from the brand. When Void wanted to destroy SK's kingdom.
    I'm on the notion that the backstory is quite in dept, but we only have these fragments of clues to draw our theories from. But there's no sense in beating ourselves over it - no reasonable conclusion can from these clues until it's further explained later in the story.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts