Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Will Byakuya die?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's time for captains to die

46 37.10%
  • No, Byakuya is too young to die

78 62.90%
New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Bleach 501 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 501 Discussion / 502 Predictions

Anyone else think it would be funny if Kenpachi interfered in Byakuya's fight?

As Nodt: You blocked one of my arrows with your face. You will be paralyzed by fear...
    Kenpachi: I don't feel anything. Sorry.
    As Nodt: Impossible. True fear is not something you can overcome.
    Kenpachi: No, really, I can't feel fear. Extensive brain damage will do that to you. Hey, do you know what happens if I hold my sword with two hands?

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think kenpachi will save byakuya i just think he would be the best opponent to face As Nodt he seems like a guy that would enjoy the fear

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaraki would enjoy every single fight where he isn't the clear winner, he can't be in every fight saving his co-captain's asses, even if that pairing could be a great one. I expect him to get his own strong Quincy opponent, as there should be enough for all of them with 16[+] Quincy.

Darth Executor
    You seem to forget Yachiru, who he has a big relationship to.
    Firm but Fair

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya would prefer to die rather than being saved by Kenpachi! No, not really in this situtation where SS is in real danger. He cannot afford to prefer death
    If somehow Yachiru takes the field and gets hurt, Kenpachi will really lose the slim sensible part in his mind that keeps him a borderline human. Maybe then, he will finally hear his zanpakuto's name, who knows?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I really can't help but wonder if nodt actually has a fear causing ability. If he does then it is quite remarkable although if we take his word for it then it does seem like he is not actually using any ability to actually instill fear in others. I guess all about him is meant to instill fear in his enemy though. His mask, his mysterious arrows, his long black hair, his inherent creepiness.... Anyways, even if his ability is to cause fear then it should still be something which the captains should be able to overcome. Fear is an important instinct in this context however it is far from being the only instinct around. Instinct to live, instinct to seek battle, instinct to seek out prey.... Perhaps fear is an instinct that cannot be overcome by emotions or reason however if it is an instinct then there should be other instincts to rely on. Perhaps byakuya and maybe even a few other captains have fallen into what ichigo has had to deal with a number of times. The ideal situation to deal with nodt would have been to remember his other instincts, the ones I mentioned before would have been the most relevant, to overcome his fear. Of course, there would also be the alternative to deal with his fears through even greater fears. Fear of death, fear of defeat, fear for this pride.... I like the idea of using other instincts rather than other fears better though. That said, overcoming his fear of nodt would not have necessarily given him a victory. Regardless of that he still does not have his bankai which effectively reduces his fighting capacity tenfold while nodt still has his holy form.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If this had been ichigo dealing with his fear, ichigo would have started foaming from.the mouth and dead lol

I think that as captains, they rarely encounter fighters that can challenge them so the idea of fear is novel to them. However, i think.ultimately they'll overcome as fighters who put their lives on the line.

I picture byakuya criticizing himself for showing fear..saying something like "i got strong to protect and not lose those i love. Isn't that why we trained so hard zenbonsakura?! I know i have fears but as long as i had you, i could face them. So zenbonsakura, don't let me down.now!!" byakuya then inputs spiritual pressure into his blade then stabs himself, physically combining his soul with his zanpaktou. The sealing device shakes uncontrollably then breaks and byakuya enter.his hakuteiken form and attain a new mastery over his bankai

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I would question whether byakuya actually could stab nodt at this point. I mean, he just took a severe blow and blutz has shown to be a very powerful defense. Remember arrancar's hierro? How many times did it make a difference? Only against ichigo was hierro ever relevant, the captains were at large always able to simply cut through it. Blutz is an insanely powerful defensive technique to say the least and I would think kirge is a perfect example of how overwhelming a defense it is. Kirge was basically outclassed by bankai ichigo however even in that ase his blutz was actually able to stop ichigo's bankai. Basically blutz is so good that it can stop a bankai on its tracks even when there is a sizable difference in power. Nodt is apparently stronger than kirge and we already saw him stopping byakuya's blade with his flesh alone. Odds are that anything less than bankai won't actually work on the guy at large.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If u read carefully, u can see i that i said byakuya stabs himself. Similar to what ichigo did early in the manga

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    If u read carefully, u can see i that i said byakuya stabs himself. Similar to what ichigo did early in the manga
    Yes, pretty much typical Bleach late-fight heroics
    I also wonder whether a bankai is freed from the medallion, when the medallion is smashed into pieces. If that's the case, perhaps Byakuya's outrageous dashing out had the purpose to somehow break the device and test this theory, and for this aim, on that he put his life on the line for.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pipes's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If I had my bankai stolen from someone with a device I have no idea of how it works I wouldn't just try to smash it.
    50% chance I would destroy my bankai along with it

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NAM61 View Post
    i think kenpachi will save byakuya i just think he would be the best opponent to face As Nodt he seems like a guy that would enjoy the fear
    indeed,although byakuya wasn't the guy who feared someone/something either. I think kenpachi would turn out to fear a bit too. btw,that would be very cool,as kenpachi would fight byakuya's bankai,so their (promised) fight would finally take place

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kenpachi is still one of the specials. He is just raw reitsu. AND if he has a release, it is not bankai and he will DESTROY his opponent!!!!

WIth that said, I think we will see Renji try to step in and they will realize they cannot absorb 2 bankai. Just my thoughts. I think they can keep one or the other. and in order for him to let go of one bankai, he has to give the one he stole back to its user. When that happens, Byakuya will use hakuteiken and it will be a draw match. I honestly this arce will last maybe 2 years to maybe 3 on a stretch at the rate it is going.

New Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18