Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

11 13.25%
  • 2 (Average)

20 24.10%
  • 3 (Good)

33 39.76%
  • 4 (Great!)

16 19.28%
  • 5 (Epic)

2 2.41%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 1.20%
New Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 675 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 675 Discussion/ 676 Prediction

Ukimix, what are DD and IK supposed to mean. Abbreviations unless obvious are supposed to be explained

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Ukimix, what are DD and IK supposed to mean. Abbreviations unless obvious are supposed to be explained
    I believe DD stands for Donquixote Doflamingo and IK stands for Important Key.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm understanding as long as CC is outside, he can suffocated people because of the oxygen in the air, because air is gas right? Meaning that if he is outside, and let say Chopper is inside a box, then CC can't use his powers right? The only reason Ceaser can use his powers in all kinds of ways is because he done all kinds of experiments on his powers, but it could be one of his power that leads to his down fall.

If Luffy can use Haki on his teeth and make them harder, then he could possibly bite through the cage, with ease and because Haki around his teeth, then he won't take the devil fruit's effects. It would really show how useful Luffy can be "Now", cause two years ago, he would be defeat so easily by a seastone cage.

Am I the only one that thinks Law "Actually" has a plan and is waiting for something important to happen? Maybe before he met CC in person, he had a plan that contained CC, but with the heart offering, it just made his plan more difficult. Law is smart so adding to the plan, even if it meant harming him, is worth completing his goal, and CC knows that Law is important that why ceaser didn't just crushed his heart. oh I can tell Law is mad, he will go ham on CC once he's free

Still hoping Chopper still not behind the wall and actually went save the children and give them the reinforced meds, it'd bel funny if the pills are ugly anf gross looking and the children don't wanna eat it cause it looks nasty and un-candy-like. I also hope that Chopper joins up with Nami and Usopp group while heading to the children.

Zoro group will most likely make it to where the G5 men are located, the G5 men will noticed there faces/bounties, and join up with them to save Smoker and Tashiga. (<--I think I spelled her name wrong lol)

I'm still not worried about none of the shadow people, except the ones Oda wanted us to see.

I hope we can see if Kinemon got anymore information about his reasons to go to PH to look for his son, and why he picked a fight with Law.

I hope that we get atlease 22 pages before the break and ALL of it has, lots of action, a good plot and a great twister
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blame the pace and teh breaks

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    I mean yeah if CC is the road towards Doflamingo, and then probably Doflamingo to Big Mom. Or a twist and we get to Vegapunk before that. Many possible ways this plot can go.
    Personally I want Doflamingo as the sole centrepiece in this saga. If after his fall, the saga would lead directly to a Yonko or any other character, Flamingo wil be devalued. Honestly I wouldn't like that at all. I have been waiting for his appearance for a long time now. He is more important than any Yonko to me.

This is a old post of mine, I was totally wrong with the ranking, but well its from 2008 xD

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Maybe some chapters will not be needed, or well are a bit of a drag to the overall theme, but they are important, many characters, scattered, many new people introduced, Oda has to cover all of that in a decent amount.
    Well true indeed. And I'm pretty sure once u read the arc in a complete segment, you won't be bothered by the pace. But it is somewhat frustrating reading it in weekly chapters. Well PH is not that bad in pace, actually is quite normal for OP. But FI was rly rly bad.

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just re-thinking possible theories of Monet being a Devil Fruit user and I started to wonder, couldn't Monet be a Logia Devil Fruit user? The Yuki Yuki no Mi? She could be disguised as the snow falling on the frozen part of Punk Hazard when she listened in on what Law and Luffy were discussing. Monet is potentially a "snow-woman" ("Yuki-Onna").

I find it weird that during her first appearance when Usopp noticed her, she was in her normal harpy form, so if it were possible for her to "transform" into something convenient for reconnaissance, wouldn't she scout in that form? It would make sense if she was a Snow Logia user and being on the burning side of Punk Hazard would make utilising her ability ineffective and it would explain that grim, almost stressed expression she had on her face when Usopp seen her - she couldn't stand the heat?

Spoiler show

Also isn't it weird that other characters freeze in the freezing winds on the frozen side of Punk Hazard and require coats to stay warm, but when Monet was flying on that side of the Island in the freezing winds, she seemed strangely unaffected, almost comfortable =/.

Spoiler show

It could really be a non-factor but for being on the half of the Island that is freezing, Monet is wearing some surprisingly summer clothes, both when she was in her human form and now in her harpy form. Even if she is a harpy and has feathers to keep herself warm, she would like Chopper require a coat to keep warm, that is unless she is not just a hybrid creature/animal.

If we use Smoker (a Logia Devil Fruit user) as reference, when he was in his own body and now when he is in Tashigi's body, he is barely wearing anything substantial and is seemingly unaffected by the freezing colds which even the Yeti Cool brothers had trouble standing in (Smoker like a boss, smokes a cigar with Tashigi's shirt open rather than feel the cold). Luffy and the others are actually freezing and require coats. Normally everyone needs a coat to survive the cold on the freezing half of the Island, but it doesn't seem Logia Devil Fruit users do, so it's quite likely that Monet is a Logia Devil Fruit user. Even if Monet was a Zoan Devil Fruit user, she would still need a coat as shown by Chopper requiring a coat to stay warm (and he is a winter animal!), well unless her Zoan Devil Fruit ability is focused toward the cold, or she has a form with lots of feathers. Also with all the non-Logia users, you can see their breath at times on the freezing side of the Island. You can even see Brook's breath strangely enough - so he does breathe? even without lungs?

Just like how Crocodile and Ace were unaffected by desert heat during the Alabasta Arc, if Monet is a "snow-woman", she would be unaffected by extreme colds. Not once has she been seen to be affected by the cold in ways other people are, although she has mostly only appeared while inside the research facility building, but even then, it is still bizarre and concerning that she wears such thin clothing all the time.

It could be to make reconnaissance easier or to look more like Doflamingo (she may have some feelings toward him) or to look more like a bird (personal taste?), but when Law appeared and the opportunity arose, she could have had him modify her with wings and to look more like a bird.

If Monet really is a Logia user, then Caesar Clown potentially does doubt her as well because he doesn't strike me as someone who would trust anyone else (unless it's himself), and by having Law take her heart as consideration for the contract he and Law formed, he is practically hitting two birds with one stone - having both a way to manipulate Law and preventing Monet from betraying him.

If Monet really is a "snow-woman", then lets look forward to a Foxfire Kinemon vs Monet match up - fire vs snow, I wonder how that will turn out =P.

Also since there was no snow present when Law got Chopper, Monet is likely unaware of Chopper being in the facility because if she was aware, wouldn't she do something as she is already wary of the Strawhats and recognises their strength (she doubted the crews two-year old bounties expressed their present strength)?

Law most likely knew about Monet being a snow-woman, hence Caesar Clown commenting in chapter 675 to Law that "not even you noticed, eh?" which implies that Law didn't think about Monet being amongst the snow falling on Luffy and him as they continued their conversation after taking out the Yeti Cool brothers. Curious to see what Law did with Monet's heart, does he still have it?

Thanks for reading.

6. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

The climate is the cause of the fight between Kuzan and Sakazuki for the rank of the grand admiral two years ago. Logia DF users don't transform parts of their bodies into real shapes outside of their "element" they can create, but Monet's wings are real bird/harpy wings. That "mode" so to say is very close to what Marco showed off in Marineford - leaving aside that Marco's wings were made of blue flames. As he was said to be a bird zoan, we can expect her to be another Zoan DF, too.

Additionally, Monet's greenish colorset - which is revealed by the latest volume cover - doesn't fit to being a Yuki-onna... Yuki-onna do have a blueish colorset. Either eyes or hair or both. But green hair and orange trousers aren't fitting to Yuki-onna images. The one "most off" from that image to me is Shirayuki Mizore from Rosario to Vampire with violet hair but still blue eyes.
    Last edited by hoeru; July 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Monet could have followed Law to the Straw Hat cave. When Law went back to the research lab Chopper commented that he thought they warped, doubt she could've beaten them back.

Love the yuki-onna theory! But it would have to be a mythical zoan as snow seems very close to ice. Sengoku is a buddha so it could happen.

FuS

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blame the pace and teh breaks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Personally I want Doflamingo as the sole centrepiece in this saga. If after his fall, the saga would lead directly to a Yonko or any other character, Flamingo wil be devalued. Honestly I wouldn't like that at all. I have been waiting for his appearance for a long time now. He is more important than any Yonko to me.

This is a old post of mine, I was totally wrong with the ranking, but well its from 2008 xD

Well true indeed. And I'm pretty sure once u read the arc in a complete segment, you won't be bothered by the pace. But it is somewhat frustrating reading it in weekly chapters. Well PH is not that bad in pace, actually is quite normal for OP. But FI was rly rly bad.
    At what point in the story where we at in 2008 when you wrote those comments?
    Gold Cobra

The Gold Cobra will slither unto us and turn all of our brains into Limp Bizkits.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazon lily i would guess, given the Hancock comment

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Doflamingo appear in the next chapter, surprising Ceaser and intending to "end" their alliance since he has enough "information" on his objective. I also hope he shows up with 4-5 of his organization top members, and Doflamingo telling them something like "blow up the Lab and don't leave any body alive", and I can see Chopper and the kids escaping through Ceaser's "Gas balloon" and Robin having something to do with Luffy's group escaping is possible, she could use her abilities to steal the key to the cage and also taking Law and smoker's heart while CC is distracted. If something similar to my theory happens, it would be a EPIC way to go on a break.

Can't wait to chapter 676
    Last edited by jamarTheDem; July 30, 2012 at 03:55 AM.
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post

Law most likely knew about Monet being a snow-woman, hence Caesar Clown commenting in chapter 675 to Law that "not even you noticed, eh?" which implies that Law didn't think about Monet being amongst the snow falling on Luffy and him as they continued their conversation after taking out the Yeti Cool brothers. Curious to see what Law did with Monet's heart, does he still have it?

Thanks for reading.
    nice theory there. About Monet's heart: i thought about it. What would i do if i was in Laws situation and if i have the same ability he has. Well i would wait for the right timing and if i still have monet's heart, i would switch it with mine (the hearts look similar to me, so i don't know if someone could tell a difference). So Ceasar could be thinking (by example) that he is dealing the finishing blow but in fact he is killing his own secretary.

about Monet's ability: i have got no idea what it might be, how it is working. But i like your theory, could be possible.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

No chances to have Doflamingo in next chapter. By now, the action focuses on Shinokuni, and on CC's weak control over it. Presumably the chapter will show us what happens once Shinokuni have eaten the candy... and I bet CC wont be able to control Shinokuni.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

What would happen is Shinokuni takes control of the island? I mean for the plot of the arc would be a factor that change most of the predictions. Or better, the arc becomes unpredictable.
    Last edited by ukimix; July 30, 2012 at 09:53 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Shinokuni takes control of the island everyone dies and the manga ends. Instead, let's assume that at the last moment Shinokuni is somehow stopped, the G-5 Marines are saved, initiating the final boss fight with CC and (maybe) Vergo.

I wonder if Vergo will be fought and defeated at Punk Hazard. I'm hoping that at some point Smoker gets his body back, allowing him to fight and defeat his crooked superior. Hopefully Vergo does not flee the island with Law's heart, unnecessarily extending that subplot. Everyone loses if the enemy can one shot Law throughout the rest of the arc.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Humans could flee the island before Shinokuni would take it. Since Shinokuni would be weaken by water, it can´t flee the island himself. And it would be difficult to carry it out of there. Then, in a different sense, PH would become a forbidden island, with one solely inhabitant... But that would be a boring plot (thought in that way, manga wouldn't end, as you implied).

Now I also hope someone can stop Shinokuni in some way, and I am curious about how is that going to happen. Shinokuni looks like a dangerous and tender pet. Oda like s that kind of pets (as what happens with kraken on FI arc). Maybe he will become a pet of Luffy, given his resistance to poison.

A tragically end for CC would be CC being eaten and eliminated by Shinokuni. I would like that.

I’m hopping for the final of current arc to happen not in PH, but maybe in Dress Rosa or in the island where Doflamingo is located. Possible reasons to move to that place: (i) Wergo and Monet escaping with Law's heart... or/and (ii) Momonosuke is not in PH but in that other island...

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

In fact, I would like it, if Smiley, first, eats CC, and then becomes Luffy's pet.
    Last edited by ukimix; July 30, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

As Vergo mentionned "Dress Rosa" and "Tanker of S.A.D.", I couldn't help thinking of them being still in the North Blue, and not on the Grand Line at all. I think Law may explain what happened there - maybe in a flashback that's going to start a "WTF, is he going to join?!" discussion here on MH. But we can't expect either Dress Rosa or Tanker of S.A.D. to be in the New World...

New Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast