Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!!

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

11 13.25%
  • 2 (Average)

20 24.10%
  • 3 (Good)

33 39.76%
  • 4 (Great!)

16 19.28%
  • 5 (Epic)

2 2.41%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

1 1.20%
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 675 Discussion

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 675 Discussion/ 676 Prediction

But Dress Rosa must be in the new world, right? About S.A.D. Tanker, is not some kind of ship? I interpreted so that chapter. So, it could be anywhere.
    Last edited by ukimix; July 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A tanker is indeed a type of ship, one used for transporting bulk liquid (an oil tanker, for example). They are usually massive ships, though that is not a class requirement. An S.A.D. Tanker would be a ship that S.A.D. uses to transport some sort of liquid. As Punk Hazard is a facility used to develop chemical weapons, we can assume that the tanker was transporting chemicals that are stored in a liquid state (ammonia, chlorine, various hydrocarbons, etc). S.A.D. could well be the organization supplying Caesar with raw materials, brokered by Doflamingo. That would explain why Vergo, a Vice-Admiral and well known figure, would feel comfortable hitching a ride with them too a forbidden island and location of illegal activity.

In theory Dress Rosa could be anywhere. If the Strawhats are to travel there I assume it will be in the New World, for the sake of plot expediency. The Blues and Paradise are far enough away that traveling there would draw the Strawhats to far from the stories primary setting.
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still sure that the Straw Hats will travel to the Wano country after this acr, you see Luffy and the gang are new in the New World, so there a strong possibilities that they will follow the Post and route they took instead of going off track, and since they don't know where Rosa dress is located, if the route brings them their, then that where they will go. (It's all up to Oda)

Now that I back tracked in the chapter, on chapter 661: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c661/16.html Law has a ability that could steal/take his enemies weapons, values and transmittance snails. With his "Scan" ability Law can look at and take whatever he wants without much trouble. Law can easily take his heart back and even smoker's if Luffy begs enough. (meaning that Smoker ol' Luffy, so letting them go and saving the children sounds like a good deal to me huuhh?)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Now would be the perfect time for Mr.Mrs.Prince to appear, to mix things up and add one more allusion to the Alabasta Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    If Luffy can use Haki on his teeth and make them harder, then he could possibly bite through the cage, with ease and because Haki around his teeth, then he won't take the devil fruit's effects.
    Since his body is chained up with Kairoseki, using haki on his teeth won't enable him to utilize his ability. That's the whole point of the chains.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 30, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    I'm still sure that the Straw Hats will travel to the Wano country after this acr, you see Luffy and the gang are new in the New World, so there a strong possibilities that they will follow the Post and route they took instead of going off track, and since they don't know where Rosa dress is located, if the route brings them their, then that where they will go. (It's all up to Oda)

Now that I back tracked in the chapter, on chapter 661: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c661/16.html Law has a ability that could steal/take his enemies weapons, values and transmittance snails. With his "Scan" ability Law can look at and take whatever he wants without much trouble. Law can easily take his heart back and even smoker's if Luffy begs enough. (meaning that Smoker ol' Luffy, so letting them go and saving the children sounds like a good deal to me huuhh?)
    Why are you so certain? Fishmen were first introduced at Arlong Park, yet it took oveer 400 chapters before the Strawhats arrived at Fishmen Island. A Samurai appearing at Punk Hazard is no reason to assume that Wano Country will be involved in this saga. The Strawhats first met Kami at Sabaody, but Fishman Island was still not part of the saga initiated at that island. Only after Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marineford, and a time skip did they arrive at Fishmen Island. While not outside of the realm of possibility, there is no reason to assume Wano will be part of this saga.

You also seem to misunderstand how navigation in the New World works. The fixed path of Paradise is now gone. This all should have been made clear here, a chapter I highly recommend rereading before continuing this discussion. It should be obvious that the Strawhats will not be taking the safest route, but will instead follow the needle pointing towards the most dangerous location. Taking life's safest, most prudent path is hardly the moral One Piece is meant to impart.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Why are you so certain? Fishmen were first introduced at Arlong Park, yet it took oveer 400 chapters before the Strawhats arrived at Fishmen Island. A Samurai appearing at Punk Hazard is no reason to assume that Wano Country will be involved in this saga. The Strawhats first met Kami at Sabaody, but Fishman Island was still not part of the saga initiated at that island. Only after Amazon Lily, Impel Down, Marineford, and a time skip did they arrive at Fishmen Island. While not outside of the realm of possibility, there is no reason to assume Wano will be part of this saga.

You also seem to misunderstand how navigation in the New World works. The fixed path of Paradise is now gone. This all should have been made clear here, a chapter I highly recommend rereading before continuing this discussion. It should be obvious that the Strawhats will not be taking the safest route, but will instead follow the needle pointing towards the most dangerous location. Taking life's safest, most prudent path is hardly the moral One Piece is meant to impart.
    Truth me, I'm not certain the only way I could be certain if I was writing One Piece with Oda. I say that because of two reasons:

one- How will Kinemon maybe even Momonosuke get home? I feel that Luffy don't care going off track from "the most dangerous location's route" if it's to help a friend out. Also wouldn't the Wano country that doesn't like pirates, Marines alike be considered a dangerous location with such military force station there? Even if Kinemon tell them not to go because Wano people don't warm welcome Pirates and that the people there are too strong, wouldn't Luffy just get excited and want to go more so?

two- Simply said, If they go to the most dangerous route, then I will assume that the 3 routes they can go now is: Dress rosa, The island with the missing children, and Wano country. (these are just thoughts of mines that's coming next) Dress Rosa is most likely where Doflamingo is located so if that true, then maybe Luffy should wait to he return Kinemon back to his country because as of now he really has no reason to face Doflamingo. About that island with the mssing children, Smoker is already station there, so him return the children should not be much of a problem. Last we have is Wano, as we know now is a Bada** country that doesn't need the help of anybody other then themself, strong self made people, saying that the Wano country not dangerous enough to be the most dangerous route nearest to PH is a understatement, Dress Rosa might be showed more dangerous, but Doflamingo seem to enjoy peaceful places, so I'm not sure myself.

It's all up to Oda

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Now would be the perfect time for Mr.Mrs.Prince to appear, to mix things up and add one more allusion to the Alabasta Saga.

Since his body is chained up with Kairoseki, using haki on his teeth won't enable him to utilize his ability. That's the whole point of the chains.
    Your right lol I should of look at the chapter again before I made that hypothesis, still there must be a reason only Tashigi (Smoker body) getting effect by the chain? It's either cause she's doesn't know how to control his Devil fruit abilities or it's because she doesn't know how to control his Haki level?
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see, Zoro going to Wano country, but not the whole entire crew. Oda could separate them again, after they reunite to take down CC.

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    It can be expected that Crocodile might also show up, but not in this arc but further, since Doflamingo is set up as the major villain, plus he and Crocodile have things to settle from the war right?

I think the parallelisms as entertaining as they can be, may get a bit obvious, or even too revealing of the plot, we know since the whales, Laboon that we will see a parallel Paradise for the New World, but it may get tricky, though it is an Odaesque technique of the highest order, I do not want him pushing it that much.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I can see, Zoro going to Wano country, but not the whole entire crew. Oda could separate them again, after they reunite to take down CC.
    I can't see Luffy allowing any of his crew member to be separated again anytime soon, Oda didn't even let them talk about what happen in them 2 years yet, so why make them separated so suddenly? They didn't even stay "All" together on PH yet. But who knows it's Oda he can get surprisingly random

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

I just noticed but Most the straw hats that you couldn't recognize or change wanted posters was change; http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c662/12.html That's a good even for usopp
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    As Vergo mentionned "Dress Rosa" and "Tanker of S.A.D.", I couldn't help thinking of them being still in the North Blue, and not on the Grand Line at all. I think Law may explain what happened there - maybe in a flashback that's going to start a "WTF, is he going to join?!" discussion here on MH. But we can't expect either Dress Rosa or Tanker of S.A.D. to be in the New World...
    Maybe I can help with this issue. It seems you associated those lines by Wergo:

"how many years has it been? You've grown up Law."

"I was in Dress Rosa, you see. An S.A.D. Tanker was leaving, so I rode it here..."

... associated in a way that lead you to think that when Wergo and Law were together, years ago, they were in Dress Rosa. But that doesn't have to be the case. They could be together, years ago, in a whole different place. On the other hand, we can assume that Wergo knows that Law knows about Dress Rosa, since he also knows that Law knows about Joker aka Doflamingo and about the organization (Wergo knows that Law asked CC not to tell Joker about him in PH). That is why he talked to Law, assuming that he knows what is Dress Rosa and what is an S.A.D Tanker.

Now, Wergo's whole line goes:

"Mere moments ago, I was in Dress Rosa, you see. An S.A.D. Tanker was leaving, so I rode it here..."

Since mere moment ago Wergo was in Dress Rosa, or Dress Rosa is really close to PH, or S.A.D Tanker is a very fast ship. But, since Wergo takes time to talk about the ship used in the travel, maybe ship's speed deserves the note.

But, yes, for the sake of current plot, Dress Rosa have to be in the New World.

I hope it helps. .

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe there's some hidden wish from me for Luffy & Co. take a little detour through the Calm Belt to North Blue and back... Seems like I really mistook something here. Doflamingo's "rosa" feather boa is just too misleading... ^_^;
    Last edited by hoeru; July 31, 2012 at 09:46 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought this thread was dead :p

Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    At what point in the story where we at in 2008 when you wrote those comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Amazon lily i would guess, given the Hancock comment
    Yea' sometime around Amazon Lily. Definitely before Jinbei was introduced. But like said, my ranking is total off.

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    If there's gonna be a Wano kuni arc then i think the whole crew will go there . Being separated all the time can't be helped i guess but i don't think Oda will go as far as making Zoro go by himself to an island while Luffy and the other SH's go to another one. Those 2 y were enough IMO
    I'm with matzik on this. I don't see Oda separating the crew for a long time ever again. The war saga was most likely a one time deal.
    Last edited by BlackHair; July 31, 2012 at 07:31 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

If there's gonna be a Wano kuni arc then i think the whole crew will go there . Being separated all the time can't be helped i guess but i don't think Oda will go as far as making Zoro go by himself to an island while Luffy and the other SH's go to another one .Those 2 y were enough IMO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the S.A.D Tanker, I'm with Kaiten on this, it is most likely a giant ship. I believe the ship is needed to transport smiley. I assume CC requested for that ship and Vergo just rode along, due to the events on PH.

Spoiler: Chemical tanker show

About Dresrosa; there is no question about that. It is definitely in the new world, be it a base, island or whatever. Most likely within the G-5 area. Heck, it could be also the name of G-5 outpost, who knows.
    Last edited by BlackHair; July 31, 2012 at 07:31 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I forgot, Oda had already separated them during their trip to Fishman Island. And then after they landed on Fishman Island and now after that, they arrive on Punk Hazard and got separated again.

I wasn't sure if, Oda was doing this on purpose or if there was a pattern here that would lead to something major and big in the long run. At least, would still like more infor on Wano country. Maybe the warriors there will help the Strawhats out in the near future for a serious battle.

p.s., I'm still waiting for the epic battle between "Luffy" and "Captain Kidd".

New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast