Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 165 Discussion/166 Predictions

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 165 Discussion/166 Predictions

Looking at this portrait, and knowing how Beelzebub generally works, I bet this image is going to be a completely wrong impression of Beel's mother. I can't imagine she is was(or is) the kind of gentle kind person that the picture suggests.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Looking at this portrait, and knowing how Beelzebub generally works, I bet this image is going to be a completely wrong impression of Beel's mother. I can't imagine she is was(or is) the kind of gentle kind person that the picture suggests.
    I think she is and she is the true Power behind the Demon Lord. All beatiful and nice Woman looking awesome. So i think she is familiar. But we will see.

Quote Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'd love to think that way, but this is a shounen manga, so the possibility of Aoi's mom left her husband is very unlikely . I guess we should wait until couple of chapters before come into such conclusion. Though I agree that Beel's mother is reminding me of Aoi when I first saw the painting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibi234 View Post
    well Aoi said that her mother went to search for her father who is traveling or training his martial arts skills or something like this.
    I think only one thing more. It´s also unlike for shounen Manga, that mother left her Kids alone. And let the Daughter play the Mother role, I guess. XD So i think she has some familiar basic with Aoi. When i remember right, Aoi said also that she never reminds her Mother. Cause she always lived with her Grandfather, but maybe im wrong in this point. I doesn´t read the early chapters again.

Edit: Out take from my free translation of Aoi Character infos. Aoi was shoved ro her grandfather, to the Dojo and learn Sword fighting from small.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I don't really think it looks too much like Kunieda at all...

But forget that. The REAL mystery here is why the author went out of his way to make Kugayama look like a female.
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/116789/...-hawk-scans/10
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/116789/...-hawk-scans/12

Seriously.
    Here im with you, i was also confused. Okay he was introduced as a bishounen Type, but painting him/her as a woman was funny. Not only that he/she looks like a woman, also he/she sit like typical girls in manga. So i thing the Post in this thread maybe right, Kugeyama take it away from Himekawa to safe him.
    Last edited by Black Hawk; July 19, 2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Aoi grown history.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Kugayama actually is... a woman? A flat-chested one, of course!

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    What if Kugayama actually is... a woman? A flat-chested one, of course!
    This is why I doubt Kugayama would reveal his identity as a female like a gender bender plot twist (even Aoi has a woman chest too, even though not as big as Hilda's). Tamura sure has a good talent in drawing bishies.

Wrong impression of Beel mother or not, I have an inkling that she already died (cliché), and the great demon lord wants to reminisce her by looking at her potrait.
    Last edited by Doraku; July 19, 2012 at 07:19 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    This is why I doubt Kugayama would reveal his identity as a female like a gender bender plot twist (even Aoi has a woman chest too, even though not as big as Hilda's). Tamura sure has a good talent in drawing bishies.
    That flashback Kugayama was not a bishie. Tamura straight out drew a trap.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would suit the manga better, if Kugeyama was a girl. Think about it, isn't this also a cliche in manga that are set in super luxurious high schools? Plus, she may not be entirely flat-chested, she could just be wearing a good brace (considering what background every student is coming from, I'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult to fool people). I guess another point is Furuichi calls him really good looking -- which is different than how he describes Himekawa when he's in bishie mode.

Going back to Beel's mom, I made a Deal With It gif, to see how she'd look with Aoi's bangs.

The similarity is growing on me.

I had another idea that maybe the painting is so heavily guarded because for some reason or the other, its a "living" portrait. I mean, maybe she's just hibernating in the painting or something. It would be too cliche if she was dead. Plus, it would make it more interesting for Hilda if she was alive and kicking.

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Kugeyama is kind of trapilicious here....suddenly I'm not too sure anymore what he's suppose to be. O_O
    Love that word.
    Kugeyama really goes past bishie and right into trap, I have been expecting him to say he is a girl since the first time I saw him. To be honest I have been expecting him to say that but I never really believed it until this flashback.
    Last edited by masgrande; July 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
    please click on them to help them grow.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't even form an opinion about Kugeyama. The level "trapiliciousness" is far too high. (Haha, and I agree with masgrande that is an awesome word you just invented)

And now that I see that gif Teeba the resemblance is pretty hard to not see. Considering how tied Aoi's family is to demons a lot of things could fall into place. Perhaps that's part of the how her grandfather got so tied into this demon related stuff.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 24, 2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    Love that word.
    Kugeyama really goes past bishie and right into trap, I have been expecting him to say he is a girl since the first time I saw him. To be honest I have been expecting him to say that but I never really believed it until this flashback.
    I really thought Kugeyama was a guy, when we saw that full frontal of him in ch. 160. Since then he has gone from being a bishie badass, to a traplicious badass. Considering how much importance Hilda gives him/her, Kugeyama could stick around after the arc is over.

No wait, here's another way of looking at things: each of the TKKH besides Himekawa have had a partnership or even friendship with a member of the opposite sex that has given way to interesting character development. Toujou has Shizuka, Aoi has Oga (not romantically obviously), Kanzaki has Futaba/Hanazawa,....and Himekawa has Kugeyama. This kind of supports the theory that Kugeyama is female.

If Kugeyama is actually male with questionable childhood tendencies, then I guess Tamura was going for something else entirely. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I can't even form a opinion about Kugeyama. The level "trapiliciousness" is far too high. (Haha, and I agree with masgrande that is an awesome word you just invented)

And now that I see that gif Teeba the resemblance is pretty hard to not see. Considering how tied Aoi's family is to demons it a lot of things could fall into place. Perhaps that's part of the how her grandfather got so tied into this demon related stuff.
    Thanks guys. I just figured trapilicious made the most sense, considering how attractive he is.

Aoi's grandfather is her paternal grandfather, right? But Aoi's mother used to train with him? *headclutch* Either way, he would definitely know.

Another thing to think about is that normally when a new character is meant to resemble another, someone usually mentions it. Yolda was misunderstood for Hilda right after she was introduced, and Ikaruga Suiten admitted to herself when drunk how there's a similarity between Oga and Saotome. So I think next chapter Furuichi (or Himekawa) needs to say something in order for it to be a plausible theory.

I have to admit, if Beel ends up being half-human it would be quite the reveal, and it would make sense why Behemoth's army prefer En.
    Last edited by Teeba; July 21, 2012 at 09:40 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there is a big problem with the whole theory of Aoi's mother being Beel's as well. Kouta is roughly the same age as Beel and he is her brother.

Unless another character brings up the similarity I would chalk it up as just due to the drawing style.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But then the illcit joke make more sense, also when Oga has nothing to do with the Royal Familie. XD
    I think that theorie with Beel Mom is the same as Aoi make some problem. Was there any note about Baby Beel has more brother and sister then Lord En???

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Aoi's mother might be related to Beel's mother.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a Chapter this week or is there a break that we don't about . ??

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a chapter this week. Last week Beelzebub had a colorpage, hence maybe RedHawks are running behind schedule.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2