Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What did Sid and Galk Collect for Miria?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yoma bits

2 16.67%
  • Organization Members

0 0%
  • Apples

2 16.67%
  • Photo's of Galatea

8 66.67%
New Reply

Thread: Negadarkwing's Claymore Chapter 127 &128 Double Review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Negadarkwing's Claymore Chapter 127 &128 Double Review

Claymore chapters 127 and 128 Double Review.

Hello everybody. As you may have noticed, but probably did not, I was unable to review chapter 127 when it came out last month. Stuff happened. But now I'm back with a double review. So enjoy.

Meetings and Reunions-
    The chapter opens with Cass on the move. But Miria is more concerned with Rafetela. The number 10 want's to apologize for Miria getting all chopped up, but Miria figures it's fine. Rafetela made up for it by helping them during the fight. Meanwhile Raki finally found a familiar face, Helen's. And he hopes to finally find something out about Claire. Good news is that shes been looking for him the last seven years. Bad news... And Miria has an idea of what it might mean. She thinks that Cass is being called to the blob. And when she gets their, that Priss might be able to use her to break free. Needless to say Deneve and Helen are really not happy about where they left the blob, right next to Rabona. Helen wants to beat Cass before she can make it to Rabona. But Miria feels there are some problems with that plan. 1- Claire will still be trapped in the blob, and 2- Cass is too strong for them to beat. So Miria's plan is to release the seal, and let Claire and Priss out. And hope that Cass and Priss fight it out. That's not a better plan Miria, as Deneve points out. But Miria figures with all these miracles lately, what's a few more.
    Well Raki finally gets information about Claire. But it's not all good, as he also finds out she's in a blob. And we see that Renee did indeed survive. Man the Organization was bad at killing people this arc. Not that I'm too big on character deaths for the sake of deaths, but it seems like nobody with a name died this time. Miria has a plan to deal with Cass, and Priss who is stuck in the blob, but how good it is seems debatable. Though with the hindsight given by the next chapter, it's not as bad as it seems.

Deneve Gone Wild-
    Now Miria has to figure out how they can beat Cassandra to Rabona, without running into her on the way. Fortunately Raki has a suggestion. The Org has a ship. Might as well use that. And this way he can go with them, and not slow them down. And Raki's all grown up manliness might help coax Claire out, too. But what if she comes out naked? And there's some talk of treating her? So Deneve takes it into her own hands, and tears off her shirt. Raki finds what he sees to be shocking, and as Deneve informs him, all Claymores bodies are like that. Even the trainees and Claire. Can Raki accept that? YES HE CAN! We get a heartwarming scene of him hugging the trainees, and promising to come back. Meanwhile Miria tries ditching Tabitha, Cynthia, and Yuma, ostensibly so they can heal the wounded. But Tabitha is all like “Uh, Uh bitch, you ain't getting away from me again.” Well actually it's more like “Nice try, but it's taken care of.” So all the ghosts and Raki are taking a boat trip.

Once again we get teased about what's wrong with a Claymore's torso. And again we don't see it. I'm going to assume that if it ever gets shown, Yagi will save the big reveal for when Claire comes out of the blob. Raki shows what kind of man he is. The kind with a thing for disfigurements! Okay not really, but it doesn't bother him, or at least he's more sympathetic than disgusted. As for the ship being the shortcut... Well I guess that explains some of how the Organization's members are getting around as fast as they do. A water route can be much faster than a land route, assuming you have a body of water you can go on near where you want to go. It isn't a perfect explanation, but it does work for some of it. And of course the org might well have had some better shipbuilding technology. Well now on the Chapter 128.

We're On A Boat! Not!-
    And we skip the trip completely. Despite Helen and Miria talking about how great it was. I guess Yagi didn't want to draw a ship? Anyways everybody is now right outside Rabona. And it seems to have campers in the area. But these campers don't have to fear bears. They're all former single digit awakened beings, including the male #4, Chronos, and Octavia, a female #2. Seems Rabona is empty, but it's not the Awakened Beings fault. The inhabitants got out on their own. The AB's are all there to see the show. A being that surpasses an Abyssal One, and the warriors who put down the Organization. Should be interesting.
    Well no boat. For whatever reason Yagi skipped over it. On the other hand we get a time frame for how long travel can take. Seems like it only took ten days by ship, but would have taken at least a week longer overland. That seems like more time than travel usual takes in the series. Honestly it always seemed like it only took the Claymores a few days to cross the land, not weeks. Oh well. We get introduced to a bunch of Awakened Beings. They may think they can get away, but I wouldn't get too attached. There's a good chance, in my opinion, of them ending up Priscilla chow.

In the Empty City-
    As for those in Rabona proper, their pretty glad to see the Ghosts. Well not literally in Galatea's case. Galatea takes Miria to see what is going on, while Raki gets distracted by Sid and Galk. Galatea explains that everyone left in the city are volunteers. And when we get to the blob, we see what the problem is. Priscilla is forcing her way out of it. She's managed to get about halfway out in about ten days. Galatea and the others didn't want to risk doing anything, since they have no way of predicting what will happen. And Miria has more bad news. Later at a meeting she has explained everything to everyone present. She says that the normal humans should leave now, but they refuse. Rabona is their home, and they will fight for it. Same goes for Clarice and Maita. Oh, Sid and Galk have gathered... Something. But they have less time than they thought for, as the Awakened outside the city sense that Cassandra is speeding up...
    Well for someone who wanted to see Claire so badly Raki sure did get distracted easily. You'd think he'd make getting to where she is his top priority. Well probably next chapter. Seems like Sid and Galk gathered up something from around the city. It was something that was hard for them to get more than a few by themselves, but with everyone helping, they got a decent amount? Really don't know what it could be.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Negadarkwing's Claymore Chapter 127 &128 Double Review

What kind of photos of Galatea?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

The sweet kind ones ( did you saw Helen's reaction, they must be sweet ones ).

But one a seroius note I already said my opinion several times and I will wait now to se if I am right or not. And as for some kind of bomb I pretty much doubt that as Claymore island humans are in medieval age, not gunpowder age.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

You say Renee survived but I think you meant Raftela *grumbles*

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've mentioned this any ware, but when Helen approaches Raki, she is communicating with him for the first time since tormenting him as a child about Claire's rank. She in now noticeably shorter than he, & she is armed with her Claymore over her shoulder, standing closely & slightly behind his shoulder. It could be interpreted as a threatening pose. Yet Raki was not threatened in the least. I think Yagi drew it intentionally that way to highlight Raki's forgiving character & add a little personal humor for himself & some of his audience that can catch such things. It was a charming panel.

We saw that Renee survived? I certainly missed that. I think you must be talking about Audrey.

I suspect that the stuff Cid & Galk gathered may be battle rattle. Standard issue Warrior armor. That's my best guess, but it would not shock me if its something completely unexpected.
    Last edited by gherkin; July 17, 2012 at 02:17 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    I don't think I've mentioned this any ware, but when Helen approaches Raki, she is communicating with him for the first time since tormenting him as a child about Claire's rank. She in now noticeably shorter than he, & she is armed with her Claymore over her shoulder, standing closely & slightly behind his shoulder. It could be interpreted as a threatening pose. Yet Raki was not threatened in the least. I think Yagi drew it intentionally that way to highlight Raki's forgiving character & add a little personal humor for himself & some of his audience that can catch such things. It was a charming panel.

We saw that Renee survived? I certainly missed that. I think you must be talking about Audrey.

I suspect that the stuff Cid & Galk gathered may be battle rattle. Standard issue Warrior armor. That's my best guess, but it would not shock me if its something completely unexpected.
    but he said they collected all the ones they could find around the holy city? why would there be uniforms every where....and sid said he could only carry 2 by himself
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    but he said they collected all the ones they could find around the holy city? why would there be uniforms every where....and sid said he could only carry 2 by himself
    If you remember CHapter 3 of the manga the Yoma that Raki encountered at the forest wore Claymore uniform. And after seeing Pieta we can conclude that in every major city or village there is probably an storage house with Claymore equipment. Who is to say that Rabona doesn't have one to?
    And armor is heavy, don't know abotu the weight of Claymroe armor but they have metal parts an those must be heavy for a Human to carry.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dany le fou View Post
    You say Renee survived but I think you meant Raftela *grumbles*
    Okay, so I made a typo, so sue me. On second thought don't.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    If you remember CHapter 3 of the manga the Yoma that Raki encountered at the forest wore Claymore uniform. And after seeing Pieta we can conclude that in every major city or village there is probably an storage house with Claymore equipment. Who is to say that Rabona doesn't have one to?
    And armor is heavy, don't know abotu the weight of Claymroe armor but they have metal parts an those must be heavy for a Human to carry.
    little human girl clare could carry the metal part of teresas .??
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    About the heaviness... (all values are rough(!) calculations)

The blade weighs approximately 5-6 kilos (if it were steel, don't know what it is made of, though)
    For the boots, they should be around 1.5 kilos each (since they are steel)
    The gauntlets are around 0.75 kilos
    The waist pouche approximately 3-4 kilos
    The pauldrons, with nearly 3 kilos each, are the heaviest
    The fitting for their blades on their backs, maybe 3 kilos

So, tu sum it up:
    17 kilos (w/o blade)
    23 (w/blade)

So having a store room for them here and there makes sense, because it would be troublesome for a handler to have to carry around 17 kilos for several days on his own just to get it to the warrior he's in charge of.

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael
    little human girl clare could carry the metal part of teresas .??
    As stated above, the waist pouche (Clare carried just that) should be around 3-4 kilos. Even a little girl should be able to carry that much.
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply