Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 216 Discussion/217 Prediction

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner practically's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 216 Discussion/217 Prediction

I don't know... I agree with the idea that Allen could technically remove them without issue, but then why would Hoshino spend a page explaining them and their presence, or even include them at all? Is she drawing Johnny into the confrontation, or is she hindering Allen? Or is it both, or something else?

But if you look at the panels, none of them actually seem to cover a distance of 20 meters behind Allen, or else he blocks anything behind him on page 22. owo

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

So true, this is how foreshadowing works my friend. I've noticed recently that this arc in particular has a lot of seeming-less details that don't seem to mean much or contribute much until you really stop to think about it. Example: (1) Kanda's golem which was lingering between his collar for chapters now, (2) Allen's crown clown which was acting up mildly since the very beginning of the arc indicating that Apo was close, few people noticed this, (3) The destroyed printing press machine ,which actually isn't really foreshadowing but I have to admit that after someone in this forum pointed out that this initially seemingly insignificant detail could have been Apo's/ the noah's doing to keep concealed, I was pretty mindblown {: 0, (4) when Kanda used the healing properties in his blood to help johnny ("cough"Krory couldn't do that "cough"), which I'm sure so many people didn't even remember this and instead thought that Link was going to bust through the door with atuda to save the day..... LOL, which come to think of it, seems kind of contrived and ridiculous now. I'm sure their were more but I can't really remember them right now.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually, we would be getting spoilers right about now. Er...well...2/3 of the time, anyway. Guess we are going to have to get used to that. *depression*
    On a brighter note, it is true that we get gorgeous art and fantastic 2-pagers when she comes back from break. *gloom lifting*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    I just had a totally not dumb thought. The killcanpium could be a philosopher's stone! It had a bunch of little black hands, man. That's not right. Also everyone knows D.gray-man has a weird habit of reminding people of Fullmetal Alchemist.
    Yeah! Some sorta live-foreverium is kinda what I've been thinking the Earl has been after from the start...what with the references to St. Germain, reincarnation/rebirth, and secret societies a la Golden Dawn and Ordo Templi Orientis, etc.; it seems to fit right in.
    And Alma had one of those black hands marking his chest after he went Akuma...so there's either some sort of connection to Dark Matter, or it's just a design element Hoshino favors. We may never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by yukilove21 View Post
    the Van Halen fan in me applauds you

I would also like to see how Allen would deal with the Earl in this situation. Aaaa, I'm so excited.
    Megane Allen Walker: Everybody Wants Some.
    "No, no, no, no...don't take 'em off." Oops...did I just get too dirty for public forum? Nah. I'm not worried.
    And hell yeah more Earl...he's looking terrifying for the first time in a looooong time. Cannot wait.

Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    I've noticed recently that this arc in particular has a lot of seeming-less details that don't seem to mean much or contribute much until you really stop to think about it. Example: (1) Kanda's golem which was lingering between his collar for chapters now, (2) Allen's crown clown which was acting up mildly since the very beginning of the arc indicating that Apo was close, few people noticed this, (3) The destroyed printing press machine ,which actually isn't really foreshadowing but I have to admit that after someone in this forum pointed out that this initially seemingly insignificant detail could have been Apo's/ the noah's doing to keep concealed, I was pretty mindblown {: 0, (4) when Kanda used the healing properties in his blood to help johnny ("cough"Krory couldn't do that "cough"), which I'm sure so many people didn't even remember this and instead thought that Link was going to bust through the door with atuda to save the day..... LOL, which come to think of it, seems kind of contrived and ridiculous now. I'm sure their were more but I can't really remember them right now.
    I missed most of the foreshadowing, I'll admit...but it's fun to go back and look for it and say "ah-ha!" Like when Allen is sitting in the alley and CC is giving him trouble? I thought it was just a hangover effect, but you're right--Apo must have been close on his heels at that point.
    Though I have to say, Kanda's golem (Philbert Travers-Moremont) was driving me nuts. I kept thinking things like: Why isn't Johnny taking it away from him? Why does he even have it in the first place? That is not a good way to fly under the radar...I mean, literally having the radar sleeping in your collar. pfft
    And I thought his healing properties were maxed out, but evidently they're still working for the most part since he was able to fix Johnny up pretty well. Strange...it seems like Kanda himself thinks he's winding down, judging by his remarks on the subject. I wonder...is he just busted down to almost-normal, or is he really on borrowed time? Apocryphos smashed him into the pavement hard. What will happen to him now?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Usually, we would be getting spoilers right about now. Er...well...2/3 of the time, anyway.
    There is no chapter this month.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    There is no chapter this month.
    yep it was already known from previous chapter....so no supprise here and no false hopes ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wait a minute!!! how do you know for a fact that there is no chapter this month?! show me the proof! ugh!!! that's two months without a chapter how does hoshino expect to progress the story?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

^There is "D.Gray-man is on a break next month" line at the end of chapter 216.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    ^There is "D.Gray-man is on a break next month" line at the end of chapter 216.
    And it was, and now its the second month. We already had the break mentioned in 216. Obviously Hoshino decided to extend it.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, this is only the first month. We have known that there won't be any chapter in October.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it really? Could've sworn there was no chapter last month either.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner IAmArtemis's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was only last month as well

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The last month we have chapter 216 guys, it was published september 3 :

Spoiler show

Do you really waiting chapter this month? LOL, by the way isn't supoosed to volume 24 come out in october?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually waiting!! I forgot about that line at the end of the last chapter too....

one more month to go....
    Last edited by shinobi; October 03, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    by the way isn't supoosed to volume 24 come out in october?
    Actually, it was scheduled for november but it's been postponed.
    Last edited by Lomahongva; October 09, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Since we're talking about foreshadowing lately... if you look at the chapter, Hoshino makes sure that Allen's handcuff is shown in most panels. So, here's my prompt prediction for next chapter:

Earl and Allen leave with the ark before Johnny reaches them But then Allen gets constantly shocked because he's too far away from Johnny! And of course the handcuffs are unbreakable; Even the great Hakushaku cannot undo the handcuffs, because Reever is awesome like that And the Noah figure that they can't chop Allen's arm off, because then Allen would be armless when they've cut of his innocence too, and that would just... look too pitiful So then they go back, and the Earl figures that although it's annoying, they'll have to bring Johnny with them too And so Johnny infiltrates the Noah place and will eventually save Lavi, Bookman and the Day!

It's in the stars, it's Johnny's faith to be the main obstacle to the epicness that is Allen and the Earl's private meeting well, if not him, then it's Apocryphos or Link... if the latter is done with his crepes .... So, I'm going to prepare myself for next month in order to forgive Johnny. I love Johnny, but to disturb such a beautiful moment is almost beyond forgivable but, you know... I just can't seem to dislike any of the characters to a great extent

But on the more serious side, I am 99% certain that the next chapter will have something super-awesomelicious that is just so super-awesomelicious that Hoshino needs at least 2 months to draw it properly I actually think it's less that she's not well, and more that she's finally reached this point of the story, with the long-awaited meeting between Allen and Earl... She probably wants to do that perfectly

Hnng, just one more month!! That's nothing we can't survive! 3-4 episodes of the Magi-anime will hopefully relieve my impatience in the meantime.. I've been waiting for that one <3
    Last edited by relory; October 04, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast