Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Area no Kishi

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Area no Kishi

Area no Kishi

Synopsis

Believing himself to be useless at football, Aizawa Kakeru opts to become the manager of his school's football team, while his brother Suguru is its ace, and is even good enough to represent Japan. However, Kakeru may be harbouring a strong talent within himself that only Suguru can see, and the two often get into arguments over Kakeru's denial of his skills. Things are made more complicated with the return of Nana, an old playmate of theirs that Kakeru has a crush on. Join the brothers in their journey to the national and even international championships!

(Source: MU)

Alternative Titles
    Synonyms: The Knight in the Area
    Japanese: エリアの騎士

Information
    Aired: Jan 7, 2012 to ?
    Producers: TV Asahi, Shin-Ei Animation
    Genres: Comedy, School, Shounen, Sports

Characters & Voice Actors

Aizawa, Kakeru - Sanpei, Yuuko

Mishima, Nana - Itou, Shizuka

Aizawa, Suguru - Fukuyama, Jun

Staff

Ogura, Hirofumi
    Director

Tsukiyama, Kaya
    Original Character Design

Kibayashi, Shin
    Original Creator

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

I’m really looking forward to this anime and now that I’ve found out that Jun Fukuyama is going to participate in this anime, I’m even more excited about it.

Btw, Area no Kishi is one of the nominees in the Best Sports category in the MH Manga Awards, so if you like this series, please click here and show your support for Area No Kishi. ^_^

Spoiler:  don’t click if you don’t read the manga show

---------- Post added January 08, 2012 at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was December 24, 2011 at 03:26 PM ----------

I watched the first episode and it was a very good one.

- An alien appeared out of the blue and began playing soccer with Kakeru…I’m not sure but I think that alien was 1)Suguru or 2) Nana.

- I’m really intrigued about Kakeru’s left leg …it seems an accident happened to him and since then he stopped playing soccer and became a manager…

- I might be very wrong…but I have a feeling….
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added January 09, 2012 at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was January 08, 2012 at 04:38 PM ----------

Because this line was too priceless to not post it here :

Regarding the identity of the alien in this ep, I could be Suguru or Nana or:

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako
    Or it could be a real alien. Who likes soccer.
    ROFL
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Area no Kishi

Whew, managed to squeeze in time to watch this..still have another and brave to go.
    Anyway, that real alien was funny but I think its nana because I was paying attention and I saw uh, a bustful chest when she jumped, so
    yeah.
    It's a pretty okay episode but I don't think I like Kakeru, but maybe that will change and I'll grow to like him
    I wonder if nana's role is going to just be a manager forever, I mean she looks like she can do a lot more.

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show
    I hope that doesn't happen because it will be too predictable. I hope that AnK is not cliche because really, there were a few moments in episode 1 where I could already figure out where the rest of the plot goes. I'm not that into soccer so the plot is one that I'm interested in.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Michalv's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Since i already read the manga... well i guess i can predict some of the plots (?)
    Can't wait for episode 2... but in some way, i really don't want to watch it.
    Spoiler show

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Whew, managed to squeeze in time to watch this..still have another and brave to go.
    Yay! Zeltrax is in this thread!!

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, that real alien was funny but I think its nana because I was paying attention and I saw uh, a bustful chest when she jumped, so
    yeah.
    Oh, I didn’t notice that.But I guess boys would definitely notice that, huh?

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if nana's role is going to just be a manager forever, I mean she looks like she can do a lot more.
    She will be Kakeru’s love interest and source of strength; that is the feeling I get about her character.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Michalv View Post
    Since i already read the manga... well i guess i can predict some of the plots (?)
    Spoiler show
    Welcome to this thread Michalv!! And
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Spoiler show
    Thanks for the welcome ^^ Area no Kishi is my favorite sport manga XD (It's soccer!!)
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No!!!! For a moment there I really though this episode wasn’t going to be that fatidic one.
    Spoiler show
    Why? Why? Why
    Spoiler show
    It was a good episode because it shows us that Suguru is an amazing brother who really cares about his little brother, yes, he sometimes acted cold towards his brother but his heart was in the right place. We also found out why Kakeru is afraid of kicking with his left leg and Alien-san made another appearance, but that, that
    Spoiler show

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I will hella crying if i watch the future episode 3 T^T I mean, the manga is already saaaad, so i expect the anime too.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    I felt exactly the same , but after watching episode 3…I’m still sad but I kind of understand why he had to die.

Episode 3

Amazing episode!!!

I must admit that the fact that Suguru died really saddened me.

I wasn’t very happy about having my favorite character died so early; however, by the end of episode 3; I completely understood why the writer of the story did what he did.

Suguru died and donated his heart to Kakeru so that he could live. Now, something very interesting happened in this episode, there were some moments when Kakeru wasn’t very Kakeru-like, it was more as if he was Suguru in that moment; it is as if Suguru’s heart is affecting Kakeru’s personality. In fact, maybe it was just me but it seemed as if Kakeru was taller during this episode and sometimes his face very much resembled Suguru’s face.

I’m looking forward to the next episode and I’m very curious about how Kakeru will change as a result of having Suguru’s heart inside of him.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It really was a shock that Suguru

Spoiler show

Didn't see that coming on the other hand I really like that it focuses on drama right now and not just on football.

Episode 4 was sad too, Kakeru got to know the whole truth and I could really feel with him I kinda expected the alien to be

Spoiler show

Looks like Kakeru finally made his choice, now I wonder if the next eps will be able to captivate me as much as the first ones.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to this thread, naruto-niikun!
    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    It really was a shock that Suguru

Spoiler show
    It truly was.

Quote Quote:
    Didn't see that coming on the other hand I really like that it focuses on drama right now and not just on football.
    I agree. I like the fact that AoK doesn’t solely focus on soccer. I like the fact that it uses soccer as a background to tell what it has the potential to be a great story.

Quote Quote:
    Episode 4 was sad too, Kakeru got to know the whole truth and I could really feel with him
    I’m glad that the truth is already out in the open, and I’m even gladder that upon learning the truth Kakeru didn’t turn emo but just the opposite, he became more courageous and decided to stop running away and finally faced his and Suguru’s dream head-on.

Quote Quote:
    I kinda expected the alien to be

Spoiler show
    Zeltrax was so right about Seven being the alien. And the more I learned about Suguru the more I think he was/is a great character. I can’t wait to see the other ways in which Suguru’s presence inside Kakeru will affect the latter’s life.

About next episode….I wonder in the chubby guy who appeared at the end of the preview is the guy that Suguru admired and mentioned in his diary…

---------- Post added February 18, 2012 at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was January 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM ----------

This anime needs more love here on MH. It is a great series, especially if you are a football fan.

Episode 7

Quote Quote:
    Whatever miracle diet “King” Araki was on, he needs to patent it, because he’ll never have to work a day in his life. Seriously? Two weeks and what, 50 pounds? – Guardian Enzo
    That is what Guardian Enzo said regarding Ryuuichi’s weight loss, it is hilarious but oh so true. Only in the anime world we can see that kind of weight loss. However, I’m very glad it happened because thanks to Ryuuichi's drastic change episode 7 was awesome!!! The king is back!!

I liked Suguru, but now I Ryuuichi, Oda, FC’s goalkeeper and FC’s coach. However, my favorite characters are Ryuuichi and Oda, what amazing players those guys are!! Kakeru is very, very good as well but he is missing something, as many people have mentioned it in the anime, the knight/striker hasn’t fully awoken yet.

I was glued to my screen rooting for FC during the whole episode, I so want for FC to win this match. However, I’m expected them to lose. Why? Because we all know that the underdog doesn’t defeat the big guy so early in the game.

I enjoyed watching episode 7 very much and I can’t wait to watch episode 8!!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; February 18, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Area no Kishi

Episode 7 was pretty good. I was wondering also how the diet and exercise made him loose so much weight - in what I believe the anime said was 10 days.
    Also that kick at the end was really an awesome shot.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Charlie posted in this thread. yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Episode 7 was pretty good. I was wondering also how the diet and exercise made him loose so much weight - in what I believe the anime said was 10 days.
    Well…I think we were supposed to take it as a comical moment because that was an unbelievable weight loss. It was two weeks, so 14 days, but still…losing that much weight in that short amount of time is impossible. The important thing is that Araki, the king of the FC, has returned!

Quote Quote:
    Also that kick at the end was really an awesome shot.
    Well, we had quite a few awesome tricks in this episode, a rabona chip, a couple of nutmegs and a wonderful bicycle/scissors kick. As Araki promised, from the moment he joined the game the magic began.

---------- Post added March 05, 2012 at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was February 19, 2012 at 05:47 PM ----------

Episode 9

- Araki gaining back the pounds that he lost added a dash of realism to his weight loss since the hardest part about losing weight is keeping it off after losing it, yes, losing weight is not easy but keeping it off is even more difficult. I guess Araki will have to exercise a lot during the training camp in order to lose the weight and recover his athletic shape.

- Nana is a great soccer player there is no doubt about that, but for some reason I couldn’t enjoy the game she participated in. Yes, we got to see Nana-chan’s skills and she is awesome, but…the game…lacked something, I didn’t enjoy watching it, it didn’t captivate me like the FC vs. SC game for instance. I hope the next matches Nana-chan is in are more interesting and exciting than the one in this episode.

- So it seems Araki’s extra weight hasn’t totally affected his performance on the field, because he played well during the practice match.

- Seeing Araki dieting was funny. Nana-chan was so strict with him and the laxative thing was hilarious.

- The “peeking adventure” was pretty funny; but poor Oda, he received all the blame (and some bruises courtesy of Nana-chan) for the “peeking adventure”.

- It was very sweet seeing Kakeru’s failed attempts at preventing Nana from being peeked at.

- The Nana x Kakeru moments at the end of the episode were very cute as well.

---------- Post added March 25, 2012 at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2012 at 11:55 PM ----------

I began watching episode 12 of Area no Kishi fully expecting for it to be the last episode of the series, I was gladly surprised to find out that ep 12 wasn’t the end of this anime adaptation. (Too bad episode 12 is the last episode for Brave 10 )

Watching this episode made me like Coach Iwaki so much more than before. His passion and dedication for the Enoshima soccer club is admirable. We also got an explanation as to why Iwaki was letting Araki continuing playing even though Araki wasn’t exactly in his best shape.

I really like the interactions between Oda and Araki; they are so different from each other. However, slowly but surely, they are gaining a new respect and appreciation for each other.

We also learned some interesting and touching things about the silent and tallest player from the EC whose name I can’t recall.

Overall, it was a good episode.

I know sports anime series are not very popular among the fandom but it is pretty sad to see Area no Kishi not getting enough love here on MH.

---------- Post added April 07, 2012 at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was March 25, 2012 at 03:54 PM ----------

Episode 14

In this episode we got to learn a bit more about the circumstances surrounding Kakeru’s decision to quit playing soccer when he was a child. It must have been very traumatizing for him to injure someone else’s knee in that way. Hibino’s knee is better now, but the emotional scars left on him due to the multiples surgeries and pain he went through haven’t gone away. Kakeru’s past is back to haunt him and I do hope he faces it bravely; thankfully Seven is by his side so Kakeru won’t have to face his past alone.

I got the fact that the way in which Hibino’s school won the game was incredible, but I didn’t get what exactly they did to win the game. How did they win it? I hope this is revealed in the next episode.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 25, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 14

In this episode we got to learn a bit more about the circumstances surrounding Kakeru’s decision to quit playing soccer when he was a child. It must have been very traumatizing for him to injure someone else’s knee in that way. Hibino’s knee is better now, but the emotional scars left on him due to the multiples surgeries and pain he went through haven’t gone away. Kakeru’s past is back to haunt him and I do hope he faces it bravely; thankfully Seven is by his side so Kakeru won’t have to face his past alone.

I got the fact that the way in which Hibino’s school won the game was incredible, but I didn’t get what exactly they did to win the game. How did they win it? I hope this is revealed in the next episode.
    I'm still following this show - despite the lack posting on my part here. I liked the last episode as well. The tension / anger from Hibi was done really well.
    I also did not get what they did to win the game either.... it seems to be some-kind of weird tactic. I suppose we will see it soon and Kakeru will learn that mysterious what-you-call-it maneuver.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I'm still following this show - despite the lack posting on my part here.
    Glad to know you are still watching this anime.

Quote Quote:
    I liked the last episode as well. The tension / anger from Hibi was done really well.
    I agree and I do understand where Hibino is coming from, he was pretty traumatized as well. And his free kick, wow!! Very scary and powerful.

Quote Quote:
    I also did not get what they did to win the game either.... it seems to be some-kind of weird tactic.
    Judging by everyone’s reaction I think it had to do with Hibino’s free kick. And poor Nana, she mistakenly showed the wrong video. ^^

Quote Quote:
    I suppose we will see it soon and Kakeru will learn that mysterious what-you-call-it maneuver.
    The mythical feint, but I didn’t understand that maneuver either. It happened so fast.

Watching Area no Kishi has taught me a lot about soccer tactics and strategies, but some of the games are missing something, I guess what they are missing is that tension that kept me at the edge of my seat when I watched the games in Giant Killing.

Hopefully the stronger the opponents (Enoshima FC will have to face), the more exciting the games will be.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 07, 2012 at 10:47 PM.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

And poor Nana, she mistakenly showed the wrong video. ^^
    Oh right - that was pretty funny how that scene came about. The guys were all going gaga.

Quote Quote:

The mythical feint, but I didn’t understand that maneuver either. It happened so fast.

Watching Area no Kishi has taught me a lot about soccer tactics and strategies, but some of the games are missing something, I guess what they are missing is that tension that kept me at the edge of my seat when I watched the games in Giant Killing.

Hopefully the stronger the opponents (Enoshima FC will have to face), the more exciting the games will be.
    I see what you mean, its just the shows are different but perhaps as Kakeru gets better there will be opponents that can create those kinds of tensions.
    Speaking of other soccer animes, there was another soccer show that came out recently that I've begun to like.
    Its called : Ginga e Kickoff! Give it a try as well. Although only the raws seem to be out at the moment.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast