Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Natsuyuki Rendezvous

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Synopsis

Hazuki may be near-sighted, but he knows true beauty when he sees it and the delicate form of flower shop owner Rokka draws him in like a bee to honey. So, hoping to cultivate a relationship between them, Hazuki takes a part time job at her shop, only to discover two huge thorns preventing the nurturing of any romance. The first, the fact that Rokka is still grieving for her late husband Shimao, would be enough to snip most men's ardor short, but it's the second that really threatens to make Hazuki's forlorn hopes wilt. Because while Shimao is most definitely deceased, he hasn't yet departed and his spirit is still living in Rokka's apartment! Except only Hazuki can see him, which leads to a very strange romantic triangle indeed. Are Hazuki's chances with Rokka as dead as the man who still lives in her house? Or can he somehow make love blossom even though there's an interloper pushing up the daisies between them?

(Source: Sentai Filmworks)

Characters & Voice Actors

Hazuki, Ryuusuke - Nakamura, Yuuichi

Shimao, Rokka - Ohara, Sayaka

Shimao, Atsushi - Fukuyama, Jun

Shimao, Miho - Touma, Yumi

Staff
    Matsuo, Kou
    Director

Matsushita, Yuya
    Theme Song Performance

Aimer
    Theme Song Performance

Kawachi, Haruka
    Original Creator

Taniguchi, Junichirou
    Chief Animation Director

Muramatsu, Ken
    Music

Information
    Type: TV
    Episodes: 11
    Aired: Jul 1, 2012 to ?
    Producers: Dogakobo, Fuji TV, Toho Company, Sentai FilmworksL, Sony Music Entertainment
    Genres: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Josei

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Since Sakamichi no Apollon ended a couple of weeks ago, I needed a new series to replace Sakamichi, and what better series to replace Sakamichi with than with another wonderful josei.

I watched the first two episodes of this anime and I’m completely sold on this series. It captivated my attention and my heart from the very beginning of episode 1. Moreover, two of my favorite male seiyuu Jun Fukuyama and Nakamura Yuuichi are participating in this series.

The story is interesting, sweet, endearing, touching and wonderful. This anime has all the right ingredients to become one of my favorite ones and to become one of the best anime of this summer season.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Thanks for recommending the series Desy, I enjoyed the first two episodes a lot

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    I watched the first two episodes of this anime and I’m completely sold on this series. It captivated my attention and my heart from the very beginning of episode 1. Moreover, two of my favorite male seiyuu Jun Fukuyama and Nakamura Yuuichi are participating in this series.
    It took me a bit longer but the series has pretty good start, I agree with you It managed to surprise me twice already

Spoiler show

Something you definitely wouldn't expect that fast.

The trio is just hilarious, Atsushi trying to hinder Hazuki is pretty hilarious on the other hand we already got some very touching parts ;__;
    And it was funny to see that Hazuki has the same voice actor as Oreki XD (but it fits him)

The story is interesting, sweet, endearing, touching and wonderful. This anime has all the right ingredients to become one of my favorite ones and to become one of the best anime of this summer season.
    I totally agree with you the summer season looked pretty bad/boring to me but I finally found a series that I will definitely enjoy a lot

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Thanks for recommending the series Desy, I enjoyed the first two episodes a lot
    Yay! Narutonii-kun is watching this anime!
    You’re very welcome! I’m glad you gave this series a chance and even gladder that you liked the first two eps.

Quote Quote:
    Hazuki confessing to her in ep 1 and them kissing
    The way in which Hazuki confessed was very sweet and the fact that Rokka was the one who initiated the kiss was….

Quote Quote:
    + nearly having sex in the second episode O_o
    That surprised me as well. I was like “things are moving too quickly!” That scene not only surprised me but it also reminded me of another pairing from another series
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    Something you definitely wouldn't expect that fast.
    Exactly!

Quote Quote:
    The trio is just hilarious, Atsushi trying to hinder Hazuki is pretty hilarious on the other hand we already got some very touching parts ;__;
    Yes, sometimes it is funny but other times is very touching and sad.

Quote Quote:
    And it was funny to see that Hazuki has the same voice actor as Oreki XD (but it fits him)
    Yes, he has the same seiyuu as Oreki and Tomoya from Clannad. He is a great seiyuu!

Quote Quote:
    I totally agree with you the summer season looked pretty bad/boring to me but I finally found a series that I will definitely enjoy a lot
    I’m happy to hear/read that!

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Episode 3

- The Shimao x Rokka moments are the beginning of the episode were very sweet. I can understand why Rokka fell in love with Shimao and why she still misses him.

- The conversation between Shimao and Hazuki at the beginning of the ep was pretty funny, especially when Hazuki mentioned the journey to get seven balls of something like that.

- Rokka and Hazuki cuddling and being sweet to each other was sweet but I couldn’t help but feel sad for Shimao, I mean having to see the girl you love cuddling with another man in the same bed you once shared with her is not an easy thing. So despite being a bit childish, I do understand why Shimao threw a tantrum of “earthshaking proportions”.

- I don’t think Shimao borrowing Hazuki’s body is a good idea. So far Hazuki has said no to Shimao’s petition, I just hope Hazuki doesn’t change his mind and that Shimao doesn’t “borrow” Hazuki’s body without the latter’s permission.

- This love triangle is pulling at my hearstrings…I know he is dead but sometimes I find myself in the Shimao x Rokka camp and other times Hazuki is so sweet that I can’t help but switch to the Hazuki x Rokka camp.

Looking forward to next episode!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Narutonii-kun is watching this anime!
    You’re very welcome! I’m glad you gave this series a chance and even gladder that you liked the first two eps.
    Back to the old discussion times desy-chan

The way in which Hazuki confessed was very sweet and the fact that Rokka was the one who initiated the kiss was….
    That surprised me too but so far it feels just like Hazuki said, he's a replacement for Shimao :/ I hope she will develop real feelings for him

That surprised me as well. I was like “things are moving too quickly!” That scene not only surprised me but it also reminded me of another pairing from another series
    Spoiler show
    Never watched Honey and Clover but planned to. Is it a good show?
    but I actually think that was quite a nice surprise - it didn't actually happen but it was a nice break of the usual formula by which these kind of series usually flow.

Yes, he has the same seiyuu as Oreki and Tomoya from Clannad. He is a great seiyuu!
    Didn't watch Clannad but I like the seiyuu a lot too, for some reason I always like listening to him

The Shimao x Rokka moments are the beginning of the episode were very sweet. I can understand why Rokka fell in love with Shimao and why she still misses him.
    I can understand it too, Shimao seems like a very likeable/reliable person even though he can be childish at times. It's that mix that makes him so likeable though

The conversation between Shimao and Hazuki at the beginning of the ep was pretty funny, especially when Hazuki mentioned the journey to get seven balls of something like that.
    haha yeah, it was a nice reference to Dragon Ball

Rokka and Hazuki cuddling and being sweet to each other was sweet but I couldn’t help but feel sad for Shimao, I mean having to see the girl you love cuddling with another man in the same bed you once shared with her is not an easy thing. So despite being a bit childish, I do understand why Shimao threw a tantrum of “earthshaking proportions”.
    That must be really, really harsh :/ seeing it from a neutral POV he should actually help Hazuki to make Rokka happy but I can totally understand him. He still loves her so of course he's jealous, it's a pretty difficult situation

I don’t think Shimao borrowing Hazuki’s body is a good idea. So far Hazuki has said no to Shimao’s petition, I just hope Hazuki doesn’t change his mind and that Shimao doesn’t “borrow” Hazuki’s body without the latter’s permission
    Don't really like the idea either but I'm pretty sure it will happen at some point - Shimao has to face Rokka at some point and likewise she has to too because I think it's necessary to get over him. I understand her feelings but he is dead, sadly

This love triangle is pulling at my hearstrings…I know he is dead but sometimes I find myself in the Shimao x Rokka camp and other times Hazuki is so sweet that I can’t help but switch to the Hazuki x Rokka camp.
    well I think my last comments made it clear that I'm rooting for Hazuki x Rokka. I like Shimao too but ultimately he can't make Rokka happy because he is dead and I want her to be happy again (together with Hazuki). His love is pure and true so I really root for that pairing.

Looking forward to next episode!
    Me too

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Back to the old discussion times desy-chan
    Yay!

Quote Quote:
    That surprised me too but so far it feels just like Hazuki said, he's a replacement for Shimao :/ I hope she will develop real feelings for him
    Taking everything into consideration, I think the fact that Rokka is opening her heart to Hazuki is already a big step from Rokka’s part. I do think she will develop feelings for Hazuki but she first needs to heal her wounded heart.

Quote Quote:
    Never watched Honey and Clover but planned to. Is it a good show?
    Excellent! You should totally watch it, narutonii-kun. One of the best manga/anime series IMHO.

Quote Quote:
    It's that mix that makes him so likeable though
    And the fact that his seiyuu is Fukuyama Jun, it just adds to his likeability.

Quote Quote:
    That must be really, really harsh :/ seeing it from a neutral POV he should actually help Hazuki to make Rokka happy but I can totally understand him. He still loves her so of course he's jealous, it's a pretty difficult situation
    It is a pretty complicated love triangle/situation, but that it was makes this series so interesting.

Quote Quote:
    Don't really like the idea either but I'm pretty sure it will happen at some point - Shimao has to face Rokka at some point and likewise she has to too because I think it's necessary to get over him. I understand her feelings but he is dead, sadly
    Yes, you are right. And just like in “Ghost”, Rokka and Shimao do need to have a conversation, express their feelings and have a proper and final good-bye.

Quote Quote:
    well I think my last comments made it clear that I'm rooting for Hazuki x Rokka. I like Shimao too but ultimately he can't make Rokka happy because he is dead and I want her to be happy again (together with Hazuki). His love is pure and true so I really root for that pairing.
    You are right and I agree that Shimao can’t make Rokka happy because he is dead, but it is not that I’m rotting for Shimao, the ghost, and Rokka-chan, it is more the fact that I like the Shimao x Rokka pairing from the past. I like the moments that said paring shared when Shimao was still alive.

Now, it is because I know that Hazuki’s love for Rokka is strong, pure, and true that I do want for Hazuki to end up together with Rokka-chan in the end.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay!
    I missed it I think the last long discussion was "Shiki"? God that's so long ago

Taking everything into consideration, I think the fact that Rokka is opening her heart to Hazuki is already a big step from Rokka’s part. I do think she will develop feelings for Hazuki but she first needs to heal her wounded heart.
    Definitely but it's more because she's forcing herself because she realized that she has to go on - while I want her to open her heart because of Hazuki's efforts. And that would actually be kind of bad.
    It's still pretty early in the story (or not, only 11 episodes IIRC ) though and she's too kind-hearted to only have an affair with Hazuki - that reminds that I thought it was so bittersweet when he told her that he doesn't mind if he's only a replacement

Excellent! You should totally watch it, narutonii-kun. One of the best manga/anime series IMHO.
    Okay Desy, I will put it on my to watch list

And the fact that his seiyuu is Fukuyama Jun, it just adds to his likeability.
    lol without a doubt a great seiyuu is a pretty good foundation for a character.

It is a pretty complicated love triangle/situation, but that it was makes this series so interesting.
    I agree, it's this special situation that makes it a memorable watch. It gives me the same vibe as "AnoHana" even though the story is pretty different (well there's a ghost too XD) I feel a lingering sadness mixed with happy moments and excitement. You should check out the series if you haven't

Yes, you are right. And just like in “Ghost”, Rokka and Shimao do need to have a conversation, express their feelings and have a proper and final good-bye.
    Ghost? Another story I haven't heard about XD I feel like it won't be that easy though, Shimao might even think about never returning the body to Hazuki :/ let's see how it turns out.

You are right and I agree that Shimao can’t make Rokka happy because he is dead, but it is not that I’m rotting for Shimao, the ghost, and Rokka-chan, it is more the fact that I like the Shimao x Rokka pairing from the past. I like the moments that said paring shared when Shimao was still alive.
    hmm yeah I agree, they definitely were a great couple but a tragedy always brings a new chance with it - and I think Hazuki is that chance.

Now, it is because I know that Hazuki’s love for Rokka is strong, pure, and true that I do want for Hazuki to end up together with Rokka-chan in the end.
    For a moment I thought about a third "lover" but that seems pretty unrealistic and would disturb that special triangle. I do feel like Shimao's sister will play a role too though.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed it I think the last long discussion was "Shiki"? God that's so long ago
    I missed it as well, you know I <3 discussing series with you. And we have discussed a few eps of Kuroko no Basket, but I guess Shiki was the last series with thoroughly discuss.

Quote Quote:
    Definitely but it's more because she's forcing herself because she realized that she has to go on - while I want her to open her heart because of Hazuki's efforts. And that would actually be kind of bad.
    Well…the thing is she loved and still loves Shimao, so she is not over him yet. At least, she has realized that she needs to move on and that she is still alive and she has all the right to find happiness again.

Quote Quote:
    It's still pretty early in the story (or not, only 11 episodes IIRC ) though and she's too kind-hearted to only have an affair with Hazuki
    I think Rokka-chan will be honest with Hazuki and will let him know that she is willing to give their relationship a try but that she is not in love with him, at least not yet.

Quote Quote:
    - that reminds that I thought it was so bittersweet when he told her that he doesn't mind if he's only a replacement
    Hazuki really loves Rokka-chan, doesn’t he?

Quote Quote:
    Okay Desy, I will put it on my to watch list
    Yay!!

Quote Quote:
    lol without a doubt a great seiyuu is a pretty good foundation for a character.
    QFT!

Quote Quote:
    I agree, it's this special situation that makes it a memorable watch. It gives me the same vibe as "AnoHana" even though the story is pretty different (well there's a ghost too XD) I feel a lingering sadness mixed with happy moments and excitement. You should check out the series if you haven't
    Thanks for the rec! I’ll add it to my must-watch list. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Ghost? Another story I haven't heard about XD
    Actually, it is movie and a very popular one.

Quote Quote:
    I feel like it won't be that easy though, Shimao might even think about never returning the body to Hazuki :/.
    True, true.

Quote Quote:
    hmm yeah I agree, they definitely were a great couple but a tragedy always brings a new chance with it - and I think Hazuki is that chance.
    Yep, you’re right.

Quote Quote:
    For a moment I thought about a third "lover" but that seems pretty unrealistic and would disturb that special triangle. I do feel like Shimao's sister will play a role too though.
    I think there is a possibility for a love square, I mean that Shimao’s sister could fall for Hazuki…

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Episode 4

- The opening never fails to get me. The song, the subtle meaning behind those images, it is definitely one of my favorite openings.

- Hazuki~ He won big points with me during this episode. His efforts to win Rokka-chan’s heart and make her smile are commendable. He was so cute and sweet during this episode. However, he did a huge mistake in choosing the place for his date with Rokka-chan, it is not the best idea for a date to choose a place where your significant other has already been to with her/his ex. Instead of making new memories with Rokka-chan, Hazuki-kun try to relive old memories, that was a big mistake.

- Everything in the amusement park reminded Rokka-chan of Shimao-kun, but that was totally expected it.

- I did like the boldness with witch Hazuki-kun declare his love for Rokka-chan, although I did think it was too…too…bold for him to ask her if she was going to have sex with him.

- After having not the best date, poor Hazuki-kun did a second big mistake. He turned to alcohol to drown his sorrows and get strength. Shimao took advantage of that moment of weakness to get consent for Hazuki to borrow his body. Although what Shimao did was wrong, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him when he began crying after “borrowing” Hazuki’s body. Being able to touch Rokka-chan, to feel her skin, to be able to be heard by her, I know what he did was wrong but I did feel bad for Shimao during that scene.

- I can’t wait to watch next episode…will Shimao return to Hazuki his body? Will Rokka-chan notice something different in the new Hazuki-kun? Will Rokka-chan fall for Hazuki but in reality she will fall again for Shimao? What is going to happen next? I can’t wait to find out!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed it as well, you know I <3 discussing series with you. And we have discussed a few eps of Kuroko no Basket, but I guess Shiki was the last series with thoroughly discuss.
    aww, me too yup that's what I meant, it was the same back then with mostly just us two discussing this series with big walls of text XD

Well…the thing is she loved and still loves Shimao, so she is not over him yet. At least, she has realized that she needs to move on and that she is still alive and she has all the right to find happiness again.
    I completely agree, that's the first important step

I think Rokka-chan will be honest with Hazuki and will let him know that she is willing to give their relationship a try but that she is not in love with him, at least not yet.
    That's what I believe too but I can't help but feel sorry for Hazuki-kun :/

Hazuki really loves Rokka-chan, doesn’t he?
    Yup it's undeniable after watching the fourth episode He was really cute XD

Thanks for the rec! I’ll add it to my must-watch list. ^_^
    It's awesome desy, I rewatched it two weeks ago and I cried again and it's pretty rare for me to cry because of an anime

I think there is a possibility for a love square, I mean that Shimao’s sister could fall for Hazuki…
    O__o now that you mention it, that could be. As interesting as this could turn out I guess the time is just too short with only 7 episodes remaining though.

Hazuki~ He won big points with me during this episode. His efforts to win Rokka-chan’s heart and make her smile are commendable. He was so cute and sweet during this episode. However, he did a huge mistake in choosing the place for his date with Rokka-chan, it is not the best idea for a date to choose a place where your significant other has already been to with her/his ex. Instead of making new memories with Rokka-chan, Hazuki-kun try to relive old memories, that was a big mistake.
    He really was~ he's trying so hard to make her happy but he's doing it the wrong way. Like you said it was obvious that the place would only remind Rokka of Shimao-kun and would cause melancholic/sad memories :/ she's not over him yet so she needs to get some distance, I felt like Hazuki actually made the distance between the two grow

I did like the boldness with witch Hazuki-kun declare his love for Rokka-chan, although I did think it was too…too…bold for him to ask her if she was going to have sex with him.
    well I feel like it was just a sudden (and rather stupid XD) thought of how to make her laugh and then something like this came out it looked like he actually didn't want to say that but at least it kind of helped him. Probably the only moment Rokka-chan forgot about Shimao.

After having not the best date, poor Hazuki-kun did a second big mistake. He turned to alcohol to drown his sorrows and get strength. Shimao took advantage of that moment of weakness to get consent for Hazuki to borrow his body. Although what Shimao did was wrong, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him when he began crying after “borrowing” Hazuki’s body. Being able to touch Rokka-chan, to feel her skin, to be able to be heard by her, I know what he did was wrong but I did feel bad for Shimao during that scene.
    That was a grave mistake, really @@ I can understand him though, I would probably be depressed too after what happened. Still alcohol is the most stupid thing to rely on.

And yeah that moment was really sad as much as I think it was a bad thing that Shimao used that moment to steal Hazuki's body I feel like this can be a chance-encounter

I can’t wait to watch next episode…will Shimao return to Hazuki his body? Will Rokka-chan notice something different in the new Hazuki-kun? Will Rokka-chan fall for Hazuki but in reality she will fall again for Shimao? What is going to happen next? I can’t wait to find out!
    I really hope she doesn't fall in love with Shimao in Hazuki's body, that would make things even more complicated :/ I agree though, there are a lot of things that could happen and I'm really looking forward to see it

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it was the same back then with mostly just us two discussing this series with big walls of text XD
    Yep. The posts were long but they were fun to read.

Quote Quote:
    O__o now that you mention it, that could be. As interesting as this could turn out I guess the time is just too short with only 7 episodes remaining though.
    I hope this series gets more eps or I hope there is another season of it.

Quote Quote:
    I felt like Hazuki actually made the distance between the two grow
    I agree. Moreover, Hazuki tried to force things instead of letting them being natural.

Quote Quote:
    well I feel like it was just a sudden (and rather stupid XD) thought of how to make her laugh and then something like this came out it looked like he actually didn't want to say that but at least it kind of helped him. Probably the only moment Rokka-chan forgot about Shimao.
    Well…yeah, Rokka laughing at Hazuki’s comment was the only positive thing that happened on that date.

Quote Quote:
    I really hope she doesn't fall in love with Shimao in Hazuki's body, that would make things even more complicated :/
    I have a feeling that is exactly what is going to happen.

---------- Post added August 06, 2012 at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was August 05, 2012 at 05:10 PM ----------

Episode 5

- I Hazuki’s new look!!! I know that Shimao intented for him to look dorky but I think he looks cute.

- Shimao’s tears due to how moved he was over the reunion with his wife was very touching.

- Chibi Rokka-chan was absolutely adorable!!

- I liked how we got to learn more about Shimao in this episode.

- Shimao’s plan has backfired; he has unintentionally made Rokka-chan see Hazuki in a new light.

- Rokka-chan’s proposal really surprised me!! And at the same time made me wonder why she asked that.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. The posts were long but they were fun to read.
    They still are I think I never discussed a series in detail so much with anyone besides you XD

I hope this series gets more eps or I hope there is another season of it.
    Well I'm not sure, the story is based on a manga so maybe the manga is just short too and it really ends? (like Sakamichi) I saw that someone started scanlating the series so maybe I will take a look.

I agree. Moreover, Hazuki tried to force things instead of letting them being natural.
    He's trying so hard and that's what I actually like about him but too much pressure/force is a bad thing - especially with women and very especially with women who still suffer from a past experience.

I have a feeling that is exactly what is going to happen.
    Looks like it a lot, yep This will definitely cause confusion which, in my opinion, can and will only be solved through Shimao revealing that he's still "here" as a ghost - in the end there has to be a reason why he's still around and I feel like it's because Rokka is clinging onto the past and the time they spend together too much (and he probably too)

I Hazuki’s new look!!! I know that Shimao intented for him to look dorky but I think he looks cute.
    the new look is funny but I think it could look quite good if the haircut gets polished a bit because now it looks really amateurish and dorky (but cute in a way too)

Shimao’s tears due to how moved he was over the reunion with his wife was very touching.
    That was really touching and made me feel more for Shimao, until now he seemed so childish and selfish when it's about Rokka but he probably just loves her so damn much

Rokka-chan’s proposal really surprised me!! And at the same time made me wonder why she asked that.
    That made me laugh XD really wonder what it's about, I'm sure she has a reason

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They still are
    Glad to hear that.

Quote Quote:
    I think I never discussed a series in detail so much with anyone besides you XD
    Really? Well…I guess I do like discussing series in detail, it is fun. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    Well I'm not sure, the story is based on a manga so maybe the manga is just short too and it really ends? (like Sakamichi)
    More episodes would have been awesome for Sakamichi, so…I just hope that the ending for this series is not all rushed.

Quote Quote:
    He's trying so hard and that's what I actually like about him but too much pressure/force is a bad thing - especially with women and very especially with women who still suffer from a past experience.
    Yes, that very true. Sometimes the slow road is the better road.

Quote Quote:
    in the end there has to be a reason why he's still around and I feel like it's because Rokka is clinging onto the past and the time they spend together too much (and he probably too)
    ITA. In fact, I think the storybook in which Hazuki is “trapped” is a symbol for what you just said.

Quote Quote:
    the new look is funny but I think it could look quite good if the haircut gets polished a bit because now it looks really amateurish and dorky (but cute in a way too)
    The haircut is priceless. On the bright side, Rokka-chan seems to like it.

Quote Quote:
    Rokka but he probably just loves her so damn much
    Yes, he does and that is one of the reason why I like Rokka-chan x Shimao, again not rooting for the ghost but I do like this couple.

Quote Quote:
    That made me laugh XD really wonder what it's about, I'm sure she has a reason
    Maybe she wanted to see him naked?

---------- Post added August 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was August 09, 2012 at 04:00 PM ----------

Episode 6

- Rokka-chan admitted that she does love Hazuki-kun and she confessed her feelings to him, well…it was Hazuki-kun’s body but Shimao’s soul was inside of him.

- I liked how Shimao told Rokka-chan to stop using him as an excuse. The more I learn about Shimao the more I like him.

- It seems that Shimao does intend to return to Hazuki his body, maybe I’m wrong but I think he is waiting for Rokka-chan and Hazuki-kun to be together, together in the sense of making love, before he returns to Hazuki-kun his body.

- So Thumbelina is gone…I guess now is time for The Little Mermaid?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for being this late Desy

So it ended.... I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of the last few episodes. Shimao went way too far in my opinion and felt like he was a real ass :/ by revealing himself and giving Hazuki his body back he redeemed himself somehow but he everything could have went way more easy and less painful.
    Still felt a bit sorry for Shimao, even though he looked quite happy at the end - I think and hope he was happy that Rokka found a new love and had a great life together with him.

That being said, I'm so glad Rokka did end up with Hazuki! For a second I thought Shimao would really kill her the moment Hazuki returned was really sweet but I would have loved to see more of them living together as a pairing :/ oh well, I still liked the ending <3

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for being this late Desy
    NP.

Another series has come to an end.

Mmm…after reading your post narutonii-kun and the posts of other fellow fans, I have realized I’m part of the minority ….why? Because my favorite pairing was Shimao x Rokka and my favorite character was Shimao.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate Hazuki x Rokka, in fact, I think Hazuki’s love for Rokka was very commendable, pure and strong; plus Hazuki was a great guy. And I do understand that they ending up together was the most logical way to go. It’s just…for some reason my heart wasn’t as touched by that couple as it was for the Shimao x Rokka couple, but the one when Shimao was alive. They loved each other so much and it was so sad that Shimao died and thus their relationship was cut short, they were such a wonderful couple but alas it wasn’t meant to be. On the bright side, at least Rokka had a happy ending and got to live a happy life with Hazuki.

Now…I’m not saying Shimao was a saint, he had tons of flaws, but the complexity of his character is what captivated me. He was a very interesting character and there were many layers around him, I think despite him being a ghost he was the most human character in this story.

I read a comment saying that the manga had ended in a different way, I wonder if Rokka ends up with Shimao in the manga…mmm…anyway, it was a nice series and I had fun watching it.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; September 23, 2012 at 08:45 PM.

New Reply