Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Hazuki may be near-sighted, but he knows true beauty when he sees it and the delicate form of flower shop owner Rokka draws him in like a bee to honey. So, hoping to cultivate a relationship between them, Hazuki takes a part time job at her shop, only to discover two huge thorns preventing the nurturing of any romance. The first, the fact that Rokka is still grieving for her late husband Shimao, would be enough to snip most men's ardor short, but it's the second that really threatens to make Hazuki's forlorn hopes wilt. Because while Shimao is most definitely deceased, he hasn't yet departed and his spirit is still living in Rokka's apartment! Except only Hazuki can see him, which leads to a very strange romantic triangle indeed. Are Hazuki's chances with Rokka as dead as the man who still lives in her house? Or can he somehow make love blossom even though there's an interloper pushing up the daisies between them?
(Source: Sentai Filmworks)
Characters & Voice Actors
Hazuki, Ryuusuke - Nakamura, Yuuichi
Shimao, Rokka - Ohara, Sayaka
Shimao, Atsushi - Fukuyama, Jun
Shimao, Miho - Touma, Yumi
Theme Song Performance
Theme Song Performance
Chief Animation Director
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Jul 1, 2012 to ?
Producers: Dogakobo, Fuji TV, Toho Company, Sentai FilmworksL, Sony Music Entertainment
Genres: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Josei
---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------
Since Sakamichi no Apollon ended a couple of weeks ago, I needed a new series to replace Sakamichi, and what better series to replace Sakamichi with than with another wonderful josei.
I watched the first two episodes of this anime and I’m completely sold on this series. It captivated my attention and my heart from the very beginning of episode 1. Moreover, two of my favorite male seiyuu Jun Fukuyama and Nakamura Yuuichi are participating in this series.
The story is interesting, sweet, endearing, touching and wonderful. This anime has all the right ingredients to become one of my favorite ones and to become one of the best anime of this summer season.
Thanks for recommending the series Desy, I enjoyed the first two episodes a lot
Something you definitely wouldn't expect that fast.
The trio is just hilarious, Atsushi trying to hinder Hazuki is pretty hilarious on the other hand we already got some very touching parts ;__;
And it was funny to see that Hazuki has the same voice actor as Oreki XD (but it fits him)
You’re very welcome! I’m glad you gave this series a chance and even gladder that you liked the first two eps.
The way in which Hazuki confessed was very sweet and the fact that Rokka was the one who initiated the kiss was….Quote:
That surprised me as well. I was like “things are moving too quickly!” That scene not only surprised me but it also reminded me of another pairing from another seriesQuote:
Yes, sometimes it is funny but other times is very touching and sad.Quote:
Yes, he has the same seiyuu as Oreki and Tomoya from Clannad. He is a great seiyuu!Quote:
I’m happy to hear/read that!Quote:
---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------
- The Shimao x Rokka moments are the beginning of the episode were very sweet. I can understand why Rokka fell in love with Shimao and why she still misses him.
- The conversation between Shimao and Hazuki at the beginning of the ep was pretty funny, especially when Hazuki mentioned the journey to get seven balls of something like that.
- Rokka and Hazuki cuddling and being sweet to each other was sweet but I couldn’t help but feel sad for Shimao, I mean having to see the girl you love cuddling with another man in the same bed you once shared with her is not an easy thing. So despite being a bit childish, I do understand why Shimao threw a tantrum of “earthshaking proportions”.
- I don’t think Shimao borrowing Hazuki’s body is a good idea. So far Hazuki has said no to Shimao’s petition, I just hope Hazuki doesn’t change his mind and that Shimao doesn’t “borrow” Hazuki’s body without the latter’s permission.
- This love triangle is pulling at my hearstrings…I know he is dead but sometimes I find myself in the Shimao x Rokka camp and other times Hazuki is so sweet that I can’t help but switch to the Hazuki x Rokka camp.
Looking forward to next episode!
but I actually think that was quite a nice surprise - it didn't actually happen but it was a nice break of the usual formula by which these kind of series usually flow.
Taking everything into consideration, I think the fact that Rokka is opening her heart to Hazuki is already a big step from Rokka’s part. I do think she will develop feelings for Hazuki but she first needs to heal her wounded heart.Quote:
Excellent! You should totally watch it, narutonii-kun. One of the best manga/anime series IMHO.Quote:
And the fact that his seiyuu is Fukuyama Jun, it just adds to his likeability.Quote:
It is a pretty complicated love triangle/situation, but that it was makes this series so interesting.Quote:
Yes, you are right. And just like in “Ghost”, Rokka and Shimao do need to have a conversation, express their feelings and have a proper and final good-bye.Quote:
You are right and I agree that Shimao can’t make Rokka happy because he is dead, but it is not that I’m rotting for Shimao, the ghost, and Rokka-chan, it is more the fact that I like the Shimao x Rokka pairing from the past. I like the moments that said paring shared when Shimao was still alive.Quote:
Now, it is because I know that Hazuki’s love for Rokka is strong, pure, and true that I do want for Hazuki to end up together with Rokka-chan in the end.
It's still pretty early in the story (or not, only 11 episodes IIRC ) though and she's too kind-hearted to only have an affair with Hazuki - that reminds that I thought it was so bittersweet when he told her that he doesn't mind if he's only a replacement
Well…the thing is she loved and still loves Shimao, so she is not over him yet. At least, she has realized that she needs to move on and that she is still alive and she has all the right to find happiness again.Quote:
I think Rokka-chan will be honest with Hazuki and will let him know that she is willing to give their relationship a try but that she is not in love with him, at least not yet.Quote:
Hazuki really loves Rokka-chan, doesn’t he?Quote:
Thanks for the rec! I’ll add it to my must-watch list. ^_^Quote:
Actually, it is movie and a very popular one.Quote:
Yep, you’re right.Quote:
I think there is a possibility for a love square, I mean that Shimao’s sister could fall for Hazuki…Quote:
---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------
- The opening never fails to get me. The song, the subtle meaning behind those images, it is definitely one of my favorite openings.
- Hazuki~ He won big points with me during this episode. His efforts to win Rokka-chan’s heart and make her smile are commendable. He was so cute and sweet during this episode. However, he did a huge mistake in choosing the place for his date with Rokka-chan, it is not the best idea for a date to choose a place where your significant other has already been to with her/his ex. Instead of making new memories with Rokka-chan, Hazuki-kun try to relive old memories, that was a big mistake.
- Everything in the amusement park reminded Rokka-chan of Shimao-kun, but that was totally expected it.
- I did like the boldness with witch Hazuki-kun declare his love for Rokka-chan, although I did think it was too…too…bold for him to ask her if she was going to have sex with him.
- After having not the best date, poor Hazuki-kun did a second big mistake. He turned to alcohol to drown his sorrows and get strength. Shimao took advantage of that moment of weakness to get consent for Hazuki to borrow his body. Although what Shimao did was wrong, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him when he began crying after “borrowing” Hazuki’s body. Being able to touch Rokka-chan, to feel her skin, to be able to be heard by her, I know what he did was wrong but I did feel bad for Shimao during that scene.
- I can’t wait to watch next episode…will Shimao return to Hazuki his body? Will Rokka-chan notice something different in the new Hazuki-kun? Will Rokka-chan fall for Hazuki but in reality she will fall again for Shimao? What is going to happen next? I can’t wait to find out!
And yeah that moment was really sad as much as I think it was a bad thing that Shimao used that moment to steal Hazuki's body I feel like this can be a chance-encounter
I hope this series gets more eps or I hope there is another season of it.Quote:
I agree. Moreover, Hazuki tried to force things instead of letting them being natural.Quote:
Well…yeah, Rokka laughing at Hazuki’s comment was the only positive thing that happened on that date.Quote:
I have a feeling that is exactly what is going to happen.Quote:
---------- Post added August 06, 2012 at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was August 05, 2012 at 05:10 PM ----------
- I Hazuki’s new look!!! I know that Shimao intented for him to look dorky but I think he looks cute.
- Shimao’s tears due to how moved he was over the reunion with his wife was very touching.
- Chibi Rokka-chan was absolutely adorable!!
- I liked how we got to learn more about Shimao in this episode.
- Shimao’s plan has backfired; he has unintentionally made Rokka-chan see Hazuki in a new light.
- Rokka-chan’s proposal really surprised me!! And at the same time made me wonder why she asked that.
Really? Well…I guess I do like discussing series in detail, it is fun. ^_^Quote:
More episodes would have been awesome for Sakamichi, so…I just hope that the ending for this series is not all rushed.Quote:
Yes, that very true. Sometimes the slow road is the better road.Quote:
ITA. In fact, I think the storybook in which Hazuki is “trapped” is a symbol for what you just said.Quote:
The haircut is priceless. On the bright side, Rokka-chan seems to like it.Quote:
Yes, he does and that is one of the reason why I like Rokka-chan x Shimao, again not rooting for the ghost but I do like this couple.Quote:
Maybe she wanted to see him naked?Quote:
---------- Post added August 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was August 09, 2012 at 04:00 PM ----------
- Rokka-chan admitted that she does love Hazuki-kun and she confessed her feelings to him, well…it was Hazuki-kun’s body but Shimao’s soul was inside of him.
- I liked how Shimao told Rokka-chan to stop using him as an excuse. The more I learn about Shimao the more I like him.
- It seems that Shimao does intend to return to Hazuki his body, maybe I’m wrong but I think he is waiting for Rokka-chan and Hazuki-kun to be together, together in the sense of making love, before he returns to Hazuki-kun his body.
- So Thumbelina is gone…I guess now is time for The Little Mermaid?
Sorry for being this late Desy
So it ended.... I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of the last few episodes. Shimao went way too far in my opinion and felt like he was a real ass :/ by revealing himself and giving Hazuki his body back he redeemed himself somehow but he everything could have went way more easy and less painful.
Still felt a bit sorry for Shimao, even though he looked quite happy at the end - I think and hope he was happy that Rokka found a new love and had a great life together with him.
That being said, I'm so glad Rokka did end up with Hazuki! For a second I thought Shimao would really kill her the moment Hazuki returned was really sweet but I would have loved to see more of them living together as a pairing :/ oh well, I still liked the ending <3
Another series has come to an end.
Mmm…after reading your post narutonii-kun and the posts of other fellow fans, I have realized I’m part of the minority ….why? Because my favorite pairing was Shimao x Rokka and my favorite character was Shimao.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate Hazuki x Rokka, in fact, I think Hazuki’s love for Rokka was very commendable, pure and strong; plus Hazuki was a great guy. And I do understand that they ending up together was the most logical way to go. It’s just…for some reason my heart wasn’t as touched by that couple as it was for the Shimao x Rokka couple, but the one when Shimao was alive. They loved each other so much and it was so sad that Shimao died and thus their relationship was cut short, they were such a wonderful couple but alas it wasn’t meant to be. On the bright side, at least Rokka had a happy ending and got to live a happy life with Hazuki.
Now…I’m not saying Shimao was a saint, he had tons of flaws, but the complexity of his character is what captivated me. He was a very interesting character and there were many layers around him, I think despite him being a ghost he was the most human character in this story.
I read a comment saying that the manga had ended in a different way, I wonder if Rokka ends up with Shimao in the manga…mmm…anyway, it was a nice series and I had fun watching it.
Last edited by destiny4ever; September 23, 2012 at 08:45 PM.