Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Do you think Jirou has his own group?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think Jirou has his own group?

We haven't seen Jirou with IGO's top guns in 0th biotope, nor was even mentioned (correct me if I'm wrong). Do you think he has his own group? Like Ichiryuu has IGO and Midora has the Bishokukai.
    Because being the second of Acacia's three disciples, I think it would make him look low if he's just under IGO.

http://www.mangareader.net/349-24629...hapter-60.html
    In this chapter, a group was mentioned and Jirou was shown. But the other characters are from IGO.
    Last edited by llydnarz; July 16, 2012 at 01:22 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you think Jirou has his own group?

Jirou seems like a loner who doesn't bother himself with worldly matters. Apparently his goal is just to chill and drink. He was seen helping Toriko and Komatsu only because they gave him booze that one time on the train and he is now forever in debt to them. Being comparable in strength to President and Boss, putting him under IGO would give them incredible advantage.

He will have some role in the story for sure and won't stand idle if war affects him in any way. What will he do we'll have to wait and see.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He might not have his own group, but I think his combo of himself and Setsuno is enough to get by most things. Honestly, does anyone think that Jirou has actually weakened? From the looks of it, he must go to the Gourmet World kind of often in order to supply himself with his sake, and supply his full course for Setsuno's menu.

If he does have a group though, it might be comprised of his son and daughter in law that we haven't seen. Maybe Teppei is in there too.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Grinpatch mentioned that Jirou is also preparing for the gourmet solar eclipse. He is also aiming for an ingredient that comes out during the eclipse. Could be God or something else.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt he has his own group. Though it might have been interesting to see him teaming up with his son or daughter and other members of his family or other interesting guys, but I doiubt we'll see it.
    Though I believe we might see him later in Gourmet World on the side of IGO as they will need him to help as it seems that Bishokukai not only have numbers and Midora on their side, but also pissibly Nitro and they seem to be quite strong. If you have even 20-30 guys of at least Toriko's level, then you have quite an interesting strength on Nitro's side and I believe there are way more of strong Nitro's out there, who should be at least individually as strong as all Heavingly Kings combined now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt someone like Jirou would join any of the other sides for now. I think if he joins let's just say the IGO, it's 100% victory for the IGO, I consider him to be a wild card... He's certainly not with the Bishokukai, but definitely not with the IGO either. He's clearly uber strong being one of the disciples of Acacia, that's why I think the author wants to keep him out of the conflict for now. He's just too haxx.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that if the War really breaks out, then Jirou will at least join IGO in order to prevent Midora from getting God only for himself.
    I see Jirou being ready to share God among several persons, hence he might oppose Midora.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I know one thing for certain - if someone dared touch his precious Drunken Frenzy Island - I definitely wouldn't like to be in that guy's skin

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that it is confirmed that there is a third faction in this story, there is a possibility that Jirou does have his own group.
    Coz if there is someone powerful and knowledgeable enough to lead another quest for God and compete against Ichi and Mido, then it would be none other than another disciple of Acacia.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

But it seems that it was someone from the Third Faction who nearly killed Teppei and I seriously doubt Jirou would allow anyone to endanger his beloved grandchild.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Doc Q's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Jirou seems like a loner who doesn't bother himself with worldly matters. Apparently his goal is just to chill and drink.
    He's a loner most def. I can't see him having an organization working under him or whatever.

But I really doubt a character on the level of Acacia's Disciples is just loafing around without an agenda. He wasn't in the Gourmet World for nothing. There's probably a lot mor to Jirou than meets the eye. My shot in the dark would be that he's tailing the Third Faction. But it could really be anything.

New Reply