Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Link0180's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello...

Um...so yh, Hi.

Im Link0180, or just Link, Im new here and i was told this site would help me to get people to know about my Manga...or "soon to be" manga really, so i thought i'd give it a go and hopefuly make some proper friends with people that don't turn on me at some random point.

So yh i like Manga alot like Naruto, Bleach and so on right to the point of wanting to do my own, tho. as of right now im not in the best position in the world to do that right now, you know, no drawing tablet and quite alot of other things putting me down, one day, one day i'll make it happen, i personaly donw care if people dont want me to, i get told alot that i'll never make my manga, but then when i take their word for it i get told off for being too negative so i can't really win...so i'll just have to make miself win then.

Its not a good first impression i guess but at least its MY first impression...normaly someone else does that before i even get the chance to meet new people and it all goes south from there. >.>

---------- Post added July 31, 2012 at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was July 16, 2012 at 04:59 PM ----------

since opening a new thread is proving impossible for me at the artist gallery (obviously its me that trying to start one) im just gona drop a link to my DA account to look at here instead

http://link-0180.deviantart.com/

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello...

Quote Originally Posted by Link0180 View Post
    Um...so yh, Hi.

Im Link0180, or just Link, Im new here and i was told this site would help me to get people to know about my Manga...or "soon to be" manga really, so i thought i'd give it a go and hopefuly make some proper friends with people that don't turn on me at some random point.

So yh i like Manga alot like Naruto, Bleach and so on right to the point of wanting to do my own, tho. as of right now im not in the best position in the world to do that right now, you know, no drawing tablet and quite alot of other things putting me down, one day, one day i'll make it happen, i personaly donw care if people dont want me to, i get told alot that i'll never make my manga, but then when i take their word for it i get told off for being too negative so i can't really win...so i'll just have to make miself win then.

Its not a good first impression i guess but at least its MY first impression...normaly someone else does that before i even get the chance to meet new people and it all goes south from there. >.>

---------- Post added July 31, 2012 at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was July 16, 2012 at 04:59 PM ----------

since opening a new thread is proving impossible for me at the artist gallery (obviously its me that trying to start one) im just gona drop a link to my DA account to look at here instead

http://link-0180.deviantart.com/
    Welvome to mh ~~~. If you want a thread @ the artist gallery section. You haveto have the artist section. See the rules for that there.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Welvome to mh ~~~. If you want a thread @ the artist gallery section. You haveto have the artist section. See the rules for that there.
    Oh...well never mind then, i know for sure that no one will be interested in what i draw, the best i could probably do then is to just put my ideas down at my other thread for my future manga.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see some of them. We're going to open the art contest here soon - maybe you can take part it them then as well. I'll also check out your DA account later.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think that'll be a good idea, plus now or soon is not a good time for me (or ever really) to post any form of art for me, to make my ultra long sob story short i have right now a computer that runs on less then 1gb or memory so Photoshop is out of the question, even if i could use PS i dont have a drawing tablet to draw with anyways.

I do have drawing i did traditionaly using pen and paper, but i did them A3 size, tipicly i dont have access to an A3 scanner... :c

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think that'll be a good idea, plus now or soon is not a good time for me (or ever really) to post any form of art for me, to make my ultra long sob story short i have right now a computer that runs on less then 1gb or memory so Photoshop is out of the question, even if i could use PS i dont have a drawing tablet to draw with anyways.

I do have drawing i did traditionaly using pen and paper, but i did them A3 size, tipicly i dont have access to an A3 scanner... :c

-

Not having the equipment you need sucks. I suppose if you're working - you need to save up a bit.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

And thats where another problem comes in, i'm not working at the moment, I have no money whats so ever and been left with little to no money to live on for almost a year (hense my perminant depression)

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

And thats where another problem comes in, i'm not working at the moment, I have no money whats so ever and been left with little to no money to live on for almost a year (hense my perminant depression)
    Have you been going to job fairs? Or something of the like? You really need to spend the whole day just hunting different stores or outlets to find something.

MH's Best Newcomer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tatasugoi's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Link!
    Tell me more about yourself.
    Favorite movies, food and music.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yh...like i haven't done that the past 6 months ¬_¬

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yh...like i haven't done that the past 6 months ¬_¬

What options are ya looking at now?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well im prone to mess things up so i always kept it on something simple, plus being on the brink of depression 24/7 i was adviced to go for something small so atm it's ether a cleaning job warehouse and shelf stacking, not the most exciting job but its better then nothing at least...

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well im prone to mess things up so i always kept it on something simple, plus being on the brink of depression 24/7 i was adviced to go for something small so atm it's ether a cleaning job warehouse and shelf stacking, not the most exciting job but its better then nothing at least...
    Oh that a pretty great advice. Keep us posted on how things go~ <3.
    A small job better than no job is always better and even if its not lets say an ideal job - you can always work up and use the previous jobs experiences as references.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Oh that a pretty great advice. Keep us posted on how things go~ <3.
    A small job better than no job is always better and even if its not lets say an ideal job - you can always work up and use the previous jobs experiences as references.
    well i'd rly rly rly would like to have at least ONE good moment in my time where i'd be motivated enough to start on my manga even if just about everyone i know including my parents tell me its just "wishful thinking"

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Link,

I wonder what does 0180 stands for ?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast