Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 369 Discussion/370 Prediction Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 369 Spoiler Discussion Thread

It seems the reason for why they (the weird-looking giant Gantzman... thing) sent the info to make the Gantz ball was because it seems multiple planets were destroyed at once. I'm guessing those are the planets of all the aliens that appeared in Gantz, from the Onion Alien to the Giant Alien. It seems that all the alien species, mainly the Giant Aliens, tried to invade the Gantzman's planet, but they failed.

Also, the Gantzman is stupid... he claims he feels no emotion, but yet he views humans as insects...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tae is one of these aliens lol....
    The way it said humans kill ants as they think they're inferior was the whole point the giant arc was because the giants were like that to humans.
    Well the Giants may of been the strongest but suffering massive damage from attacking the Gantz aliens planet then head to Earth to hope to win.
    But they would be one of the most advance, they had a colony thing as a spaceship for everyone to live. I got a feeling Kei2 will snap at them lol...
    Nishi and Kei1 are not there because they never requested the transfer....well they did not find a phone to get the call to pick them up.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone about the human trash/evil thing, it is kind of lame(same goes to the brutal attack of those giants on earth) and besides that it feels very superficial and under developed for a race/species that is apparently highly advanced. It is like laughing at someone because that person doesn't know something or can't do it as good, instead of teaching the person.

Otherwise very interesting chapter! Love all the famous faces in there! Even Oku's dog has a guest role!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    Wait.

So what's next?

Where's the OMFG twist?

Besides, aliens didn't explain why Tae had a plotshield..
    Didn't you see one of the alien faces looked like Tae? Tae = Alien god = plot shield = mystery solved.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well...

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    As for comparing the Rome aliens with the giants that is unfair because the greek gods are individually monstrous but they aren't a whole civilization for that matter, they might wack a lot of giants but would eventually lose to their numerous and organized army.
    A handful of Gantzers managed to send the giants running in two days. I'm sure the cherubs or whatever would do just fine. Especially since those saw guns won't do a thing to them and they're too damn fast and small for cannons or ships to be of much use.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KetchikanAKGantzer View Post
    Also, the Gantzman is stupid... he claims he feels no emotion, but yet he views humans as insects...
    Yes... that's the analogy. "You people are like insects to us". Since most people don't care about insects at all?? It wasn't necessarily no emotion either. iirc it was just sympathy for other forms of life.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by A_N_G_E_L View Post
    I agree with everyone about the human trash/evil thing, it is kind of lame(same goes to the brutal attack of those giants on earth) and besides that it feels very superficial and under developed for a race/species that is apparently highly advanced. It is like laughing at someone because that person doesn't know something or can't do it as good, instead of teaching the person.
    Why do you think 'developed' or 'advanced' should = nice?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    That page with the Miichael Jackson / Bill Gates face there is this line (wich i suppose it's in Korean) that i can't translate with the google translator, its above the chinese one.

Anyone can help?
    I took your request upon myself and made an account to translate that for you. (more like I couldnt resist) She/he's just saying along the lines of "I honor you"

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the translation.

-----

The best thing about the chapter is the presentation of the aliens and the blood tears they cause on the teams, watching characters with so much plot armor like Katô and Kurono crying blood like everybody else is really shocking. About the revelations, well...

Fra already told Kurono1 that their planetary system was destroyed a long time ago and that they weren't the only aliens who migrated to earth so that's no surprise. The giants being the strongest race is kinda dull, they were about to get decimated by an army of mechs and that's just the humans using the gantz technology, god knows what kind of weapons they have on their home planet...i don't know if i said it already but it would be really lame that the "final boss" is Iva Gonde, i'm done with the giants.

I just wonder if the alien was saying that his planet was the destination of all the aliens or just the giants, it's kinda confusing since Kurono asks if the enemies they fought were the "inmigrants" and then Katô asks if the giants are "inmigrants" too, they ask this after the monster says the aliens were migrating to earth because their planetary system was destroyed...all the aliens on earth lived on that system or what?

The Gantz man, i always thought he was just a clone, after the gantz factory it was obvious they were mass producing everything.

Also, i think they said they sent the tech only to mantain order on earth? If they want to wipe out humanity then it would be easy since they are the creators of the gantz tech, unless the germans have something on their sleeve.

Damura: I don't know, maybe the suits had 0 defense against the statues in particular...since it was all a game maybe the germans placed many handicaps on the suits in order to make the missions more interesting, hence the 100 point rewards.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member anime9999's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I remember very well how strong and unbeatable the Aliens were compared to the giants.

So, instead of having to do all this mess to human beings why couldn't that thing just contact the humans 'gently' and tell them to prepare an army for a big war?

Btw, this part is funny:

Humans: Oh you are god! Thank you for saving us!
    The thing: Oh don't thank me you bastards because I have no sympathy for you; Besides I am not your fu**ing god.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

ok called it 20 issues ago

[14] The real question I want to know is what were the giants running from? something destroyed thier planet, as fraya said, and they had been wandering ever since....

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

also I would have H gunned that thing on the basis most weapons made by a species can kill that species, and I don't believe it. Further there are enough fckuded up gantzers to give this a shot...it seems this other alien just did not like the giant alien ans to be sure armed earth against the giants

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member anime9999's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow that reminds me of Sebastian when he told the journalist guy that he "is ready to answer any question he's got about Gantz" and then his answers only made things more complicated.

I've also the impression that this thing is stupid or making a fool of everyone.

American Gantzer: Is "that flow" the only way you can answer?
    Thing (Baby face): It's because it is the most important shot.

WTF

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, Props to everyone that called it.

I saw this coming for so long.

Gantz is basically an extended episode of "invader zim" its funny give it a watch.

Well so far everything makes sense to me now.

I could imagine that the faces appearing were people whom have felt the touch of these aliens in the past. No way to know how long they've been attempting to do this.

I love everything though. There is no god. Tae was correct. All life is equal. And this is why the human species will not survive.

We may scuff him off as being Cliche, but this is a necessary message for people to understand.

If we do not respect all life, we will die. Because we are reliant on everything to survive.

The human race is like Quantity over quality at the moment.

Soon it will have to be Quality over Quantity. Cause this ain't working.

I enjoy the aliens perspective. They are doing this because they can. Its not like any of this required effort on their part.

Try to imagine just setting your computer to constantly stream emails to someone on the other side of the planet with all the technical instructions you have to offer on how to make a car.

I'm sure these aliens care more about balance than anything else. The giants lost there planet and are now spreading across the universe to find something else.

The gantz aliens are probably the highest form of evolution, giving them a god like status in our heads. But in reality they have probably gained the best understanding of the universe.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry, what exactly did everybody call ages ago?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A_N_G_E_L View Post
    it is kind of lame(same goes to the brutal attack of those giants on earth) and besides that it feels very superficial and under developed for a race/species that is apparently highly advanced. It is like laughing at someone because that person doesn't know something or can't do it as good, instead of teaching the person.
    You're making a huge mistake in your assumptions.

You're implying the Aliens can feel the emotion "superficial"

It is making a declarative fact. Similar to a parent observing an undesirable trait in a child.

And its not like "laughing at someone" cause he's not laughing at anyone.

Analogies that require emotions this being may not have do not work.

Its not your place to tell this species what it should and should not be doing. Nor how it should or should not react.

Humans need to learn for them selves. And as you can see based of of the vast amount of differing reactions, the human race wouldn't be ready for something like this.

We are still to divide. Some view it as a god, some view it for what it is. Thats probably the difference between those crying and bleeding tears. But I'll have to wait for the full scanslation.

You can't force someone to change, and it's no one's job other than our own to better our own lives.

Besides, the guy gave us the technology and power to save our species.

Show a little gratitude before tearing him down.

Humans. So silly ^_^

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    sorry, what exactly did everybody call ages ago?
    I knew that the information was being transmitted from another alien species that probably had to deal with the giants in the past.

Its exactly like an old Invader zim episode, where Dip obtains powers from an alien species that is currently fighting the Urk empire on their home planet.

I had spoken about this months ago.

Its also similar to the movie "species" where an alien race sends us information for infinite renewable energy, and there genetic data and how to combine it with our own.

Calling it now.

Everyone is getting resurrected. And don't rage when they do. If gantz has told us anything. Human life is worth the value you put into it.

Sakata placed value on his life by saying that, I don't want to be resurrected.

Kei placed value on tae's life in that protecting her was the most important thing in his life.

And then there's a bunch of assholes that don't think human life is worth a damn. Like nishi.

This isn't the type of story where someone dying has a massive impact on the direction of the story like, One piece, with Luffy's brothers death.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

It does however seem that, yes in fact, all of these things are being manufactured on planet earth.

The aliens just gave us the blue prints.

They provided the way, we provided the means.

It makes sense that these giants are the strongest race.

You just need to look at it from the appropriate perspective.

This is a race that encapsulates many other species. And compared to human's they are far more advanced.

Sure the Roman aliens were strong. But this is a civilization.

Strength in numbers is still strength.

And all we can say is that these were by far the largest assault force we've seen.

But you can see that the Gantz technology far surpasses even their own technology.

And it's not a big deal to think of the reason because remember, what the gantz alien did, did not require any effort on its part.

he basically sent us an email "yeah, some dudes are coming to your planet, heres some instructions to defend yourselves. ps fuck you"

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    yeah I'd imagine that Prior to the katastrophe, maybe the game itself was used to spread the word of the gantz technology to other rich elites.

And that yes, they wanted to use this technology to re-claim earth after the attack.

Thats all fine and dandy, but I just hope they tell us WHO was sending the information to the fat retarded german girl.

If anyones ever seen invader zim, theres an episode in it, that is very similar to gantz.

The main character Dib is visited by aliens, these aliens are fighting the same aliens Dib is fighting on earth, but are in a different part of the galaxy. So they give him some of their powers to help him deal with the bad aliens on earth.

I'd imagine thats exactly why the gantz technology was given to the humans.

called in January woot woot.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Anyone else find it hilarious that

While saying "there is no god for mankind to cling too" he says it as "jesus" and actually has half of the crucifixion scars.

Check out his wrists lol.
    Last edited by kliff2004; August 06, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Lol, fair enough.

I still wonder why they did things in this particular manner in the first place.

They clearly have the means to stop the giants whenever they want. Distance isn't an issue. Wounds/deaths aren't an issue.

Would have been better to properly inform the humans imo, though I guess it doesn't matter since the giants are vulnerable to little more than a handful of Gantzers. And given that all it took to defeat the giants was a handful of humans, many of the aliens we've seen could easily defeat the giants if they wanted to.

I agree that the story isn't dependant on any one character. The whole cast could die and the story would remain in the same direction because up til now the story has been 'here's some new enemies, good luck!'

And now that we had a chance to set each character on their own path the main idea has been 'explore the ship until you're all summoned to something important'..

I kind of forgot whatever point I was trying to make, but yes, looks like you called it. I hope it didn't take too long to track down that comment though.

I'll just say there were plenty of clues, but despite everything we've seen it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You'd figure that under the circumstances these aliens could have come up with a better plan.

I wonder if Sebastien(?) is one of these alien god things. I hope he makes another appearance. Very creepy looking guy.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kliff2004 View Post
    Anyone else find it hilarious that

While saying "there is no god for mankind to cling too" he says it as "jesus" and actually has half of the crucifixion scars.

Check out his wrists lol.
    Always thought they nailed the palms of your hands. Now that's a brutal way to go.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, did they get sent to a special room to get the answers or is this the center of the mothership?

New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast