Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Urahara's Shady Character To Be Revealed In The Final Arc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara's Shady Character To Be Revealed In The Final Arc

Urahara is a shady character, he always has been, since some of the very first chapters of Bleach.
    He's been eluding us readers for many years, we never can be sure on this guy, just who is he?

Picture Source

The moment it was made clear that he once was a regular captain in Soul Society, more mystery was added to him, he's something more than that.

He seems to have really good connections to the Royal Dimension, yet captains who has been captains altogether for at least 100 years hardly know the personality of the Royal Guard (Shinji for example), and Urahara was a captain in the same period, for a mere 10 years.
    So he did not meet the Royal Guard because he was a captain, this we might as well make clear from the get go.

Urahara most have more going for him than being a Captain and the founder of the Research Institute, somerthing more has to be more under the waters, is it the tip of the ice berg?

Did he meet the Royal Guards prior to leaving Soul Soceity, or after? How? Why?
    Why does the Soul King like Urahara? Who is he?

Lets hear your theories or wild ideas!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Urahara's Shady Character To Be Revealed In The Final Arc

From Aizen and Urahara's last conversation, it sounded like Urahara had some business with SK. I think Mr. Hat-n-Clogs is actually an undercover Royal Guard member. Their job is to protect SK, and Urahara's plan was to stop Aizen from assassinating him. And the Royal Guard had to be introduced for some purpose - as of now, they are nigh useless. Show them just to heal Renji, Byakuya and Rukia and push Ichigo towards discovering his true origins? Come on.
    To answer the question when Urahara was promoted to RG, it could be either after his exile, and the reason why he was chosen would be because he created the Hogyoku, or sometime before, and then the Hogyoku was made with RG's help (maybe even SK helped him personally). But then, Aizen managed to create his own Hogyoku...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel as if Urahara's more powerful version of Aizen - pretending to be good but is really evil planning nefarious things.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I feel as if Urahara's more powerful version of Aizen - pretending to be good but is really evil planning nefarious things.
    That really is an interesting take on it, and he'd also strike as a person who could find a true alternative system to the current system, unlike Aizen, who went ahead with trial and error.
    Aizen hardly seemed like he knew what he was gonna do after replacing the Soul King, he'd probably continue his trial and error thinking method.

I can see how Urahara might have gone much further if he's evil or semi evil, wth a much grander plan O.o
    But would it work? Would the story be less interesting if Urahara turned evil?

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

in any case ,if urahara turns out to be a villian ,he will be my favourite villian of all times ... EVER ... FOREVER

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    That really is an interesting take on it, and he'd also strike as a person who could find a true alternative system to the current system, unlike Aizen, who went ahead with trial and error.
    Aizen hardly seemed like he knew what he was gonna do after replacing the Soul King, he'd probably continue his trial and error thinking method.

I can see how Urahara might have gone much further if he's evil or semi evil, wth a much grander plan O.o
    But would it work? Would the story be less interesting if Urahara turned evil?
    It'd be more interesting because the good guys would have to find ways to beat Urahara. Not only is he pretty smart, but he also seems to be powerful. It'd be a major challenge for them.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Urahara did something to Masaki at the end of the last chapter when he bumped into her to speed up her hollowfication process. In any case, I always enjoy seeing Urahara.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if this forum is based on this week's chapter, then let's look at the situation overall 360.

It wasn't too long ago that Urahara was investigating the disappearance of Rukongai citizens and later, shinigami, during the "TBTP" Arc. So I imagine, his research on hollowfication by the time he confronted Aizen was somewhat 50% complete. Plus, he already knew what Hollowfication looked like, just by observation. I always thought that was suspect, since Hollowfication was never mentioned by Kubo at least, to have been an issue of any kind in the entire historical period of Soul Society.

And since, now with the Isshin / Masaki story, Urahara is an outcast and were not sure yet, if Shinji and others have been fixed to the point where we know them now and how they use their hollow abilities as Vaizards.

It sounds like to me, Bleach overall, is about the blending of souls or whatever and Ichigo is the center of this concept and that's how all these events are connected to an extent. This final arc, just proves that a person like Ichigo isn't suppose to exist, maybe his existence is against the boundaries or laws of spirits. Who knows, but Urahara being a villian would be really, really lame. I don't think his past is important, I think more or less, it's more interesting what Urahara can do in the present.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara is known to be a shady character, you're right. He is just one mysterious man with mysterious inventions and intentions. I have a feeling Bach is not the final villain but the Soul King and it includes this guy! Or maybe an unpredictable and strange guess: Ukitake! Whatcha think?

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Well, if this forum is based on this week's chapter, then let's look at the situation overall 360.

It wasn't too long ago that Urahara was investigating the disappearance of Rukongai citizens and later, shinigami, during the "TBTP" Arc. So I imagine, his research on hollowfication by the time he confronted Aizen was somewhat 50% complete. Plus, he already knew what Hollowfication looked like, just by observation. I always thought that was suspect, since Hollowfication was never mentioned by Kubo at least, to have been an issue of any kind in the entire historical period of Soul Society.

And since, now with the Isshin / Masaki story, Urahara is an outcast and were not sure yet, if Shinji and others have been fixed to the point where we know them now and how they use their hollow abilities as Vaizards.

It sounds like to me, Bleach overall, is about the blending of souls or whatever and Ichigo is the center of this concept and that's how all these events are connected to an extent. This final arc, just proves that a person like Ichigo isn't suppose to exist, maybe his existence is against the boundaries or laws of spirits. Who knows, but Urahara being a villian would be really, really lame. I don't think his past is important, I think more or less, it's more interesting what Urahara can do in the present.
    Quite true that Ichigo seems like a being that shouldn't exist, but at the same time it starts to make sense too, a little by little.
    About Urahara being a villain, I think that depends on how it's played out, how the story is written. It can turn out really, really lame indeed, but there could also be such a big revealment, that shocks us all, and that event can only play out if Urahara is behind it.
    Just theorizing here, but it can be done without it being lame, that is, if it isn't "forced", but the story plays it's story naturally.
    So if the story is naturally heading towards that point, then it might not be lame at all.
    Kubo has a knack for hiding big things in his stories, so I wouldn't be surprised if something really big is in our wait.
    I don't enjoy thinking about Urahara as a bad guy though, I really don't, cause he's such an epic chareacter, and him being on the gray or dark side so to speak kind of ruins his character. So in that sense I really agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Founding7thCaptain View Post
    Urahara is known to be a shady character, you're right. He is just one mysterious man with mysterious inventions and intentions. I have a feeling Bach is not the final villain but the Soul King and it includes this guy! Or maybe an unpredictable and strange guess: Ukitake! Whatcha think?
    Ukitake Well why not... xD I never saw that one coming haha
    But if Ukitake is a villain, then I have a hard time picturing Shunsui and his freindship, that has lasted for many, many, many years.
    Ukitake could have changed during this time though, but wouldn't Shunsui have noticed considering how close they are?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raikwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering how cunning Shunsui is, that would be really, really surprising... Speaking of the SK, the chapter where they show his face really got my attention, he looked a lot like Aizen during his hollow/hogyoku faces

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he actaully is the SK? or some part of him or his son or somehting in that lines...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Urahara Kisuke will be a villain in the end, but not in an evil sense, I think he just chooses to side with the Soul King because trying to remove him from power would cause the world to collapse, according to what he said to Aizen. He probably thinks it's too dangerous to try and change it, and will defend the Soul King for that reason. If Kubo went this route it wouldn't ruin his character....he'd just be protecting the world from his point of view. It would actually make his character even more interesting. Him suddenly being an evil bastard would be very hard to swallow though....
    Last edited by exacta; April 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay..
    1) I think Urahara met RG and SK before he became a captain and that is exactly why he was appointed as a research squad captain...
    2) Why he met em at all..i have no idea...he must have a backstory wich we dont know yet, guys like him dont come from nowhere he must be somehow connected to RG,SS and special forces (the thing Soifong is ahead of now)
    3) His shop, exile and his...source of research materials i think they are related to RG it is seems they know ALOT about Ichigo and the only way they could get that info is from Urahara, so yes, he probably a double agent in their ranks.
    And just to present some links to think about:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-642-11/...apter-188.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-642-12/...apter-188.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-642-15/...apter-188.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-642-17/...apter-188.html
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-642-18/...apter-188.html
    In here you can clearly see how Isshin talkes about how they was unable to find Vizards base (wich mean they were looking) here you also can see how they are prepearing to fight Aizen (wich in fact never said anything about destroying human world, so Urahara must have know Aizens true goal-to kill soul king) and in the last, Urahara clearly separetad themself out of any other group. I doubt he got his own agenda, he surely must be a part of something, and RG sounds pretty logical here.
    In the end, when Ichigo will invade RG and Try to kill SK, we can actualy see a fight with Urahara vs good Guys.
    Last edited by Shader; April 27, 2013 at 04:01 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member emanresu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo said he's going to show Yorui and Urahara 's past. how they actually met. So there's a high possibility that Urahara was a citizen from Royal realm and when he was a teen. He somehow manage to go to SS. and both met.

or other way around is. its Yorui and her family visiting the King in Royal realm, and she met young Urahara in the royal realm.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast