Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Tobi shouldn't be Obito

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why Tobi shouldn't be Obito

It could have been izuna, or a portion of madara's soul (we've seen orochimaru do that. it's likely they can split their souls/chakras into different beings with some sort of chakra supplementation as filler. orochimaru used natural energy), which later used obito's body

obito's body could have been fixed up by the zetsu transformation

given that kakashi 's eye shows space/time manipulation as one of its moves, it's possible it could be used the way tobi used it too, so madara could have figured out how to better use the eye than kakashi can. He probably had a head start by unlocking mangekyou first anyway, kakashi only figured it out recently but it wouldn't be too much of a long shot to assume madara/izuna did it instantly the moment they obtained obito's corpse

They could have had more time to fool around with the eye's capabilities, and of course, to better use it from within an uchiha body

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    It could have been izuna, or a portion of madara's soul (we've seen orochimaru do that. it's likely they can split their souls/chakras into different beings with some sort of chakra supplementation as filler. orochimaru used natural energy), which later used obito's body

given that kakashi 's eye shows space/time manipulation as one of its moves, it's possible it could be used the way tobi used it too, so madara could have figured out how to better use the eye than kakashi can. He probably had a head start by unlocking mangekyou first anyway, kakashi only figured it out recently but it wouldn't be too much of a long shot to assume madara/izuna did it instantly the moment they obtained obito's corpse

They could have had more time to fool around with the eye's capabilities, and of course, to better use it from within an uchiha body
    it can't be MS technique IMO ... bif it was that eye would be blind by now ... remember he is older than Itachi and used it a lot more than Itachi used his MS and Itachi was nearly blind ... same with Sasuke ... I think it is some Uchiha technique - who knows ...
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I've been a Tobito theorist for as long as I can remember, so I guess it falls on me to provide an extended answer. I should add that I don't make much of Tobi personally attacking Kakashi/Gai. Both of them are pretty strong and it's likely that Tobi would know some of their personal history even if he doesn't know them personally. At most he confirms he is connected to Konoha somehow.

This is an argument from silence. Any number of things can make Obito change his ideals. We still don't know what happened to Rin, for example. It's possible she died soon after, he found out Kakashi failed to save her and whoever was working on him (likely the real Madara) finally destroyed what mental defenses he had left. But this is pure speculation on my part. I'd much rather deal with concrete facts than speculation.
    It isn't realistic at all, Obito was a Naruto-wannabe, I doubt that he would've changed in 1 or 2 years, also because how could he move around with his body crushed?
    Also as I said Madara was resurrected at the state of his death with Edo Tensei, meaning that he died around 30-40 years of age, judging from his physique.
    When Hashirama and Madara where that age, Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Third Hokage, was a kid

Quote Quote:
    Hate and ruthlessness are not the same thing. He covered Naruto with paper bombs because he was bait to get Yondaime. Danzou's subordinates didn't do anything to him either but he had no problem killing one and ordering Kabuto to painfully erase the other to demonstrate edo tensei. It's obvious tobi has pretty much no regard for human life anymore. Plus, he could resent Minato for not saving him or Rin.
    Again, it would be too much out of character

Quote Quote:
    It's actually more like 1 year, and to an impatient 14 year old, it's possible. It's even more possible that he wanted Minato to deduce that he's Madara and threw him a few hints to guide him towards that conclusion.
    he was talking with Kushina, when extracting Kyuubi.
    Same Kyuubi which recognized his Sharingan

Quote Quote:
    Are you sure Zetsu knows his real identity? When Tobi removed his mask, Kisame recognized him as Madara. It's also possible (and in line with Kishi's trolling) that he talks like he is Madara purely out of habit, even when it's not necessary. We know he isn't, and we know it was the real Madara who actually fought Hashirama, so him saying that is weird no matter which way you look at it.
    Yes, since Tobi had no problems when Zetsu saw him without a mask.
    Remember when he replaced his arm that Danzou's Root fodders destroyed?
    He was without the mask, and Zetsu called him to save Sasuke

Quote Quote:
    To trick Sasuke (who looks like he noticed the gesture)? It's also possible that the body language was involuntary and a tick that shows he's lying rather than emotionally invested in the story.
    Why then only when talking about Izuna?
    What does Izuna have to do with anything?

Quote Quote:
    Madara knew Nagato as a kid, and Nagato's just a little bit older than Kakashi/Obito, so it's plausible, though I admit the timeline is a bit tight. Like you I agree that Kishi has been retconning a lot of things, and it's possible that even if he planned for Tobi to be Obito from the beginning, he just didn't think this through well enough. For the record, the timeline has bothered me too. Kakashi is 29-30 in part 2. That would make him 14 when the kyuubi attacked leaving about a year between the gaiden and the kyuubi attack. That's a lot of stuff for Obito to learn and 25cm for him to grow, so if Obito = Tobi then he must have had one hell of a good teacher with a solid rack to help him stretch.
    Nagato is around Yondaime's age, he was taken in by Jiraiya when Jiraiya was around 20 years old.
    At the time Obito wasn't even born, he simply doesn't fit the storyline

Quote Quote:
    If only there was a similar character in this manga who happened to be thoroughly incompetent as a kid and who ended up gaining immense power within 2-3 years.
    Can Obito spam thousands of Kage Bushins and a giant fox sealed in his gut to sped up his training and greatly increase his strenght?
    No he doesn't

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

well latest chapter reveals

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

@hyper_megaman: I think that if it is Obito's eye, then it's only that, and not actually Obito himself. Also, considering how Tobi and Danzo (especially Tobi) have a monopoly on Sharingans, and how Sharingans can be similar to one another (like Itachi and Sasuke's eyes are similar to Madara's) maybe Tobi just happens to be using a Sharingan that is similar to Kakashi's.
    Well he had to have known what kind of power that eye had before he implanted it.

Also is it only me, but maybe Tobi's Space-Time jutsu actually comes to some part from his own skill too? Like the Second and Fourth hokages possessed their own space-time ninjutsu without a sharingan.
    And, if something like Kamui uses a lot of chakra, I wonder how Tobi can cope with it so well. Guess he's just that badass.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post

Doesn't explain how he could get taller, or why anyone would choose a crushed body when there are more Uchiha bodies in better condition. Considering Madara's power, he could attack any team with an Uchiha in it, who's more talented than Obito, and use his body instead of Tobi's. Why use a body with an eye missing that's most likely flattened?

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Also as I said Madara was resurrected at the state of his death with Edo Tensei, meaning that he died around 30-40 years of age, judging from his physique.
    Actually, Kabuto said he resurrected Madara in his prime, if I recall/interpreted correctly. Madara most likely lived to old age, or Kabuto could have meant the Madara before his fight with Hashirama.

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    @hyper_megaman: I think that if it is Obito's eye, then it's only that, and not actually Obito himself. Also, considering how Tobi and Danzo (especially Tobi) have a monopoly on Sharingans, and how Sharingans can be similar to one another (like Itachi and Sasuke's eyes are similar to Madara's) maybe Tobi just happens to be using a Sharingan that is similar to Kakashi's.
    Well he had to have known what kind of power that eye had before he implanted it.

Also is it only me, but maybe Tobi's Space-Time jutsu actually comes to some part from his own skill too? Like the Second and Fourth hokages possessed their own space-time ninjutsu without a sharingan.
    And, if something like Kamui uses a lot of chakra, I wonder how Tobi can cope with it so well. Guess he's just that badass.
    The amount of chakra Kamui uses up depends on the size of the target. Otherwise it takes Kakashi more chakra to use it because he's not an Uchiha.

Tobi having similar Sharingan power as Kakashi can be attributed to kinship. Sasuke and Itachi have similar Sharingan power, but with different level of skills. Where Itachi can alter time to his choosing, Sasuke can't. Where Sasuke can control Amaterasu pretty well, Itachi can't. Where Obito can warp other stuff, his brother could warp himself. Plus, we've never seen two similar jutsu on the same person. Itachi and Sasuke have had one ninjutsu and one genjutsu.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Actually, Kabuto said he resurrected Madara in his prime, if I recall/interpreted correctly. Madara most likely lived to old age, or Kabuto could have meant the Madara before his fight with Hashirama.
    Mmh, did he mean physically or power-wise though?
    Kabuto likely knew Madara gave Nagato his pair of Rin'negans, so maybe him resurrecting Madara to his prime meant giving him Rin'negan.
    Still good catch, but Obito still wouldn't fit the timeline:
    in Kushina's flashback we saw Mito, an Uzumaki ( gifted with longevity and all ) being ultra old, while Kushina was a child.
    Even if Madara lived a long time, I doubt he out-lived Mito, a bona-fide Uzumaki with Kyuubi's strong life chakra

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito is a time traveler that solves all problems

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

cuz one of the best lines of the manga came from obito about the nakama abandoning nakama is worse than trash ...

and that line would lose its epicness if obito is tobi..

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Revvo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As it was said last chapter has shown there is some connection between tobi and obito. I guess he is using obitos dead body which was revived by zetzu (explaining all the Zetzu-slime showing up when he gets hurt). Last Chapter Tobi was injured by 2 attacks, which were sent away with kamui after he demateralized. I think this means Tobi's physical body travells to the same Dimension Kamui sends absorbed objects when he becomes untouchable, which hints that his jutsu is a different version of the same jutsu (kamui).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be interesting if Tobi was a being created by Madara as his own experiment and not a real person. Like, if Madara realized the whole Senju + Uchiha potential, he decided to create a hybrid. Hence the "I am nobody". Although I'm still thinking he's most likely Kagami Uchiha.

Or if Tobi was Madara's son. Imagine Madara arriving at the scene vs Naruto Kakashi and Gai saying "Tobi..." with Tobi replying "Yes........father" as this Naruto track plays.

Either way it does seem Madara's revenge/hatred is the root of Naruto's plot. I'm pretty much convinced Tobi was an apprentice/underling or relative/family to Madara.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TobiOrNotTobi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There's absolutely no point turning Tobi into someone new (including the usual suspect Kagami). Also just a clone of some sort is too simple and not really a "shocker".
    That'd destroy the whole point of Kishimoto hiding his identity for that long. 

It will be the biggest twist any manga has ever experienced once his mask gets blown off. And it will be a good one.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we've had what Tobi said to Kakashi (if he wasn't refering to a specific situation, then that's just a waste of space), and connection between Kamui and Tobi's 2in1 S/T jutsu. So if we get something that doesn't correspond to those hints, we were trolled.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh Tobi being obito woud totally not make any sense.
    During the kyuubi attack Tobi was probaply THE real madera since Edo madara knew about nagato.
    So even if tobi became someone else during the line (or was from the beginning)
    I doubt it was a kid with no talent who got burried under some rocks with one sharingan he awakened that day...
    If there would be any connection between madara and obito then there is the slight chance of him finding obito's other eye
    Wich is the one he uses now with the rinnengan.

Personally I think tobi is a zetsu clone from madara with some kind of weird sharingan hax performed on him.
    Or he might be something like oro is now.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Well, we've had what Tobi said to Kakashi (if he wasn't refering to a specific situation, then that's just a waste of space), and connection between Kamui and Tobi's 2in1 S/T jutsu. So if we get something that doesn't correspond to those hints, we were trolled.
    Don't forget what Tobi said to Gai and Danzou. I doubt Itachi would confuse Obito with Madara.

Why would anyone choose Obito anyway? A talentless loser whose body was greatly damaged? Why go to lengths to revive him when he has no ounce of talent or ability? Why choose a loser Uchiha out of many superior ones?

New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast