Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Justice league live action film

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Justice league live action film

As many people here probably know a live action justice league film has been a project for years and it seems it is going to be out by the year 2015. Any thoughts on these? From what I gather it seems it is going to be a project similar to the current avengers one. Of course, none of the tie in movies would be out yet and most of them would still be projects. Not sure if this is true but apparently they mean for the upcoming superman movie to be one of the tie ins for the JL movie. Of course they would still need need a few other superhero movies and if wikipedia is to be trusted then we have a reboot of batman coming up and Wonderwoman as a potential main character for the JL film.

I wonder how they would pull a batman reboot. Of course the nolan batman won't be there as he probably wouldn't even make sense in a world with actual superpowered people so basically we need a batman that would appeal to the people who already loved nolan's batman (because he would be inevitably be compared to that batman) and would make sense in a world with superpowered people. I think it would be interesting to see something in between the nolan batman and the comic books batman. Of course such a thing would be difficult considering something like that would be similar to iron man in some forms (except that rather than drinking his daddy issues batman is a disturbed vigilante whose main characteristic is that the precise amount of fucks he gives at any given time averages 0), mainly the genius polymath with cool gadgets. Of course then you have to make this guy make sense with batman who is a polar opposite. A long going comic book has the benefit of reboots and whatnot to deal with any potential differences but in a movie you have to make the boy scout make sense and perhaps actually be best friends with a disturbed billionaire playboy who does not play by the rules (and kills... a lot... except that every time he does the comic books get retconned so that he didn't just killed a bunch of criminals in cold blood). Wonder woman would perhaps make more sense with superman as she is not a polar opposite to him.

Also not sure if they mean for Ryan Reynold's green lantern to be there (they would need a very good sequel for people to even want him there though). Perhaps they should just go animated dc on everyone and have John stuart be there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Justice league live action film

I don't think that a Justice League movie is a good idea. The Christopher Nolan Batman era is over. He even said that Superman and his version of Batman shouldn't coexist in the same world. That means having to reboot the Batman series first AND the public has to accept the new Batman. They have to accept the new Superman coming out next year. There has to be movies made about the other characters such as Wonder Woman and the Flash. WB's strategy of just twiddling their thumbs hoping everything will just fall into place on its own is laughable.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if anything...the villans are to look forward to...

bizarro.solomon grundy,gorilla grodd,etc....
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it, but it's going to be tough for the Justice League movie to compete with the Avengers 2. There are quite a few important characters in the Justice League, and the majority of the general movie audience hasn't been introduced to them yet. One of the reasons why the Avengers worked so well is because most of the characters had their own movies, and we grew comfortable with them in their respective roles. There's a new Superman movie coming out, but we don't know how good it's going to be or if Henry Cavill makes a exceptional Superman. Nolan's realistic Batman would have no place in a Justice League movie, so they're going to have to reboot that entire franchise. The Green Lantern was flat out terrible. Will Wonder Woman get a movie? or what about Flash? There are a lot of things that need to worked out if this movie is going to compete with the best of them.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply