Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the chapter!

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

27 38.03%
  • Good!

23 32.39%
  • Regular

15 21.13%
  • Boring...

2 2.82%
  • Bad!

4 5.63%
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 293 Discussion/ 294 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 293 Discussion/ 294 Predictions

imo Lucy's mother Layla dissappeared/died to/for open/ing or close/ing the eclipse gate, or according to the Igneel, the dragons will counter this festival, so that, maybe Layla sacrificed herself to eliminate/protect dragon(s)/humans while she was doing that, she maybe cast a spell "someone mentioned above" to protect human kinds espicially her daughter, and we will see what was the relationship between Layla, dragons and 7 number

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The dual DS magic that Shadoguardian theorized about is very interesting, but instead of it being Metal + earth, why not Metal + Poison?
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

After seeing the draw in score between Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale, I'm definitely sticking to my old prediction. This match will be a draw. And Fairy Tail will win tomorrow in the 5th day, making victory 1 point over Sabertooth.

Will there be 7 1st generation DS?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjoker View Post
    imo Lucy's mother Layla dissappeared/died to/for open/ing or close/ing the eclipse gate, or according to the Igneel, the dragons will counter this festival, so that, maybe Layla sacrificed herself to eliminate/protect dragon(s)/humans while she was doing that, she maybe cast a spell "someone mentioned above" to protect human kinds espicially her daughter, and we will see what was the relationship between Layla, dragons and 7 number
    It's Mashima that we are talking about, so what has happened to Layla could be anything. I mean we still have too little information to theorize what has actually happened to Layla.

One thing that we can discount, is the fact that Layla has had anything to do with Eclipse plan, since the construction of that gate has only began 7 years ago:

http://i4.mangareader.net/fairy-tail...il-3222239.jpg

and Layla was already "dead" at that time.

I mean the fact that we have so little information about Layla could even lead into a situation, where Layla has been the previous "dragon king" and Lucy is going to inherit that title, which would also explain why the dragons have kept themselves hidden for about 7 years, since their "king" hasn't returned yet and Layla ordered them, before she "died" to wait for about 14 years, until Lucy gets older, and a little wiser before she is going to inherit the "Dragon King" title.

Of course, I don't think that such an theory has much validity, since what kind of reason the "dragon king" would have in mating with a "normal human", but, in all honesty, I could see Mashima doing something like that, or some other revelation of a similar magnitude - after all, he is pretty famous for making surprising revelations in his past work's, so there is nothing suggesting that he won't do something similar, when it comes to Lucy and her past, which apart from the things related to her "daddy problems", we don't know much about.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoguardian View Post
    I only said that he'll recieve a fatal wound, I never said that he will die. I believe that he will survive to live out his guilt.
    the definition of fatal is that it causes death.

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    The dual DS magic that Shadoguardian theorized about is very interesting, but instead of it being Metal + earth, why not Metal + Poison?
    I chose earth beacause it is an element closely related to metal, since metal is excavated from the earth, just as lightning is similar to fire as they are both types of energy, only in different forms.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    the definition of fatal is that it causes death.
    Yes, but in a world of magic, a fatal wound may be not as serious as one might think, especially with Sky Dragon and God Slayers around.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im a bit dissapointed in baccus from quatro puppy, there is no reason he should not have put up more of a fight against ichiya, but i think that fight was for more comedy relief than anything else

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I will write about what I believe will happened in the next chapter, and even about Sting, Rogue and their dragons.
    I will even write about Igneel words and about the "Dragon king Festival".

I believe that this tag team match between Dragon Slayers will last only for the next chapter.
    In fact after the next chapter we will have a break, so I believe that this fight will not be interrupted, in the next chapter will end this fight and the fourth day of the tournament.
    I believe that the match will end in a draw.
    To tell the truth at the beginning of this arc I thought that Gazille would have faced Rogue in the battle of the second day, there he would lose, then he would faced him in the fifth day after thanks to Urtear powerup.

Right now just as I said I believe that the match will end in a draw.
    I believe this because Sabertooth can’t lose, otherwise Sting will be expelled by the tournament (and I don’t think that Rogue will be the only one who will not be able to withstand after 30 minutes).
    I don’t even believe that Fairy Tail will lose, for this reason:
    1) If they will lose the gap between Fairy Tail and Sabertooth will be too big, even if perhaps in the last day we will have more points.
    2) Natsu can’t lose, Gazille even if he could became more powerfull thanks to Urtear, I don’t think that he will lose either, because seem that in the 3 months of training he was able to became a true dragonslayer (Now even Gazille has motion sickness).
    3) The real power of Fairy Tail in the power of their bond, their friendship, is the group that made the difference not just the individual, just as Azuma think immediately before his defeat http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237/16.
    For that reason Gazille and Natsu can’t lose in this tag team, counting that Sting and Rogue fight individually, not as a team.
    4) This tag team match is just only a starter of what we will have the fifth day.
    5) With a draw Blue Pegasus will be able to close the gap that it has against the other team.

Just as nosebleed said in his post to page 8 of the comments of this thread the dragons are named after the elements that they represent.
    So Vicelogia/Weisslogia counting that Weiss means White in german I believe that it came by something that is white, for this reason I believe that it’s snow or ice (if it so then perhaps Sting could create snowstorms.

Rogue’s dragon name is “Skyadrum”.
    He could use the sound, if his name came by “drum”.
    But in the truth I don’t think so, because every dragons can use the sound, when they shout.
    We can see this when Natsu defeat Cobra, when he make dragon’s roar in chapter 150, or even with Acnologia (at the beginning of chapter 252).
    Rogue is even know as shadow dragon, he could have that nickname for his appearance, but there is even the chance that he has that nickname thanks to his power, even I don’t think that he ate shadow.
    If the name for his dragon don’t came by “drum”, then perhaps it came by “sky”.
    Counting that Wendy is called Sky-dragon I don’t think that he can ate the air just like Wendy, put perhaps he can ate the clouds.

But counting that they have even a Lacryima installed there is the possibilities that they can use two elements, just like Natsu.
    To tell the truth I hope that it’s not the case, that they have the lacryma because in someway they failed to became real dragonslayer, they were too weak, and for this reason they had to put the lacryma, just like Luxus.

Igneel speak of the two dragons that raised Sting and Rogue, after what I read I have the feeling that they could be really dead, Igneel could speak to them just like Lucy was writing letter to her mother.
    But more likely he speak like that because they were not with him but in a different place.
    I believe this because Igneel asks if “Human can exceed dragons…”, and if Sting and Rogue would have really killed their partents he would not ask that, because he would already knew that the answer is that they can.
    I believe this particularly for Rogue, he is kind, counting that he was worried about Yukino, even if she was a member of Sabertooth only for one year, he would never kill the one who raised him.

For that reason I don’t even believe than the dragons are left to kill, because in fact they (at least for Rogue) would not even wanted to kill them in first place.
    The only way that this could happened is if were the dragons who asked to Rogue and Sting to be killed.
    They could have done it if after that Sting and Rogue would acquire a new power (perhaps thanks to dragon’s blood).
    If this is the case then could happened that after the time Rogue and Sting would have changed their memories, and then they would began to believe that they killed them.
    If this would be the case after the tournament, thanks to Natsu and Gazille Sting and Rogue would be able to regain their true memories.

From this chapter (in the truth I already believe that from the chapter which he and Grandine appeared for the first time, immediately after Gerard defeat) that the dragons were not in a different place, because they know what happened to the world, to what happened to Natsu and the others.
    For this reason I don’t believe that Lucy’s mother sealed them in a different place and died in that process.
    I believe this even because Layla when she died was not anymore a stellar spirit, she had not any stellar spirit (beside she had only 3 gold keys), infact this is what Caprico said to Loki http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/224/15 http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/224/16.
    A thing that I don’t know is how the dragons knew that there will be a “dragon king festival”, when 7 year ago (but perhaps they knew that even before of it, perhaps that was the reason why they left their “kid”) there were not any sign that this would happened, even because Zereff was not awaken yet.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    im a bit dissapointed in baccus from quatro puppy, there is no reason he should not have put up more of a fight against ichiya, but i think that fight was for more comedy relief than anything else
    Well, erza did say that ichiya is without doubt the strongest man in blue pegasus. Baccus is the strongest in QP however that is not in itself an indication that the strongest man in the second strongest guild should not be able to do that to him. We do kinda have to consider ichiya is a much older mage who jura seemed to hold in some regard during the O6 arc (at least my impression was that jura treated him like an equal mage although that might have been just my impression). Ultimately, if ichiya was able to do this to baccus then we do kinda have to consider the possibility of ichiya being on the level with the likes of gildarts or jura.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    Right now just as I said I believe that the match will end in a draw.
    I believe this because Sabertooth can’t lose, otherwise Sting will be expelled by the tournament (and I don’t think that Rogue will be the only one who will not be able to withstand after 30 minutes).
    I don’t even believe that Fairy Tail will lose, for this reason:
    1) If they will lose the gap between Fairy Tail and Sabertooth will be too big, even if perhaps in the last day we will have more points.
    2) Natsu can’t lose, Gazille even if he could became more powerfull thanks to Urtear, I don’t think that he will lose either, because seem that in the 3 months of training he was able to became a true dragonslayer (Now even Gazille has motion sickness).
    3) The real power of Fairy Tail in the power of their bond, their friendship, is the group that made the difference not just the individual, just as Azuma think immediately before his defeat http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/237/16.
    For that reason Gazille and Natsu can’t lose in this tag team, counting that Sting and Rogue fight individually, not as a team.
    4) This tag team match is just only a starter of what we will have the fifth day.
    5) With a draw Blue Pegasus will be able to close the gap that it has against the other team.
    You forgot to mention that if Fairy Tail loses here then they're out of the running for first place. So far they've done nothing to indicate that a guild is allowed more than one backup member, so it's possible that Sting may be allowed to remain in the guild until the tournament ends, but I'd completely forgotten about his warning.

Just as nosebleed said in his post to page 8 of the comments of this thread the dragons are named after the elements that they represent.
    So Vicelogia/Weisslogia counting that Weiss means White in german I believe that it came by something that is white, for this reason I believe that it’s snow or ice (if it so then perhaps Sting could create snowstorms.
    I really hope that's not the case. There's already an ice mage on the main cast. Sting would either force Gray out as a stronger ice mage or, more likely, fade into the background because he has a power someone else already has.

For that reason I don’t even believe than the dragons are left to kill, because in fact they (at least for Rogue) would not even wanted to kill them in first place.
    The only way that this could happened is if were the dragons who asked to Rogue and Sting to be killed.
    They could have done it if after that Sting and Rogue would acquire a new power (perhaps thanks to dragon’s blood).
    If this is the case then could happened that after the time Rogue and Sting would have changed their memories, and then they would began to believe that they killed them.
    If this would be the case after the tournament, thanks to Natsu and Gazille Sting and Rogue would be able to regain their true memories.
    There's also the possibility that the dragons were asking for it in a different way. Not all human parents act all that human so there's no reason all dragon parents should be great either. Dark backstories are pretty common for Fairy Tail. If the two had abusive parents then they may have attacked the dragons in self defense. Or it could have been a mercy kill, but they use it to bolster their reputation.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't find someone else mentioning it, Nichiya on the chapter 251 cover. I wonder how he was able to get to the normal world without magic. Seems like I forgot that not only a couple of them were pullled into the dimensional rip.

Last edited by Schabrak; July 31, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Didn't find someone else mentioning it, Nichiya on the chapter 251 cover. I wonder how he was able to get to the normal world without magic.

He does have aera magic, we have seen that cat with wings ^^"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Didn't find someone else mentioning it, Nichiya on the chapter 251 cover. I wonder how he was able to get to the normal world without magic.

All the Exceed were sucked into Earthland, including those that had been turned into lacrima (they were reverted first).

http://www.mangareader.net/135-56905...apter-197.html

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am hoping the battle between the dragon slayers doesnt end in one chapter i would rather see an epic battle that surpases the rest of the tournaments battles , than some lop-sided FT victory that ends in three panels

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Tommorrow we're getting long chapter right? he might just use the next wo issues (which i think are both long) to make an awesome fight and maybe we get to see the villians not including arcadios or the mysterious figure jellal was following.

New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast