Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will-O'-Wisp/Foxfire Kinemon, Samurai of the Wa Country

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will-O'-Wisp/Foxfire Kinemon, Samurai of the Wa Country

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Out of curiosity, what makes you think Mononosuke is dead and Kinemon is battling post-traumatic stress disorder? That is a pretty radical prediction about a character we know so little about. Oda clearly wants us to think he was among the children kidnapped by CC. While certainly suspicious that Mononosuke was not among the kidnapped children, the thought that he is already dead seems a little random, not something that really forwards the plot, or explains his absence in a satisfying way. Nor does it seem a plot twist typical of One Piece. I was actually thinking Mononosuke was actually closer to Luffy's age (late teens), rather than a child.
    I think that because we have not seen not one panel of him. i very much doubt he is frozen in the ice, and i just find it hard that mononsauke ,who is important to this arc, has not been seen not even once. Of course Oda wants us to think he was one of the kids kidnapped, but anser me this. Brook said that wano country samurai are very strong and is closed off to the world government, so how did CC kidnap him?

You say it would not forward the plot, but since i think he is the next strawhat, i think it will play inyo his backstory. YOu say this plot twist is not typical for one piece, you mean like a women keeping a baby in here 20 months, or luffy having a brother and a grandpa he never mentioned.

I dont think kinemon is that old to have a son in his 20s....i mean kinemon apppeared in the 1st part of this arc and i cant see him just running around with the strawhats and not have a twist......

remember u heard it here first.................mononosuke is dead.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    Ace says that he was at the Wano country before, that could mean that that's WAS Whitebeard and since blackbeard knows and reclaiming whitebeard Territory, so It could lead to a fight in the Wano kingdom with the straw hats vs the blackbeards pirates..?
    More like Ace doesn't give a fuck and journeyed there for some fun or in that case help with a hat for Oars Jr.

I have to note that Caesar knew his nick name Foxfire Kinemon, so he at least had some kind of acquaintance with some forces outside Wano.
    Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Brook said that wano country samurai are very strong and is closed off to the world government, so how did CC kidnap him?
    They obviously weren't at Wano Kuni at that time. They could have been hunting or so, have some traditional talk and strengthen themself or boast back in their home village. The first time we heard him was when he cut down some of brownbeard men back on firy side or was it the cold one?^^
    remember u heard it here first.................mononosuke is dead.
    Certainly not. :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 23, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if you look back.......i have been saying that mononosuke was dead right after we meet the kids and he is not there. I cant see kinemon letting CC taking his child, without taking his head first.

you can say what u want, but i think he is dead............its so obvious why oda he hiding his identity

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Or he keeps him secret so that Caesar can act dirty and uses im as leverage or as a human weapon, who knows.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Kinemon looked pretty old. I would not be surprised if he were Jinbe's age.

I think that because we have not seen not one panel of him. i very much doubt he is frozen in the ice, and i just find it hard that mononsauke ,who is important to this arc, has not been seen not even once. Of course Oda wants us to think he was one of the kids kidnapped, but anser me this. Brook said that wano country samurai are very strong and is closed off to the world government, so how did CC kidnap him?
    Why do you assume he was kidnapped?
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 23, 2012 at 08:31 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Why do you assume he was kidnapped?
    How else would you take away from someone like Kinemon? His origin tells us that they aren't an ally to the Marines, therefore he should not have send his son there to be taken care of. It's kidnapping when you steal somebody's child.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel that Kinemon just not telling us EVERYTHING about his son, his could of ran away from Wano or leave cause he wanted to become a pirate/Marine (which his Country doesn't want any part in it) So after his son left, everybody in the kingdom wanted to banish him, But kinemon couldn't let his son leave and is now chasing after him, he's probably not even on PH he's probe with Doflamingo, Doflamingo probe recognize his power and took him in.

Saying that Mononosuke is dead is really foolish, Oda never made it so a person would be died without being showcase, so if he's truly dead, then Oda will make it so we'd see him alive first and how he died after in around a chapter or two. If you CAN'T find any proof that Mononosuke passed away, then stop making guesses when there's no hints.

Like I was saying wasn't pirates/marine alike not allowed to step on Wano country land? How was Ace able to go in the country even learning how to sow straw from the people there? He burned the straw while making Oars a hat and I know the Wano people noticed that and his abilities, IF it doesn't have nothing to do with Whitebeard then maybe it has something to do with Ace fire abilities just like the Wano kingdom have fire powers and abilities. (he could of leveled up there)
    Last edited by jamarTheDem; July 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel that Kinemon just not telling us EVERYTHING about his son, his could of ran away from Wano or leave cause he wanted to become a pirate/Marine (which his Country doesn't want any part in it) So after his son left, everybody in the kingdom wanted to banish him, But kinemon couldn't let his son leave and is now chasing after him, he's probably not even on PH he's probe with Doflamingo, Doflamingo probe recognize his power and took him in.

Saying that Mononosuke is dead is really foolish, Oda never made it so a person would be died without being showcase, so if he's truly dead, then Oda will make it so we'd see him alive first and how he died after in around a chapter or two. If you CAN'T find any proof that Mononosuke passed away, then stop making guesses when there's no hints.

Like I was saying wasn't pirates/marine alike not allowed to step on Wano country land? How was Ace able to go in the country even learning how to sow straw from the people there? He burned the straw while making Oars a hat and I know the Wano people noticed that and his abilities, IF it doesn't have nothing to do with Whitebeard then maybe it has something to do with Ace fire abilities just like the Wano kingdom have fire powers and abilities. (he could of leveled up there)
    bitch this is my opinion.....if you dont like it dont comment. you talking about the dont make baseless comments, you made one in your first paragraph. What I did was create a hypothesis, which for your simple ass is an educated guess, i took the small facts that has been given, look at kinemons name which is wioo o wisp, took the info i know about how the will o wisp is a ghostly figure, and thought how could oda put that into the story, and why havent we seen kinemons son, and came up with what i thought was going to happen

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If you CAN'T find any proof that Mononosuke passed away, then stop making guesses when there's no hints.

Let's look at your theory, just as baseless, that's commiting an ugly blunder yourself.

Ace was one of the most famous pirates of the world at that time, him gaining some favours from some farmer/worker shouldn't be out of possibility. The information we got on Wano Kuni is fifty years old, much can happen in that time. Ace could have snuck of flown into the country too, with his powers the boundry is imagination. He was able to personify a marine for quiet some time on his search for BB, so cares how he got there, when we got the information that he did.

P.S.: WTF, msg expired after a couple of minutes, what's going on with the forum? oO
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

bitch this is my opinion.....if you dont like it dont comment. you talking about the dont make baseless comments, you made one in your first paragraph. What I did was create a hypothesis, which for your simple ass is an educated guess, i took the small facts that has been given, look at kinemons name which is wioo o wisp, took the info i know about how the will o wisp is a ghostly figure, and thought how could oda put that into the story, and why havent we seen kinemons son, and came up with what i thought was going to happen
    What I was saying had nothing to do with you, I didn't put reply with your quote, I was saying how I felt, so calling people bitches when they didn't put your name in it, that shows your character. I was talking about Kinemon not telling the Straw Hats everything, I just thought up reasons, I didn't say I believed In ANY of what I said, If I wanted to stick with only one option I would of put only one theory, am I right? So their no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Let's look at your theory, just as baseless, that's commiting an ugly blunder yourself.

Ace was one of the most famous pirates of the world at that time, him gaining some favours from some farmer/worker shouldn't be out of possibility. The information we got on Wano Kuni is fifty years old, much can happen in that time. Ace could have snuck of flown into the country too, with his powers the boundry is imagination. He was able to personify a marine for quiet some time on his search for BB, so cares how he got there, when we got the information that he did.

P.S.: WTF, msg expired after a couple of minutes, what's going on with the forum? oO
    I didn't say anything about his post, If its baseless it doesn't make no different cause when the next chapter comes out we might discover something new right? You and him just made Y'all own option that I was focused on chess4 comment, when truthfully I was saying how I felt about him dying, Oda is not SO simple and that has nothing to do with NOBODY. I said "You" (sure nobody username is You), so ya'll both start snapping at me is wrong and you judging me is really showing a ugly blunder on yourself.

Ace was one of the most famous pirates in the OP world, true, but even Whitebeard knew that if it wasn't his territory he wasn't allowed to go, even Whitebeard said before Ace joined: "If you wanna go wild in the sea go wild under MY name" so unless whitebeard had some connections in Wano, could Ace really be able to sneak in such a place that Pirates and Marine in the NW is scared of? But like I been saying maybe they respected ace fire powers or need his help we don't know much yet, but Wano Kuni is fifty years old but they said the samurai are still traditional, so if things change its not much.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I like that idea. Kinda like what just went on in fishman island. Big mom knows luffy is out to get her and her turf but in all likelihood she is unaware that jinbe and neptune are rather eager for the day it finally happens. Assuming something similar happens in each location he goes to he could end up building a rather powerful force under the nose of the world without anyone noticing. Luffy could potentially create his turf overnight like this assuming he manages to keep his friendships in secret.
    Well so far Luffy has one extremely powerful Ally in Hancock (and the amazons ofcourse) wether he ends up utilizing them is yet to be hinted.

I doubt that Luffy will make allies every island he goes to, otherwise this will quickly turn into one of those Generic shounen stories. Though it would be a good idea and make for a good story for him to go to Wano. I personally do not want to see what the SH are fully capable off just yet. I know its in Luffys nature to be relaxed in almost any situation (when his friends are not in direct danger) but i feel like he does not see any of the guys present as a serious threat.

Anyway, Im starting to warm up to kinemon the more i read about him on the forums, people seem to have a high opinion of him :P
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Anyway, Im starting to warm up to kinemon the more i read about him on the forums, people seem to have a high opinion of him :P
    Hahaha he brings the same feelin I had for Franky in water 7 back

If he is a new character, I have no complaints he fits in well

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Will-O'-Wisp/Foxfire Kinemon, Samurai of the Wa Country

What I was saying had nothing to do with you, I didn't put reply with your quote, I was saying how I felt, so calling people bitches when they didn't put your name in it, that shows your character. I was talking about Kinemon not telling the Straw Hats everything, I just thought up reasons, I didn't say I believed In ANY of what I said, If I wanted to stick with only one option I would of put only one theory, am I right? So their no problem.

I didn't say anything about his post, If its baseless it doesn't make no different cause when the next chapter comes out we might discover something new right? You and him just made Y'all own option that I was focused on chess4 comment, when truthfully I was saying how I felt about him dying, Oda is not SO simple and that has nothing to do with NOBODY. I said "You" (sure nobody username is You), so ya'll both start snapping at me is wrong and you judging me is really showing a ugly blunder on yourself.

Ace was one of the most famous pirates in the OP world, true, but even Whitebeard knew that if it wasn't his territory he wasn't allowed to go, even Whitebeard said before Ace joined: "If you wanna go wild in the sea go wild under MY name" so unless whitebeard had some connections in Wano, could Ace really be able to sneak in such a place that Pirates and Marine in the NW is scared of? But like I been saying maybe they respected ace fire powers or need his help we don't know much yet, but Wano Kuni is fifty years old but they said the samurai are still traditional, so if things change its not much.
    just quit it....................you know u made a baseless statement right after attacking my post....u even said so the reason in your post yesterday...., so dont back off of it now....and trying yo use reverse psychology doesnt work either, talking about we need to looka t ourselves....lol u too funny

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Ace was one of the most famous pirates of the world at that time, him gaining some favours from some farmer/worker shouldn't be out of possibility.
    If I had to guess, Ace bilked, then was was thrown into a river, and a farmer pulled him out... oh wait.

But with Kinemon being able to cut fire, could he have some link to Ace, too? As he may have helped him to training his Mera Mera abilities. Or maybe Mononosuke became Ace's friend there and now seeks for revenge (on Blackbeard?)?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I doubt that Luffy will make allies every island he goes to, otherwise this will quickly turn into one of those Generic shounen stories.
    So far, Luffy has made allies or at least friends on every island he went to ... the only exeptions are Marineford and Enies Lobby. (And I guess the Strawhats will convert the Yeti Cool Brothers who'll take care of the children.) Him going to Wa Country without making it an ally or becoming friends with it would actually be quite an offense towards Oda's Home Country Japan which is called "Wa no Kuni"/"Wa Country", too. Oda wouldn't dare that.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

While he did not make friends with anyone on Marineford or Enes Lobby, he did befriend notable people during the journey to those islands. He befriended Iceberg, Franky, and everyone at Galley-La before Enes Lobby. Prior to Marineford Luffy befriended Rayleigh, Boa Hancock, Jinbe, and Ivankov. Separating Enes Lobby from Water 7 would be near impossible. Separating Marineford from Sabaody, Amazon Lily, and Impel Down would be equally difficult. Luffy was even able to make friends on Thriller Bark; Lola, the Rolling Pirates, and Thriller Bark Victim's Association. The Strawhats have already befriended a Samurai, whom we can assume will warmly welcome them when they arrive in Wano Country. We can logically assume that even if Kinemon's countrymen initially greet the Strawhats with trepidation, by the end of the arc they will be won over, accepting the Strawhats as friends.
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 24, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast