Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Should There be a Noblesse Anime and Will It Happen?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Should There be a Noblesse Anime and Will It Happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeDe1Eu7Hr0
    I know that this is just rumored advertising but it sound so cool right?
    I hate when people say that only because its korean it will never see the anime light, but my hopes never end xD
    if they would make a manhwa anime which one u guys think they would do first?
    Last edited by TheBoss; July 23, 2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: forgot to put the link --''

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member toodlydo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Anime (yeah why not)

I will bite.

Frankly, I think they should only do an anime only if the animation quality will do justice to the webtoon. Since fans can vote for the webtoon, they should vote for the studio that would make the anime as well. Even better would be to release the anime as webisodes and let the fans vote on them. If the episode quality drops, it will reflect on the rating and the publishers will take action. We will have a crowd-sourced QC for the anime which would equal to a great quality anime.

In other thoughts, Noblesse would be ideal for anime since it does not have a lot of exaggerated action scenes. That combined with the great storyline, subtle humor, would make it a treat to watch.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Depravity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless the quality is of excellence I will not end up watching the anime of Noblesse. The issue of color is already taken care of since Noblesse is a webtoon, and because the art is already exemplary, frankly, the only need for an anime would be for cinematic purposes. If the anime however cannot live up to the standards set by the manwha then what is the purpose of viewing it? From the looks of the preview, it hasn't - if they do create a Noblesse anime, hopefully it does not succumb to the lackluster animation that is plaguing some major titles of today.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

sure,but if the anime quality is not on par with the manhwa it still should bring more popularity to the manhwa and then more support to the author.
    either way just the idea of a korean manhwa getting a anime should be celebrated as it opens the way to the possibility of the other manhwa getting one too.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mup's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    sure,but if the anime quality is not on par with the manhwa it still should bring more popularity to the manhwa and then more support to the author.
    either way just the idea of a korean manhwa getting a anime should be celebrated as it opens the way to the possibility of the other manhwa getting one too.
    i would always like to see it become an anime though i see a problem

1) America dubbing and butchering the anime and seeing it in adult swim

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

well thats true, see one piece 4kids dub , but that not always like that.
    some animes like Hellsing i usually prefer watching it dubbed

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been several anime that has a a good dub. A few I've seen were on adult swim or by viz.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The idea of turning manhwa into anime is not very good in my ears. I don't know why. Adaptations tend to not as good as the original works, and I think manhwa's artwork is not the style to be turned into animated scenes. Although I am curious to see how manhwa will be adapted in animation and turned into series, not just for advertisements (since it feels like they're putting a sequence of pictures only), especially Noblesse. XD

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Really, I would love to see the thing animated. Just for the slow-mo's of Rai's earrings fluttering in the wind and the shining eyes

That animated ad was pretty good even though it obv wasn't anime quality, but the thought that they did an animated ad gives me a little hope. A little, since I don't really believe it could happen, but who knows. It kind of is the most popular manhwa, isn't it? Or well, in the top 3, I'd guess.

Great voice cast would be a must though.

----

Anyone knows if there's a place where I can download the ad in HQ or close?

Gifs gifs gifs I want moving Rai gifs

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Okay 480p is enough

ex oriente lux

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Really, I would love to see the thing animated. Just for the slow-mo's of Rai's earrings fluttering in the wind and the shining eyes
    I was on the fence about an anime but you got me with this! I want!

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nyahneko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, my friend who got me into reading the manga said that it's been decided I don't know if it is true but I hope it is because I am hooked on the manga and I will probably be hooked on the anime too.
    Cupcakes are delicious

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nyahneko View Post
    Actually, my friend who got me into reading the manga said that it's been decided I don't know if it is true but I hope it is because I am hooked on the manga and I will probably be hooked on the anime too.
    I haven't really looked into recent Noblesse talk / rumor's. However in the past with the promo of the books (?) There were some small trailer releases, to which many fans thought of an impending anime release. However those were just rumors.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be all in favor on an animated Noblesse series or movie. Anything that introduces it to new fans is great in my book.

Phio definitely has a point about how the animated adaptations rarely live up to the source material but there are certain things about Noblesse in particular that I think are well suited to it. For one thing they would have to normalize the artwork and that's something I'd really like to see. Like if you go back and read the first ten chapters the art is just terrible. An animated series would be a good way to get new fans around that little "quirk".

The other thing is the pace of the series and the fights both are very well suited to animation. Paced at about 4-5 chapters per episode it could be incredibly entertaining. The risk would be if they took the anime approach and slowed it down to 1-2 chapters per episode; as that would murder the story tempo.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply