Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 483 Discussion / 484 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK 483 Discussion / 484 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 483 Discussion / 484 Predictions

So, an entire chapter dedicated to what everyone of us already knew. Miu is completely out of Rimi's league. That was useful. At least it didn't drag on for more than one chapter.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at least this means that Rimi will get to fight someone weaker like Kisara or Freya. Most likely Kisara.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Conversation interrupted by stupid pointless fight, and we must hear about Miu's ever growing strength once again. Another week...Another disappointing chapter..this manga has lost so much flare since the Okinawa arc it's completely horrendous...I remember when I would anxiously wait for day's to read the next HSDK chapter but no not anymore
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; July 21, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so it turns out miu has recently grown strong enough that she was effectively faster than rimi. Eat that kensei lol. Regardless of what people might think, I actually found this to be interesting. Mere chapters back the elder mentioned something about miu's strength about to increase significantly and that she was going to have to deal with it someday anyways. I find it a tad surprising that miu's overall growth is actually greater than some freak training developed by kensei. Miu might reach high level expert class within the short term basically.

Another interesting development is this part in particular.
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...-kenichi/483/6
    We already knew rimi would be fodder to miu (as would have been ryuto, boris, koukin, stanley, rachel, chikage and just about any other disciple class fighter except for kano) however that part showed that miu was not quite yet rid of whatever junazad did to her. She lost control for a second and later on she almost attacked rimi to hard. It was a blow to the neck apparently so it could have been dangerous.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's probably a good chance she could have just broken Rimi's neck and ended if the remnants of the brainwashing lasted a few seconds longer.

I'm upset that the conversation was cut just so we can show that Miu can still fodderize people in her class though.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lost0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ok, so it turns out miu has recently grown strong enough that she was effectively faster than rimi. Eat that kensei lol. Regardless of what people might think, I actually found this to be interesting. Mere chapters back the elder mentioned something about miu's strength about to increase significantly and that she was going to have to deal with it someday anyways. I find it a tad surprising that miu's overall growth is actually greater than some freak training developed by kensei. Miu might reach high level expert class within the short term basically.

Another interesting development is this part in particular.
    http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...-kenichi/483/6
    We already knew rimi would be fodder to miu (as would have been ryuto, boris, koukin, stanley, rachel, chikage and just about any other disciple class fighter except for kano) however that part showed that miu was not quite yet rid of whatever junazad did to her. She lost control for a second and later on she almost attacked rimi to hard. It was a blow to the neck apparently so it could have been dangerous.

I think your wrong about Chikage being fodder against Miu. You do have to realize we haven't seen her full strength, but what we have seen has been pretty good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We have no reason to believe Rachael or Chikage would be fodder to Miu you're assuming too much when we've yet to see their full abilities, and Kano is not as powerful as you think I've argued this before in another thread.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the issue with kano is that he at large was supposed to be around equal to miu who at any point in the manga has been objectively stronger than her peers. Chikage is exceptionally talented and will in all likelihood be stronger than miu is right now when she has her age (although there is the whole thing of the elder holding back miu's training though, who knows) however I doubt that right now she would be on the level with miu. I mean, kenichi has been able to defeat every yomi he has faced so far and miu is able to give him the fodder treatment (repeatedly and consistently for that matter, it is completely one sided). Honestly, I doubt anyone among her peers would have a chance. I do admit I had my doubts when I mentioned rachel though. Rachel is somewhat older than shinpaku or kenichi and she was able to fight evenly with renka (who could easily be stronger than kenichi considering how long she has been practicing kung fuu and the possibility of her being a genius).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I still read this manga eagerly. But this chapter was boring to me. And I still think Hongo should be dead. Miu is god all hail Miu. Seriously Kenichi has no chance. Unless he starts to click with all the martial arts together and then throw in the old mans one off moves here and there. He will always have no chance. She could protect him though.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Well, that is the gist of what kenichi is doing. He already relies on combinations of styles and techniques and taking everything into consideration it is only because he has can combine his styles and has many more techniques than any other disciple that he has survived this long. For kenichi to somewhat grasp miu's level within the short run, assuming that is even possible to begin with, he would need to get rid of his psychological weaknesses which stop him from going all out and strengthen his heart so that ryusui seikuken would actually work against miu at all(instead of him being overwhelmed by her beauty or her darkness/heart whatever).

Of course, there is another possibility. Kenichi recently showed he was somewhat able to resist his current training mode to the point where apachai's kick did not outright take him out. In this regard, a very likely scenario is that kenichi complains that miu is getting stronger way too fast which will result in his masters more than eagerly increasing his training 10fold. I kinda miss akisame (that fantastic derange lunatic) just saying random stuff about the disciple remodeling plan which result in kenichi getting more training.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner aemal23's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am so happy what miu she is so strong and she kicked Rimi ass ahahha!; in the last page it says next is Yomi turn to move, and i think it means next chapter Yomi will finally do something... i want to see Kajima Satomi that guy has not done anything for a long time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think in terms of character point of view...Miu to Rimi is like Shou to Kenichi, and that was the point to show to us. At the end of this arc i gues it will be Miu's fight, not Kenichis and i think Miu gonna lost it, or in worse case she will win with a blood on her hands.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just getting to the point where it's silly, like kkck mentions, at any given time the mangaka can objectively put Miu ahead of anyone else. It's alluded to and even stated just how strong she is, why the need to dumb down or power down her level here and there? Especially if your plan is to only an arc or two later remind us just how strong she is.

It's not even potential, we all know that judging on potential she is light years ahead of everyone. She's currently just that good. This mind control thing was pretty dumb, she was always strong the only thing this did was make her reckless. And Rimi pointing this out is the mangaka's way of trying to explain himself, why he did the mind control in the first place and what the repercussions are. Which simply isn't working. It's just a really bad plot device.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^when was miu's strength powered down by the author? I think the whole mind control thing could have some interesting repercussions though. At any given point she might just snap and do who knows what as far as we know. Rimi was not even a difficult opponent to her... What happens when she gets crossed by another expert class fighter?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast