Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto Still Has More Surprises Left, Will Last Longer Than Expected

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member matsemann08's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto Still Has More Surprises Left, Will Last Longer Than Expected

Most of us have heard of Famitsu, it’s one of the most popular video game magazines in Japan. In the latest issue of a branch magazine which covers more general topics for adults and family, Otona Fami, is a small nugget of an interview with the creator of Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto!

Question: Let us ask you something about your exciting work, that is so greatly admired. Has the end of Naruto already been decided?
    Kishimoto-sensei: Not everything is set in stone just yet. For example, I haven’t decided on the events that lead to the end, but the end itself has been decided pretty clearly. So from here on out it will just be a matter of running towards that point.

Question: In that case, do you have in mind how the very last volume will flow?
    Kishimoto-sensei: No, you won’t be able to read something like that just yet (laugh). The story really hasn’t progressed as much as I was expecting. About three years ago, at Jump Festa, I said that I would give Kakashi more to do in the manga. However, I still haven’t been able to do that. Honestly, I myself don’t know how much it will take. Nishio-san, who takes care of the character designs for the anime, also asked me for how long the story would continue and I answered “About one year and a half”. But it seems like it will take longer than that.

Question: Can we expect any more surprises?
    Kishimoto-sensei: There are still quite a few. Some characters who originally weren’t going to appear will come up again. And then, well, things are going to get exciting with Naruto, so please give me your support.

Question: Is there any material that you weren’t able to include in this year’s movie?
    Kishimoto-sensei: I intended to include all of the things that were inside my head. It’s just that I also have some novel ideas. There is some material that I probably won’t be able to insert in the original work, but if I get the okay of the editorial department, secretly I’d like to include it somewhere, like in a non-serialized story. Some suspenseful developments, the details are a secret, but there are many challenges that I’d like to face.
    Last edited by matsemann08; July 21, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto Still Has More Surprises Left, Will Last Longer Than Expected

I don't know about this. In a way, this kinda excites me, but honestly, I don't want Naruto to go downhill any further. If Kishi does not bullshit us, then I will be happy, but the probability is very low....

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hard Core Rikki's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Masashi Kishimoto: Naruto Still Has More Surprises Left, Will Last Longer Than Expected

Personally I feel there will be a quick last arc, where the chosen path for Sasuke and Kabuto will be made clear, and naruto learns yin/yang techs (like sealing).

The origin of Madara/tobi's plan and its goal have also yet to be dwelved into. Ending the world as it is is cool and all, but for Tobi and the rest of Akatsuki to not give a damn what happens to themselves, this might have been part of an even grander plan from shadowy masterminds.
    The uncanney ressemblance between the susanoos ressembling samurais (wearing armor, no less) and the statues in front of the Fire temple still gets to me.

Quote Quote:
    Some characters who originally weren’t going to appear will come up again
    Hidan and Tenten, who barely got any screentime since the beginning?
    One buck says the hokages also get freed from the deathgod's belly too.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Naruto is still a really good manga concerning the general theme it has. However, Kishi somehow couldn't really keep up the good work he's done with part 1 of the manga. If anything I don't really want him to stretch the manga without any reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Core Rikki View Post
    One buck says the hokages also get freed from the deathgod's belly too.
    How would that not be asspulling?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taraku View Post
    I think Naruto is still a really good manga concerning the general theme it has. However, Kishi somehow couldn't really keep up the good work he's done with part 1 of the manga. If anything I don't really want him to stretch the manga without any reason.

How would that not be asspulling?
    if it appears as more of a post-final-fight scene than as a deus ex machina?

i wouldn't mind to see the injustice to the hokages (who died in good cause) being reversed. they shouldn't have to suffer for eternity for what other evildoers did

also i'd just like the penultimate rivalry fight to HAPPEN

it's been teased since chapter ONE

even goku had the decency to fight vegeta once first before waiting until vol 38 to fight him again

all naruto/sasuke did was discover powers incrementally at the valley of the end, and have a weird chidori/rasengan moment which turned into a black sphere

a full-on rested fight please! that's the biggets present you can give everyone who's supported you all these years kishi!
    Last edited by hyper_megaman; July 22, 2012 at 05:47 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tk_rout's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not clear when he talked to Nishio san.
    Nishio started doing movie charcter designs in 1st week of April.
    He started doing Ninja war designs in November last year.
    There is no way to know when exactly they talked.
    It could be very recent ...noone knows.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

According to what we've read, the interview is recent and he recently talked to the anime character designer. Meaning, that the manga is still going as far as 2014. It's what I expected actually.

There are still routes that Kishi can follow, routes that can and should be opened. Routes about the Uzumaki clan, about Naruto learning more about his family. He knows who his father and mother are, but what about his clan? His grandparents? He doesn't know about them. His clan was already destroyed by the time he was born.

Sasuke's path might also be changed during the remaining time. Not to mention it gives more time for other characters to develop.

Kishi could even go down the road of Madara and Tobi's plan working and the world is engulfed by Eternal Tsukuyomi and the only ones that are able to not be captured by the Genjutsu are Naruto and Bee leading them to break every other shinobi that is their ally out of the Genjutsu. This scenario would be awesome because it would make Naruto and Bee fight against their friends and showcase some nice fights, since they wouldn't be able to use their full power.

Or it could also have Naruto and Sasuke traveling together in order to break the Genjutsu. Hell, Naruto, Sasuke, Orochimaru and Bee would be even sweeter. I can already imagine the hilarity of this.

I've said it before on other threads but I'd like for some Uzumaki to appear before the end of the war and make some sealing Jutsus.

Kishi did say that characters who weren't supposed to appear will appear. The only problem with this is, appear again. Again? Does it mean that they appeared before?

Could it be that Hidan will be making a come back? Could it be that "That Jutsu" uses Kurama's power to somehow open the Death Gods stomach and un-seal the souls of Minato, Kushina, and the other Hokages? Could this be how accidentally Orochimaru's ninjutsu returns? Could Rin still be alive and make an appearance? Heck even Kiba's dad? Or Sakura's parents finally appear? Can Naruto and Karin go on a journey to find more about their clan? Reunite all the other members even?

Either way I'm excited about this. the manga going for another year and a half at least, to me is good. Kishi has a path to follow, and even if there are mistakes for us, these mistakes could actually be part of a plan that he has. Make us think that he is wrong, but we are the ones that are mistaken.

10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i am pretty sure kushina is not sealed in the death god.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

well , kishi will bring back hokages and even Ruckurdo for one purpose : Acknowledging Naruto/Savior/Child of prophcey ...
    Last edited by shafagh; July 23, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
    خداحافظ

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i am pretty sure kushina is not sealed in the death god.
    Oh yeah, dunno why I wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    well , kishi will bring back hokages and even Ruckurdo for one purpose : Acknowledging Naruto/Savior/Child of prophcey ...
    Rikudou*

Well, if Rikudou does make some sort of appearance it will be in a message like form. He could've let some sort of projection with the Bijuu or something gets triggered when the Jubi appears.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

then in 2 years it will be finished. uhm,it's not so much if you think about the volumes: the manga will last at volume 72 more or less.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys notice the hint of "the end" this last page?

It really fits when Hiroshi Matsuyama san (the director who develops Naruto's games) (accidently) said that Naruto Ninja Storm 3 (involving war arc) won't come out until the series's done. Then a few weeks later, they announced that Naruto Ninja Storm 3 will come out in Spring 2013! (after that Hiroshi san seemed to keep his mouth tight during any interviews. LOL) And then, Kishimoto sensei said that he doesn't really know how long Naruto would continue, but it seems to last longer than 1.5 years.

I see people tend to look at the 1.5 years sentence, but Kishimoto sensei doesn't really know how long the story would continue exactly, so it could continue even longer than that, especially when 3 years have past, but Kakashi's year hasn't happened yet. And I think 2 years are too little to reveal things and wrap everything up IMO.

I believe that this war arc would end around chapter 614-615, then starts with Minato's Gaiden for 5-6 chapters before we see Naruto Part 3, as early as the beginning of next year!

Many things are happening to Naruto franchise right now, and they've made me get so hyped! I think I might need to have some meditation and yoga classes!

Have a colorful weekend everyone!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hime View Post
    Did you guys notice the hint of "the end" this last page?

It really fits when Hiroshi Matsuyama san (the director who develops Naruto's games) (accidently) said that Naruto Ninja Storm 3 (involving war arc) won't come out until the series's done. Then a few weeks later, they announced that Naruto Ninja Storm 3 will come out in Spring 2013! (after that Hiroshi san seemed to keep his mouth tight during any interviews. LOL) And then, Kishimoto sensei said that he doesn't really know how long Naruto would continue, but it seems to last longer than 1.5 years.

I see people tend to look at the 1.5 years sentence, but Kishimoto sensei doesn't really know how long the story would continue exactly, so it could continue even longer than that, especially when 3 years have past, but Kakashi's year hasn't happened yet. And I think 2 years are too little to reveal things and wrap everything up IMO.

I believe that this war arc would end around chapter 614-615, then starts with Minato's Gaiden for 5-6 chapters before we see Naruto Part 3, as early as the beginning of next year!

Many things are happening to Naruto franchise right now, and they've made me get so hyped! I think I might need to have some meditation and yoga classes!

Have a colorful weekend everyone!
    Well yeah, that last bit of text was interesting. Beginning of the end it might relate to my theory that Tobi and Madara succeed with their plan and Naruto is forced to fight his own friends to release them from the Genjutsu. That or Naruto gets captured, which would be moronic by Kishi - unless he was overpowered by both Tobi, Madara and Sasuke - and needs to be saved by everyone else.

Another thing is that the game producers don't usually know the plans of the Mangaka. Sure Kishi has been in close contact with the Ninja Storm games, but still, ultimately he can change his plans. Even more with his editors.

Kishi has said that he has wanted to do many things but he hasn't been able due to the time schedules he has. Maybe after the manga is finished we get some novels, special chapters and whatnot detailing certain events from other characters POV.

Maybe we can get Gaidens like Minato's gaiden, Itachi gaiden, and other gaiden.

I'm enjoying the current events even if for some people their are idiotic and non-sensical. Just because nothing has been explained yet, doesn't mean it won't be explained.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post

Or it could also have Naruto and Sasuke traveling together in order to break the Genjutsu. Hell, Naruto, Sasuke, Orochimaru and Bee would be even sweeter. I can already imagine the hilarity of this.
    Yeah, that'll be awesome . But I think a better scenario would be the Sannin reuniting along with Team 7 and with Bee travelling to break the genjutsu. Kishi has stated that Sakura has talent in the genjutsu department so I'm hoping that this comes into play and lord knows she needs it.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post

That wouldn't solve one of the manga's biggest problems. That it tends to focus only on a few characters and they tend to be overpowered. And characters like Sakura and the K11 get thrown aside.

If anything, the recent Road to Ninja one-shot Kishi drew showed me Naruto badly needs to interact with his friends and people his own age. Naruto really needs to get away from the adults that he has been around for about 400 chapters and start leading his generation. That would show his growth far more than resurrecting some dead characters to tell us how awesome Naruto is. The fact that he has barely interacted with the rookies in Shippuden is criminal.
    Last edited by Jessie; July 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast