Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: whats the easiest and quickest way for me to draw the boxes on a manga page lay out?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

whats the easiest and quickest way for me to draw the boxes on a manga page lay out?

because with a ruler for me its always uneven and takes ages -.-

i also wanna know the best way to outline a scan on Photoshop cs5 cos all ive got is the lap top touch pad mouse thingy to use and it amazingly difficult to be accurate with it and i was wondering if there's a simpler way.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner aldrichcrescent's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: whats the easiest and quickest way for me to draw the boxes on a manga page lay out?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddBaker View Post
    because with a ruler for me its always uneven and takes ages -.-

i also wanna know the best way to outline a scan on Photoshop cs5 cos all ive got is the lap top touch pad mouse thingy to use and it amazingly difficult to be accurate with it and i was wondering if there's a simpler way.
    ummm... with laptop touch pad mouse... your in hell lot of trouble when editing. Been there and done that. Better buy a Graphic/Drawing Tablet and a manga software to make your editing a LOT easier. Cs5 is excellent for graphic editing but for drawing manga, it'd be better to have a Manga Drawing Software. Well, if you don't want to buy a tablet, buy a mouse. Its a lot easier and more accurate than the touch pad. And for outline scans on photoshop, i think i know how but itll take long to type and im a lazy bum so if you need help, just contact meh. XD

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gintara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: whats the easiest and quickest way for me to draw the boxes on a manga page lay out?

If you don't want to draw the boxes by hand and rather on the computer, then using the Lasso Tool in Photoshop would be the tool for you. Just make a selection in the shape you want for the box and right-click to show your options, and there should be a Stroke option. Just enter in how thick you want the outline to be, the color, and how you want it to be stroked (inside,outside, or centered). Then just hit OK and voila, you should now have a box.

You don't have to use the Lasso tool to make a selection; there's the Pen Tool too. Make sure to keep your outlines on a separate layer just in case you want to fix anything.

New Reply