Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter (Average rating: 4 / 5)

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Epic

    53 30.29%
  • 4 Good

    89 50.86%
  • 3 Average

    24 13.71%
  • 2 Boring

    4 2.29%
  • 1 Bad

    5 2.86%
New Reply
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 821

Thread: Naruto 596 Discussion

  1. #796
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,333
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist
    AGAIN, there is no burden of proof on me. I'm only making the claim that you're wrong. You're making the claim that the Narutoverse works in a way that has never been stated. I will gladly accept defeat if someone shows me the manga/databook page that substantiates you, the other guy, and the wiki.

    No one said the burden of proof was on you, I simply wanted to see how you could claim it's not in the databook. The only way you could be positive is if you've saw the databook scan for handseals, Tobirama Senju, and Suiryudan, and didn't come up with anything about handseals being skippable. As of right now, the only thing giving what you say any validity whatsoever is my assumption that you HAVE looked at these scans and didn't see them in there. Which clashes perfectly with my memory (which could be wrong) that I DID see them in the databook somewhere.

    It's not about who the burden of proof lies on. It's about who wants to be taken seriously. We wanted to, so we looked up scans that imply what we're saying is correct. You countered canon manga scans with... something unrelated to Kishi's work. If you wanted to prove us wrong, then the simplest thing in the world would be to show us what proves us wrong within the confines of manga canon. Databook or scans.

    Quote Quote:
    Do you think every jutsu performed that only has that last seal drawn is because the ninja performing it was just that badass and only needed that one seal? My explanation uses the simple logistics of the actual production of manga.
    I'm sure there are some instances in the manga where handseals aren't shown for the sake of time. Not all the time though. In Tobirama's situation there was no time to perform that many handseals despite handspeed, and we already know Tobirama can use high level Suiton without having water nearby, which goes to prove he can do things ninja aren't normally supposed to be able to do with Suiton. How is it nonsensical to think he can mold water well enough that he doesn't need all the handseals for jutsu he's proficient with?

    And no, I don't think every ninja shown to perform 1 handseal during a jutsu only needed one instead of the full amount. I do think some are that proficient though (Tobirama). I also don't think everytime we only see one handseal it's because Kishimoto just skipped a whole scene of convoluted handseals. I also think you're stretching the "not enough pages to show handseals" excuse a bit too far based on instances like when Minato performs all the handseals in one blur for his "transport Bijuudama outside the village" S/T jutsu feat some time back in the manga. It took one panel to show an innumerable amount of seals. And with Kakashi using a double Raikiri against Kakuzu to block Gian, I don't even remember him performing a single handseal. And sure there's off panel tricks that can be played too (ninja did seals off panel so when they rush in with a jutsu you see no seals, just the jutsu).

    Quote Quote:
    Btw, I usually use the wiki for simplicity's sake when citing things too, but I make sure of the manga/databook sources. Wikis are not fail-proof, especially fan wikis like Narutowiki.
    I know they aren't, hence I only used the scans that are directly from the manga when referring to Tobirama's expertise with Suiton. Nothing whatsoever implies handseals were skipped by Kishi rather than Tobirama in the instance we posted. Infact, we see the passage of time between him spitting out his first bit of water and then performing the Suiryudan. Not everything is explained step by step, and not every time that handseals aren't present is it because of Kishi simply not wanting to show them. In some instances it's to show how fast someone's seal speed is (Itachi). In others, it's to show how good someone is at ninjutsu (Tobirama).

  2. #797
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheMaX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Spain
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Confused Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Why Tobi didnt used the Rinnegan to absorb that Rasengan even if the Rasengan and that part of himself were in the another dimension?

  3. #798
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Always remember the difference between part 1 and 2, in part 1 hand-seals were a big deal ( and infact Naruto could learn Rasengan because it didn't need difficult hand-seals to remember, at least according to Jiraiya ), while in part 2 hand-seals just lost their relevance, now everyone does jutsus with 1, 2 seals at best, when showed.
    The Tobirama example is perfect for it, later in the series we saw Kisame and Itachi, just to name two, using stronger Suitons with a single hand-seals, or even with none.

    Example?
    hand-seals for Chidori
    seal-less Chidori
    hand-seals for Chidori
    seal-less Chidori

    The most eclatant case?
    Kuchiyose no jutsu, in part 1 only Oro could bypass the hand-seals thanks to his tatoo, now everyone uses it without any hand-seal, hell sometime its used even without blood

  4. #799
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    I'm with Badluckartist in the statement that those who state that jutsus can be used without seals or with decreased number of seal, have made a positive statement and would require supplying the proof. Now as its been already shown its difficult to do that.

    however when Badluckartist and other like-minded persons state that only parts of the handseals were drawn and rest left out for convenience, they also make a positive statement and need to show the proof. i think its also clear by this time that its as difficult to prove.

    So the conclusion is that its a case of rather bad writing from kishimoto. something so essential as these should've been made clear. however the way things stands now, i guess its upto the readers' interpretation. in that case i believe ninjabot's interpretation makes the best sense. Proficient guys don't require handseals, cause it simply isn't believable to me that high level ninja-battles provides so much intervals between exchanges that those guys have so much time to do all the seals.

  5. #800
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Always remember the difference between part 1 and 2, in part 1 hand-seals were a big deal ( and infact Naruto could learn Rasengan because it didn't need difficult hand-seals to remember, at least according to Jiraiya ), while in part 2 hand-seals just lost their relevance, now everyone does jutsus with 1, 2 seals at best, when showed.
    The Tobirama example is perfect for it, later in the series we saw Kisame and Itachi, just to name two, using stronger Suitons with a single hand-seals, or even with none.

    Example?
    hand-seals for Chidori
    seal-less Chidori
    hand-seals for Chidori
    seal-less Chidori

    The most eclatant case?
    Kuchiyose no jutsu, in part 1 only Oro could bypass the hand-seals thanks to his tatoo, now everyone uses it without any hand-seal, hell sometime its used even without blood
    So your telling me that every time someone uses Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu you want to see 44 panels with every hand sign in it.....this whole manga would be just hand signs.... so please for the love of god stop complaining about the little things...like hand signs....i sure as hell dont care about hand signs....now when people spam one jutsu that kinda makes me mad...and remember there are bound to be inconstant factors in the strong beacuse when Yagi was writing those first you know 110 chapters he did not think that it would go on for this long...its not like when he was writing the Oro vs Saru fight i am sure he had not planned nor thought of the shinobi world war arc....hell i dont think tobi even existed back then
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  6. #801
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Kakashi should be at his limit right now, but still he has a power to use his kamui. Does the kyubi's chakra is the reason why kakashi's ms is still activated? Itachi said that the blindness of the ms is cause by kyubi. So maybe the kyubi's chakra can also heal it or can undo the curse. Just a thought.

    Well, about the one hand seal topic, i think kishi doesn't really need to draw the entire seal everytime the ninja will going to use his jutsu. Example is sasuke's chidori. It was such a lame and a waste of manga page if kishi will going to draw the entire hand seals everytime sasuke use it.

    But still, maybe it depends if the jutsu just need a one hand seal. Like minato's hiraishin or tobirama's water jutsu. So maybe the user's jutsu or the creator can use a one hand seal to execute his jutsu if he wants to. So it depends how profficient he was to his jutsu.

  7. #802
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    @marshall313

    Quote Quote:
    Itachi said that the blindness of the ms is cause by kyubi. So maybe the kyubi's chakra can also heal it or can undo the curse. Just a thought.
    Where was that said?

    I remember someone stating how to get the power to control the Kyuubi would mean you going blind but i don't remember the above?!?! How could Kyuubi effect it like that? Can you link us please?

  8. #803
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @marshall313



    Where was that said?

    I remember someone stating how to get the power to control the Kyuubi would mean you going blind but i don't remember the above?!?! How could Kyuubi effect it like that? Can you link us please?
    he probably misquoted it. Its in return for getting the power to control the Kyuubi the side effect is you go blind. The Kyuubi doesnt directly cause you to go blind, because you could have MS and not even meet the Kyuubi like Itachi did and still go blind

  9. #804
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    WOW.. seems like every time someone write something someone gets all crybaby. You know how long the manga would be if everyone made all the handseals? just enjoyit till it is explained. Ever notice people are slowly not responding on this site.

  10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #805
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Café Alpha
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Quote Originally Posted by ecoX View Post
    WOW.. seems like every time someone write something someone gets all crybaby. You know how long the manga would be if everyone made all the handseals? just enjoyit till it is explained. Ever notice people are slowly not responding on this site.
    It's that damn double-issue that brings forth such useless discussions. You know, Kishimoto wants his readers to think for themselves, which is why he doesn't show the seals most of the time. Apparently he is overestimating the biggest part of his readership....

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #806
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member David Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Country
    England
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Kakashi : Suiryūdan no Jutsu !!!
    Yamato: You forgot the seals dude! Viewer ratings are going to take a dip.
    Kakashi : *** that, I'm too high level for that sh1t. Muhahaa, Kishi sort it out mate.
    Kishi : kekekeke, *Draws image of Sasuke*
    Viewers live happily ever after.

  14. #807
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    THE SCIENCEMOBILE!!
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    No one said the burden of proof was on you, I simply wanted to see how you could claim it's not in the databook. The only way you could be positive is if you've saw the databook scan for handseals, Tobirama Senju, and Suiryudan, and didn't come up with anything about handseals being skippable. As of right now, the only thing giving what you say any validity whatsoever is my assumption that you HAVE looked at these scans and didn't see them in there. Which clashes perfectly with my memory (which could be wrong) that I DID see them in the databook somewhere. It's not about who the burden of proof lies on. It's about who wants to be taken seriously. We wanted to, so we looked up scans that imply what we're saying is correct. You countered canon manga scans with... something unrelated to Kishi's work. If you wanted to prove us wrong, then the simplest thing in the world would be to show us what proves us wrong within the confines of manga canon. Databook or scans.
    So neither of us have proof. I don't need proof. That's what the whole 'burden of evidence' thing is about. You have to prove it, because you're making the claim that the wiki is right without there being any actual proof. All I'm doing is expressing skepticism and acting on it. Our memories will just have to agree to disagree then.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm sure there are some instances in the manga where handseals aren't shown for the sake of time. Not all the time though. In Tobirama's situation there was no time to perform that many handseals despite handspeed, and we already know Tobirama can use high level Suiton without having water nearby, which goes to prove he can do things ninja aren't normally supposed to be able to do with Suiton. How is it nonsensical to think he can mold water well enough that he doesn't need all the handseals for jutsu he's proficient with?
    Because I think of handseals as being more important to the process of creating a jutsu than you do. I think of them as parts, or like instructions for the chakra. Like I said though, it's not that the 'cutting down on handseals' idea is unrealistic in the bounds of the series, it's just that there's a more logical explanation that doesn't involve making up mechanics that have never been introduced.

    Quote Quote:
    And no, I don't think every ninja shown to perform 1 handseal during a jutsu only needed one instead of the full amount. I do think some are that proficient though (Tobirama). I also don't think everytime we only see one handseal it's because Kishimoto just skipped a whole scene of convoluted handseals. I also think you're stretching the "not enough pages to show handseals" excuse a bit too far based on instances like when Minato performs all the handseals in one blur for his "transport Bijuudama outside the village" S/T jutsu feat some time back in the manga. It took one panel to show an innumerable amount of seals. And with Kakashi using a double Raikiri against Kakuzu to block Gian, I don't even remember him performing a single handseal. And sure there's off panel tricks that can be played too (ninja did seals off panel so when they rush in with a jutsu you see no seals, just the jutsu).
    I've really got nothing but "I disagree". I've never heard of a ninja being able to cut down on handseals, so I assume their being done off-panel (wisely so). There is really no reason to think otherwise.

    Quote Quote:
    I know they aren't, hence I only used the scans that are directly from the manga when referring to Tobirama's expertise with Suiton. Nothing whatsoever implies handseals were skipped by Kishi rather than Tobirama in the instance we posted. Infact, we see the passage of time between him spitting out his first bit of water and then performing the Suiryudan. Not everything is explained step by step, and not every time that handseals aren't present is it because of Kishi simply not wanting to show them. In some instances it's to show how fast someone's seal speed is (Itachi). In others, it's to show how good someone is at ninjutsu (Tobirama).
    It's like we're reading a different manga. For a kage level ninja, there seemed like more than enough time to cast all those seals on the page before. If ninja can shunshin, then why is it so unbelievable that they're just doing all the seals *that* fast? There really is no difference between Itachi's 'too-fast-for-you' seals and Tobirama's scene, except nobody in Tobirama's scene made a single comment on his seal speed, or claimed that he only used one seal. Eh, there's really no conclusion to this disagreement I guess :P

  15. #808
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    kishi,I beg you! show us this fight without focusing on something else. right now,the only interesting thing aside from tobi's identity and hawk's target is finding yamato out! now that the zetsu have been killed,the original white has been burnt and the black one has been defeated,it's safe if someone frees yamato,who joins the fight versus tobi.

  16. #809
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    THE SCIENCEMOBILE!!
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    It's that damn double-issue that brings forth such useless discussions. You know, Kishimoto wants his readers to think for themselves, which is why he doesn't show the seals most of the time. Apparently he is overestimating the biggest part of his readership....
    I'LL ARGUE ABOUT HANDSEALS FOR DAYS. This shit is important.

  17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #810
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 596 Discussion / 597 Predictions | Jump on Break : no chapter this week

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    So your telling me that every time someone uses Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu you want to see 44 panels with every hand sign in it.....this whole manga would be just hand signs.... so please for the love of god stop complaining about the little things...like hand signs....i sure as hell dont care about hand signs....now when people spam one jutsu that kinda makes me mad...and remember there are bound to be inconstant factors in the strong beacuse when Yagi was writing those first you know 110 chapters he did not think that it would go on for this long...its not like when he was writing the Oro vs Saru fight i am sure he had not planned nor thought of the shinobi world war arc....hell i dont think tobi even existed back then
    No, I'm telling you Kishi don't give a shit anymore about handseals, he will draw them when he'll remember to do it.
    Also Kishi drew 1 panel each for all those 44 handseals, so if he really wanted to do it it wouldn't be a problem, hell he always made 1, 2 panels tops for handseals

    Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    It's that damn double-issue that brings forth such useless discussions. You know, Kishimoto wants his readers to think for themselves, which is why he doesn't show the seals most of the time. Apparently he is overestimating the biggest part of his readership....
    While I don't think handseals are important, I do believe its a sad thing to completely disgregard something he gave so much importance back in part 1 ( also handseals are deep rooted in ninja tradition ) just for... Don't know, laziness? Plot? Forgetfullness?

    It is also kind of funny that Mifune's main strenght against ninjas, not make them do handseals, would be utterly useless against any ninja chunin level and beyond that are displayed in this manga.

New Reply
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts