Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!!

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.63%
  • 2 (Average)

13 10.57%
  • 3 (Good)

32 26.02%
  • 4 (Great!)

54 43.90%
  • 5 (Epic)

18 14.63%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 3.25%
New Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 676 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction

I doubt that the little dragon is actually momonosuke. it's true that kinemon's expression hinted that,but he already talked about a child,and when the SHs were near the (giant) children,he said that momonosuke wasn't with them. shouldn't he have told them that his child was a dragon?
    the dragon is not momonosuke,nay,that dragon was serving caesar...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

.. sigh.. this again

Spoiler: My view on CC show

So considering everything (spoiler tags above), how I'm supposed to be excited about him as the centrepiece of this arc? He is a scientist, not a proper villain. He is a pawn of Doflamingo and will most likely end up as a tool of Law's and Luffy's. Honestly he is destined to be average from the very beginning. To either defend or expect anything from him is nothing but a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lotus View Post
    Caesar outsmarting Luffy with such a unique, cunning and effective move didn’t feel plot staged or forced at all. No one predicted that Caesar could use his devil fruit abilities in such an underhanded way, and yet somehow that isn’t a testament to his threat level? What? And what good would Franky’s laser be right now when he can’t even aim? Even if he could blow a hole through the cage none of them could escape.
    Luffy's goal was to capture CC. The whole time he was not even remotely serious, as it is displayed on his facial expression. If Luffy's goal was to take out CC, he would be dead by now. While he has certainly a impressive fruit, he lacks in any physical attributes. Luffy easily overpowered him in speed, haki and brute strength. It was too damn obvious that Luffy was supposed to lose there, just in order to get the plot moving.

Franky is a cyborg not a devil fruit user, thus the ks chains should have no effect on him. As such I'm not seeing why he is supposed to handicapped. Due to his cyborg body he is very versatile. The fact Franky didn't mention anything about being limited, just proves he is clearly held back by Oda for plot purpose.

Now to be more clear, this whole situation is poorly staged to make the events more terrifying, serious and what not. This is like plastic surgery, CGI or whatever. It is fake, thus doesn't feel natural at all. Therefore there is no tension (for me at least).

So there’s a monster in the process of erasing all life on the island, devil fruit are somehow being spawned from it, chopper finds out he has an unknown ally and Law and co. are somehow planning to launch a counter attack in a dire situation and you say there’s no tension?
    The good side is easily more powerful than the bad side, so to speak. There is no tension, since the plot requires the good side to be handicapped (as I explained above). Furthermore ever since Flamingo's name was dropped I lost all my interest in CC. Not to mention we already had this poison theme once. .. So here I am waiting for Flamingos appearance. I'm not interested in anything else.

The darkness comes into play after we see what the slime can do.[..]
    One Piece always had the carefree atmosphere. I don't think it will ever change. The protagonists are only serious in a death match, otherwise there is hardly anything which can be stated as "darkness". Heck even now after seeing the men die, Franky and Robin are totally absent minded.

The Aizen and Madara wank threads are in 2 other sections.
    This. The fact you think highly of Caesar Clown speaks alone volume of your taste. But I'm not judging, after all each his own. Since you are interested in miserable acts, you should visit the Kardashian fanbase or sth.

Spoiler: offtopic show
    Last edited by Uriel; August 02, 2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Made other changes. :)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    WARNING: Watch your tone. Everyone. Calling someone else any adjective that could be seen as insult will end in many deletes and infractions.

I'm watching you
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: .. sigh.. this again

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post

Franky is a cyborg not a devil fruit user, thus the ks chains should have no effect on him. As such I'm not seeing why he is supposed to handicapped. And why wouldn't Franky be able to aim? He just needs to open his mouth and shoot. Due to his cyborg body he is very versatile. The fact Franky didn't mention anything about being limited, just proves he is clearly held back by Oda for plot purpose.
    Are you sure seastone couldn't hold back Franky or be unaffected by his lasers? I know we've seen him shoot from his hands, and those are tied. I can't remember if he explained to Nami what all else he could do. Also perhaps maybe he cannot transform properly with the chains in the position they are at?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid, Franky cannot make his coup de boo anymore with his body of him. That's sad, that was one of my favorite T-T

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    At first I also wanted Dragons...But now that I see how Oda draws them, I prefer to not ever see them again.
    were you expecting dragons to look more like dragon ball or some thing out of berserk

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by omegakai View Post
    were you expecting dragons to look more like dragon ball or some thing out of berserk
    It's better to say western or eastern dragons.^^ Imo this one looks worse than the big one, the spotted scales look weird, too many horns, so it's not even ridable. Not even looking cute or pleasant to live with, but we only got two short glimpses on it to this point, so guess we have to wait.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 03, 2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: +s
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if already posted but, since it will be 2 very long weeks, I will contribute with this possible theory by Redon: according to this explanation from Blueno, Smiley could die because being a DF user, the candy CC makes him eat has a second DF inside of it. That would lead to its explotion... Notice that in the explanation, Blueno says that scientist know how DF works, and CC is a scientist:

who knows...

The idea was suggested by Redon, source: Pirateking.
    Last edited by ukimix; August 02, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The little Dragon will hopefully be nothing more than a way to escape from the smoke for Zoro and Crew. Though based on it's size and the fact it's running away, I'm not too optimistic. But in the name of getting things moving further along, I'd be happy if Zoro and Crew were somehow thrown into the mix. I'm kinda hoping that all the SH will end up under the cage Luffy's group is stuck in. Not only could everyone be freed, and bodies could be swapped back but what a nice way to get the attack going... Though I bet Law has better plans....

As far as CC goes.. IMHO, he's a great villain for this arc.. Clever but confident, clearly overly so. But between his knowledge of science and technology and his development of his DF.. a unique and cunning enemy. (and a nice Change after that waste of space Hody Jones..) In the end without the addition of Vergo and Monet, I bet he'd be no struggle to dispose of... But for me at least that's why CC fits his role. In the end he will likely end up as an afterthought from all the madness about to ensue from the Luffy Law alliance. I'm personally interested in after his capture and whatever intel he might have...

Getting ahead of myself now... OK.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And it seems like Smoker will once again help Luffy against his will :-)
    I wonder if we will have the rematch Luffy was speaking about when they met. He may not be happy to hear that the heart and the strawhat pirates have made an union.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wing_gundam's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm agreeing with Blackhair. CC (and this arc) is no better than Moria and TB.

There's been so many "ultimate death" enemies like Moria cutting your shadow - your screwed, or Magellen - total poison - you're screwed - oh and Luffy got f'd far worse by both those guys. Not to mention various almost defeats by all three (including former) Admirals.

CC has an above average ability, but he's way below average in vile villain.

Oh wait - Luffy lost the first round against everyone but Don Kreig as well... that should say something. Ah I miss when arcs were just a chapter or two... there's too much fluff in it now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

If i remember correctly, during the Enies Lobby arc, Fukuro said that kairoseki is basically the hardest material out there, it would have been impossible to free Robin from the handcuffs without the key, so Franky can't do anything against it, no matter how strong he is now.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I dont know if already posted but, since it will be 2 very long weeks, I will contribute with this possible theory by Redon: according to this explanation from Blueno, Smiley could die because being a DF user, the candy CC makes him eat has a second DF inside of it. That would lead to its explotion... Notice that in the explanation, Blueno says that scientist know how DF works, and CC is a scientist.
    There a two possibilities:
    1. The candy contained a chemical that reacted with the gas Smiley is composed of. This killed Smiley and hence his fruit respawned. I believe in this one as of now.
    2. The candy did contain a second DF and the theory is right.

Please keep in mind that Blueno says that the exploding stuff is a folk tale and not to be taken serious (i.e. nothing happens if you eat a second DF).
    Also we would have to see two fruits spawn (maybe the other day was a banana or pineapple or whatever and respawned in the nearest fruit of that kind).

As it is the first theory is more probable since easier and more coherent with the information given (which might be incomplete after all).

You are in fact right that Vegapunk knows most (all) about DF and CC maybe learned a thing or two from Vegapunk.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Smiley could die because being a DF user, the candy CC makes him eat has a second DF inside of it. [..]
    I rather think Smiley had a chemical reaction; by eating the candy. In which Smiley (axolotl) just died and became poison gas. I don't think the candy was a second fruit. Otherwise we should have seen two apples transforming/changing.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Smiley ate a second DF inside the candy. There's just no science in that, no reason for CC to experiment all that time if it was all due to a second DF. Plus there's no reason why a chemical reaction by itself wouldn't do the job, adding a second DF just un necessarily complicates things.

New Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast