Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!!

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.63%
  • 2 (Average)

13 10.57%
  • 3 (Good)

32 26.02%
  • 4 (Great!)

54 43.90%
  • 5 (Epic)

18 14.63%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 3.25%
New Reply
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 676 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

Escaping from this cage looks troublesome but Law sounds very confident, it's just hanging there so anyone who cuts it down or blows it up exposes their position immediately. Laws heart is also still with Vergo, back in the lab, if Monet is the paper-thrower she's gonna have to defend it. If she isn't breaking cover she'll wanna finesse it away from him, but Vergo looks very cautious about who he gives his heart too (hehe see what i did there?). I think next chapter she either exposes herself or gets caught in the mix and blown away by whatever counter-attack Law has planned, hopefully led in the ice by Bepo!.

On the panel where Luffy gets subdued by the seastone, Laws face has a real stern "You couldn't have just followed the plan" look! Luffys the best for an alliance.

FuS

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I just hated that part tbh... The SH were already running away back then with the children, it's not like they wanted to fight Law at all, he could've just let them go and focus on Smoker and that's it

It was clearly a scheme from Oda to waste time and to bring some comedy, but it didn't work to me honestly... It felt repetitive (yeah all those jokes about Sanji/Brook being the perverts they are and such were already over used, especially Sanji and his " nosebleed " back at FI )
    totally agreed! I hope vergo,caesar and doflamingo will belabour law. he deserves taht since if he hadn't switched bodies they may be safe. and that's includes smoker and tashigi too,who are still weaker...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope Sanji will get his body soon, I'm tired of this crap (still don't get why Law did that if he intended to ally himself with Luffy, or more like why Oda wasted time like that )
    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    True. I guess Law panicked and saw SHP as an enemy before talking to Luffy? He was pretty shocked by their appearance. I guess it's also to give SHP some problems, as if Sanji was in his body, then he and Usopp wouldn't have gone down.
    I just hated that part tbh... The SH were already running away back then with the children, it's not like they wanted to fight Law at all, he could've just let them go and focus on Smoker and that's it.
    It was clearly a scheme from Oda to waste time and to bring some comedy, but it didn't work to me honestly... It felt repetitive (yeah all those jokes about Sanji/Brook being the perverts they are and such were already over used, especially Sanji and his " nosebleed " back at FI )
    We need more information to be sure about the quality of the plot on this point. We know that:
    • Law has had a plan all the time.
    • Three events that Law didn’t knew to happen were: (1) Smoker and G-5 arrival to PH, (2) Mugiwaras arrival, and (3) Wergo’s arrival, as he pointed in current chapter.

Part of his initial plan was to make an agreement of no aggressions with CC in order to be able to search for and find that Important Key. And he had to change his plan in a way that those three new events fit in the whole strategy.

Now, whit Smoker he decided simply to take down him, and not to change his strategy. But with Luffy’s arrival he changed his plan: he decided secretly to break with CC and to form an alliance with Luffy. This alliance pattern keeps working until now and in spite of Wergo’s arrival.

But about how believable is the plot in regards to the switching bodies, the point is: had this switching bodies a part on his plan?

To judge it, I think, the main question is: when did Law decide to change his plan? For sure he had not decided to betray CC when he met Sanji and the kids. As M3J pointed, he was shocked and he was trying to solve two different tasks simultaneously: to control Smoker and to keep his plan safe.

Later, he met Luffy. (There he, again, used his switched power in Smoker and Tashigi, when she tried to counterattack him. His comment in that moment was: I hate that".) And Oda’s graphical description of those moments, in which Law decided to change his strategy, are pretty well accomplished, IMO. Law, first, calculated if Luffy was a friend and possible ally or an enemy, and second, given that he was a friend, later he calculated if breaking with CC was a better strategy than respecting their agreement, and for this last calculation he focused on how powerful was that possible ally, Luffy: that is why Oda draw the moment in which Law can see that Lord Rayleigh will take care and train Luffy (take a look on Oda’s narration on this and this panels).

I have been wondering why Law switched Smoker and Tashigi, and that is the same question of why he switched Mugiwaras between each other. I think now, based on the above lines, that the explanation is pretty simple: Law switched all this ppl because with those new events, he was not sure about what was the best next step in his strategy: he was not panicked, he was thinking fast and furiously. He didn’t choose to kill them or hurt them seriously (because maybe they could become allies or be useful in some way), but neither to leave them free with all his power (they could become enemies); he chose to create confusion and to weaken them by switching their bodies.

In that way, and regards to the literary use by Oda of the switching power of Law, I can still trust this plot will be able to be in the end one of the best of One Piece.
    Last edited by ukimix; August 08, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hated that part tbh... The SH were already running away back then with the children, it's not like they wanted to fight Law at all, he could've just let them go and focus on Smoker and that's it

Actually i think this all change of bodies might have something to do with Law's plan. If we think logically i can't see many possible outcomes to Law's supposed counterattack so i've started to believe it will be something related to that
    Of course i might be wrong but unless he has his crew on stand by somewhere close i can't think at other possibility

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

On the contrary i think law had decided to betray CC from the start. Switching the body was a way to defeat the strawhat without defeating them. He could say to CC he has kept his part of the bargain while easily revert the situation once he wanted luffy's crew on his side.
    That and funny gags make I rather enjoy it

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Law always intended to betray CC, but he didn't have the perfect opportunity to do so as he was by himself and had his heart with Vergo. The Strawhats probably provided him a perfect chance to betray CC much sooner, but he most likely perceived SHP as a threat first before encountering Luffy or actually talking with him.

Though, if Law still has a plan, then I think one of his crew is the one who threw that paper and will save the group. They either just reappeared or must be pretty good at hiding.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Law wants to betray CC from the start. But the question for him, as MEJ pointed, is when to do that in a way that his plan may reach its goal. And he changed the moment for this betrayal with Luffy's arrival. Before Luffy's arrival was not useful or possible for him to betray CC.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    I think that monet, brownbeard, and the yeti cool bros will join laws crew
    Mmm, Monet is a wildcard, but it could be possible.
    I think Brownie is dead, at least Sanji's body got wounded when escaping the explosion - imagine what happened to Brownbeard, who was right in the middle of it and comsiderably weaker.
    But why Yeti cool bros? They have only been shown as weak enemies so far, and were easily and mercilessly taken out by Law (meaning Law considers them trash).
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really as the pattern Oda usually uses is quite clear, build up ---> fights, and after the build up, there's no character introduction until the end of the fights.

Nami and Usopp are still outside yeah... Hope Sanji will get his body soon, I'm tired of this crap (still don't get why Law did that if he intended to ally himself with Luffy, or more like why Oda wasted time like that )
    We know exactly why Law did it, he even said it himself. It so that the two of them would have to meet up again at some point because Luffy would seek Law out in order to get his crew back into their own bodies. That was his way of making sure he and Luffy met up again regardless of what else transpired at PH. And it worked. Thats also the same reason why he took Smoker's heart and didn't kill him. He threw out the bait by asking him what the Marines were scheming and when realizing that Smoker wasn't in on it he let him live and only took his heart so that Smoker would also come seek him out. And ultimately seek out the truth behind the children kidnapings and CC's doings at PH. None of what Law did was random or simply used for author generated humor, it was planned. The only thing that wasn't planned was Vergo's appearance, which Law admitted to. But even with that he still has a plan he wants to carry out. You have to look at events as a whole and not just individually.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Mmm, Monet is a wildcard, but it could be possible.
    I think Brownie is dead, at least Sanji's body got wounded when escaping the explosion - imagine what happened to Brownbeard, who was right in the middle of it and comsiderably weaker.
    But why Yeti cool bros? They have only been shown as weak enemies so far, and were easily and mercilessly taken out by Law (meaning Law considers them trash).
    can see oda bringing brownbeard back just to have him die again.......

the yeti cool bros did get the drop on zoro and crew, and they did get away from luffy once, so at least they are slick, and law took them out, i never said they were top notch, but the yeti cool bros could make ok pirates in laws crew.......they not as weak as u make them seem........

either way im sure we will see them again and i think they will play a part in this arc.........oda never showed us what happen to them and ceasar is trying yo kill everyone, so im sure they will show up again, especially after oda revealled how they looked un the 15th anniversary book

lastly does anyone know if we will get the chapter on sat? usually after a scheduled break by jump they release the chapter early for next week
    Last edited by chess4; August 08, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    We know exactly why Law did it, he even said it himself. It so that the two of them would have to meet up again at some point because Luffy would seek Law out in order to get his crew back into their own bodies. That was his way of making sure he and Luffy met up again regardless of what else transpired at PH. And it worked. Thats also the same reason why he took Smoker's heart and didn't kill him. He threw out the bait by asking him what the Marines were scheming and when realizing that Smoker wasn't in on it he let him live and only took his heart so that Smoker would also come seek him out. And ultimately seek out the truth behind the children kidnapings and CC's doings at PH. None of what Law did was random or simply used for author generated humor, it was planned. The only thing that wasn't planned was Vergo's appearance, which Law admitted to. But even with that he still has a plan he wants to carry out. You have to look at events as a whole and not just individually.
    Okay, I'll respond to the meeting Luffy thing.

1- No matter how you put it, it was not a reason for Law to actually do what he did, SH's were running away to regroup, he could've easily let them go and meet up with Luffy afterwards and it's not like Luffy is hostile toward him or anything like that. Also, Law was pretty much free to go anywhere within the island, and it's not like there's survelliance cameras all over the place to watch him. Funny thing is, Luffy seemed rather amused by that situation and didn't even ask Law to put them back into their bodies to begin with. What I'm trying is that Luffy would've met Law regardless of that incident

2- Really ? If he wanted Smoker to come to seek him out, why in the world did he give his heart to CC huh ? Why would he give the heart to a mad scientist that is wanted and have a 300M bounty on his head and isn't one bit picky about killing him ? If he truly wanted to tell the truth to Smoker, he could've at least kept his heart and not switch him with Tashigi, at least he'd be more or less a valuable asset to him, while now, Smoker is useless.

The reason why I find this dumb and moronic it is because I look at it as a while, not individually, Law... or Oda could've went differently about this.

It would've been : better, smarter, fast paced if Oda did it like this :

First : Law switches the bodies of Smoker & Tashigi, tells him some kind of message or what not, then he goes to follow the SH's.
    Second : Luffy shows up, tell him to meet him or whatsoever, Luffy goes to regroup with Nami & co and the children (and they weren't switched)
    Third : Explain his plans to Luffy, make alliance, somehow they make themselves captured so they can get inside the lab (while in fact they can easily break from the ropes/chains), little fighting ensues, they knock stupid CC down, put Kairouseki around him and what not, put down Monet too
    Fourth : Vergo shows up, the SH's would beat his ass no doubt, Smoker comes, Law explains what they've been scheming here and brings him back to normal
    Fifth : And there you got your arc over and done for without this mess stupid
    Sixth : And they can go with their plan to beat whatever Yonko they wish to beat

Now, not only they can retrieve the body of Kinemon easily, but they could help the children easily too without being pressured by anything, they could also look for that " key " easily

And all of this could've been done in a fast paced chapters

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

zerocooldx
    I think you are reading too much into it. The moment he saw G-5 and the SHs, Law couldn't possible had planned out his steps. It is evidently clear he did not foresee their arrival. He acted in surprise and weakened the enemy. That's all there is to it.

Law is not the kind of man who kills for no reason. And that is the only reason I see why he didn't kill the intruders, including the Samruai. But I do need to say one thing: By not killing, he left his options out. It seems now that was wise decision coming in his favour. However this was not planned out. His reaction and words as he saw G-5 and the SHs + Kine-head do support that.

Last but not least, I think only after seeing Luffy he came up with the pirate alliance plan. Not after seeing Sanji and the rest. The little flashback he had, as he saw Luffy does hint to that.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the Time One Piece is pretty unpredictable for me. While for some people here its a high discussion about who throws the stone, i think its not that important for the moment.

I can remember some chapters back we had a Dragon there. And i was like "Woah wow what a dragon. He must mean something." so i made a pretty cool prediction i guess in wich the dragon was one special key for the development.
    But two chapters later Luffy ated him.
    I wouldnt say i am not smart enough for predictions, because i always do for myself. But the ones where i think that they are worth telling here are often simply wrong.

I can understand that for some people this stone threwing person is an important matter to what to predict from now on, because they cant see any further. But for me at this point its not necessary to even talk about.

2 Chapters back i was really exited after i read it, just because of the appearance of Kid at the end of the chapter. So i even woted "Top 10" because i really thought Kid is anywhere near the island. But then it went on and its hinted that all of the people watching those "TVs" could be simply anywhere around the New World. Not just in touching distance of the Island.

What i mean to tell is that the very first thing that came through our mind, or what we think what could be important for now, often is not that important for the next chapters at all. I guess we have to think differently if we really want to predict things good.

Maybe its not important WHO throws the stone, but WHY he did. WHy did he even know that chopper was there? There couldnt bee so many that actually knew he is there, but also people who noticed him (because of his clumsy way to hide ^^).

As far as i am able to predict (or notice) something i have the intuition that the one who threw the stone simply wants to protect chopper from doing anything he could harm himself. For example when he tries to attack CC or his Company.
    So this person is plotting something and didnt want chopper to intefer.
    Law semms to be very confident even in that situation, maybe he has some kind of trump card here. But then again i guess everyone is thinking that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Zehahah
    Brining the heart-switch confusion was certainly meant for comedy and to weaken the SHs, as they are clearly the most powerful group on PH. So I agree with you on that. But as much I feel you pain, I don't think you scenario is better. It sounds rather too linear, even if it is more fast paced.

Your idea requires the SHs to be together for the most part. Which is a absolute no go. As much tiring it is, unfortunately it is necessary. Otherwise Oda wouldn't be able to focus on each of his nine characters. He needs to do justice to his cast, by giving them proper screen-time and dialogues. Thus as much I hate it myself, a separation is always necessary.

I think you are way too hard on this arc. Just days ago, I re-read the current arc to this point. There is clearly a difference in reading it in weekly breaks and as a complete segment. This arc is fun, entertaining and normal paced. Just like a typical OP arc.

Spoiler: some further notes show

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    yeah, the cool brothers already know law and law knows them so it was not like a first chance encounter, hence law had the advantage. unlike the strawhats like zoro and sanji where they were caught by surprise

i also believe brownbeard will be back, to give closure to his crew that they have been deceived by cc ever since. he might die in the end but i think he will appear again at some point during the fight

New Reply
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast