Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!!

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

    2 1.63%
  • 2 (Average)

    13 10.57%
  • 3 (Good)

    32 26.02%
  • 4 (Great!)

    54 43.90%
  • 5 (Epic)

    18 14.63%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

    4 3.25%
New Reply
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 358

Thread: One Piece 676 Discussion

  1. #331
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Okay, I'll respond to the meeting Luffy thing.

    1- No matter how you put it, it was not a reason for Law to actually do what he did, SH's were running away to regroup, he could've easily let them go and meet up with Luffy afterwards and it's not like Luffy is hostile toward him or anything like that. Also, Law was pretty much free to go anywhere within the island, and it's not like there's survelliance cameras all over the place to watch him. Funny thing is, Luffy seemed rather amused by that situation and didn't even ask Law to put them back into their bodies to begin with. What I'm trying is that Luffy would've met Law regardless of that incident

    2- Really ? If he wanted Smoker to come to seek him out, why in the world did he give his heart to CC huh ? Why would he give the heart to a mad scientist that is wanted and have a 300M bounty on his head and isn't one bit picky about killing him ? If he truly wanted to tell the truth to Smoker, he could've at least kept his heart and not switch him with Tashigi, at least he'd be more or less a valuable asset to him, while now, Smoker is useless.


    The reason why I find this dumb and moronic it is because I look at it as a while, not individually, Law... or Oda could've went differently about this.
    Law could not have easily let the SH's go and just met up with them whenever he wanted to, you do remember he still had to pretend to be working with CC. What would it look like if he left everyone untouched? Especially after seeing how CC reacted when Monet brought up the fact that Law and Luffy worked together once already? You make it sound like Law could have just done whatever he pleased and CC wouldn't care. And no there aren't surveillance cameras around, thats because there are CC's men. What happened as soon as Law stepped foot outside? He was spotted and asked where he was going by CC's men. Granted at that point he didn't care anymore because he was putting his plan into motion. But its obvious that he couldn't just do whatever he pleased, CC isn't going to let Law walk around his island doing whatever. Hence that reason for Monet being instructed to secretly follow him. Yes plot-wise Luffy and Law would have met up at some point, but what insurances did Law have of that happening? None. He had to play a role and even after doing that CC still caught on to him and found out. What if that had happened sooner, like say before he went outside? He would have probably been caged up and who knows if he would have ever gotten to put his plan into motion with Luffy. And yes that would have been a fear of Law because he believed that CC had his heart and not Vergo.

    Why give Smoker's heart to CC? Thats one of the most obviously things Law has done. He gave him his heart to put CC at ease and to keep him thinking that Law worked for him. This is most evident when he tells CC that he will bring anyones head to him if asked to do so. Also CC is very picky about what he can and cannot do at PH. Which is why he had to call "Joker" and get permission on what he could and could not do to the Marines after Law gave him Smoker's heart. You keep saying he is a crazy dangerous mad scientist, however he has yet to make a "mad scientist" type of a move towards anyone other then random fodders. He didn't even care that the Marines were outside of his lab, he ignored them and decided to use them to test out Smiley just like with everyone else he didn't care about. In Law's and Smoker's fight what was Law doing? He was asking Smoker what the Marines were up to even though he knew fully well that Smoker had no idea what was happening at PH. Yet he asked him those things to get Smoker thinking and then he took his heart so that he would have to continue to get involved involved even more in the matters at PH.

    Also the whole thing about it could have happened in a "better, smarter, fast paced if Oda did it like this.." way argument. You can apply that argument and logic to any situation you don't like and or don't fully understand as of yet. Ie. Why didn't WB just save Ace at ID? That would have been better, smarter, and more fast paced. Plus it would have had a "better" result. You've read OP long enough to know that when Oda goes out of his way to make things complicated its for an actual and legitimate plot related reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    zerocooldx
    I think you are reading too much into it. The moment he saw G-5 and the SHs, Law couldn't possible had planned out his steps. It is evidently clear he did not foresee their arrival. He acted in surprise and weakened the enemy. That's all there is to it.
    I'm not saying Law was waiting for the SH's to show up at PH. I'm saying he made a decision to pick a "partner" for his plan long before the SH's arrived at PH. And if you look at the chapter when the SH's run into Law a decent amount of time passes between that and him witching their hearts. That wasn't a reactionary move. He first starts to fight the Marines and throws parts of their ship at them before deciding to target the SH's. If Law viewed the SH's as an enemy and wanted to stop them he could have easily switched their personalities with the the children. In which case they would probably not have escaped the lab and would have gotten easily caught. But the point was to let them escape. He had plenty of time to say to himself "Hey SH could work as my partner, lets make sure he has a reason to come see me". Which is exactly what he meant when he later tells Luffy that they both have something they want to get back and will meet again. Don't tell me you believe Law switching the personalities of ONLY the SH's was a coincidence with him a few minutes later telling Luffy that they will both meet again to get what they want. The guy didn't just wake up one day and decide to put this plan into motion. He knew he had to get someone else to help him and was no doubt actively looking for that someone. When he saw the SH's and had a bit of time to think about it he made his move.

    "Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #332
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    229
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Yadda yadda yadda, honestly think everyones hitting our peak at the right time, discussions are flying every which way. I had to re read the arc just to give my self a refresher and to challenge myself on how I've been interpreting this arc(I actually started at 649). Things that stuck out to me second time around:
    1) The sign on the front gate to PH had three symbols on it, the WG, the Marines, and one that I can only assume is "giants"? My support of this this the skull that Luffy, robin, zoro and usopp encountered in the burning land, they commented on how it was bigger then a giant's.(odd also was that this "giants" sign was the largest of the three by far)
    2) during the flash back of CC's first convo with Law, Monet does not have wings or legs that appeare to be anything but human, or for that matter anything wrong with her limbs(no poison gas effects like brown beard's crew)
    3) samurai shuffle; when the SHs first heard the transmission from PH it was a subordinate of CC begging for help just as the samurai was killing him...we then know that kinemon went against Law and was sliced up. Some how his legs became attached to a dragon that made its way to the burning land, his torso was left in the cold, and his head taken as a trophy/prisoner. I guess what I'm still trying to understand about this is A)why did law attempt to eliminate kinemon(he mentions to Luffy when they make their alliance to, "do something about the samurai").was it orders or obligation? B) how will they alliance function if law wants to kill kinemon, will this void said alliance?
    4) we've seen 2 dragons so far on this island, one looks like a bad ass lean mean killin machine, while the other looks cartoony and slapped together. Both have been referred to ask vegapunks dragon....now is this an error in translation where it is suppose to be implied that vegapunk made more than one or are people on the island miss identifying the dragon on the burning side for vegapunks because Luffy and co ate it and as such it can't be I.D.? In which case the dragon that was part of the sled was vegapunks dragon and the other red one from the burning side is ????(momonosuke?)

  4. #333
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere close to far and away ^.^
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    I
    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    One piece always had a lot of break in particular movie's years.

    And I don't want the current strawhat to eat a fruit, they don't need it and already half the crew has one. Especially a lame one like axatol, it was gool for smiley but of no real interest for someone else.
    Actually I think it would be a good fruit for Usopp, being that he trained in a forest for 2years, also that his newly style and moves "we" seen (which Oda seem like he's not trying to show him off yet) using Pop Greens and whatnots, a salamander fruit is not bad, right? I could see Usopp with a tail, being able to regenerate parts of his body, and letting out "milky white poison" could help in close range even though he is a sniper. It could happen, ALL the Straw Hats have weird ability so Axatol is not really weird and it's not lame, I actually went look it up, and this ability really supplies the users with lots of things. Being able Zoan he could transform to as small as a lizard, being unseen by most people, are can get in his hybrid form and become half human/salamander increasing his speed. Not sure of it happens or not but if Oda did do that it would make the story a little more "unpredictable"
    What's understood ain't gotta be explained
    But you don't understand me so let me explain
    Stood in the heat, the flames, the snow
    Please slow down hurricane

  5. #334
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    maybe his crew isn't present because big mam forced them to join her or turned law's comrades into slaves,that's why he wants to take her down. no wait,luffy said that the SHs would join the Heart pirates,so they must be free.

  6. #335
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MOYcano 0.23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Weird prediction: the samurai will eat the fruit to prevent this massive destruction weapon fails in wrong hands, dying with honor as a war hero.

  7. #336
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere close to far and away ^.^
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    maybe his crew isn't present because big mam forced them to join her or turned law's comrades into slaves,that's why he wants to take her down. no wait,luffy said that the SHs would join the Heart pirates,so they must be free.
    We don't know what Yonkou Law and Luffy was discussion because Oda did not show us words in the panel, we still don't know who and why Law wanted to take on this Yonkou, but it most likely just instrested Luffy "I wanna take on the strongest attitude". So Imma make a wild guess and say there going to take on Kaido, because Luffy most likely wanna take on Big Mam and Blackbeard himself, and he respect Shank too might to fight him. Also I can see kido and law having history.

    Quote Originally Posted by MOYcano 0.23 View Post
    Weird prediction: the samurai will eat the fruit to prevent this massive destruction weapon fails in wrong hands, dying with honor as a war hero.
    Truthfully I never seen anybody die form eatting two devil fruit (or never seen) but what if that's just a tale r something to the WG or Vegapunk so pirates or whoever don't have to much power. Also they say that devil fruit are devils that are inside one's body after they eat the fruit. But I think if you have a strong WILL you can eat two devil fruit and steal live. Blackbeard was able to do it and Marco himself said Blackbeard had a "weird body". Also Luffy could probe eat two devil fruit too, he was able to withstand a 100 shadows in his body, so two devil fruits might not be so hard to do. Also Kinemon is not trying to stop this weapon, he's trying to find his kid, but he might help Sanji and his group if asked
    What's understood ain't gotta be explained
    But you don't understand me so let me explain
    Stood in the heat, the flames, the snow
    Please slow down hurricane

  8. #337
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    We don't know what Yonkou Law and Luffy was discussion because Oda did not show us words in the panel, we still don't know who and why Law wanted to take on this Yonkou, but it most likely just instrested Luffy "I wanna take on the strongest attitude". So Imma make a wild guess and say there going to take on Kaido, because Luffy most likely wanna take on Big Mam and Blackbeard himself, and he respect Shank too might to fight him. Also I can see kido and law having history.
    dude,it's drake who is currently challenging kaido,whereas kidd is challenging BM. that's why it'd be funny if the 3 of them would fight again together (like at sabaody,kidd,law and luffy). luffy doesn't know who kaido is,that's why I think he was referring to BM. also,of course he wants to defeat BB himself,but against BM he has just a little grudge,which doesn't prevent others from fighting her.

  9. #338
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere close to far and away ^.^
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    dude,it's drake who is currently challenging kaido,whereas kidd is challenging BM. that's why it'd be funny if the 3 of them would fight again together (like at sabaody,kidd,law and luffy). luffy doesn't know who kaido is,that's why I think he was referring to BM. also,of course he wants to defeat BB himself,but against BM he has just a little grudge,which doesn't prevent others from fighting her.
    Well your saying that Drake alone can fight Kaido, but Luffy, Kidd and Law have to gang up to beat Big mam? Drake is most likely working with others in the New World. You said Drake is challenging Kaido, but that was two years ago per time skip, I'm sure they must of atlease fought 1 time, but Kidd picking a fight with Big mam seem recent. I said Luffy could fight with Kaido it's a wild card, instead of like everybody think he's going after big
    Mam or Blackbeard he sees or meet Kaido and picks a fight with him, even if Luffy gets best and the crew retreats, it will still move the plot along.
    What's understood ain't gotta be explained
    But you don't understand me so let me explain
    Stood in the heat, the flames, the snow
    Please slow down hurricane

  10. #339
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    [.. ] Don't tell me you believe Law switching the personalities of ONLY the SH's was a coincidence with him a few minutes later telling Luffy that they will both meet again to get what they want. [..]
    I do believe that is the case. The children are CC's belongings. "Attacking" them means violating the agreement he has with CC. So naturally he didn't switch them with the SH's. Also Oda only switching the SHs was probably (among others) for comedy purpose.

    The problem I have with your idea is that it requires Law waiting a for random third party. This can be hardly called a plan. Seems more like a fate-thing, which BB does. On the hand, I believe it is due to Law's nature that things have played out like this. Though known as a death surgeon he is clearly a man who is not heartless, let alone a brute murderer. His actions speak volume about his character:

    If he had not saved Luffy, or attacked his mates for real, there wouldn't be an alliance. If he had killed Smoker, he couldn't be an asset to him. So the way I see it, things have played out nice due to his nature/character. But it was clearly not planned out. It's kinda like with Luffy all the time.

    Anyway, I believe he had a original plan to deal with CC and his "stolen" heart. But that plan had most likely nothing to do with any unknown entity, such as Luffy or Smokey.

    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    [..] And if you look at the chapter when the SH's run into Law a decent amount of time passes between that and him witching their hearts. That wasn't a reactionary move. [..]
    I disagree. Even if there were many panels in between, it was just merely seconds. Smoker attacked Law shortly after the SHs interrupted their talk. Law responded and dealt with them in proper hostile manner. He didn't kill anyone, but handicapped them. Thus he left his options out.

    Only after Law seeing Luffy, he might had a plan about forming an alliance. Not the moment he saw Sanji's group. As I stated already, that little flashback Law had is clearly hinting to that. Consequently, there was clear a change of expression on Law's face as he saw a thanking Luffy.

    Last but not least, I believe Law will be Luffy's Whitebeard. And Smoker will be their Garp.
    Last edited by BlackHair; August 10, 2012 at 08:31 AM.

  11. #340
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere close to far and away ^.^
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Did Law ever tell CC that he switched people bodies? It seems he didn't tell him about it but did give CC smoker heart though. That could play a big part
    What's understood ain't gotta be explained
    But you don't understand me so let me explain
    Stood in the heat, the flames, the snow
    Please slow down hurricane

  12. #341
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Well not sure about the SHs, but I do think he told them about Smoker. It seems no one outside the cage is surprised that Smoker is in Tashigis body. ... Or Mone simply might had observed everything and reported back to CC. Which might also explain why they are not surprised by Smoker/Tashigi.
    Last edited by BlackHair; August 09, 2012 at 05:17 PM.

  13. #342
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    Well your saying that Drake alone can fight Kaido, but Luffy, Kidd and Law have to gang up to beat Big mam? Drake is most likely working with others in the New World. You said Drake is challenging Kaido, but that was two years ago per time skip, I'm sure they must of atlease fought 1 time, but Kidd picking a fight with Big mam seem recent. I said Luffy could fight with Kaido it's a wild card, instead of like everybody think he's going after big
    Mam or Blackbeard he sees or meet Kaido and picks a fight with him, even if Luffy gets best and the crew retreats, it will still move the plot along.
    noone can keep up with an emperor. what law meant by saying "challenge a yonkou" was to say that you damage his ships ecc.,so others shouldn't fight you,as you are the target of an emperor. kaido is escaping as a mouse from kaido,and so should kidd,whose power should enable him to prevent log pose from noticing him.
    Last edited by mattiaildivino; August 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM.

  14. #343
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere close to far and away ^.^
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    noone can keep up with an emperor. what law meant by saying "challenge a yonkou" was to say that you damage his ships ecc.,so others shouldn't fight you,as you are the target of an emperor. kidd is escaping as a mouse from kaido,and so should kidd,whose power should enable him to prevent log pose from noticing him.
    Kidd isnt fighting with Kaido crew ect, he's fighting with Big mam crew. But Log posts are ment to find islands, only if there's strong signals meaning dangerous stuff happen on that island. No Yonkou can use there's log post to find a Single person, but find a strong person causing dangerous stuff is possible, but how would a Yonkou know? Also Big mam wants to fight Luffy, and Luffy wanna fight Big Mam, only Law worrying about destroying ships ect, but I'm sure the plan Law came up with Luffy and friends has something to do with defeating Big mam "directly".
    What's understood ain't gotta be explained
    But you don't understand me so let me explain
    Stood in the heat, the flames, the snow
    Please slow down hurricane

  15. #344
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Posts
    440
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    Quote Originally Posted by MOYcano 0.23 View Post
    Weird prediction: the samurai will eat the fruit to prevent this massive destruction weapon fails in wrong hands, dying with honor as a war hero.
    If Kinemon's son is dead, then I could see him eating the fruit to ruin any of CC's future plans. He could even entrust his fire katana to Zoro before he does it.

  16. #345
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

    The problem with Whitebeard and Ace deaths is that people think now we will see some more in One Piece when they were an exception.
    Last big sacrifice we saw was Bonchan, isn't he in wonderful shape in Impel Down? Did the yeti brothers kill Brownbeard ?
    Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the petrified guys were able to survive somehow.
    Last edited by k-dom; August 10, 2012 at 01:56 PM.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts