Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!!

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.63%
  • 2 (Average)

13 10.57%
  • 3 (Good)

32 26.02%
  • 4 (Great!)

54 43.90%
  • 5 (Epic)

18 14.63%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 3.25%
New Reply
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 676 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction

This is a EPIC chapter for me (way better then last week)

First off, just like I was saying last week I think that dragon IS Momonosuke, the way Kinemon reacted when "dragon" was mention kind of gave me that "my son I finally found you" vibe.

Second, it see that all that happen was the devil fruit powers was reversed, and sealed in another fruit, Smiley turn back into his normal form, some kind of special hardening gas. (Not surprising CC did work with the man that discovered "almost" everything about devil fruits, Vegapunk)

Third, Y'all noticed tashigi (Smoker) face? It seems like he knows something, maybe just happy that his men alive OR could he be something to do with Law plans? I'm sure Law already talked about the plan, But Oda didn't let us know what he was saying http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c668/3.html I think it's a rock to stop chopper from messing up the plans.

Fourth, If y'all having noticed that cage is moving away from the Lab and probably going on the ground.

Fifth, Is that shadow guy Rob, or that Flower swordsmen from WB crew?

All in all I liked this chapter..but man 2 weeks is LONG if One Piece your fav manga

Funny Moments: Zoro's group running like sonic the hedgehog
    Last edited by jamarTheDem; August 01, 2012 at 08:19 AM.
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Wait, OP on a break again next week ?
    Well I have to admit it was pretty interesting seeing that DF thing and the effects of the gas released by the Slime too... Other than that, nothing worth seeing/reading honestly
    Everything is on break. It's like that every year for Obon. But it may happen we will have next chapter on the week-end of the 11th

The devil fruit thing was interesting, but maybe it's specific to object since it was not like that for Ace.

Also I think a page is missing since there is nothing about chopper's paper even if the number of page is 19.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy on page 10 indeed looks a lot like Lucci.

The DF part was interesting. So, when the user dies, the curse moves to any random fruit in vicinity? That certainly makes what happened under the cloth with BB and WB a lot less intriguing. BB just blocked all other routes and brought out a banana or something... Still believe though that the reason he is able to have two DF power is due to a third DF. Firm believer of the Cerberos theory.

Law was cool near the end. Can't wait for the counter-attack. I'm quite sure that Chopper and possibly the mysterious rock thrower will play a big role in it. My best guess is that it was Monet, but that seems too predictable. Maybe one of Laws crew members has been there all the time after all? Damn, whole 2 weeks...

Also, I really liked the colorspread. Seems like Oda has been following the London Olympics as well

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Also I think a page is missing since there is nothing about chopper's paper even if the number of page is 19.
    A page must be missing. I didn't quite get the last part. I seemed like the cage was lifted outside, so they can be infected by the poison. Then all of sudden (I believe) we see the cage over viewing the island and the marines and the poison. It seems like they were in close range, enough to hear and see each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    The DF part was interesting. So, when the user dies, the curse moves to any random fruit in vicinity?
    I'm not to what you are referring to. Which devil fruit user died in this chapter? Smiley. Reading the chapter I didn't get the impression "it" died. I rather think by eating the candy it had a chemical reaction.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    The DF part was interesting. So, when the user dies, the curse moves to any random fruit in vicinity? That certainly makes what happened under the cloth with BB and WB a lot less intriguing. BB just blocked all other routes and brought out a banana or something... Still believe though that the reason he is able to have two DF power is due to a third DF. Firm believer of the Cerberos theory.
    I totally agree and had that revelation literally a minute agao.
    BB had a fruit and could catch the new Gura Gura Fruit.
    Mystery is only how he way able to eat (Cerberus theory quiet likely).

That also means the new Fire fruit must have spawned somewhere at marine ford as well (for corby?):

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    I totally agree and had that revelation literally a minute agao.
    BB had a fruit and could catch the new Gura Gura Fruit.
    Mystery is only how he way able to eat (Cerberus theory quiet likely).

That also means the new Fire fruit must have spawned somewhere at marine ford as well (for corby?):
    If Coby had Ace fire abilities that would be super cool, But how would BB know about such a thing as killing a person and stealing their abilities? there a lot of mysteries
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    I'm not to what you are referring to. Which devil fruit user died in this chapter? Smiley. Reading the chapter I didn't get the impression "it" died. I rather think by eating the candy it had a chemical reaction.
    Not really in this chapter, not a person. I think in case of an chemical weapon exploding is pretty similar to person dying, DF wise. Chemical reaction yes, but Smiley "died". CC said "Good work Smiley, we shall meet again", which to me sounded like he was referencing to the power moving to a nearby fruit. I think the idea is that he builds a new blob of jellified poison, and makes the DF fuse with it again, "resurrecting" Smiley.

It isn't 100% sure yet, but I think this make quite clear, that when a DF user dies the power moves on in similar fashion. Could be though that CC manipulated this somehow, that the power moved into this specific apple. Maybe each power need a certain type of an apple, maybe it is random fruit withing certain range (thus a full sack of apples to make the odds better just in case there was a random apple somewhere on Punk Hazard)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Peeto's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

by the way, the last page is missing, here it is in chinese http://imgbox.com/abhaEIbp

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    If Coby had Ace fire abilities that would be super cool, But how would BB know about such a thing as killing a person and stealing their abilities? there a lot of mysteries
    BB makes his living by infiltrating organisations and gains access to the resources he knew.
    While DF are largely an unknown area for us readers in the world of One Piece many characters are very knowledgeable about them.
    Vegapunk knows basically everything there is and by proxy I reckon Caesar knows most of that as well.
    Sanji knew about a catalogue of all DF.
    Blackbeard knew how to get the Darkness fruit (was it beforehand owned by Thatch and BB killed him and did this trick?)
    Blackbeard certainly would be able to get this information.
    So technically getting the DF is the easy part (all you have to do is killing its current user and have a fruit that can be cursed).
    Then you can eat it or give it to a crew member.

Interesting part is to learn
    1. How can you you eat more than one DF?
    2. How does the cursing process work? Is it magical or technical, what is its origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Peeto View Post
    by the way, the last page is missing, here it is in chinese http://imgbox.com/abhaEIbp
    What does the letter Chopper has say?

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

it's quite obvious that smiley "died",as caesar hinted. so his DF was absorbed by that apple. probably ace's fruit had something like that too. so that new DF is actually the zoan type which was eaten by smiley.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Peeto's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

What does the letter Chopper has say?
    it says "Don't do anything yet" , i bet it's from Monet :P

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mische's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter indeed. Showed a lot to discuss about for two long weeks...

Its quite obvious that Smiley "lost" his DF. The candy changed him from a liqiud to a gas.
    Within that process his DF seems to have been set free. Assuming a DF cannot vanish it will search for a possible host... (most likely it follows the same logic behind BB aquiring WBs Devilfruit and Vegapunk fusing a DF with an object)

The gas smiley turned into most likely is (liquid) nitrogen. I would assume that those people that are frozen within the facility might have been used in some way as test subjects.
    The first thing i thought of was Cryonics. Following their argumentation it might even be that all of the people shown frozen in this arc might come back to life at some point

CCs weapon is really large scale. To be great though it would be nice if one could control it in a certain way...

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, its too early to start saying DF jumps to nearest fruit after user dies. You would think someone would notice somewhere and it would be a common knowledge by now, abused by bad people all over the world to obtain DF powers. Not really sure what happened there, either.
    Also, I got the feeling that apple will resurface during this arc, perhaps even eaten by one of SH. If that happens, one of SH will have a really shitty DF. Sure, it depnds on the user, but if I had to pick between axolotl, a tiger or a bear... I wouldnt pick axolotl

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. So the Sara Sara no Mi, Model Axolotl switched to the closest apple... And that Oda mentioned some "Book of Devil Fruits" listing up all Devil Fruits and their powers at least twice (while Ace's and Blackbeard's conversation, and Sanji's and Absalom's conversation) it's possible that you actually need the correct fruit to transfer the power. Odd though, that Luffy's and Ace's foster family are now selling "Colubo Apple" but that appears to me as coincidence...

The scene made that actually pretty likely even as Ace died on the plaza, didn't he?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Smiley was a weapon of mass destruction, kind of like a nuclear bomb, it was destined to set of and cease to exist in its initial form and thus as a living creature through the fruit it died. There are also two different things to support this theory but seem to clearly hang together, first the way CC spoke of it: "Let's meet again" and on the same page, we see the manifestation of a new fruit.

Now, while this strongly hints at the fact that Smiley died and that the same "curse" cursed a new fruit, it also indicates that CC has figured it all out. Him being a subordinate/partner to Vegapunk he has to have greater knowledge of the fruits than the average person, we already know that he knows the secret of giving an inanimate thing the power of a fruit, so why shouldn't he know how a fruit gets "reborn"? Seeing how everything was staged and how the sledge "broke" for no reason, I wouldn't be so surprised if the fruits were put there on purpose too. I mean the way CC spoke to Smiley strongly hinted at this might have been done before and that he will do it again. Obviously this Weapon of mass destruction is to be sold, no? Therefore Smiley has to be reborn and therefore CC needs the power of the fruit to make the slime sentient and therefore also useful.

Oda has given us strong hints of the fruits now and they do bring us some interesting views. First of all, Ace, seeing how he died at the Marine HQ, the fruit closest to his corpse must have been the one that got cursed, meaning that a marine is highly likely to have been cursed with the fire fruit. The Coby theory might get boosted now, at the same time BB clearly prevented this curse from infecting a nearby fruit and instead absorbed it himself. Now, we do know that the curses have a thing for fruits, meaning that it is the constitution of a fruit that is getting targeted, now BB is clearly not a fruit, but seeing how Vegapunk hasn't got the info that BB has on this I'm guessing it really has to do with as Marco said: "His strange body".
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

New Reply
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast