Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate The Chapter!!

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

2 1.63%
  • 2 (Average)

13 10.57%
  • 3 (Good)

32 26.02%
  • 4 (Great!)

54 43.90%
  • 5 (Epic)

18 14.63%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 3.25%
New Reply
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: One Piece 676 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

Ppl always died in OP, just minor characters. The warriors in Alabasta, Sky Pia and so on. Well, I'm not saying those petrified men are dead, but I wouldn't be surprised if they indeed are. As to Ace and WB, I don't think they are exceptions. I do expect more on-screen kills.

Regarding Bon, I said it back then but I wasn't heard, so I will say it again. If the protagonists mourn their death with emotional expression, like for instance tears, they are pretty much confirmed dead. Sabo, Ace.. all those other character in the SHs past (flashback) for which the protagonists broke down in tears, are dead. However as Bon supposedly faced his end, despite Buggy making fun of him, Luffy still believed in his survival. That pretty much confirmed his well being.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 676 Discussion/ 677 Prediction ~ One Piece is on break this week ~

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    The problem with Whitebeard and Ace deaths is that people think now we will see some more in One Piece when they were an exception.
    Last big sacrifice with saw was Bonchan, isn't he in wonderful shape in Impel Down? Did the yeti brothers kill Brownbeard ?
    Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the petrified guys were able to survive somehow.
    I totally agree with you,sir! ace's death unleashed chaos because we didn't expect his death. WB's one followed ace's,but it wasn't as important as fire fist's death,since his death was quite needed to make the story go on. now we can't really consider Brownbeard's survival as a proof,but surely we won't see other characters' death for a while,maybe the last arc will change things,though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have beef in this, but If I may:
    His argument was that the first impression may often be deceiving. Bon was considered dead, but he turned out to be doing well. Same case with Brownbeard. Now k-dom used these two examples to support the idea, that the the petrified men in this chapter might be fine after all.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

fine? What is the point of showing off this weapon of his if the victims are 'fine'? Clicking 'strongly disagree' for this argument.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    you are misunderstood and dont offer further explanation? Then your quoted post didn't help and is just spam.
    It was just a suggestion to reread my post, I have nothing to add further
    Last big sacrifice we saw was Bonchan, isn't he in wonderful shape in Impel Down?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Now k-dom used these two examples to support the idea, that the the petrified men in this chapter might be fine after all.
    It was more to strongly disagree with the Mononosuke is dead or Kinemon will die arguments which started to show.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHat 13 View Post
    fine? What is the point of showing off this weapon of his if the victims are 'fine'? Clicking 'strongly disagree' for this argument.

Because it would be very funny if nobody dies from this mass weapon destruction in the end
    Last edited by k-dom; August 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The idea that Mononosuke is already dead is ridiculous, at best. He is not an important enough of a character that his death would have any impact on the audience. Nor would his death impact any of the established characters. Kinemon is to new a character, his grief at the death of his son probably would not resonate with many readers. The death of a character never introduced to the main cast, and never seen by the audience, would be almost entirely pointless.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with Whitebeard and Ace deaths is that people think now we will see some more in One Piece when they were an exception.
    Last big sacrifice we saw was Bonchan, isn't he in wonderful shape in Impel Down? Did the yeti brothers kill Brownbeard ?
    Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the petrified guys were able to survive somehow.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we not actually see Magellan 'kill' Bon-chan, but instead only see Magellan preparing to strike? Surely that is different from what is happening now, since these nameless fodder are actually getting 'killed' on screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The idea that Mononosuke is already dead is ridiculous, at best. He is not an important enough of a character that his death would have any impact on the audience. Nor would his death impact any of the established characters. Kinemon is to new a character, his grief at the death of his son probably would not resonate with many readers. The death of a character never introduced to the main cast, and never seen by the audience, would be almost entirely pointless.
    None of the main cast met Queen Otohime, but that didn't stop Oda from killing her...
    Momonosuke doesn't have to be dead, he could be alive, he could even die in this arc, but I think its a little ridiculous to decide how important a character will be before we have any information on him.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

guys,naruto's spoilers are coming out. there will probably be the release today! of coruse that includes one piece too,whose spoilers aren't out yet,though.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we not actually see Magellan 'kill' Bon-chan, but instead only see Magellan preparing to strike? Surely that is different from what is happening now, since these nameless fodder are actually getting 'killed' on screen?

None of the main cast met Queen Otohime, but that didn't stop Oda from killing her...
    We don't really know if it really kills them or not, we got a confirmation of them being paralyzed, they might somehow have a chance to live, would be a great chance for Chopper to show of his medical skills and rescue the presumed dead.

Flashbacks for arcs are differernt to someone dying just recently Imo. Noland, Tom and Otohime were important to understand the actual plot and gave us some nice insight into the background of the characters and how they act. Don't know how that would be done with someone dying just recently
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    We don't really know if it really kills them or not, we got a confirmation of them being paralyzed, they might somehow have a chance to live, would be a great chance for Chopper to show of his medical skills and rescue the presumed dead.

Flashbacks for arcs are differernt to someone dying just recently Imo. Noland, Tom and Otohime were important to understand the actual plot and gave us some nice insight into the background of the characters and how they act. Don't know how that would be done with someone dying just recently
    but they should really be dead,as the name of the weapon (shi-no-kuni) means "land of death" . I doubt chopper can even revive dead,however,he will prove to you his medical skills by saving the children,and probably nullifying the giant effects.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    kinemon is as established as sanji, usopp, and chopper were in the beginning. brook also got one arc before he joined. One arc and they joined so if kinemon cant resonate with the audience then by your logic, the previous characters i named wouldnt either.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There could be a time/interval inbetween the paralysis and actual arrival of death.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    kinemon is as established as sanji, usopp, and chopper were in the beginning. brook also got one arc before he joined. One arc and they joined so if kinemon cant resonate with the audience then by your logic, the previous characters i named wouldnt either.
    True, but I don't think there showcasting Kinemon enough on this arc, I REALLY think Oda will change up his "I got a arc, so now I'mma show off and join the Straw hat crew" it wouldn't be suprising that DD as well as the other broker is watching the video, and after they beat CC and vergo maybe even Monet (if she's not working with Law) flee and leave the island, then all the sudden DD use the video transmissioner telling Kinemon, Law, and the rest of the Straw hats that he'd captured Momonosuke, which upset Kinemon after he hear his son say "father help me" and Kinemon decides to leave at once, but the Straw hats join him to go save his son, that's when I think his real "showcasting" starts. I'm sure DD have many strong warriors for Luffy and the gang even Kinemon to fight. Also Law said "a samurai?" like he knew about him maybe helped capture his son who is a samurai too when he worked for DD? After the DD arc then I can see Kinemon join (maybe DD kills his son, it would be a really sad moment for the Straw hats because they couldn't save Kinemon son) *Just a guess*:
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

New Reply
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24