Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 198 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 198 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pirulito View Post
    And looks like Toriko is fighting against the most weakling beast really.

i hate that, toriko is again the weakest. i hope that he will shine in second part of this arc.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Man that creature at the end looks like a nitro!!!!!! o god

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy shit this is getting freakin awesome
    Too think that these beasts are nothing but one beast... God damn it

Also, can you still explain to me guys why you think Coco/Sani are having trouble ? They didn't even get serious yet... They're finally getting serious now, and they will soon defeat the beasts no doubt about it

But to think that Coco/Sani learned Food Honor as well, I hoped that only Toriko would've learned but oh well... I guess Zebra did too

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

they learned food honor but only toriko learned food immersion ( at least i think so). it would be stupid if they all learned everything like toriko.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    they learned food honor but only toriko learned food immersion ( at least i think so). it would be stupid if they all learned everything like toriko.
    Coco learned Food Immersion as he said so himself, I guess all of them did learn it

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Zebra must have learnt this

http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/190/2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Zebra learned it though, I mean he is what he is...
    Although, this chapter looks really good and it's great to have a manga like Toriko that somewhat keeps a fast and intriguing pace, unlike the big three at the moment.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    I'm not sure Zebra learned it though, I mean he is what he is...
    Although, this chapter looks really good and it's great to have a manga like Toriko that somewhat keeps a fast and intriguing pace, unlike the big three at the moment.
    Well I don't see the point of making Sani/Coco using Food Honor and not Zebra... Can't say Sani either is fit for Food Honor (He's obsessed with being beautiful haha)

And man, all these beasts seems to have insane attacks, some huge AOE, makes me wonder more about the GW beasts

So, the 4 beasts are nothing more than part of the main body that's gonna soon show up without a doubt, and Ichiryuu said that the main body is controlled by someone, now... That thing that was shown in the end looks like a Nitro, and it is that it is in the central part of the Human World... So it may be the thing that is controlling the main body after all
    Last edited by Zehahaha; August 02, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll be damn. You guys were actually right, there is one more beast they will apparently need to team up to take down.

The difference between "Four Beasts" and "Four Beast" was relevant after all.

It's getting even more tense and exciting.

All of them learning Food Honor is very strange as we were discussing few weeks ago. Especially Coco who apparently learned food immersion, Shokurin Temple's secret. If food honor could be learned from other sources food immersion certainly could not. How did Coco find Shokurin Temple? Toriko and Komatsu made great effort to do it. When did he do it? Here http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/195/11 he asks if Bubble Fruit is the temple's treasure. If he had walked the bubble road he'd have known that and eaten raw bubble fruit.

I agree that if all of them learned everything same as Toriko, he would be weakest and need more power-ups to compete.

Many questions I'd like to have answered.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    How did Coco find Shokurin Temple? Toriko and Komatsu made great effort to do it. When did he do it? Here http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/195/11 he asks if Bubble Fruit is the temple's treasure. If he had walked the bubble road he'd have known that and eaten raw bubble fruit.
    Shokurin temple has more branch around the world if i'm not mistake

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's probably a food honor equivalent that Zebra learned, remember how the Golem had something similar?

Looks like the spoiler I posted was accurate after all.

This chapter was crazy, not even sure where to start commenting, but the fight that happens when the kings come together to beat the 5th beast is going to be insane.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Damnit.. I was right! xD

Hahaha xD.. Like I predicted, the four beasts are just a foretaste to a actual filth one, and all of them are able to use food honour. I had no doubts or whatsoever. The manga clearly indicated such. Food Honour is Toriko's equivalent to One Piece's haki. It's a technique everyone will have, as soon as the plot moves to the GW. So it's rly no surprise.

Regarding the beasts, though I expected a filth one, I didn't see all of them being part of the same entity. But I remember someone predicting that. I disagreed back then, but it seems I was wrong.

Anyway, two successful predictions. But more important, the chapter is just awesome. At least one shounen weekly manga, which can deliver tension.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Juin Jutsu Team View Post
    we are working on chapter 197.
    this week we have had some problems but chapter will be out as soon as possible!

You can find more spoiler (japanes) pics here:

http://juinjutsuteam.forumcommunity.net/?t=50912318

No worries! we're just very grateful to you and have a great deal of respect for your team and all that you do.

Btw its on mangahere http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c198/

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

That was somewhat surprising. It appears that Food Honour is somewhat more commonplace than expected. It sort of makes me question some of the events and comments during the Bubble Fruit Arc, but it's possible that we get some sort of information on the FH training of the others. At the very least, Coco is also capable of Food Immersion. The Four Beasts are packing some serious power, even far beyond my expectations. The Four Beasts being part of The Four Beast explains the earlier alternate uses of the singular and plural. I'm curious to see what the main beast is capable of. The idea that someone is behind the scenes is also unexpected. Good action, plot progression, and some surprises make for a great chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My questions regarding this chapter are the following:
    1. It still bothers me that the 4 kings and the 4 beats match up so good (poison vs poison, shouting/ spitting attacks, tentacles vs hair tentacles and in Toriko's case I reckon it is just blunt force)
    2. Each of the 4 kings respond to a certain sense (Toriko = smell, Coco = sight, Zebra = hearing and Sani is tactile sensing, all of them share taste of course). Since the monsters abilities match up with the four kings, do they also correspond to the respective organ (eyes, ear, etc.)? Or is every beast completely equipped on its own?
    3. In fact we are talking about two masterminds. Each of the four beasts and the main body has to be defeated. Yet there is also someone controlling the main body part. Who is that guy? Is it the same guy it was when Ichi defeated that thing?
    4. If the controlling main organ is some kind of underground root does that mean we should be able to track tentacles, connections to the main body? Because so far we haven't seen something like this here for example. Does the respective four beast die once this connection is severed? Have we seen that beasts are capable of remote control (besides Nitro robots?) and wireless communication?

Damn way more questions then answers.
    Only one thing actually confirmed:
    The main body does look much more like the main body during its introduction.

Also I don't see many resemblance between the main body and a Nitro.
    It is a little bit closer to the mummified, dried Nitro but not much as well.
    Maybe it is an evolutionary ancestor but so far the connection is very vague.
    Possible it is a larvae form as well (Nitros mode of reproduction is unknown) and that is why the four beasts return occasionally (it is mating season and they only produce an offspring). That would be possible since they live very long and can hibernate as well. So the birth rate would be rather low. But this is rather speculative now.
    The mouth looks more fish than bird like.
    Last edited by Umbra Wolf; August 02, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast