Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Toriko 198 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 198 Discussion Thread

Now reading this chapter, I do want more character development on each individual heavenly king. I believe we will likely get a flashback about their past, how they met the president and the early days. But I'm not sure whether we will get a flashback about them meeting their pets. I mean Quin is quite the beast (this chapter did prove that), I always wondered why she is following Sani. Especially after the great hype she got. Definitely like to know how she met Sani. But not only Quin, Coco and the Dharma horse too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pea's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

So Toriko's opponent is level 127, Coco's is 140.

Are they equally strong? I mean those beasts. 13 level for those over 100 lvl monsters doesn't seem to be a huge gap, but still I'm wondering if that poison creature is the strongest. Cuz that number is just unbelievable for me.

And what about Sani and Zebra? Still unknown what their beasts' levels are. Judging by how they look, I would give Octomonster the level of 133, and Lavaturtle is probably something about 139 or maybe even above 140...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darkp's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

So did Terry sense the Real beast or it's master ?
    People Live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true . That is how they define "reality" .
    But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirrage .
    Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world , shaped by their beliefs .

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkp View Post
    Possible yeah, would explain why she did turn away from Gaou

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing the real beast.

This master thing just seems odd. I get the feeling he is not with Midora's group, so I guess a independent man? If he is even human in the first place. A nitro does not rly git the silhouette, thus at this point a human seems to be more likely. And that is the odd part. I just understand what a iindepended human could benefit from this act.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought food immersion was only taught by Chin that's why Chiyo was sent to kill him and prevent other people from learning it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Terry must have sensed the real beasts body.
    Maybe he hasnt had time in the midst of battle, to try to inform Toriko what's really going on.
    it seems completely bizarre that the 4 beats are all part of another creature. (I'd estimate its full form capture level to be around 200 and takes the qualities of the 4 beats).
    The question is in order for its body to reform would'nt that mean one of the 4HKs would lose?

@BlackHair What flashback are you looking for, It was already explained, although not in great detail, how each of the 4 heavenly kings came by their companions.
    Not much of an explanation is given especially for zebera. I imagine he grunted at the horse and it followed him.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nightshade_nova's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Zebra definitely learnt Food Honor, since he met a dharma hermit.

About the 'mastermind', I wont be surprised if its Kousairou, since he was cast under suspicions in previous chapter by the president.Him treasuring chefs = kidnap all the good chef before human world gets wiped out.
    My Bleach predictions (made 12th October 2010)-
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

apparently they all did. I dont remember anything previously stating Coco learned it but in this chapter he said himself he learned food honor. I think Toriko learned more than the other because I think he is the only one able to do food immersion.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    apparently they all did. I dont remember anything previously stating Coco learned it but in this chapter he said himself he learned food honor. I think Toriko learned more than the other because I think he is the only one able to do food immersion.
    No it even says in this chapter that Coco learned food immersion.

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I had stated this already, but back then as Yoda cooked for the 4 kings, he served meals optimal for food immersion. Clearly he wasn't only referring to Toriko, but all of them! So again, everyone can use food honour. I mean they ate the bubble fruit after all (yes, I think Rin can use FD as well). I'm aware it was cooked, but it is the FH temple treasure. Only after sincere appreciation it appeared in front of Toriko. So even prepared, FD should be still necessary in order to eat it. I mean there already exist cooked food which needs FD, so why would be the temple treasure a exception?!

Furthermore there seems to exist a dark version of food honour as well. As it was stated in 189 (panel 6). So even if Zebra does not fit the "appreciation" category, there exist another type in which he might fit in. But I do think he ahs learned the light/good version of FD, just like the rest. Having all this information, it evidently that FD is a technique everyone will have. Just like haki in One Piece.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4