Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XLI Thread!!!

Venom65437

Re: Super Bowl XLI Thread!!!

The Bears biggest concern? Rex Grossman. Peyton's biggest concern? Rex Grossman.

He's a UF QB after all!

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Venom65437
    The Bears biggest concern? Rex Grossman. Peyton's biggest concern? Rex Grossman.

He's a UF QB after all!
    Yeah, But Peyton's from Tennessee, and UT > UF

notalwaysright.com = story of my life.
    Personal Blog

Venom65437

Yea but Peyton Manning = 0-3 vs. UF

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm from Chicago so I have to cheer for the Bears on this one

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member qwan3356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea but Peyton Manning = 0-3 vs. UF
    And on top of that, he has never won the big game in anything from hs thru college

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now, I'm super happy that the colts are winning and most likely they'll keep the win so I honestly believe the Colts will win for sure now.

Thanks goes to Lyra!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blah, I never expected that interception in the 4th quarter which gave the Colts a humongous lead. I'm for Chicago and that really got my hopes down. xD lol

But 7:43 left on the clock, Chicago can still manage to win or go overtime possibly.

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for the Colts <3 It's been a long time coming for Peyton Manning. I just hope they keep it up for the last 6 minutes[br]Posted on: February 04, 2007, 10:42:31 PM_________________________________________________IT'S OFFICIAL!!! THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS HAVE WON THE 2007 SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEHA!

notalwaysright.com = story of my life.
    Personal Blog

Venom65437

Well, I'm going to start with what I thought the Bears biggest problem was. Rex Grossman. How this guy continues to keep his starting job, I'll never know. He had four turnovers all by himself and they were stupid, dumbass mistakes. He just plain sucks.

I thought the Bears defense did pretty well considering they were on the field for about 80 plays. They kept their team in the game, and gave the Bears a chance to win. But that doesn't matter when your offense can't score.

The Bears special teams overall were pretty good. Devin Hester's KO return really set the tone early, and the Bears kicking game did well.

For the Colts, on offense they obviously played pretty well. They moved the ball better on the ground then I thought they would, and they made the Bears pay for going for the ball instead of going for the runner. Peyton played pretty well overall, making some big throws under pressure.

On defense, hey, most anyone can look good on D with Rex Grossman on the other side. Seriously though, Indy's D stepped up at critical points all game, and of course sealed the deal with the INT returned for the TD. Indy's D has been good all post-season.

Indy's special teams were VERY suspect, allowing a KO return, a missed FG, and a botched extra point, but at the end of the day, it didn't matter.

Overall, I think the better team won today. I figured Rex Grossman would have to play well for Chicago to have a chance and he completely imploded. I'm happy for Peyton. He's a great QB and he deserves to win a championship, and I'm glad he won't have to hear it like my favorite player, Dan Marino, about never winning because his team couldn't get it done. Indy's defense and running game really stepped up this post-season, and it's a well deserved victory.

No matter what happens from here on out, Peyton will no longer have to hear all the unfair criticism about him. Congrats Colts!

By the way, the AFC has won 8 of the past 10 Super Bowls!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member qwan3356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And as everyone fiqured Rex Grossman sucks and he could show up in the big game. and i totally agree wit you venom65437, i don't know how he keeps his job every week too. its amazing, he really sucks. and it wasn't fair that they defense played so hard but time wears you down because they were on the field way too long, they got turnovers and stops but time kills you. I feel sad for that Defense because they have to put up with Rex as their QB.

Venom65437

Yea, UF QB's blow. I'd never draft one in a zillion years, even if they threw for 35,000 yards and 200 TD's in college.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, the AFC has won 8 of the past 10 Super Bowls!
    wasn't there a commentary about the NFC winning the coin toss 8 or 10 times in a row? hmm, seems fishy. Oh well with no caps this year Seahawks have a better chance going to the super bowl, say hello to the new Yankees

Venom65437

Yes the NFC has won the coin toss 10 years in a row, pretty incredible.

And what do you mean no cap? There is a salary cap still, it went up a lot though, so a lot of teams have a lot of money to spend.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

There is still a cap manu. In 2006 the salary cap was approximately $102 million, and next season it will be approximately $109 million which is the largest increase in the history.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this super bowl was pretty mediocre. I mean, lots of mistakes and otherwise sloppy play plus the fact that the colts dominated the game for the majority of it. I was fighting for Rex Grossman against some Bears fans but then he fucked it up and gave the game away. He lost his job but who the hell are they going to get to replace him?

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast