Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the chapter!

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

110 83.97%
  • Good!

15 11.45%
  • Regular

2 1.53%
  • Boring...

0 0%
  • Bad!

4 3.05%
New Reply
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 294 Discussion/ 295 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 294 Discussion/ 295 Predictions

You know, I've been thinking about what the fifth event could be, but if it involves all five participants of all the teams, I can't think of many. The only posssibilities I came up with are magical versions of the following:
    1. Battle Royale;
    2. Race (most likely a relay race);
    3. Scavenger Hunt;
    4. Capture The Flag (and keeping it within the alloted time limit);
    5. Protect the King (the game where one of the participants in a each team is a 'king', and the other members have to protect their king from opposing team(s)).

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Edelheld's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olho07 View Post
    If this were a discussion about real life or a serious manga, I would take into account your arguments without blinking.
    But we are talking about Fairy Tail, a shonen manga with fanservice orientation. There isn't the slightest possibility of Mashima detail cases of trauma. Pay attention that I haven't spoken 3 months for her to recover from the trauma, I talked 3 months for her to return to old form. So far there is no evidence that Mirajana hasn't recovered.
    Even though she is still frightened by some ghosts, this tournament doesn't put her siblings at risk, thus, she is able to fight as much as Gray.
    I personally thought that manga has "Friendship is magic" orientation =) But that's not the point
    Why there isn't such possibility? If it's shonen manga it doesn't mean it has to be simple.
    And the only reason Mira lost her power is her mental problem, so it's safe to assume that her power returns as she progresses in recovering.
    See how you progress from "mop the floor" to "she is able to fight as much as Gray"? =)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    I think the original point wasn't that she's a traumatized wreck, I think it's that she didn't go back to how she was before Lisanna's not quite death. Mira used to be the biggest yankee in the guild. Now she's a yamato nadeshiko. She doesn't fight anymore for the sake of fighting. Lisanna coming back didn't change that.
    I agree completely. This reason is more than enough for Gray to stay in the group in her place. Gray wants to fight, she doesn't.
    The question is: I understand that sometimes willpower can make difference, but Mirajane was always stronger than Gray. The personality change won't make her weaker.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people need to realize something. Mirajane is a minor character who has sudden bursts of importance which is usually when the whole guild is in trouble such as the Laxus arc and during the S rank exam.

Natsu, Lucy are the main characters with Gray, Happy and Erza forming up the last of the main characters. Wendy, Charla, Juvia and Gajeel switch in and out depending on the arc.

Everyone else in FT is relatively minor in appearances even if they are your favorites. Mashima does a good job using all his introduced characters in most arcs.

Team Natsu has always been consistent with 5 members and a 6th for some arcs. Mirajane is not part of that team at any time. Thus she is passed over in favor of Gajeel and Gray who have a place on FT team during the tournament for plot or personal reasons.

I think most of us can agree that Mirajane is very powerful character but being powerful doesn't mean you will be on the team.

Laxus is an exception of course.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

wow!! i think the discussion about Gray and Mira are over.. but it seem it still continue.. weird isn't it..

does white drive & shadow drive can only be use because the 2 of them have a lachryma. I want to see what iron/metal drive look like on Gazeele.. a thousand piece of metal surround his body or his body totally become full metal.. another thing about Rogue & Sting DF it look like their scale are just like a stripes and from Grandyne look.. if Wendy achieve DF will her body becomes hairy..

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes all power level comparing should be done and over with in this thread.

For those that wish to continue debating the use of magic or how characters compare to each other through their use of magic, I have created a thread for just that.

The Use of Magic and All Things Related"

Be warned that if conversations happen in that thread, that it may contain spoilers.

Enjoy!

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

But we are talking about Fairy Tail, a shonen manga with fanservice orientation. There isn't the slightest possibility of Mashima detail cases of trauma.
    Gray's and Elsa's pasts weren't both fan service and detail cases of trauma? That actually classifies both as main characters, while Mira's past was always shown in small flashback shreds. So Mira was never a main character. Not even in the X778 special chapter where she was shown as strongest rival of Elsa who was bullying Natsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    I personally thought that manga has "Friendship is magic" orientation =)
    No, he was perfectly right with the fan service orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by moonster x View Post
    I want to see what iron/metal drive look like on Gazeele.. a thousand piece of metal surround his body or his body totally become full metal..
    Well, in that case, we may have already whitnessed him going into "iron force" in his fight against Natsu, haven't we?

I think what may have become handy fo real are Rogue's and Sting's lachryma as they possibly work as "second origin" for them. Once they use the first container they can replenish from the second origin to have enough magical power to go into Dragon Force.

Gajeel back in his fight against Natsu was eating scrap iron all along, and then got his iron scale skin...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Gray's and Elsa's pasts weren't both fan service and detail cases of trauma? That actually classifies both as main characters, while Mira's past was always shown in small flashback shreds. So Mira was never a main character. Not even in the X778 special chapter where she was shown as strongest rival of Elsa who was bullying Natsu.

Well, in that case, we may have already whitnessed him going into "iron force" in his fight against Natsu, haven't we?

I think what may have become handy fo real are Rogue's and Sting's lachryma as they possibly work as "second origin" for them. Once they use the first container they can replenish from the second origin to have enough magical power to go into Dragon Force.

Gajeel back in his fight against Natsu was eating scrap iron all along, and then got his iron scale skin...
    Ya pretty sure that wasn't a full blown dragon force though. We've seen Natsu pull out in desperation a couple of times but that's it. So hopefully they can learn to summon it up here.

While I really enjoy seeing FT whoop their asses (that was excellent), I would like to see this fight push natsu and gajeel. So hopefully this will do it. Of all the mangas on break this week, I was looking forward to FT the most. Oh well.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm.. i forgot about that fight.. (dammit.. i want to see Gazeele have an iron aura like fire with Natsu or shadow with Rogue.. i guess its impossible )if that so doesn't it means Rogue and Sting level when using the drive just the same with or up a little bit from Gazeele years ago.. not that strong huhh.. that why the DS secret technique Sting used are useless against Natsu now.. and they said they killed their dragon parents with the drive? its a total bs.. DF make much more senses.. we still don't know how strong their DF but maybe this DF magic strength is not a pushover and will make Natsu and Gazeele on their knees.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

One does not negates another. "Friendship is magical boobies" manga orientation is OK too =)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    And the only reason Mira lost her power is her mental problem, so it's safe to assume that her power returns as she progresses in recovering.
    See how you progress from "mop the floor" to "she is able to fight as much as Gray"? =)
    The case is: she have total control over her power now, she fights whenever she wants.

I honestly don't know why it is difficult to see this.
    Is different from when she fought the Freed and she went into a State of fury.
    Now in the tournament, she was calm, joyful, having a modeling contest with her rival and poofff Satan Soul being released.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moonster x View Post
    and they said they killed their dragon parents with the drive? its a total bs
    Did they say that drive was what killed the dragons? I thought they were just boasting about their magic. Considering that they would have been 3ish when their dragons should have left. 5 at best. I always thought they'd have had to have learned most of their skills the way Wendy learned her secret technique. By reading on them.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

The case is: she have total control over her power now, she fights whenever she wants.
    ghostexiled created a special thread for that: The Use of Magic and All Things Related", I'll answer you there

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    Did they say that drive was what killed the dragons? I thought they were just boasting about their magic. Considering that they would have been 3ish when their dragons should have left. 5 at best. I always thought they'd have had to have learned most of their skills the way Wendy learned her secret technique. By reading on them.
    If we assume they're supposed to be the same as Natsu and Gajeel's apparent age of 18-19, they'd have been 4-5 like Wendy when the other dragons vanished.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just placing them at Lucy's. I figured that was a good base for Sting but I'd buy Rogue being older.

New Reply
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast