Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: What are the truths sasuke is seeking?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the truths sasuke is seeking?

I found this thread opened by my friend Addy on NF, which i thought was really interesting and thought provoking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addy View Post
    i have been seeing threads about who will sasuke ask but not what he will ask? or to be more specific, what he will learn?

sasuke asked:

1- what is a village?
    2- what is a clan?
    3- what is a shinobi?
    4- who am i?
    5- what is itachi?
    6- what is it that made itachi love konoha so much?
    7- what started all this?

well, lets say you are "them". what would do you think they would answer?.

i think we might finally get an answer to why itachi loves konoha so much and what happened to him at 4 years old?.
    so i wonder what do you guys think about this?
    Last edited by ashher; July 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are the truths sasuke is seeking?

Sasuke wants to know if what he's doing is worth it, aswell as if what Itachi did was worth it. Itachi chose the village over his family and clan, yet Sasuke can't understand this choice, so he wants to know the difference between a clan and a village aswell as which one a shinobi should fight for. Should they owe allegience to their village or their family/clan? He's probably thinking "should I support the village instead, since Itachi's more knowledgable than me and chose them without hesitation."

As for "who am I," he's wondering whether he's actually an avenger or just a revenge-fueled terrorist. Is what he's doing justified? He's acknowledged that he's not doting on the revenge... but the hatred isn't gone. At least he's willing to shove that hatred down for a while to hear out some answers... which is a start. It was probably the revelation that his father accepted Itachi's decision that helped him feel this way.

As for "Them". I think that he could be either referring to his parents (Sasuke remembers Itachi claiming he could have changed their family if he were honest with him right before he mentions speaking to "them"), or Danzo's allies (the two old geezers). I'd prefer if he learned all this from the nin-cats though... but that's just me.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Umm, what i exactly wanted to know is that what answers you guys would give to sasuke if you were the persons to whom sasuke came and asked.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    ^ Umm, what i exactly wanted to know is that what answers you guys would give to sasuke if you were the persons to whom sasuke came and asked.
    I'm sure we would give him the truth, but we have no ideal what that is. If you mean the seven questions, well i'll give it a shot.

1- what is a village?
    A village is your HOME, you protect it with your life whether its right cause or wrong.

2- what is a clan?
    A clan is the pride you have within yourself to become strong and powerful, to protect the village.

3- what is a shinobi?
    A shinobi is TOOL used to help a village grow strong and profitable.

4- who am i?(Sasuke)
    A mixed up and confused warrior(not a shinobi) who is on a mission to find his meaning in life.

5- what is itachi?
    A PRODIGY, Genius, a true shinobi,and a BEAST.

He love what Konoha stood for.

TOBI.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to me, Sasuke's questions are bound to be answered by some sort of connection with the dead Uchiha or something like this.

That or he manages to talk to some sort of sages that could guide him. Maybe even the Snake Sages.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    I'm sure we would give him the truth, but we have no ideal what that is. If you mean the seven questions, well i'll give it a shot.

1- what is a village?
    A village is your HOME, you protect it with your life whether its right cause or wrong.

2- what is a clan?
    A clan is the pride you have within yourself to become strong and powerful, to protect the village.

3- what is a shinobi?
    A shinobi is TOOL used to help a village grow strong and profitable.

4- who am i?(Sasuke)
    A mixed up and confused warrior(not a shinobi) who is on a mission to find his meaning in life.

5- what is itachi?
    A PRODIGY, Genius, a true shinobi,and a BEAST.

He love what Konoha stood for.

TOBI.
    i am pretty sure the older son of the sage of six paths started everything?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i am pretty sure the older son of the sage of six paths started everything?
    I thought the question meant what Started Sasuke's problems.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher
    I remember, it's just... nothing I tell him would matter if I'm not the "them" that knows everything. He's specifically choosing "them", because they know the truth of what happened.

And we don't know that truth yet. We know as much as Sasuke does. If I knew the truth it would change my opinion on what all these questions should be answered with. But we'll just go with my personal, non-canon opinions.

1: A village is the people that reside in the same city as yourself. People you should be able to trust. Kind of like distant family or aquaintances. To you as a Konoha shinobi however, they are the "King", the ones you're meant to protect.

2: A clan is your extended family. Closer than you are to the villagers, but not as close as immediate family. You probably have fond memories of these people, and probably feel angry when thinking of their loss. Even then, you shouldn't feel obligated to avenge them against people that haven't hurt them.

3: A shinobi is a soldier meant to help protect their village aswell as take on missions from those who hire them (usually those that don't want to fight on their own). Some think of them as simply tools, but it's important to remember these tools are people.

4: You are the last Uchiha. Rather than fight for the pride of the Uchiha, you're confirming Danzo's suspicions that all Uchiha are little more than hate-filled warmongers. It further sullies the name of the strongest clan in the days of old and makes things worse.

5: Itachi is your beloved brother who attempted to protect the village and brother that he loved through sacrifice and...deciept. Yes, he was young, and yes he was working with a time limit... but there were likely better ways to handle the situation. Still, he was on the right track, and killing those that he protected is no way to honor him.

6: Itachi grew up in a time of war, so the sense of comeraderie and family that he didn't get from his clan was received from his brothers-in-arms. He saw men dying to protect others, and saw what real heroes were. The will of fire was a fantastical concept compared to his father's preaching of a coup and murder, and he didn't want to see that extinguished. So he fought to protect them.

7: Madara's battle with Shodaime most likely. It put such a fear in the hearts of Konoha's higher ups that they wanted to avoid any chance of another Madara Uchiha appearing.
    Last edited by ninjabot; July 30, 2012 at 12:50 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Well , I think Sasuke will found that Rickodo was son of Jubi and he rebeled against his father ..... it is like one on Tengo stories ....

I really don't think Itachi chooses village over his clan , he merely chose his brother safety over both clan and village ..... and about what he said to Sasuke . well in fact he was under " protect konoha genjutsu " !

I think Hashirama and Madara had more reason than peace to make an alliance ....
    Last edited by shafagh; July 30, 2012 at 01:19 AM.
    خداحافظ

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is my take on it: I myself have little idea as to what sort of answers kishimoto will ultimately go for, but if i were the writer, then i think i'd have made all those unknown answers somehow tied with the theme of 'sacrifice'. Take the jet lee movie 'hero' for an example. (spoiler warning for anyone who hasn't seen it): A rebel from Zhao wants to avenge the genocide his countrymen suffered from, yet when the opportunity to kill the emperor presents, he gives up on it for the 'highest ideal' of peace. Its not really the bravery of the victorious which brings peace, rather the sacrifice of the defeated. If it were mine to decide, then the 'truths' would've turned out to be that uchihas were heroes for rebelling to change the village, and itachi was a hero for suppressing the rebellion for the sake of the village.'Village' is the highest ideal, equivalent to peace, and sasuke would come to understand why both itachi and his dad had so much respect for each other even though they chose two opposite paths. Because they both did everything for the sake of the village. Once sasuke understands that, he'll be able to rid himself of the blind hatred and would confront naruto in the final battle not because he hates konoha, but for her redemption...and because he'd differ from naruto as to how konoha may atone for her sins.
    Last edited by ashher; July 30, 2012 at 02:56 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    Well , I think Sasuke will found that Rickodo was son of Jubi and he rebeled against his father ..... it is like one on Tengo stories ....

I really don't think Itachi chooses village over his clan , he merely chose his brother safety over both clan and village ..... and about what he said to Sasuke . well in fact he was under " protect konoha genjutsu " !

I think Hashirama and Madara had more reason than peace to make an alliance ....
    I agree. Itachi did help the konoha to kill his entire clansmen to protect sasuke. Danzo clearly stated that itachi can fight together with his clan and be killed together with them or fight along with konoha to save his brother. So it seems to me itachi doesn't have any choice. Helping the konoha to save his little brother is enough for him to sacrifice his clan and his parents. Yeah, for the sake of his little brother.

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

^ its true that sasuke was the biggest factor in itachi's decision in choosing sides, yet its not like itachi did not favor konoha over uchiha coup.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty interesting thread, as it is really open for interpretations on how one's views the manga.

1- what is a village?
    Home.
    Not to sound corny, but in the Narutoverse the village is a ninja's home, is the place he fights to protect, together with his ( I'll quote Haku ) precious persons.
    Yet being home doesn't mean you have to abide to its every egoistical whim
    2- what is a clan?
    Pretty much what ninjabot said
    3- what is a shinobi?
    A shinobi is a soldier whose role is to serve his village, accomplishing his mission by every means necessary.
    4- who am i?
    A kid that finally is walking on his own two feet, and the last of the Uchihas, and probably the one that will determine the clan's fate, and how it will go down in the world's history.
    5- what is itachi?
    A hero
    A mixture of his own and Shisui's ideals, its inhabitants and Sasuke himself
    Rikudou and his decision to split his powers, gifting them to his sons.
    Should he minded his own business, all this wouldn't have happened

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

1- what is a village?
    A village is a place. For some, it's more than a home, while for others, it's just a place to temporarily stay at.

2- what is a clan?
    A clan is family.

3- what is a shinobi?
    Shinobi are emotionless tools used to protect their village and bring it prosperity.

4- who am i?
    You are a person whose mind is like a canvas, it can be painted on top of each other according to the painter, like Orochimaru or Itachi or Tobi. You are someone who loved your family and had to see their deaths at hands of someone you trusted and loved. While you may be very smart and talented, you do not have the wisdom your brother had, you only think with your emotions and what you want. You are someone who is still ignorant of the world.

5- what is itachi?
    Itachi is sacrifice, the person who keeps Konoha alight by working in the darkness. Itachi is an embodiment of love, protection, and sacrifice who was willing to be hated and scorned by Konoha in order to protect it and his little brother. Who Itachi is is a true shinobi, just like Kakashi and Minato.

Konoha was his home, and the citizens were a part of his family. Like how Hiruzen and Minato felt about Konoha, Itachi felt the same. Patriotic pride.

Ultimately, Rikudou Sennin choosing the younger brother over the elder one.

Madara's defection. Uchiha and Senju finally found peace until Madara decided to rebel. If nothing else, that's what probably started it or made the mistrust worse. Not only that, but Madara could have also made sure things were equal.

Then Tobi freed the Kyuubi. And Minato never warned anyone that it was Tobi who did it, not the Uchiha. Pretty sure if Uchiha were part of the event, then they'd have attacked Konoha.

New Reply