Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kubo Tite - Health & Rankings

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Kubo Tite - Health & Rankings

It might be interesting to say what you think of it, but it kind of disrupted the chapter prediction thread, so here we are.

Currently, is it plausible that Kubo takes the reactions of fans too much into his heart? His fragile health is nothing new, but a sudden illness after hundreds (thousands?) of enraged fans flood his twitter and I'm only guessing telephones of WSJ or something like that? I remember him saying (in an interview) that he wouldn't listen to fans anymore and would do only what he wants, but.. well hopefully not. I can imagine him being a little down after he makes this awesome (and yep, that's what I think, and many people agree, I think) arc and Bleach stays in the bottom (...well I do not understand that at all, but whatever...) of the rankings.
    Last edited by Darjaille; August 01, 2012 at 06:05 AM.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 502 Discussion / 503 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Heya, we got a info from a (confirmed) spoiler provider that Bleach is unexpectedly absent this week. No chapter now, and since this week is a double issue (Obon Week incoming), there won't be a magazine next week as well (though possible are earlier than usual spoilers, I expect them somewhen on August 13/14, maybe).

So.... Brace yourselves
    Ughhhhh For REAL??? geez thats super lame. Bleach is always on my mind right now, at work, driving, with my girl friend lol (obviously i wouldnt tell her that tho, it was bad enough trying to get her to watch Trigun with me). I'm lucky she loves me for me lol. I "came out" to a bunch of my coworkers, including the hot girls telling them last week on wednesday that "im in a bad mood, one of my favorite comic book characters just died!" i later told them it was a manga/anime. Don't think they expected ME of all people to be a manga reader lmao. Idc tho i think its hilarious that they know, i always joke around about it now.
    Last edited by Darjaille; July 31, 2012 at 10:54 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Heya, we got a info from a (confirmed) spoiler provider that Bleach is unexpectedly absent this week. No chapter now, and since this week is a double issue (Obon Week incoming), there won't be a magazine next week as well (though possible are earlier than usual spoilers, I expect them somewhen on August 13/14, maybe).

So.... Brace yourselves
    Worst spoiler I've ever got.
    Even worse than having watched the tail end of Ulquiorra's battle with Ichigo before even watching Ep.1!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 502 Discussion / 503 Predictions *BLEACH IS ABSENT THIS WEEK

Why Kubo, Kubo why?

Seriously though, I hope Kubo is fine. The latest chapter makes me worry about his health considering the rabid fans all authors have and the pressure he is most likely under due to the low rankings Bleach has been getting recently.

I'm sure he will bounce back soon with an even more epic chapter. 503 should be a good color page comeback with a healthy dosage of Quincy pwnage and Shinigami counter attacks.
    Last edited by crimsonlink310; July 31, 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Heya, we got a info from a (confirmed) spoiler provider that Bleach is unexpectedly absent this week.
    Its because of those byakuya fangirls and fanboys hounding kubo, i hope he's safe :'O

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

NOOOOOOOOO i need my bleach fix!!! damn those fanbitches and there hounding ways, Kubo you best of been on a weeks piss up and just out right couldnt be bothered to do bleach this week, i don't wanna hear that you missed it due to Fan disapproval of your scripting.... ITS YOUR MANGA YOU DO WHAT YOU LIKE WITH IT
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    NOOOOOOOOO i need my bleach fix!!! damn those fanbitches and there hounding ways, Kubo you best of been on a weeks piss up and just out right couldnt be bothered to do bleach this week, i don't wanna hear that you missed it due to Fan disapproval of your scripting.... ITS YOUR MANGA YOU DO WHAT YOU LIKE WITH IT
    there is an easy fix for kubo. byakuya got sliced by hollow ichigo while he is in bankai second stage. during the exchange he received hollow powers, but the power laid dormant. then next chapter, the power will awaken due to excess guilt of not inability to protect the shinigami pride and beloved ones.byakuya's eyes changing is a sign of this.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

to protest byakuyas death, the fangirls/ fanboys filled kubo tite's house and office with cherry blossoms. due to overdose, tite got alergetic and had severe asthma trauma like ukitake.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Come on now, BLEACH has been on fire lately, I need to see more Shinigami slaying! Seriously though, I hope Kubo is alright.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo is obviously haunted by the ghost of byakuya's wife. Her anger has driven him insane!!

Bummer there is no chapter this week. Its the only thing i look forward to mid week :/. Naruto currently sucks in comparison.

I thought with the change in pace and the story flowing better like in ss that reviews would go up. Is bleach still doing poorly in rankings?! Wtf

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure that the guys right and it isn't a prank?

Has it been confirmed by a 2nd and 3rd person?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I did say that Kubo was in for a rude awakening after what he did to Byakuya. Sometimes its best to not show your balls to the fangirls, because they will clip them and squash them.

If it is true about the ratings, then its not really a huge shock. This whole thing just makes it less likely that Hitsugaya is going to even be injured. The amount of fangirls (who are boys) he has... Is ridiculous.

Hope things get back to the way they are. I do hate that the Mangaka does not get the full freedom to write whatever the hell he wants without being bombarded by fans. I like Odas style better, less fan service (from what i have seen) and more of his own ideas without GAF about how people want his story to go.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Japanese don't like quality, they like the same formula over and over again like they have for the past 30 years. That's why generic schoolgirl anime of the week sell more than quality works like Berserk or Vagabond. Bleach could become a literary masterpiece and it still wouldn't rank well without Hitsugaya taking the spotlight all the time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member clydu94's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The rankings don't matter considering the sales of Bleach. The sales of the Volume 55 prove it.

It has enter the HxH category : Poor Rankings, Crazy sales.

Hope Kubo gets well soon. Next chapter the 15th August.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    Japanese don't like quality, they like the same formula over and over again like they have for the past 30 years. That's why generic schoolgirl anime of the week sell more than quality works like Berserk or Vagabond. Bleach could become a literary masterpiece and it still wouldn't rank well without Hitsugaya taking the spotlight all the time.
    Quality has nothing to do with the actual audience, the genre and topic of a series. The ranking isn't about quality, but enjoyment of the chapter, was it every different? People who vote != number of fans. HxH was at the bottom despite being loved and being great.
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 31, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

as expected of Bleach. whenever things get interesting, they pull this s**t. so glad, i have other titles to read like "One Piece" and "Silver Spoon".

p.s., this is what Kubo meant by keeping the manga going for ten years, by stalling chapter releases like this.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast