Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kubo Tite - Health & Rankings

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kubo Tite - Health & Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    When i get sick, which isn't often, im still able to function.
    Than you haven't had a serious illness yet. Have fun working with something like Angina.

You can be sure that mangaka won't stop drawing for some common cold or something where they could work normally. There is a rumor that he suffer under pneumonia, so that can easily explain the absence. You have to consider assistents and the time pressure mangaka have to work with.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 01, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Than you haven't had a serious illness yet. Have fun working with something like Angina.

You can be sure that mangaka won't stop drawing for some common cold or something where they could work normally. There is a rumor that he suffer under pneumonia, so that can easily explain the absence. You have to consider assistents and the time pressure mangaka have to work with.
    No i haven't had a serious illness(which is why i said i have never even been seriously sick) so im still confused.
    Kubo suffers from some "illness" at least once a year. It doesn't make any sense for it to just be an random occurrence when it happens this often. Sooo from what i know he is either suffering from some continuous ongoing disease or is just bedridden for the sake of being bedridden.

There is a lot of pressure yes but this job isn't the most stressful job in the world. Maybe its just that i don't actively pay attention to other people's health.
    Last edited by NinjaStar; August 01, 2012 at 09:23 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No i haven't had a serious illness(which is why i said i have never even been seriously sick) so im still confused.
    Kubo suffers from some "illness" at least once a year. It doesn't make any sense for it to just be an random occurrence when it happens this often. Sooo from what i know he is either suffering from some continuous ongoing disease or is just bedridden for the sake of being bedridden.

There is a lot of pressure yes but this job isn't the most stressful job in the world.
    It is one of the most stressful jobs in the world, working nearly nonstop with a minimum of sleep and free time, how could you think otherwise? Please make yourself familiar with their working condictions. If you don't deliver, you don't get payed and recieve the hate hundreds of thousands of fans. [I don't intend to compare it to some mineworkes in a third world country.]

Some people have a weak immune system, I suffer under that to some degree, so some illnesses can come up rather chronic.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 01, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is one of the most stressful jobs in the world, working nearly nonstop with a minimum of sleep and free time, how could you think otherwise? Please make yourself familiar with their working condictions. If you don't deliver, you don't get payed and recieve the hate hundreds of thousands of fans. [I don't intend to compare it to some mineworkes in a third world country.]

Some people have a weak immune system, I suffer under that to some degree, so some illnesses can come up rather chronic.
    Oh so its just him(and a few other people) having a weak immune system thats the problem. I never understood that concept, i thought it was something fake like Santa or global warming(i kid, i kid). Still if he knows that his immune system is weak don't you think he should make precautions?

He does get the plus side of doing what he loves and being loved for it, right? Thats more than a lot of people can say.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot of pressure yes but this job isn't the most stressful job in the world. Maybe its just that i don't actively pay attention to other people's health.
    Drawing 19 pages a week twice (initial sketch, and then the clean version) isn't stressful? Here's a comment Hiroshi Shibashi's schedule, author of Nurarihyon no Mago:
    Spoiler show

3 hours free time in a week packed with 7 days full of work for fans who then go rage on twitter for some shitstorm because their favorite character is said to have died.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Still if he knows that his immune system is weak don't you think he should make precautions?

He does get the plus side of doing what he loves and being loved for it, right? Thats more than a lot of people can say.
    Like living in a sterile bunker for the rest of his life? There are cases of mangaka going on hiatus for months, years or even forever due to the work stress.

It's not his problem if you or somebody else doesn't get their dream job. Working in the industry you imagined to work as a child doesn't make it any less stressful.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather Kubo take a break if he's sick than having him croak on the job and live the rest of my life not knowing how Bleach ends.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like living in a sterile bunker for the rest of his life? There are cases of mangaka going on hiatus for months, years or even forever due to the work stress.

It's not his problem if you or somebody else doesn't get their dream job. Working in the industry you imagined to work as a child doesn't make it any less stressful.
    Maybe he should get some tougher skin then. Hearing little fanboys and girls complain is no reason to fall into a coma. Now i understand if he actually has a health problem that prevents him from working but the way you are making it sound it sounds like he just needs to get laid or something.

He does get few weeks off from golden week which he doesn't have to produce a chapter that week and he has weeks off from whenever he gets "ill" so i would say thats more than enough time to get his health checked out.

And im just saying if your going to be working to make ends meet then its best that you are doing it for something you love, are loved for, and became famous for. People at least recognize his talents, thats more than a lot of other unnoticed workers can say.
    Last edited by NinjaStar; August 01, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually being a mangaka is really tiring . After reading Bakuman i started to have real respect for all the mangakas out there . They are practically living for this , that's why it's really sad fans don't appreciate this at all . I hope Kubo sensei gets better and will stop giving a damn about those types of mean comments .

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he should get some tougher skin then. Hearing little fanboys and girls complain is no reason to fall into a coma. Now i understand if he actually has a health problem that prevents him from working but the way you are making it sound it sounds like he just needs to get laid or something.

He does get few weeks off from golden week which he doesn't have to produce a chapter that week and he has weeks off from whenever he gets "ill" so i would say thats more than enough time to get his health checked out.

Eh what? Mangaka have their fair share of love and sex or else Oda or Kishimoto wouldn't have children already...

It's not about getting checked out in a hospital... you don't cure a serious illness within a day, even worse if it's one you can't protect yourself from or one that comes back damnin you to some bigger treatment.

P.S.: Weeks? More like a week. Also is there a need to put the ill in ""? There is no need to feign illness, when he could just as well say that it's for research.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 01, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And im just saying if your going to be working to make ends meet then its best that you are doing it for something you love, are loved for, and became famous for. People at least recognize his talents, thats more than a lot of other unnoticed workers can say.
    In the manga industry, if you don't have tough skin then you are screwed and will likely quit fast. Kubo has lasted this long with little trouble so he does not need tough skin.

Kubo is sick so of course he won't work until he gets better. Schabrak explained that Kubo was sick, not in need of getting laid.

Its may be easy sometimes to get your health checked out, but that doesn't mean your sickness automatically goes away.

Also guess what? Golden week only happens during the end of April and beginning of May.

What was the point of the last bit of your post?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

People get breaks in any occupation. Vacation time, sabbatical, etc. Assuming you don't work now, the same will happen to you. And you will probably really appreciate those breaks because being a working adult is stressful in itself. Unless you don't plan on having a car, or living in a house, or having food to eat, or having children, or whatever. And you would probably get ticked when people tell you to man up when you are tired from working all the time or they think you aren't actually tired or sick when you are.

Even if Kubo wasn't sick, he fully deserves any and every break he gets, because week after week, we have Bleach to read.
    And I'm willing to bet a lot of us don't pay for Weekly Shonen Jump, so.......

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3