Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Epic

55 27.09%
  • 4 Good

102 50.25%
  • 3 Average

32 15.76%
  • 2 Boring

6 2.96%
  • 1 Bad

1 0.49%
  • 0 Awful

7 3.45%
New Reply
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 597 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Alexis's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 597 Discussion / 598 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Doing math, Kakashi was 26 at the beginning of Naruto, while Naruto was 12.
    Naruto was born the night of the attack, meaning 26-12=14.
    Obito and Kakashi were 13 when the former died, meaning that, if Tobi was Obito, he did more in a year than Kakashi did in 16.
    Considering that at the end of part 1 Kakashi was 27, and that he showed the Mangekyo at 29, we can safely assume he got that form in the time-skip.
    Even if he acquired it at the very beginning, is still 14 years worth of training, missions and battles from a prodigy compared to 1 year from an average, normal guy.
    Well Sasuke grew quite exponentially after 2-3 years with Orochimaru. With a teacher like Madara, who knows how far someone gets in 1-2 years.
    Though I'd prefer not to bring it up, there is the possibility of time passing by slower in the other dimension, since Tobi can transport himself at an extremely fast speed, according to Zetsu. And it is a time/space ninjutsu.
    So if Tobi has spent some time in there, and that is indeed the case, then he could have learned more in there in two years than he would on the outside. Though that seems like a bit of a ripoff from Bleach and DBZ if that's the case.
    Last edited by Alexis; August 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

of all the uchihas that were out there , why did tobi have to take obito's eye ? there were stronger uchihas out there , how would he have known that obito's eye would have develpoed into having space time ninjutsu ?

how can it be rin ? shes was a teenage girl during the war and a few years later she became a man , she got kidnapped by some shinobi during the war and a few year later shes teleporting all over the place , managing to release the kyuubi and causing the death of both minato and kushina.. seriously rin ? o_0

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dattebayo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Matt, the one thing I think everyone has in common tho is that we all want this cleared up ASAP so we can move on to the next thing to make us all disagree on

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    of all the uchihas that were out there , why did tobi have to take obito's eye ? there were stronger uchihas out there , how would he have known that obito's eye would have develpoed into having space time ninjutsu ?

how can it be rin ? shes was a teenage girl during the war and a few years later she became a man , she got kidnapped by some shinobi during the war and a few year later shes teleporting all over the place , managing to release the kyuubi and causing the death of both minato and kushina.. seriously rin ? o_0
    Well as someone who knows as much as he does (whoever Tobi is he knows a lot of info) will know of the possibility of each Uchiha eye holding a unique ability, Shisui's and Obito's obviously, a Sharingan for any ninja is a prize, but if you know of the advanced capabilities which most would not, then taking it makes sense.. even for an established Uchiha.

That's even if Tobi is an Uchiha, we dont see him use the main Uchiha skills.. even ET Madara uses the Katon set of skills. Susanoo etc etc.. we have only seen Tobi use Izanagi (which Danzou also did) and the Uchiha barrier thing - which we don't know if its Uchiha exclusive.
    Last edited by Dattebayo!; August 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

anyway,kishi won't show tobi's face for a while,and that's fair,as we wouldn't care much about the rest. therefore kishi will show in a flashback kakashi's past (kakashi gaiden 2), with rin's death,and then he will reveal tobi's identity!!!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I'm not sure about that...to be fair, we don't see when the kunai finished vanishing, as Kishi puts it, because it's not on panel...the last panel still shows the kunai under Kamui a bit...and the kunai was heading towards Naruto...but in this chapter we are shown, that the kunai actually hits Tobi from behind...so the direction works...

The only debatable thing is where the kunai is when it finished vanishing...but there aren't any detailed panels for that, so I will take Kishi's worf on that...

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    If the translation at mangareader is accurate, Kishi's bullshitting with the position thing again

Remember how we dissected chapter 595 and the position of Tobi relative to the kunai that was flying AWAY from him, whilst he jumped backwards?

Kishi didn't plan the cross-dimension positional issue at all. He states on page 9 "when he launched himself forward with his arm extended to grab you, the kunai just finished vanishing next to his face'
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/597/9

BULL

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/595/19

Tobi EVADED naruto's punch by jumping backwards, further away from the kunai that was flying AWAY from him to begin with

kishi obviously didn't give a shit in chapter 595. then he thought about it in 596 and realised he dun goofed. in 597, he concocts a lousy story that clearly didn't happen.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    Well Sasuke grew quite exponentially after 2-3 years with Orochimaru. With a teacher like Madara, who knows how far someone gets in 1-2 years.
    Though I'd prefer not to bring it up, there is the possibility of time passing by slower in the other dimension, since Madara can transport himself at an extremely fast speed, according to Zetsu.
    So if Tobi has spent some time in there, and that is indeed the case, then he could have learned more in there in two years than he would on the outside. Though that seems like a bit of a ripoff from Bleach and DBZ if that's the case.
    True, but there was nothing remarkable about Obito, and what he would've accomplished in one year Sasuke still hasn't accomplished to this very day.
    Also Sasuke is a talented Uchiha, and even he as talented as he was didn't grew nearly as much.
    Don't forget that Yondaime believed he was Madara, and I don't think, even for a second, that someone like Yondaime wouldn't recognize his student.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

it could still be izuna though fused with obito flesh (not discounting others, just saying this possibility is still there)

it would explain proficiency with MS

if it were izuna, he alreadyd knows how to activate MS. all he has to do is pop in a new uchiha eye and (i assume) immediately he gets to test out the eye's MS

he might have gone through a few and stopped at obito's

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

when will the next manga be released?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

my bet is on it actually being obito revived by the sage of the 6 paths, madara, or the previous pain/rinnegan user.

why?

as cheesy as it is - why is tobi's name tobi? it doesnt sound very japanese to me.

because its obito backwards.

remember buu and uubu from DBZ? yeah that lame. (maybe reincarnated tobi?)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dattebayo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

People should not underestimate how powerful Obito could have been, the fact his eye was able to have the MS awaken shows he had potential, just because he seemed the goofy one in his team does not mean he would not have turned out strong.. we only need to look at Naruto for proof of that.

One clue which might lend more to the Izuna theory (tho I'm not too big a fan of this either) is that ET Madara mentioned he had prior knowledge of the ET jutsu, if the whole Tobi = Izuna was true, Madara could have just used ET to resurect his brother, in which case when he lost his arm it would have regenerated.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    this week is Obon Week in japan,so there was no chapter. yet,being a double issue (one chapter in 2 weeks) next week's chapter was anticipated to this week-end. therefore next chapter will come out around wednesday 22

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the collored page which showed Naruto as he grew up and kept getting stronger . It makes me think that it's been so long since then ...i'm tearing up a little

Now about the chapter . LOL at Kakashi trying to explain to 2 morons about Tobi's jutsu ....really funny . Anyway Kakashi is really amazing , he's not just strong but has brains as well Now about Tobi's identity. Can he really be Obito . I mean this doesn't make sense since i don't see a reason why he would turn all evil like that . Damn i wanna see Naruto hurrying up and rip that mask off his face already

Btw totally loved when Kurama switched with Naruto and told those words to Tobi . I was like screaming of happiness in my room I so like their relationship now . Go Naruto& Kurama . As i said Kurama and Naruto together can do something great , not Naruto alone

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

now we need a luffy color page from his kid years to the current luffy

you know what we need to make tobi's mask shatter instantly ? we need sakura's forehead.... kakashi should send her in the dimension thing and make her headbutt tobi

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    Next week, since this chapter was supposed to arrive this wednesday/thursday...

PS: Bine ai venit pe forum!!

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    Spoiler show
    I still don't get what the problem is...and it's not like the drawing is very accurate...

The kunai was flying towards Naruto right...but then Naruto's hand was in Tobi's head/left cheek...so the kunai vanished into the left cheek of Tobi...btw which means that the timing is important not the location of the kunai...

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by heavenchoas View Post
    now we need a luffy color page from his kid years to the current luffy

you know what we need to make tobi's mask shatter instantly ? we need sakura's forehead.... kakashi should send her in the dimension thing and make her headbutt tobi
    Shannarooo punch would do miracles as well

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i think people think that time is stopped in the dimesion so it makes it hard to understand , although i do not know weather time actually stops or not over there...

i think that when the kunai dissapears from the real world , it is still moving in the dimension thus scrathing tobi's mask in the dimension..

New Reply
Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast