Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Epic

55 27.09%
  • 4 Good

102 50.25%
  • 3 Average

32 15.76%
  • 2 Boring

6 2.96%
  • 1 Bad

1 0.49%
  • 0 Awful

7 3.45%
New Reply
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 597 Discussion

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 597 Spoiler Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Robin, hand me the Obito Repelling Bat-Spray!!

Buahhhhh (Orochimaru barfing sound) how I knew this was going to happen again...

If Tobi is Obito and not just someone using his eye (I'am looking at you Izuna...) then how comes he's the one who's given Nagato his Rinnegan? And how the hell can those eyes be "his" so that he's just taking back what originally belonged to him anyway? Nagato got his Rinnegan when Obito was wearing diapers... so unless Obito isn't a time traveler or started plotting his plan while he was feeding on his mothers breasts, its simply IMPOSSIBRU!!
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe tobi is izuna using obitos eye, I examined on page 1

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dattebayo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Kakashi: Where did you get that eye from?
    Masked man: Where I got it from? Well...if you insist on asking, I got it during the battle at Kannabi Bridge...at around the time when you began to be known as the Ninja of the Copying Eye.
    Now, for all of the people who jump on the Tobi is Obito line of thinking, this confirms *Nothing* about who he is, it does however confirm that Kakashi and Tobi have the eyes *of* Obito, if Kakashi is so good at analysing things I'm pretty sure he would not have asked "where did you get that eye from" it would have been more like "what has happened to you Obito!?"

Now obviously you cannot discount the possibility it's him and its what Kishi has intended to do (i.e. the running theme of team mates becoming rivals - Sarutobi/Danzou (to an extent) Jiraiya/Orochimaru, Kakashi/Obito (maybe) Naruto and Sasuke) but it would seriously be the worst twist, confirming something everyone has thought of from the begining, with a very weak storyline and lots of plotholes (Obito's age, becoming able to take on Minato, control the Kyuubi etc etc)

I seriously hope it is not Obito, but my prediction if it is him is the following :

Madara finds Obito under the rock just after Kakashi and Rin leave the scene, he uses the first's cells to heal up Obito and turns him in to his follower, as he is dying he passes on instructions to Obito about Nagato/the infinate Tsukyomi etc etc and entrusts him to bending Nagato to his will in order to revive the original Madara at some point to carry out the plan, Obito intented to carry out the plan on his own accord (the hatred of the uchiha corrupted Obito blah blah blah) but Kabuto ruined this by reviving ET Madara which is why Tobi has seemed impatient and has revived the Jyuubi without it being complete.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Tobi = Obito does not fit the timeline or the common sense. However, is it common sense that we are seeing all the dead in this war? During the last few chapters, Tobi seems to addressed Kakashi in a sarcastic / mocking manner and like he knows him. This is one thing troubling me. Is it because he has Obito's eye? Could he have a relationship with Obito?

Kyuubi wants to exchange some words with Tobi, I wonder what it has to say. I actually had a hard time believing what Kyuubi is saying to Naruto. I assume its the translation...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It can't possibly be Obito just based on the timeline. He has obito's eye, but he isn't Obito.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dark_Soldier's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

You all are missing the most important part of the spoilers

Quote Quote:
    Masked man: It should've already been said! Simply put! You who are capable of nothing more than unfulfilled promises no longer has any worth or value! Even if you have regrets, it is too late!
    Now, who are the only persons that know about the promises kakashi made ? Yep, Obito and Rin.
    So how can you explain Tobi to know about them ? hint hint
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~Embrace your dreams~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~If you wanna be a hero you need to have dreams~~~~
    >My Showcase

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dattebayo!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Soldier View Post
    You all are missing the most important part of the spoilers

Now, who are the only persons that know about the promises kakashi made ? Yep, Obito and Rin.
    So how can you explain Tobi to know about them ? hint hint
    You just made me have a brainwave... Tobi is Rin in drag.

10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Kyuubi wants to exchange some words with Tobi, I wonder what it has to say. I actually had a hard time believing what Kyuubi is saying to Naruto. I assume its the translation...
    From what I understood from the translation, it seems that Kyuubi wanted to break Tobi's mindgames, so that the team wouldn't be swayed by his words.
    Which is something I can like, at least he is useful not only as a chakra battery.
    Naruto going Bijuu mode ( ? ) at the end its pretty promising

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo! View Post
    You just made me have a brainwave... Tobi is Rin in drag.
    Mind is blown

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy mother of common sense... Tobi has Obitos eye... Such a... TWIST! ... Whats next, he has black hair?
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kakashi: "O...Obito? Is that really you old friend...?"

Tobi:"Nah, I'm fuckin' with you. Could you imagine? I mean hell, I have space time jutsu, but I can't really travel through time. You kids were in diapers when I was doing experiments on Nagato."

Kakashi:"..."

Though I'll be serious. I think it's lame that bit characters get unique MS jutsu while Sasuke, Madara, and Itachi all have the same primary skillset. The only reason any Sasuke fan at all got hyped about the thought of Sasuke gaining MS is because we all wanted to see him develop completely unique abilities. And with the threat of him gaining Rinnegan later there's even less chance he'll get anything unique when he gets THAT.

Though something else that's odd. It seems any MS user that doesn't have "the big three", only has one ability that works with both eyes. Kotoamatsukami was usuable with both eyes. And now Kamui is. If we can indeed call Tobi's eye ability Kamui. I used to call it Super Kamui.

I think I'll start back doing it. Seems appropriate considering all it can do.
    Last edited by ninjabot; August 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Kakashi: "O...Obito? Is that really you old friend...?"

Tobi:"Nah, I'm fuckin' with you. Could you imagine? I mean hell, I have space time jutsu, but I can't really travel through time. You kids were in diapers when I was doing experiments on Nagato."

Kakashi:"..."

Though I'll be serious. I think it's lame that bit characters get unique MS jutsu while Sasuke, Madara, and Itachi all have the same primary skillset. The only reason any Sasuke fan at all got hyped about the thought of Sasuke gaining MS is because we all wanted to see him develop completely unique abilities. And with the threat of him gaining Rinnegan later there's even less chance he'll get anything unique when he gets THAT.

Though something else that's odd. It seems any MS user that doesn't have "the big three", only has one ability that works with both eyes. Kotoamatsukami was usuable with both eyes. And now Kamui is. If we can indeed call Tobi's eye ability Kamui. I used to call it Super Kamui.

I think I'll start back doing it. Seems appropriate considering all it can do.
    Probably that's what makes Susano'o a rarity, you know the whole " to activate it you have to master both eyes powers" and all, maybe it doesn't mean any kind of eye powers, but only Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu.
    It would also make sense that other MS powers would be may more haxed than the ones Itachi, Madara and Sasuke have, you may have hax, but you have only a single jutsu ( Kotoamatsukami, Kamui ), meaning that if someone has a counter to it you're screwed.
    It's easier to find a counter to Kotoamatsukami or Kamui that to find a counter to Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susano'o

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Alexis's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting spoilers. So at the very least, if it isn't Obito, then it's at least his eye. Pretty much what most people thought from the start.
    So much for people who tried to prove that Obito's eye got crushed by analyzing angles of lights and shadows...
    This is a manga, not quantum physics.

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    If Tobi is Obito and not just someone using his eye (I'am looking at you Izuna...) then how comes he's the one who's given Nagato his Rinnegan? And how the hell can those eyes be "his" so that he's just taking back what originally belonged to him anyway? Nagato got his Rinnegan when Obito was wearing diapers... so unless Obito isn't a time traveler or started plotting his plan while he was feeding on his mothers breasts, its simply IMPOSSIBRU!!
    It's not that hard to figure out really.

How could Tobi have done something in the name of Uchiha Madara, without actually having done it?
    Well, maybe the same way he didn't neccesarily have those rival battles with Shodaime that he explained to Sasuke? But the actual Madara did. Likewise, he may have given the eyes to Nagato, and Tobi simply refers to Madara's deeds as his own. He has done it in the past.
    Last edited by Alexis; August 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys lets piece this together

1. Tobi has just stated he got the sharingan(when obito unlocked it) at the bridge where Obito is supposed to have died
    2. Tobi seems familiar with Kakashi and Gai and even knows that Gai forgets People faces which means Tobi is definitely from Konoha
    3. The only ninja from Konoha that we know were present on the bridge that day are Kakashi,Obito,Rin and The fourth

Strong evidence is pointing towards Obito. I have a feeling the other dimension is some kind of hyperbolic time chamber. kakashi was talking about a delay between when he warped the thing and when it hit. Maybe time progresses twice as quick or something in the other dimension which is why Tobi looks older than he is.

Maybe Tobis sharingan enabled him to time travel(massive guessing here) back to madaras time. Who knows. We've seen an uchiha jutsu izanagi which supposedly allows someone to fake death despite a steak being rammed through their body. Anythings possible in this manga

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood
    It's easier to find a counter to Kotoamatsukami or Kamui that to find a counter to Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susano'o
    Not necessarily, if Obito would've had access to both Tobi and Kakashi's version of Kamui. If the Tobi they're fighting now could both warp objects with his eyesight, turn intangible, and send things to his alternate dimension I don't see how someone with Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, or Susanoo would be a bigger threat.

For one, they'd never hit him with their chakra intensive attacks. Ghost Mode tends to be little on the chakra drain from what we've seen (though Hashi's DNA could have something to do with that).

Then there's the ability to hide in your own little world, never getting hurt. Or potentially warp attacks back at people (Kakashi warped away Deidara's arm and it stayed in our dimension, just sent somewhere else. Refining the jutsu would probably allow for controlling where things are warped to).

Not to mention the only way to hurt Ghost Mode Tobi is by being S/T fast, or having access to Kamui yourself... Or flooding the battlefield with bazillions of attacks. None of those seem easy where as Susanoo, Amaterasu, and Tsukuyomi have been survived ad nauseum.

New Reply
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast