Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Epic

55 27.09%
  • 4 Good

102 50.25%
  • 3 Average

32 15.76%
  • 2 Boring

6 2.96%
  • 1 Bad

1 0.49%
  • 0 Awful

7 3.45%
New Reply
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 597 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 597 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    Don't proclaim things as absolutes when you really don't know. He could have had a reason to lie. People have already given you reasons. One mentioned how there's the possibility of spies everywhere, like Zetsu. And I mentioned that dissociative identity disorder is another possibility. And there are others. Those things do have some foundation, in that we have seen unseen spies, and the "shell" comment is still left to our interpretation by Kishimoto, etc. The statements you mentioned do not.
    And as long as that reason isn't shown I'am not going to assume there is one. I like to base my judgement on facts, not on some "what if". And those "oh but there could have been some unknown spy lurking around so he was telling Konan nonsense to misslead a person that just might have been there" is as ridiculous as my Minato and Kushina example.

Quote Quote:
    I'm not debating the probabilities of things. I'm merely saying that it is possible.
    Anything is "possible"... Kishi can do what he wants and he could decide that next chapter suddenly the world explodes... its highly improbable but not impossible! Thats the kind of nitpicking you are doing here.

You tell me I'am subjective because I claim that somethings impossible based on what the Manga has explicitly shown us and your reasoning is "because it could be a lie..." and when I try to explain that this is nonsense by pointing out that going by such logic pretty much anything in this Manga could be a lie, I'am suddenly a 12 years old... great...

You know... I don't feel like discussing this for pages, so lets just leave it as it is right now, cause its more or less off-topic anyway.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome how kurama says that! they are about to fight again in that bijumode,and maybe it will be even better this time! I mean,more completed.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Alexis's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    And as long as that reason isn't shown I'am not going to assume there is one. I like to base my judgement on facts, not on some "what if". And those "oh but there could have been some unknown spy lurking around so he was telling Konan nonsense to misslead a person that just might have been there" is as ridiculous as my Minato and Kushina example.
    We've seen Tobi lie, and we've seen spies. However, we haven't seen Kushina lie, so that comparison is way off.
    As for basing your judgement on facts, we don't have all the facts regarding how Tobi or whoever gave Nagato his Rinnegan yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash
    Anything is "possible"... Kishi can do what he wants and he could decide that next chapter suddenly the world explodes... its highly improbable but not impossible! Thats the kind of nitpicking you are doing here.
    Improbable is subjective, and can be discussed. Impossible is an absolute, and can't be discussed. That's a pretty significant difference worth pointing out.

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash
    You tell me I'am subjective because I claim that somethings impossible based on what the Manga has explicitly shown us and your reasoning is "because it could be a lie..." and when I try to explain that this is nonsense by pointing out going by that logic pretty much anything in this Manga could be a lie,
    That's not my reasoning. That is merely one of many reasons, one of many possibilities. An example.
    The point was that it's not impossible, and there are many possibilities that can be discussed.
    Last edited by Alexis; August 11, 2012 at 03:46 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm ok,so tobi got that eye after obito's death,but where did he take the other sharingans? probably during the uchihas' massacre,although danzo took some of them too.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    uhm ok,so tobi got that eye after obito's death,but where did he take the other sharingans? probably during the uchihas' massacre,although danzo took some of them too.
    Tobi himself said that he likes to stockpile on good eyes and he has a broad collection of sharingans in his hideout, so getting his hands on some regular sharingan as Izanagi fodder shouldn't be much of an issue. It also seems like his eyesockets are freely interchangeable, which further leads me to believe that he's Izuna, because he would have had two empty eyesockets to begin with.

He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Alexis's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Uchiha massacre could be one. Who knows how long he has been doing that though. Danzou stole Shisui's eye before the massacre I believe, so Tobi could have been at it for many years.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi himself said that he likes to stockpile on good eyes and he has a broad collection of sharingans in his hideout, so getting his hands on some regular sharingan as Izanagi fodder shouldn't be much of an issue. It also seems like his eyesockets are freely interchangeable, which further leads me to believe that he's Izuna, because he would have had two empty eyesockets to begin with.
    but I meant,how could tobi have a left eye when he fought minato,the massacre had still to take place...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It didn't necessarily had to come from the massacre. If Tobi is from Madara's or the third Hokage's Era then there's lots of potential noname Uchihas which could have died during missions, wars or other events.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member avantasian's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

this makes me quite disappointed with Kakashi and how he developed his sharingan. If he has the same sharingan with Tobi that makes his kamui quite lame in comparison...

shame obito died. he would have been a beast!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Except Izuna has had a few panels and an extremely limited development in the story. Not enough for a return, nor an actual presence in the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No big surprise here, but im quite happy that its finally confirmed that Tobi's eye is Obito's.

As far as Tobi goes, i still dont think that its Obito behind the mask, ill say that i believe it's his body but not his mind.

Although at this point, given the speech / lecture he gave to Kakashi, he could have been manipulated by Madara himself.

Tobi is either Obito that has is or has been genjutsu ed by Madara, or he is Madara himself somehow. I dont see anybody else fitting the profile. Izuna is to me certainly dead, as Madara sure as hell looked extremely hateful and pissed off when talking about his ''dead'' brother. And he himself talked about Tobi as someone he knows so there aint going to be a surprise when they encounter.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Um guys... it's Obito. It seems like it can't possibly be him, but it is. Did you read the spoiler, and what he was saying to Kakashi???

He failed to save Rin. Kakashi failed after Obito entrusted his eye to him. Minato failed to protect his students. Obito survived somehow, and when he came back to Konoha, he found Kakashi apologizing at his grave. In his grief and despair, he was found by Madara, who passed on his knowledge, Hashirama's DNA, and probably some of his own chakra.

Obito used to believe in heroes, but now he wants to make a world where "heroes" won't have to apologize for their failures in front of the graves of their friends.

It's absolutely Obito, that's why Kakashi was so affected by Tobi's words, and almost had a heart attack! (Guy asking if he was okay, etc.)
    There are many reasons why it shouldn't be him, but it is. There's an explanation somewhere (maybe Madara was the masked man before Obito took over the role?)

But I expect Tobi wears the mask for the same reason he wore the goggles: to hide his tears.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh please, it's already been explained to death why Tobi can't PHYSICALLY be Obito. It would make absolutely no sense, not to mention personality, knowledge and power wise in relation to the Kyuubi attack.

What he says in this chapter proves jack. He would technically gain it on the bridge incident where Obito died as that's when Obito gained it, and Tobi stole his eye. It's been obvious for YEARS that Tobi has Obito's eye, come on. If you notice that now, go "aha!" or didn't believe it before now you're seriously slow.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi is not Obito( despite me earlier thinking he was) he does however have obitos eye.

one thing we know now that he was present at the bridge Obito died. Obitos body must have been recovered. I still maintain that Kagami was his dad and took his eye for memento or whatever. Kagami was a spy for Madara which is why he knew so much about him and about konoha and techniques like izanagi. Kakashi probably told jounin Kagami that he would protect Obito.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is it physically impossible for Tobi to be Obito?

It cant be because of the physical dmg he received from the fallen rock as the eye was fine enough for it to be used by Tobi.

Tobi uses Zetzu's cells to repair himself when he needs to, the same could be done with Obito's body as he is doing it on his own.

And Kakashi was like 15 years old if im not mistaken when Kyuubi attacked, Obito was as old if not older by a year, he could very be as tall as Minato as he was taller than Kakashi and Minato is currently shorter than Kakashi.

I dont see where its actually impossible.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; August 11, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

New Reply
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast