Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Epic

55 27.09%
  • 4 Good

102 50.25%
  • 3 Average

32 15.76%
  • 2 Boring

6 2.96%
  • 1 Bad

1 0.49%
  • 0 Awful

7 3.45%
New Reply
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 597 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 597 Discussion / 598 Predictions

I kinda agree. When Sasuke got MS from feeling the grief of knowing that Itachi loved him and gave his life for him, it was a bit of time in between before he gained the MS (enough time to where he was healthy enough to walk around, aswell as gain some new threads reunite with Taka). Obito however had minutes before he'd die.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    Well, first of, in normal RS mode, he has access to only half of Kurama's chakra. Only with this argument, all should be clear. But I assume it's not enough. Second, that mode gives him speed that is far more superior to the speed of Hiraishin even (he was faster than 5 Bijuu-damas already shot where he acted from not so near distance). Third, he controlled Kurama to the point in which he defeated 5 Bijuus at once under 5 minutes and for the first time using that mode. Had enough? Yeah, Tobi's toast. And it doesn't take a genius to know or imagine what Kishi might do next. We can safely assume that Naruto will dominate.
    Not safely. Tobi still has Izanagi as an option aswell as Rinnegan abilities he hasn't relied on.

Bijuudama? Absorb it.
    Kamui? Izanagi.
    Speed blitz from Bijuu Mode Naruto? Intangibility. Hell, he could do something as simple as warping near Kakashi so that Naruto CAN'T use a Bijuudama without obliterating his teacher. There's more ways to win a fight then overwhelming power.

Naruto's not dominating anything. He'll win, but it's not gonna be half as easy as you want it to.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

TOBI IS OBITO

i support this now

basically when kakashi and rin were running away and obito was THIS close getting every single intestine crushed to smithereens, in that one second he saw a vision of rikudo
    rikudo gave up on everything and entrusted his will on obito
    obito got an immense power boost to lift the rocks
    his body was damaged because of it so he then used his untold genius to create zetsu
    in a few minutes he developed his suckish sharingan to godtier by just staring at himself (and genius) in the mirror as zetsu was patching him up
    for the first time obito used his s/t jutsu on himself and inside the void he found madara's spirit flying around
    madara brainwashed obito and taught him some epic warlord things and gave him rinnegan in exchange that obito follows moon eye plan and ressurects madara
    when obito returned from the dimension, he was filled with HAET
    he used his genius to change his name as well, by changing the order of letters and subtracting a letter
    and so we have...tobi

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; August 12, 2012 at 04:22 PM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I kinda agree. When Sasuke got MS from feeling the grief of knowing that Itachi loved him and gave his life for him, it was a bit of time in between before he gained the MS (enough time to where he was healthy enough to walk around, aswell as gain some new threads reunite with Taka). Obito however had minutes before he'd die.

Not safely. Tobi still has Izanagi as an option aswell as Rinnegan abilities he hasn't relied on.

Bijuudama? Absorb it.
    Kamui? Izanagi.
    Speed blitz from Bijuu Mode Naruto? Intangibility. Hell, he could do something as simple as warping near Kakashi so that Naruto CAN'T use a Bijuudama without obliterating his teacher. There's more ways to win a fight then overwhelming power.

Naruto's not dominating anything. He'll win, but it's not gonna be half as easy as you want it to.
    I'm betting on Tobi's fatigue and Naruto's chakra boost. He won't be able to fight so carelessly since he controlled Jins, Bijuu's and is trying to resurrect the Juubi. It surely wouldn't be that easy as you described it and Kishi's not gonna belittle Naruto's power with Tobi only "chickening" out with the Kamuiwarp thing. There is a limit and weakness to every jutsu. By saying that, if he somehow reaches the limit, absorption is out of the question. Izanagi? I seriously doubt he'd want to sacrifice his Sharingan. Rinnegan? Well, if he can use it better than Nagato, yeah, but Naruto's also probably accustomed to it. And I'm not wanting anything. It's just simply enough for Tobi to always use the same technique over and over to escape. And I absolutely agree with you that power isn't the only thing for winning. Naruto is very clever when it comes to battles, we've all seen that multiple times.
    Last edited by Roman; August 12, 2012 at 04:30 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I'm betting on Tobi's fatigue and Naruto's chakra boost. He won't be able to fight so carelessly since he controlled Jins, Bijuu's and is trying to resurrect the Juubi. It surely wouldn't be that easy as you described it and Kishi's not gonna belittle Naruto's power with Tobi only "chickening" out with the Kamuiwarp thing. There is a limit and weakness to every jutsu. By saying that, if he somehow reaches the limit, absorption is out of the question. Izanagi? I seriously doubt he'd want to sacrifice his Sharingan. Rinnegan? Well, if he can use it better than Nagato, yeah, but Naruto's also probably accustomed to it. And I'm not wanting anything. It's just simply enough for Tobi to always use the same technique over and over to escape. And I absolutely agree with you that power isn't the only thing for winning. Naruto is very clever when it comes to battles, we've all seen that multiple times.
    i actually fear Bijuu Mode will receive the Chakra Mode treatment:
    hyped beyond beliefs ( Kisame almost one-shotted, dodged Raikage like a boss ) then its reveladed to be nothing more than a base Naruto with chakrarms.

Still I have hope, Kishi usually is good with fights that do not have Susano'o in them, we'll see.
    I doubt Naruto will fail after all this though, Kyuubi gave him the last kick on his ass to make him move forward, while its pretty clear that Kishi will unravel Tobi's mistery around chapter 600.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm getting at is the literal only damage done to Tobi was with the aid of a ninja who's nearly exhausted from chakra usage. Do you think Kakashi has the stamina for 2 more Kamui? 3? Even then, if Naruto's using his "faster than Hiraishin speed" to try to blitz Tobi, how's Kakashi gonna time his Kamui to guarantee that the attack hits, when he can't even follow Naruto's movements?

Then there's Tobi's fatigue (I've yet to see any heavy breathing and we can't see his face to notice any sweatdrops, lol). I find it hard to believe someone incorporating Hashirama's DNA into their body would get tired easily. Add to that the fact that he can repurpose absorbed chakra to fuel himself (like how Nagato made himself healthy again from absorbing some of Bee's chakra) and I don't see him tiring out any time soon. Even wasting his Sharingan isn't that big of a loss considering his opponents already know how to defeat the one jutsu it gives him access to. If he was in a situation where death was inevitable there's no way he wouldn't sacrifice his eye.

We're about to see a genuine fight. Bijuu Mode might push Tobi to the edge, but only until the Jyuubi is revived. It'd be a complete anti-climactic waste otherwise.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth my take on this chapter:

1) Still not sold on Tobi being Obito until he spouts those words out of his own mouth and shows us his face. Understand, that if Tobi was indeed Obito, that means he would have to have "awakened" his S/T jutsu in his dying minutes of life. Considering he hadn't even evolved his Sharigan to 3 tomoe yet, this seems highly unlikely.

Also, even if he had, he would have needed immediate medical attention for the massive injuries to his body. Considering there was no one around to give him that at that time, this adds to the highly unlikely reasoning being Obito.

2) While the eye almost certainly is Obito's, I'm still curious as to why it seems Tobi doesn't need to use MS to achieve S/T yet Kakashi does. Still fuzzy on that.

3) Naruto charging at Tobi makes little sense until you realize that Tobi can't use his S/T jutsu anymore out of fear of Kakashi warping an attack at him. This of course means, he will now have to block and dodge and use the Rinnegan to fight instead of relying on his S/T jutsu.

4) As bad as I want to see the conclusion to this fight, especially now that Naruto and the Kyuubi are like BFF's, I really want Madara to slaughter the Kages. I can't fathom how they stand any chance against his immortal ass, and it's about time he kills some of them.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm getting at is the literal only damage done to Tobi was with the aid of a ninja who's nearly exhausted from chakra usage. Do you think Kakashi has the stamina for 2 more Kamui? 3? Even then, if Naruto's using his "faster than Hiraishin speed" to try to blitz Tobi, how's Kakashi gonna time his Kamui to guarantee that the attack hits, when he can't even follow Naruto's movements?

Then there's Tobi's fatigue (I've yet to see any heavy breathing and we can't see his face to notice any sweatdrops, lol). I find it hard to believe someone incorporating Hashirama's DNA into their body would get tired easily. Add to that the fact that he can repurpose absorbed chakra to fuel himself (like how Nagato made himself healthy again from absorbing some of Bee's chakra) and I don't see him tiring out any time soon. Even wasting his Sharingan isn't that big of a loss considering his opponents already know how to defeat the one jutsu it gives him access to. If he was in a situation where death was inevitable there's no way he wouldn't sacrifice his eye.

We're about to see a genuine fight. Bijuu Mode might push Tobi to the edge, but only until the Jyuubi is revived. It'd be a complete anti-climactic waste otherwise.
    And how is Tobi gonna time his technique if he can't follow Naruto? I highly doubt that he'd have activated that technique for the whole time, which is probably also impossible, not to mention that he can't attack while he's using it.

Yeah, he should be powerful as all hell, but the man controlled the Jins, Bijuus, is trying to resurrect the Juubi and is continuously spamming that Kamui thing which makes him use his Mangekyou Sharingan. That much chakra drain should put even Rikudou in a pinch. Also, I don't know how would wasting a Sharingan for Izanagi be any useful (unless it's a finish move) since he'd lose that Kamui thing and any other Sharingan tech for that matter.

Butttttt, we'll probably be surprised by Kishi, again.
    Last edited by Roman; August 12, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HappyClown View Post
    No, we don't know if Tobi is Obito. Remember, the fight between the 4th and Tobi. Tobi acted like someone who didn't know of the 4th's abilities.

If Tobi was Obito, he would have had the upper hand, he surely would know that his former teacher would do and his techniques.

As of now, I put Tobi down to two persons, Izuna or the 'first' Uchiha, who lost his his battle to gain the Sages inheritance. Tobi has a huge collection of Sharingans. Obviously, he has been collecting them for years, from the Uchiha clan after their destruction, and from Obito[after death].

One can't claim to be a former owner of the Rinnegan and be Obito.
    this is a goodpoint, if tobi is obito he should have known more about thr 4th

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Bijuudama? Absorb it.
    Kamui? Izanagi.

Well looking at it, i dont think Sasuke really had realised it until he really did awake his Mangekyo.

He only awoke it when he remember Itachi the way he really was, and when he made sense of the true meaning of Itachi's words when he was young and 'saying goodbye' and the last words he spoke to him (I'm sorry Sasuke, there won,t be a next time), its at this precise moment that he awoke his Mangekyo.

Seeing the emotional state of Obito in his 'last' moments, he was clearly full of grief as he had just gotten to be friends with Kakashi and was going to loose it right away. I'm not honestly expecting to learn as this point that Obito awoke his Mangekyo and got himself out of his position.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheMaX's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Naruto 597 Discussion / 598 Predictions

As I said lots of times, TOBI CANT BE OBITO, Tobi has a huge stockpile of uchiha eyes so he took Obito's too but there's no way Obito can know Madara (Madara stated he have a plan with a "fake Madara") or act that cruel way and have that huge knwoledge about the past, the rinnegan, the 10 tails, give Nagato the rinnegan and so on... maybe Tobi is the son of first Hokage or Madara's...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

And how is Tobi gonna time his technique if he can't follow Naruto? I highly doubt that he'd have activated that technique for the whole time, which is probably also impossible, not to mention that he can't attack while he's using it.

Yeah, he should be powerful as all hell, but the man controlled the Jins, Bijuus, is trying to resurrect the Juubi and is continuously spamming that Kamui thing which makes him use his Mangekyou Sharingan. That much chakra drain should put even Rikudou in a pinch. Also, I don't know how would wasting a Sharingan for Izanagi be any useful (unless it's a finish move) since he'd lose that Kamui thing and any other Sharingan tech for that matter.

Butttttt, we'll probably be surprised by Kishi, again.

Well in all honesty, given the current look of things , All current shinobies are looking as they may have more chakra than usual, or its simply that we underestimated the real amount they actually have.

Kakashi has been fighting for a while and has used Kamui 3 times and we do know that when he claimed he had 50% chakra left against Pain, two MS usage killed him.

Tobi, according to himself, is a breathing living Uchiha, and we got clear evidence that he is fused with Hashimara's Dna, which means he is bound to have not only a powerful chakra due to his Uchiha chakra but also a lot of it due to hashimara's.

As for the upcoming fight, it's quite predictable that Tobi is gonna play different cards, he has the Rinnegan which he hasnt used at all. Tobi has more means to his disposal.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaX View Post
    As I said lots of times, TOBI CANT BE OBITO, Tobi has a huge stockpile of uchiha eyes so he took Obito's too but there's no way Obito can know Madara (Madara stated he have a plan with a "fake Madara") or act that cruel way and have that huge knwoledge about the past, the rinnegan, the 10 tails, give Nagato the rinnegan and so on... maybe Tobi is the son of first Hokage or Madara's...
    I dont know if ur responding to me but im not implying that Tobi has to be Obito, he can either be using his eye or may have possesion over his body.

According to what he said, he is a living and breathing Uchiha, so he has an Uchiha body, is it his own? Obito's? Someone else's ? We dont know but it could very well be Obito's body, while Obito the mind is dead or kept at bay inside.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vite Zeus View Post
    i have to disagree here...considering kabuto is far younger to obito (he is definitely younger to kakashi), if kabuto could gain vast amount of knowledge(thanks to oro) why not obito get assess to the same vast amount of knowledge if not more? (that again thanks to Madara who inturn is more knowledgable than oro ever is/was).. if we go by your reasoning then Naruto should'nt be the naruto we know now if we consider the way he was when he was fresh from his genin days..you have the double spread page in this chapter to show how much he has changed over the years to prove you wrong, I might add...its about the yrs of change we are seeing here and not about the changes that took place in a flash of a minute..
    Kabuto was already a genius and was taught by Orochimaru for over a decade or so. On the otherhand, Obito would have to have learnt various important secrets within a year on his own. There's a clear difference between the two situations. And the timeline makes it pretty clear that Madara would have been long dead, so he couldn't have taught Obito anything, much less in the span of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vite Zeus View Post
    your timeline(not kishi's, since he has not revealed the whole story yet) is based on
    1. Madara gave the rinnegan to Nagato
    2. Madara died soon after his fight with hashirama (assuming from your description)
    3. Nagato is "way" older than Obito

now as you can see, the points highlighted above are your's/our assumptions on which none of us can get a fair outline of the said timeline
    1. Tobi (not Madara) claimed to have given the Rinnegan to Nagato...by now we all should learn not to believe Tobi's words as it is coz he is a twister of words and good at cooking up lies. Perhaps what he could have meant was he(proxying Madara) created the circumstances for Nagato to create/activate rinnegan de'novo..if we consider Nagato's flashbacks holds truth then in his good memory, no interventions like eye transplantations were shown
    2. Madara was shown to Kisame, Itachi which means Madara was alive till Naruto/Sasuke were of the age of 11...how could Madara possibly be under 6 feet and for that matter obito be still in his "father's balls" as you claim it to be, unless our Madara has time travelled from the past and obito time travelled to the past..sensibly speaking, Madara must have died shortly after the fourth Mizukage being found under Madara's control..
    3. Nagato's age by the looks of it could be maximum +/- 3yrs that of kakashi/Obito... how you might ask...IIRC third ninja war Jiraiya took up Nagato as his student..third war under Minato, kakashi and obito fought for the bridge... Obito is definitely not way too younger to Nagato as you claim

so your timeline the way you mentioned it, is really messed up and so if you go by it then yea obito can never be tobi.. but if you accept alternatives then obito still remains a strong candidate to be tobi
    We can actually create a pretty good timeline based upon various characters and events. Considering Tobi only has lied twice, so it's not as if he's some compulsive liar that can't be trusted and Itachi clearly showed Sasuke that the "Madara" he work alongside during the massacre was Tobi, and given that Kisame recognized his face, Tobi had to be the one dealing with Kisame too. The Ame orphans were taken in by Jiraiya during the Second War and Nagato has ~seven years on Kakashi and Obito given the known timeline. And with the implications that Nagato's Rinnegan originally belonged to Madara, we can conclude that Madara was dead around the Second war, 20 years ago.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

How so? He's using the most powerful version of himself. And it's only natural against an opponent like that. Almost every major opponent had more than enough information about Naruto when they fought but that still din't help them. Also, people are not really looking into how much chakra Tobi has spent since the beginning of this fight. Controlling Jins, controlling Bijuus, resurrecting Juubi, I'm pretty sure it's taking a toll on him. So we're not even sure how long he'd be able to use that technique. If he isn't, he's bound to lose. I'd also like Juubi to be resurrected.
    Your missing the point, Naruto cannot do anything to Tobi even if he was fast etc. Tobi could stay intangible for as long a Naruto is in KM. Naruto is not Minato nor does he posses S/T which seems to be the only way to actually fight Tobi.

And Tobi has not shown even a slight hint of fatigue or caution when it comes to chakra usage. I doubt that will suddenly become a factor. I choose to believe Naruto might figure Tobis 5min thing out after his KM expires and he is able to hit him.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Holland's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Obito had a vengeful older brother theory is looking much more plausible.
    We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find it in the 23 pages but might not be looking properly, just curious though, do we know when the next one will come out since this came out yesterday? Will it be this week or likely actually next week? I don't know if anyone can tell me what the likelihood is but if you can I'd love to know

Also I'm sorry but I honestly believe somehow Obito is back...knowing about Kannabi Bridge may be well known, but knowing about the prayers at the Memorial Stone? I don't know...just hard to believe...

New Reply
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast