Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Epic

55 27.09%
  • 4 Good

102 50.25%
  • 3 Average

32 15.76%
  • 2 Boring

6 2.96%
  • 1 Bad

1 0.49%
  • 0 Awful

7 3.45%
New Reply
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 597 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 597 Discussion / 598 Predictions | !! Next Chapter Out 22nd

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    According to the databooks, Hidan must continuously kill people to keep his ability, so he probably died.
    If we go by what Kakuzu said, then Hidan hasn't died yet. Anyway, my point was that Orochimaru and Hidan are the only antagonist who were outright evil. All the others have simply been evil because of various terrible things that happen to them and once those got resolved, they were good again.

Quote Originally Posted by jalix View Post
    1: What did Tobi REALLY do with the 3 tails? Deidara said it was his 'art', but Tobi said it was something he did. Anything speculatitve but I always thought that was suspect.
    2: In Kushina's story, the Kyuubi said: "YOU!" as though he knew exactly who it was. He didn't say Madara, he didn't say anyone else. I think it's interesting (or maybe just lame plot device) that the kyuubi switched with Naruto but hasn't said anything about who it was that summoned him from within Kushina that time.. unless even he thought it was Madara.
    1. Given that it was "jokey" Tobi, I wouldn't take his boost seriously. And if he did do something, Deidara would have likely realized something was up.
    2. Maybe, but since the Kyuubi can seemingly sense chakra, it should have been able to tell the difference. The Kyuubi was also said to know the truth about the Uchiha clan, yet hasn't said anything, so maybe it just doesn't see a need to say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    this is another thing that has always bothered me...why didn't madara just give tobi the rinnegan(s)instead of nagato?
    we know tobi can support/use them and they(madara and tobi)had hashirama dna...so why didn't tobi get the rinnegan(s)if they were working together?

simple,madara did not want tobi to have the rinnegan(s)...
    I don't know. Tobi obviously would have been given the Rinnegan by Madara to transplant into Nagato in the first place, so I doubt there was any sort of mistrust between them. Seems more likely that Tobi didn't get them because there was some apparent drawback in at least using Rinne Tensei.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

@rikudo kind about 'potential' to gain Susanoo, its obvious that 'potential' to gain MS itself is rare, since few of the uchiha could achieve it. Which makes 'potential' to awake Susanoo even rarer.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

There has been lot of discussion about Susanoo and working of MS lately. We are kind of derailing from the ongoing chapter. My suggestion is to populate the threads suited for these kinds of topics on the mainboard or Naruto Toshokan. After all, the discussion kind of gets wasted when disc/pred threads are archived.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    2. Maybe, but since the Kyuubi can seemingly sense chakra, it should have been able to tell the difference. The Kyuubi was also said to know the truth about the Uchiha clan, yet hasn't said anything, so maybe it just doesn't see a need to say anything.
    IT's an obvious plothole ... Kyuubi has some answers but Kishi is making irrational story to avoid it ... we just have to deal with it ... but when Kyuubi said YOU it meant something ... even if it ddin't he can confirm or deny if it was madara's chakra that was controlling him
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    IT's an obvious plothole ... Kyuubi has some answers but Kishi is making irrational story to avoid it ... we just have to deal with it ... but when Kyuubi said YOU it meant something ... even if it ddin't he can confirm or deny if it was madara's chakra that was controlling him
    hmmm its probably a plot hole.....but maybe Tobi is someone that the Kyuubi thought was dead?...maybe Izuna....but i am pretty sure Kishi just messed up lol.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Remy's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory on Tobi's identity.

When Madara fought hashirama at the valley of the end. He took a piece of Hashirama DNA and created Zetsu, an entity capable of cloning chakra and stuff perfectly.

Madara died. Tobi is simply the clone of himself mix with zetsu that he left behind as a plan B to ressurect himself using rinnegan.

Simple, make sense. He got Obito eye because zetsu is the land himself and was probably watching while Obito died.

Thing is, Madara's zetsu clone is not following the directives real madara left him. I belive the real villain will be Madara and the Juubi and Tobi will be killed by kakashi as a memento to Obito's memory.

'My two cents'

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

but they didn't....WHY?
    Why? about the rinne tensei? nagato used that to konoha's ninja right? Tobi even said that nagato is a traitor. Because that rinne tensei was suppose to be for him/madara.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post

When Madara fought hashirama at the valley of the end. He took a piece of Hashirama DNA and created Zetsu, an entity capable of cloning chakra and stuff perfectly.

Madara died. Tobi is simply the clone of himself mix with zetsu that he left behind as a plan B to ressurect himself using rinnegan.

Simple, make sense. He got Obito eye because zetsu is the land himself and was probably watching while Obito died.

Thing is, Madara's zetsu clone is not following the directives real madara left him. I belive the real villain will be Madara and the Juubi and Tobi will be killed by kakashi as a memento to Obito's memory.

'My two cents'
    Ya I've been saying that for a while. Not the exact theory but basically ya. The biggest clue is how he regenerated his arm from the zetsu pod thing, and the damage he took from Minato appeared to be zetsu goo. There is still a chance that it is Obito, but Madara simply repaired his body with the zetsu parts. I don't like the idea because the cliche is simply too obvious, but who knows. We'll find out soon.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Naruto 597 Discussion / 598 Predictions | !! Next Chapter Out 22nd

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Why? about the rinne tensei? nagato used that to konoha's ninja right? Tobi even said that nagato is a traitor. Because that rinne tensei was suppose to be for him/madara.
    i understand that...but why wasn't madara revived long time ago?
    it's not like nagato was still a child...what were they waiting for?

because if tobi was true...wouldn't madara have been back instead of kabuto rezzing him.i think tobi was saving nagato and RT for"himself"and not madara...that was why he was pissed....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

because if tobi was true...wouldn't madara have been back instead of kabuto rezzing him.i think tobi was saving nagato and RT for"himself"and not madara...that was why he was pissed....
    Maybe tobi is just a clone and he planed on getting nagato to use RT on him so he could put madara's soul inside his(tobi) body
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    If we go by what Kakuzu said, then Hidan hasn't died yet. Anyway, my point was that Orochimaru and Hidan are the only antagonist who were outright evil. All the others have simply been evil because of various terrible things that happen to them and once those got resolved, they were good again.

1. Given that it was "jokey" Tobi, I wouldn't take his boost seriously. And if he did do something, Deidara would have likely realized something was up.
    1: Could be, but Tobi/Madara or whoever it was had a hand in the Yagura's behavior when they controlled him. Kishimoto never really explained the purpose behind it & it goes into the mystery of Tobi. For example, Yagura was clearly dead yet the 3 tails was roaming free (and not really bothering anybody). I wouldn't put it past Tobi to have done something, and Deidara to have missed it. Similarly, I don't know if Deidara knew a lot about Tobi's inter-dimensional jutsu.

2: In a way I think it all comes down to Kishimoto wanting to keep the secrets for the sake of hiding Tobi's identity... like I said before, sometimes to the detriment of the story. At the time, we were led to believe it was actually Madara. But maybe it wasn't. And now that the kyuubi had something ot say to Tobi, it wasn't: "Remember that time you ripped me from his mother and used me to attack the village? I do, and payback will be a bitch." And he didn't say: "Remember that time you told me that my purpose is to serve those with powerful eyes?" He was vague back then when he said 'YOU!'... he recognized the chakra as you say but thus far, hasn't elaborated. Unless he was tricked into believing it was somebody it wasn't.

The worst part about it is that he obviously knows that Tobi isn't Madara because the real Madara just tried to summon him through Naruto's clone. But he hasn't said a word about Tobi or what happened at teh village or even who he thinks Tobi is... which could be helpful information to his 'new' allies.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Trying to look at it outside of device in the plot, TBH I think it had to do with collecting the bijuu and timing. Going after all of them at once would have been a major red-flag for the villages and perhaps cuased an alliance sooner that would have hampered Akatsuki's plans. Also, when Nagato used GM vs. Hanzou and Danzou's men, it linked to him and sucked him dry. Maybe there is a way to 'amplify' the power of the rinnegan through GM so that he could bring back someone to life that was dead for a (longer) period of time than in the Pain invasion arc. Just my theory on it.

After finding out that the jutsu was supposed to be for 'me', I honeslty didn't know how to take that. Becuase at the time Tobi had been calling himself Madara. So I thought, who is he trying to bring back from the dead? Or is he actually a corpse (ergo, the ET that never was de-summoned). Then Madara seemingly confirmed that it was meant for HIM, and that something was not going according to plan. Makes you realize how risky and flimsy the plan may have been all along...

I think the goal was to collect the bijuu, use it's power to summon Madara (perhaps manipulating Nagato further), then betraying Nagato. Either way, I see both of them betraying Nagato and killing him to get back the rinnegan and **returning** it to Madara. Then Madara would control the 10 tails and cast his genjutsu.

Though... and I'm rambling, sorry, that 'peaceful' illusion, IMO doesn't fit what we've seen from Madara... a guy that loves combat, is snarky, and gets off on the fear of others.
    Last edited by jalix; August 21, 2012 at 07:52 AM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post

'My two cents'
    theory plot hole: how does he know kakashi and gai so well?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengon View Post
    theory plot hole: how does he know kakashi and gai so well?
    Could be the Zetsu part, but I don't know. To me, the past chapter and one before, Tobi showed the most humanity... even if it seemed to be through bitterness and contempt. But those were more sincere, real emotions IMO. And it was towards Kakashi and Gai.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently looking forward to seeing if all of the other bijuus chakra is somehow going to be used to give Kyubi a pokemon evolution.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Maybe tobi is just a clone and he planed on getting nagato to use RT on him so he could put madara's soul inside his(tobi) body
    his personality is too complex to be just a merely clone .....

and Naruto's clone defeating Edo kages was so ridiculous , so imagine that main villain who is behind of most characters death being a clone .....
    خداحافظ

New Reply
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast