Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 168 Discussion/169 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Beelzebub Chapter 168 Discussion/169 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Beelzebub.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ILikeSleeping's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 168 Spoiler Thread (NEXT CH: 15/08)

http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=48428472
    Chapter 168 raws.

Huh...those pictures turned out a lot larger than I expected...

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 168 Spoiler Thread (NEXT CH: 15/08)

English scanlation is out. Can't read them because I'm at work, but you'll find them at the usual places.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 168 Discussion/169 Predictions

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/123771/...red-hawk-scans

-----

Well, decent chapter. this arc could last a bit longer, probably one or two more chapters. Oga's reaction when imitating Kugayama's words are really funny, I guess we found his weakness now, love. :
    I was also expecting that the painting will be brought into the Derp Demon Lord in a crazy way, but I should've known that they'll use that guy from Demon Express again. Another important thing is that I suppose Beel's mother is not died, probably she is captivated or something?
    Poor Furuichi, he should know that the paycheck is still redeemable even though it has a hole in it. Now you should use the tissue to wipe your tears.

Probably we'll get another episodic chapter next week, as interval between serious arc.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShadyInversion's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole Himekawa X Kugayama thing was confusing. He threw the fight or not? Mrs. Kugayama? Who/What is Hasui?

However the "reward" was even more random and worthless than I imagined even Hilda immediately gives it to Furuichi. Hopefully we see the female form of Kugayama soon. She'll probably be unrecognizably feminine.

Wonder if the arc is over now?

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyInversion View Post
    The whole Himekawa X Kugayama thing was confusing. He threw the fight or not? Mrs. Kugayama? Who/What is Hasui?

However the "reward" was even more random and worthless than I imagined even Hilda immediately gives it to Furuichi. Hopefully we see the female form of Kugayama soon. She'll probably be unrecognizably feminine.

Wonder if the arc is over now?
    1. He threw the fight or not? Not really. He was trying to cheat by attacking Kugayama while they're losing their balance.
    2. Mrs. Kugayama? I believe it is the translation of "Kugayama-sama".
    3. Hasui? Himekawa's Butler. http://www.batoto.net/read/_/17745/b...d-hawk-scans/6

I think the arc is pretty much over now, since the objective of the mission is already fulfilled.
    Last edited by Doraku; August 13, 2012 at 08:34 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like say so many things about the Chapter there will be nothing left. So i let the Kugeyama part open, too much tought about this Chapter.
    First i like the drawing faces of Himekawa and Hilda. When Himkeawa whistle, while sitting out the open marriage Question. The Second was when Furichi looks to Hilda after they spoke about. Furichi asking about the Breast and look then too Hilda. Yeah Yeah in some Point special female and Breast furichi goes the straight Way. So i would say the Tamura likes to drawing facial expressions, special funny types one.

That is really strange for Himekawa. When you in a fiancee without even knowing who is it and then it turns out its your best friend. In that Point Himekawa is so dump like Oga when it comes to girlfirends and love.

But the most curious Part is Ogas weak Point. He spit out Blood by hearing about the great Love Story. But on the other Side he saying such amazing Words to Hilda. "You sre like a mother to him right know. That words are more matured that living in love. Maybe Himekawa and Oga the mature Character when it comes of acting to other Person.

I think we should start a voting, if People believe that Kugeyama comes to Ishiyama as a Female. For a visit in a Arc between Arcs, like the Riceboy Festival. Or will she stay in Ishiyama as a Woman and then on Himekawas Side.

Maybe hasui is well know by anyone, that he stays on Himekawas side very long. Maybe he was his Buttler from Kindergarten, that would be funny. Hasui, Kugeyama and Himekawa three Person know there role in world very early.
    Last edited by Black Hawk; August 13, 2012 at 08:44 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing much to say. Outside of Oga's hilarious reactions, the chapter ended rather unceremoniously. Although, I did love the tissues.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Incoming long ass chapter review.

Oh God, this chapter. I was not expecting this chapter to be so laugh-out-loud funny. Oh Oga, you really do have the IQ of a kamquat or something.

This should be a dismotivator: Oga Tatsumi: Unable to distinguish gender since 2009.

Oga really stole the show with trying to relate with Kugeyama ("I understand, I was raised a man as well" LMAO), only to go into shock along with Himekawa. Poor Furuichi, having to deal with their antics (though he acted no better, wondering about her cup size. I seconded Hilda's death glare). The ending was really fitting too, its almost like the Demon Lord gave a tissue pack just so Furuichi can cry at the unluckiness in his life.

So the srs part. Himekawa did not know Kugeyama was a woman, and on top of that, he did not know she was his fiancee. *cue reveal music* Here I was hoping Kugeyama would continue to wear mens clothing even when she transferred to St. Ishiyama, but we all know that's not going to happen now. Apparently Kugeyama puts in a lot of effort to be a man, even though she enjoys it. As a woman, I feel sorry for her being born into such a patriarchal system.

Tamura took a very conventional approach to why Kugeyama crossdresses, but I'm somewhat unhappy with the outcome. I've read other stories where woman are forced to act like men, and its quite an iconic trope, going back as far Osamu Tezuka's Princess Knight. And every time, the heroine is never happy with being in the middle, she always has to choose between being a woman, or being a man without "really" being a man. She can't be both. And that's unfortunate. I liked the idea that Kugeyama dresses the way she does because its simply a part of her, and even more so I just assumed everyone knew except Oga & co. It would have been a great subversion and really interesting to have her be reintroduced in St. Ishiyama as she is. (I'm just assuming that's where the plot is going...)

At the same time, I understand why Himekawa acted the way that he did. He just saw Kugeyama as a friend, and on top of that he saw her as a man. He didn't know Kugeyama was hiding so much from him, and its understandable he would feel hurt considering they were supposed to be best friends. He shouldn't agree to a marriage he's had no emotional investment in, and its wrong for Kugeyama to expect that from him at such short notice. But it still leaves a bittersweet feeling knowing that Kugeyama is going to have to change a lot just to repair her relationship (let alone her friendship) with him. I mean, that was to be expected considering she betrayed him, but I didn't expect gender identity to factor into the equation. =/

Another thing I thought was really random and yet I know I should have expected it considering Tamura likes to tie in things with the anime -- HIMEKAWA'S BUTLER! I know from pixiv a lot of people are inquisitive about him, but I just assumed...that it was nothing. He was a well-drawn background character. But the fact that Kugeyama KNEW HIM made my jaw drop. I did no expect it. AT ALL. Well played, Tamura.

Last but not least, Hilda and Oga's conversation threw me for a loop. Oga seemed fine with Iris's presence a couple of chapters ago, but in this chapter he acts confused that Hilda would want Beel to meet her. He also asks why because Hilda acting as Beel's mother is enough....but that isn't actually an issue I would raise. Personally I think its Beel's right to know about his biological parents, even if he has a stronger bond with Oga and Hilda. So Oga's question didn't really make sense. Then again, I've had this feeling for a while that Hilda and Oga's relationship might change because of the re-introduction of Beel's biological parents. I'll probably post about it a bit later. :P

12. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Himekawa is pretty blind himself if he wasn't able to realize that Kugayama was a girl back when they were playing video games.

I mean damn...

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Himekawa isn't very bright so that might be the reason.
    please click on them to help them grow.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

the scene when Oga and Himekawa coughing blood make me laughed hard.. Oga trying to understand something that he can never understand and Himekawa feel the pressure because of the feeling thing.A tissue as a reward from doing a work for great demon lord... not that bad huh..

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    First i like the drawing faces of Himekawa and Hilda. When Himkeawa whistle, while sitting out the open marriage Question. The Second was when Furichi looks to Hilda after they spoke about. Furichi asking about the Breast and look then too Hilda. Yeah Yeah in some Point special female and Breast furichi goes the straight Way. So i would say the Tamura likes to drawing facial expressions, special funny types one.
    I agree, Tamura's artwork has been really improving lately. I loved Oga's facial expressions and I liked the subtle smile on Hilda's at the end.

But the most curious Part is Ogas weak Point. He spit out Blood by hearing about the great Love Story. But on the other Side he saying such amazing Words to Hilda. "You sre like a mother to him right know. That words are more matured that living in love. Maybe Himekawa and Oga the mature Character when it comes of acting to other Person.
    True. When I first read the chapter I was like, "wtf, where did that come from", but on reading it again, I get that he was reassuring her. I guess it just felt like mood whiplash because he acted so stupid at the beginning. xD

I think we should start a voting, if People believe that Kugeyama comes to Ishiyama as a Female. For a visit in a Arc between Arcs, like the Riceboy Festival. Or will she stay in Ishiyama as a Woman and then on Himekawas Side.

I think it's more likely she'll show up somewhere else, not necessarily transfer to Ishiyama. It would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by moonster x View Post
    the scene when Oga and Himekawa coughing blood make me laughed hard.. Oga trying to understand something that he can never understand and Himekawa feel the pressure because of the feeling thing.A tissue as a reward from doing a work for great demon lord... not that bad huh..
    Oga really stole the show this chapter. Even now, I'm chuckling to myself at Oga saying "yeah, I was raised a man, too".

So what do you guys think will happen next chapter? Jump into a new arc, or a breather chapter? I'd like to see Aoi, we haven't seen her this whole arc!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, lets do it, lets do it. *tought* (if i make an answer post to this post how long will this Post look, a half page) *tought gone*

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Incoming long ass chapter review.

Oh God, this chapter. I was not expecting this chapter to be so laugh-out-loud funny. Oh Oga, you really do have the IQ of a kamquat or something.

This should be a dismotivator: Oga Tatsumi: Unable to distinguish gender since 2009.

That why Oga and Aoi match up together so good. Oga who can´t and will speak about gender and a cute nice Aoi who can´t speak to Oga, Love, Dating and anything else belongs to pairing. That right Aoi was a real miss in this Chapter, with Kugeyama gender play and Love Story. But that was the Himekawa Arc, not another Couple, Love Triangle Arc.

Oga really stole the show with trying to relate with Kugeyama ("I understand, I was raised a man as well" LMAO), only to go into shock along with Himekawa. Poor Furuichi, having to deal with their antics (though he acted no better, wondering about her cup size. I seconded Hilda's death glare). The ending was really fitting too, its almost like the Demon Lord gave a tissue pack just so Furuichi can cry at the unluckiness in his life.

First come First. I never spend an Idea about the ending of this Arc. You right the tissue pack was good, so he could cry about the Money. My wish for the 50 Yen ending doesn´t happend, that bad. By the Side i really think that Tamura was playing Yakuza Games. I regonized when Furichi talks about the Consolation Prize. In the Yakuza Game Series there was also tissue the Consolation Prize in any Mini Game. Or maybe its an overall Consolation Prize. But you right is funny to see, that the strong Person, could not talk about the Gender. I wondering that "Hilli Hilli" make a death glare to Furichi. Maybe the old pervert comes out of Furichi.

So the srs part. Himekawa did not know Kugeyama was a woman, and on top of that, he did not know she was his fiancee. *cue reveal music* Here I was hoping Kugeyama would continue to wear mens clothing even when she transferred to St. Ishiyama, but we all know that's not going to happen now. Apparently Kugeyama puts in a lot of effort to be a man, even though she enjoys it. As a woman, I feel sorry for her being born into such a patriarchal system.

But she was born it, but playing the Game too. She wants the ultimate Power to rule the World and play her men role. She also can be a woman and stop thinking about all the Power.
    But i think that is the Point Himekawa speak about. When u want to rule the Land or the World and want to be a Woman then u have to choose a second and other Way. Look at Himekawa he is powerful but don´t stand at a Highclass school.

Tamura took a very conventional approach to why Kugeyama crossdresses, but I'm somewhat unhappy with the outcome. I've read other stories where woman are forced to act like men, and its quite an iconic trope, going back as far Osamu Tezuka's Princess Knight. And every time, the heroine is never happy with being in the middle, she always has to choose between being a woman, or being a man without "really" being a man. She can't be both. And that's unfortunate. I liked the idea that Kugeyama dresses the way she does because its simply a part of her, and even more so I just assumed everyone knew except Oga & co. It would have been a great subversion and really interesting to have her be reintroduced in St. Ishiyama as she is. (I'm just assuming that's where the plot is going...)

Could this Point also stand for real. I mean in asian World, not overall but most regions, Men are choosen befor Woman. Maybe Tamura want also shown this into his Manga, as a Sidenote. How many Woman get the chance to be so Powerful. I recorgnise or see this things often in One Piece. Last thing was the Es steroide stuff(the most used drug in japan) and show the young ones the bad side of it. I think Tamura works also with this. Sorry i didn´t read so much storys, where Woman must act like Men.

At the same time, I understand why Himekawa acted the way that he did. He just saw Kugeyama as a friend, and on top of that he saw her as a man. He didn't know Kugeyama was hiding so much from him, and its understandable he would feel hurt considering they were supposed to be best friends. He shouldn't agree to a marriage he's had no emotional investment in, and its wrong for Kugeyama to expect that from him at such short notice. But it still leaves a bittersweet feeling knowing that Kugeyama is going to have to change a lot just to repair her relationship (let alone her friendship) with him. I mean, that was to be expected considering she betrayed him, but I didn't expect gender identity to factor into the equation. =/

But if you get betryed by your best friend only for Power, that is baddest Moment in Beelzebub for long time. Kugeyama say it by herself, she wants to rule the Land and see the Chance coming up with the Potrait. But when Kugeyama do it to protect Himekawa, that was the first and most thought, then it was not betray of friendship.
    But Teeba what could Kugeyama do. Her secret Love and fiance Himekawa, come back to the School he never would get back. She has only the one Chance in her Eyes. What you would do. I´m not a Woman, but i would do the same. Try it no matter how it ends.

Another thing I thought was really random and yet I know I should have expected it considering Tamura likes to tie in things with the anime -- HIMEKAWA'S BUTLER! I know from pixiv a lot of people are inquisitive about him, but I just assumed...that it was nothing. He was a well-drawn background character. But the fact that Kugeyama KNEW HIM made my jaw drop. I did no expect it. AT ALL. Well played, Tamura.

Okay Himekawa need a Person from outside who help him and the his Butler helped him. I think its enough when he appears with the helicopter special equpment or what ever. For me he is not the important side Character, only in a triangle with Himekawa and Kugeyama.
    A Butler should know anything about his Master.

Last but not least, Hilda and Oga's conversation threw me for a loop. Oga seemed fine with Iris's presence a couple of chapters ago, but in this chapter he acts confused that Hilda would want Beel to meet her. He also asks why because Hilda acting as Beel's mother is enough....but that isn't actually an issue I would raise. Personally I think its Beel's right to know about his biological parents, even if he has a stronger bond with Oga and Hilda. So Oga's question didn't really make sense. Then again, I've had this feeling for a while that Hilda and Oga's relationship might change because of the re-introduction of Beel's biological parents. I'll probably post about it a bit later. :P

I like the Way u see it, maybe you see it from a different angle. But when i only see the three reaction faces from Hilda. Then it looks to me more that he like the words Oga was saying. The First Face we saw at least from Hilda, by the lost memorie Arc when she talks about familie addict. Over to a serious look and a happy smile. First she is a Demon Maid serve under the Royal house. But on the other Side she wants to have a own Family and raise Beel like her own Child. That was the Words from Mrs. Iris, the only Person Hilda a really deep friendship. And when we talk about pairing and Who will Oga ends up. Then we must follow how Hilda really thought about Family with Oga, Beel and Aoi. Demon with Human come together.

Its already done, only so short i was awaiting a longer one. To bad there is no else i could but into also.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is indeed a very funny chapter. Beelzebub really needs a bigger fan-base.
    Oga somehow hits my funny bone time and time again. I wasn't expecting to actually laugh like I did going into this chapter.

I was surprised when Kuga announced her love for pretty-boy Himekawa. I was like "HE'S GAY!" To be perfectly honest I didn't mind the idea.
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; August 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply