Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toriko 199 Discussion Thread

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 199 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VashDaStampede View Post
    Uh oh, looks like Teppei is about to get in on the action. Great chapter! I like all the new moves. But I think Toriko and Coco have the best. Toriko can shoot a boomerang knife and cut so gently with food honor that the beast didn't know he was cut until a few seconds later. And Coco can create a poison virus that scan through antibodies and find a poison that will work. And probably what I found the most interesting...Coco can throw a spear at the speed of light or does the spear itself speed up to the speed of light? Maybe it was the translation... And the speed of light would be way faster than Zebra's speed of sound.

With that being said, I think Zebra has the best chance of getting a power up from the beast he's fighting. His beast shoots lava...imagine if Zebra could add heat to his sound attacks? Or just heat attacks? Like heat breath or something like that? I'm just thinking back to how he used the mellow cola carbonation to protect Komatsu from the heat when they left the Gourmet Pyramid.

I think Teppei will fend off the main body until all the pieces come back together or when one of the 4 Kings gets there to help take it out. Then I think they will hear about the mystery guy controlling the four beast after that and possibly all 4 will go after him.

After that I think will get a little break and then the cooking festival.
    You perfectly describe what I think about this chapter.

Coco's and Toriko's improvement were well explained and drawn out. Sani's skill improvement isn't so easy to be shown, it was well done but not as good as Toriko's and Coco's show. Zebra is brute and rough, the final page in which he beats the turtle king is awesome

I agree that the people might be lucky that teppei is present. I also think he might hold off the main body enough till the others come back
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 199 Discussion Thread

Great chapter, was honestly surprised by Coco's powerup, what can I say... It is absolutely frightening to say the least, and Toriko showed some cool moves too
    I guess we're getting close to see the main body soon

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Coco can attack at the speed of light! How can anything beat that?
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

^If it flies you can't dodge it, you would have to stop him before he can conjure and throw the spear. It is really powerful and it looks like author wanted to improve where Coco lacked the most - speed.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You cant dodge something at the speed of light
    The only way to stop the attack would be:
    1) stopping Coco before he threw it
    2) a very powerful defense that you set up before he throws the spear.
    Devour this Manga

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Or we can just call it hyperbole and leave it at that.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member lunacat's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

i've got some theories about some points in the manga i would like to discuss with you guys :
    1- first about gourmet cells in general, there aren't much information about them yet and if the Bishokukai have them it can't be the same formula or they could have messed it up a bit based on their looks compared with the Bishokuya.
    2- we still don't know who's Jirou's son (i.e Teppei's father) nor the reason why Jirou keeps drinking non stop, i was thinking maybe because his son could be one of the Bishokukai, since we also didn't see him at the meeting of the members of the 0th biotope (if he is a member that is or even was).
    3- when Ichiryuu called Midora "little brother" i really thought they could be real brothers and not just comrades but not enough infos and also that's not the point. why didn't Midora kill him then? he had the chance since it was his lair, it's either he knew Ichiryuu is stronger or he holds respect for him or doesn't want to have anything to do with him since we haven't seen the Bishokukai attacking the bishokuya directly unless they're seeking food.
    4- and last, about Staajyun, he seemed like the manly version of Sani xD he doesn't seem like a really bad guy (or so it seems) and i wouldn't be surprised if we see him on the good side someday, am still confused about him though, there's something i can't put my hands on about him...

anyway that's what's on my mind now

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm i like 4 the best as a discussion topic. Staajyun isnt disrespectful towards food like most other Bishokai. Its true that Staajyun has had multiple opportunities to kill Toriko and diddn't. Maybe he has some link to Toriko's past and for some reason wants to keep him alive. Or maybe he believes Toriko is the one who will really attain God. But I agree he isn't a bad guy.
    Devour this Manga

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    Hmm i like 4 the best as a discussion topic. Staajyun isnt disrespectful towards food like most other Bishokai. Its true that Staajyun has had multiple opportunities to kill Toriko and diddn't. Maybe he has some link to Toriko's past and for some reason wants to keep him alive. Or maybe he believes Toriko is the one who will really attain God. But I agree he isn't a bad guy.
    You better go read Jewel meat arc and Puffer whale to see that he isn't one bit picky about trashing beasts and food too

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jet Piston's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished reading all the Toriko chapters and I am at a loss for words. I love this series. This chapter was insane. Zebra is my favorite.

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Piston View Post
    I just finished reading all the Toriko chapters and I am at a loss for words. I love this series. This chapter was insane. Zebra is my favorite.
    Welcome to toriko! I'm glad you've found it, this is a series that is widely respected as "better than bleach" and will probably take the place of one of the big 3 manga, say, when naruto ends or something. I hope you have a good time with us and the community here, and you'll also notice that there is a lot to be seen by going back and re-reading previous chapters and fights and seeing the spectacular landscapes and creatures and things.

To some of the other posters above me, it is difficult but possible to dodge a spear at lightspeed, you would just need to dodge it a split second before it's thrown, it's unlikely that you can stop something with such insane momentum, so defenses wont work properly, you know. Something that can preempt his poison spear can make sure that it misses simply by not being there, but then again, coco's "super-sense" is vision, so perhaps making him miss is quite difficult due to his super eyesight.

On that note, yes staa-jun is extremely callous in his treatment of ingredients, he is horribly wasteful, and tends to kill ingredients just for the kill, in the puffer fish whale arc, he swam through miles of water to get to the puffer fish whale, and just pointlessly killed everything he saw, even though he was using his gt robo and couldn't eat any of it, and none of it posed any danger to him whatsoever.

Likewise during the jewel meat arc in addition to his previous crimes, he killed his ally's gt robo even though he could have helped him, just because. To the contrary of what was said earlier, he might very well be the worst of the bishokoya, though his calm professional demeanor suggests a reasonable person, and his tendency to use gt robos makes it easy for us to forget it was him who did that.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2