Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The return of CP9?

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

The return of CP9?

Holly smokes it's been ages since I made a thread, but here it goes

I was reading this week chatpter and something caught my attention

Is that Rob Lucci with a bottle of Jack Daniels? and if it its, nothing good can come out of that
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The return of CP9?

Interesting development here. I guess the most important question here though is just how strong has lucci grown over the past 2 years. He was even with luffy the last time he fought with him however there is the consideration that he was 28 years old. More so, luffy from two arcs later showed his strength was by all intents and purposes not worth a damn in the new world. Lucci and co had particular skillsets which would be useful to any crew. They were trained spies and assasins with a nack for information gathering. Now, while those skills are useful not one person in CP9 from 2 years ago would have made it in the new world alone. Now, given the age bit I find it hard to believe that suddenly even enemy luffy faced suddenly became that strong. Lucci was around 28 in part one and had fodder level strength. In turn luffy now has strength the world should fear and he is only 19 or 20. Are we to believe a 28 year old lucci suddenly had a growth spur comparable to luffy's even though 20 years worth of previous training still left him at fodder level? I guess smoker, being older, also went through a significant increase in strength however does it suddenly make sense that everyone went through something like that? Most likely lucci did somehow keep up however I can't say I would be comfortable with that development. We are talking about lucci becoming 100 times stronger in 2 years than in his previous 20 years combined.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Interesting development here. I guess the most important question here though is just how strong has lucci grown over the past 2 years. He was even with luffy the last time he fought with him however there is the consideration that he was 28 years old. More so, luffy from two arcs later showed his strength was by all intents and purposes not worth a damn in the new world. Lucci and co had particular skillsets which would be useful to any crew. They were trained spies and assasins with a nack for information gathering. Now, while those skills are useful not one person in CP9 from 2 years ago would have made it in the new world alone. Now, given the age bit I find it hard to believe that suddenly even enemy luffy faced suddenly became that strong. Lucci was around 28 in part one and had fodder level strength. In turn luffy now has strength the world should fear and he is only 19 or 20. Are we to believe a 28 year old lucci suddenly had a growth spur comparable to luffy's even though 20 years worth of previous training still left him at fodder level? I guess smoker, being older, also went through a significant increase in strength however does it suddenly make sense that everyone went through something like that? Most likely lucci did somehow keep up however I can't say I would be comfortable with that development. We are talking about lucci becoming 100 times stronger in 2 years than in his previous 20 years combined.
    However logical you argument is, we have to remeber this is a fantasy world, and age doesn't play that much of a role here. The way ppl increase their strength here is "I'll train harder than I've ever trained before..BOOM new power level" its all reduced to "hard work" and "potential" Keeping that in mind Lucci could be at new world level by now
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

every enemy the strawhats have faced will come back in some way......of course cp9 is coming back....they will ne much stromger...how strong we dont know. they are trained killers and i dont see lucci following anyone else. i dont think they will be enemies but allies of the strawhats...kinda like the enemy of my enemy is my friend...they are both wanted by the government and cp9 has a bone to pick with them......ennies lobby was my fav arc...so i cant wait to see cp9

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, lucci always was following someone else. He worked for the world government and as far as we know he was fine with it. Odds are someone in his position would have joined another crew IMO. I mean, would he suddenly care about becoming pirate king or something? I don't think pirating in itself is something that fits lucci's character. I think he makes more sense as a crewmember who serves a specific purpose or a mercenary of sorts... I could see him selling his services to the yonko when necessary.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter covers did foreshadow a return of the CP9. Lucci is back alive and sailed off into the distance. My guess, is that the CP9 have formed their own band of mercenaries or vigilante assassins. It would be an interesting plot twist, can throw Luffy and Lucci back together into a battle, and would make sense. Lucci seemingly left the government when he took out all the marine troops and talked to Spandam. Who knows? Maybe he teamed up with Aokiji after Aokiji quit. I don't think Aokiji is going to just disappear, he's two interesting, and important a character. He needs a reason to be Luffy's enemy. Perhaps the CP9 and Aokiji find a way to deal out justice their own way, not under the corrupt government. (Although the CP9's justice was pretty corrupt. Aokiji, on the other hand was an a lot more rational marine.)

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like Aokiji to be a bounty hunter in the NW and have the CP9 guys working under him.

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, lucci always was following someone else. He worked for the world government and as far as we know he was fine with it. Odds are someone in his position would have joined another crew IMO. I mean, would he suddenly care about becoming pirate king or something? I don't think pirating in itself is something that fits lucci's character. I think he makes more sense as a crewmember who serves a specific purpose or a mercenary of sorts... I could see him selling his services to the yonko when necessary.
    An underworld broker certainly fits him, he might be working for Dofla, though I guess Lucci was under the WG, but he acted in the name of Justice, at least his sense of it. So he viewed the WG as Justice so he served it, a radical change to Lucci's character is not needed, at least I hope he still follows his logic. Dofla is the most interesting choice to team up with, they both have a similar sense of Justice.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    An underworld broker certainly fits him, he might be working for Dofla, though I guess Lucci was under the WG, but he acted in the name of Justice, at least his sense of it. So he viewed the WG as Justice so he served it, a radical change to Lucci's character is not needed, at least I hope he still follows his logic. Dofla is the most interesting choice to team up with, they both have a similar sense of Justice.
    Where do you get this from?
    Lucci´s sense of justice was always clear, always black and white. The World Government are the good ones and are allowed and even supposed to do everything they can to erase and destroy criminals like pirates, bandits etc, there is no room for doubt.
    Flamingo´s sense of justice is as different from Lucci´s as it can be because Flamingo has no absolute justice to begin with. The one who is superior always decides what justice is, whether they are pirates, the government or any other institution. So opposite to Lucci´s absolute and dark justice, Flamingo´s sense or rather definition of justice is very relative.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ITS NOT A QUESTION OF IF, BUT WHEN. all of the main villians make another appearnance in the stroy at some point. Oda has shown the guy in the top hat more than once, so its obvious he wants us to pay attention 2 it.

im sure its lucci and i bet the captain of the black cat pirates has joined them

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Where do you get this from?
    Lucci´s sense of justice was always clear, always black and white. The World Government are the good ones and are allowed and even supposed to do everything they can to erase and destroy criminals like pirates, bandits etc, there is no room for doubt.
    Flamingo´s sense of justice is as different from Lucci´s as it can be because Flamingo has no absolute justice to begin with. The one who is superior always decides what justice is, whether they are pirates, the government or any other institution. So opposite to Lucci´s absolute and dark justice, Flamingo´s sense or rather definition of justice is very relative.
    The way I look at it, Doflamingo was someone that first brought up the term Justice after the CO9, so I think Oda was alluding that they have similar viewing points, though not as ruthless, I think Doflamingo hides his action under Justice. "Justice will prevail" is a term they both used I think. Not completely similar, but I think it is fair to say that it unites them a bit, unlike other villains that do not have that much in common.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine Lucci to ever follow someone else than the government, even if they threw him out. He was a fanatic. I think it would be more plausible if the CP 9 are now after Robin and Luffy, to restore their image.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt that silhouetted man is Lucci. Just because he has a top hat, doesn't make him Lucci. If Oda would have wanted us to know it was Lucci, we'd see Hattori in shadow as well, as Hattori is always on or near Lucci. As for his re-appearance, I'm sure he and the rest of CP9 will be more of a neutral party. Their side-story has shown that they are now wanted by the government and are just traveling since the WG attacked them at their homeland. They've shown that they aren't completely evil, and it seems they just want to be left alone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gao_dargon View Post
    Holly smokes it's been ages since I made a thread, but here it goes

I was reading this week chatpter and something caught my attention

Is that Rob Lucci with a bottle of Jack Daniels? and if it its, nothing good can come out of that
    Well, it could fit:

But as we know: Lucci and the former CP9 stayed somewhere in Paradise to raise the next generation of fighters for justice. I don't know how it would fit that Lucci now appears in the New World as broker.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

luci and old cp9 are betrayed by the WG and as they were they fits perfectly with revolutionaries. specialy becouse they views were always "or, or" and RA doing the spy buisiness needs people like them so CP 9 could act as a brokers for RA...
    Last edited by Zoronoa Roro; September 17, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast