Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About Kurapika goals.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

About Kurapika goals.

In last chapters we have seen that Kurapika is influential in the Mafia World and has found many Scarlet eyes.With the new anime,i remembered that he has 3 goals.

1-Kill the Ryodan.
    2-Find Scarlet eyes.
    3-Kill body collectors.

With his new connections,he has seen many scoundrels.Do you think he has worked or encountered Gyro in order to achieve his goals?Has he killed Neon and Light?

Maybe it's because i want to see him but an alliance with Kurapika and Gyro would be great.I also think Gyro manipulates Hoicoro behind the scenes.

Here is my theory:

Kurapika is Gyro's right hand man.Gyro manipulates Hoicoro and wants to use Dark Continent to achieve his goals.Kurapika stays with him because he wants to see if there is other Kuruta in Dark Continent,but he wants to kill Gyro later.He wanted to see Gon but he was busy so he asked Senritsu to visit him.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About Kurapika goals.

Too intricate and too soon to say so, but I HOPE that Gyro is not involved with this.
    After all, Togashi clearly marked his relation with Gon...Not with anyone else.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Too soon. Have the things we predicted and culminated in all of the years talking about HxH ever came true?? Never!!

But really I wanna see Kurapika's progress. It's been way too long. He's a dang genius. I'm more excited about the HxH movie and see how his clan is murdered.

BTW does anybody have any info on the other spiky blonde guy in these pictures is?
    http://www.google.com/search?q=hunte...G6Wc2AWUk4GoDA

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I seriously doubt Kurapika is now Gyro's lackey.

I think Kurapika has essentially replaced Light Nostrade and is the acting boss.

Kurapika should be a direct subordinate of the Ritz Family now.

I do think Gyro will use the deaths of the Ten Dons to his advantage somehow.

Also I think Gyro and Meteor City vs The Phantom Troupe will happen.
    But Kurapika will not be involved.

I don't think Gyro is behind the Dark Continent. But it will pique his interest.

Kurapika only wanted to kill the Phantom Troupe.
    He wants to ARREST the "network of scum".

Likely Kurapika will use his new power to create chaos within the ranks

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chain Bastard's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how Togashi will talk about him. Link Mafia/Dark Continent ? Parallel story ? Troll "Scarlet Eyes : found. The end " ? We are not sure to see him again, after all. Although I think Toga has an idea for a story with him. In Gyro's chapter, we see him already in suit.

(I have a question. He has five chains, right ? At this time, we only know four of them : Holy / Doujing / Judgment / Jaild. The fifth... She looks like a small sword. If this chain can fight anyone, & with Emperor Time, I believe Kurapika can become very powerful...)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Bastard View Post
    I wonder how Togashi will talk about him. Link Mafia/Dark Continent ? Parallel story ? Troll "Scarlet Eyes : found. The end " ? We are not sure to see him again, after all. Although I think Toga has an idea for a story with him. In Gyro's chapter, we see him already in suit.

(I have a question. He has five chains, right ? At this time, we only know four of them : Holy / Doujing / Judgment / Jaild. The fifth... She looks like a small sword. If this chain can fight anyone, & with Emperor Time, I believe Kurapika can become very powerful...)
    I think the final chain is a auto kill/suicide

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chain Bastard's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

When he breaks his promise about Ryodan ? It would be really interesting !

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Kurapika is directly involved with Gyro, but his actions could influence the related events/outcome.

I have always thought Kurapika took over the Nostrade business, or wrecked it down, or used its connections, or something. I hope he didn't kill Light and Neon, but it's an open possibility.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing is sure,he must be doing something very important.Among the 4 main,he is the one who values the most friendship IMO.Maybe he tries to protect them?And it's odd,Leorio has surely talked with Senritsu,who was supposed to stay with him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Kurapika only wanted to kill the Phantom Troupe.
    He wants to ARREST the "network of scum".
    When Kurapika first appeared, he said that he wanted to "arrest" the Phantom Troupe. He probably believed this himself. He fashions himself as "just" and a paragon of the law (hence the judicial puns associated with his Nen abilities--"The Arbiter Little Finger Chain"; "The Restraining Middle Finger Chain"; cops are the real-world equivalent to Blacklist Hunters). But when he is enraged, Kurapika becomes extremely irrational. He is far more willing to adhere to his own personal morality than follow the law in these situations (evidenced by his choice to kill Uvogin--he didn't have to do it, but he found the man a morally reprehensible villain).

I could see Kurapika killing anyone associated with his eyes. Especially since it seems as though he doesn't care about whether or not he obtains them legally. There are far too many people in the world that care about their possessions more than they do their lives. Collectors especially.

Do you think Neon the type of person whom would willingly sell or give away the Kurta eyeballs based on an emotional appeal? I highly doubt it. Money is no issue to her. She only cares about her possessions, as she proved after the Underground Auction massacre (see ch. 79--her complete nonchalance towards Dalzollene's death shows that she doesn't really care for people she knows).

12. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Popo
    Do you think Neon the type of person whom would willingly sell or give away the Kurta eyeballs based on an emotional appeal? I highly doubt it. Money is no issue to her. She only cares about her possessions, as she proved after the Underground Auction massacre (see ch. 79--her complete nonchalance towards Dalzollene's death shows that she doesn't really care for people she knows).
    You only show the other side of the picture...
    Spoiler: light spoilers for now and some theories show

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    You only show the other side of the picture...
    Spoiler: light spoilers for now and some theories show
    That's a reaaaaaally liberal translation. The original Japanese volume doesn't say anything about Neon having been "moved." Instead, Melody says something like: "After we found out, even though the Scarlet Eyes were taken, the boss was more shocked at the commotion Eliza threw. She said she wanted to go home. Actually, she's already headed to the airport."

It had nothing to do with emotions or feeling moved. Rather, Neon was surprised that anyone could feel so strongly about another's death.

Dalzollene seemingly has been around the Nostrade family for quiet some time. He led all other bodyguards and sort of served as a consigliere to the Nostrades. But Dalzollene is always very gracious to Neon and is primarily concerned with protecting her. Everything he does is for her own safety. He is the only one who seems to actually care about Neon. So I see Neon's nonchalance about his death and single-mindedness about whether or not she obtained a mummy as pretty deplorable.
    Last edited by Popo; August 05, 2012 at 09:55 AM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Popo View Post
    (evidenced by his choice to kill Uvogin--he didn't have to do it, but he found the man a morally reprehensible villain).
    Kurapika put the chain of Uvogin heart to force him to betray the Ryodan. So he at least gave the opportunity to Uvogin. And he didn't wanted to kill Kuroro or Pakunoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Keirin's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course kurapika wanted to kill uvogin. But he wanted to make sure he would succeed in killing the whole organization, so he was ready to let him live a bit longer in exchange for information and wanted to plan this thing well. He wasn't really ''giving him a chance''. Uvo didn't give up anything so why would he let him go? He'd just get his pals and kill Kurapika. He wanted to kill Kuroro, but valued the lives of his friends, probably the reason why he hasn't contacted them later.

In the beginning he claimed he wanted to arrest ryodan, a very noble goal, but he is really after revenge. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...FightsMonsters

I wonder if senritsu and basho even work for nostrade family anymore. Basho said he'd travel the world after the mission with the money he earned. Chances are they don't even know where is Kurapika or what he's doing.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    I think the final chain is a auto kill/suicide
    Maybe, but it should be something like the The Poor Man's Rose.

Btw you guys saw my Header for the contest? what do you think of Kurapika's chibis?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast