Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: The 'Destroyer of Time'.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member yukilove21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 'Destroyer of Time'.

Hi, so I'm currently not aware if this has been brought up or not, but I was thinking about how Allen is the 'Destroyer of Time' and how Bookman said in volume 6: "It is possible that Allen Walker is destined to destroy the Millenium Earl."

What if the title of DoT doesn't mean that?

Neah says he is "the one who destroys all".

What if Allen/Neah are going to be ending time in general, ending the world.

Also, on chapter 188 it says "as the 19th century draws to a close, the end of the world looms." It could possible that perhaps Hoshino could be dangling something right in our faces.

Of course, this could also just be me over thinking things, as per usual.

Current obsessions: One Piece and D.Gray-man.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 'Destroyer of Time'.

After the last chapter, I started thinking that "Destroyer of Time" may refer to Allen's ability/one time thing in somehow being able to successfully transcend time. In the last chapter we learned that supposedly Allen somehow became younger. Whether or not this happened with the help of an outside force (ie: The Order/Apocryphos/The Heart, Noah, Magicians, or something/someone else) the fact remains that Allen was, in a sense, able to bend/break the laws of time. Hence potentially "Destroyer or Time."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe there's even more to it than either of those ideas? I've been wondering a theory too and the last few chapters have helped me theorize about Allen. Maybe someone has already had this idea but I think our Allen is not Nea's Allen. After reading that Mana started calling him by that name, even though he was not originally called Allen at all and then Apo~guy making a big deal when killing cross that Allen wasn't the name he had first said to cross and the fact that Allen is younger and has no memories, it's very possible there's a mistake and our Allen is really someone else entirely and maybe that someone that he really is is a lot more of a big deal than anyone knows (or mayber Apo~ knows) but maybe he's the true destroyer of time; the undiscovered Allen. Hoshino likes to blow our minds with these things so it's not out of the realm of possibility!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the manga after the Earl is dealt with we'll see snoozing Allen accidentally smash his ringing alarm clock, thus fulfilling the prophecy.

But a more serious idea it's probably something to do with Allen's age crisis or Nea blowing up the Earl's moonbase that controls time earth.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

6. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner midnightpony's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    At the end of the manga after the Earl is dealt with we'll see snoozing Allen accidentally smash his ringing alarm clock, thus fulfilling the prophecy.
    If D.Gray-Man seriously ended like this....... Lets just say it would be BAD!!

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Roux23's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Allen is going to turn out to be that Allen or else the whole story line of Mana and knowing the song that belongs to the 14th wounldnt work. Besides the older
    Allen that is shown offering Nea his body has snow white hair. He de-aged and forgot who he was and I think his curse placed by Mana is going to turn out to be more then just seeing the souls of the akuma. Plus Cross knew who Allen was the whole time, it shows him telling Mother about who Allen really is when he was little. The Allens are going to be the same its just taking way to long for Hoshino to connect the dots of the 14th and Allen, and what would really make the most sense is that with Allen being the "destroyer of time", is that he could bend time or change things, and maybe he replaced his older self that took Nea in with his younger self and that would explain why Allen is younger instead of being older and has forgotten Nea, because he didn't know him yet...........

New Reply