Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 107 Discussion/108 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tower of God Chapter 107 Discussion/108 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Tower of God.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

• *Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out.
    • Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 107 Spoilers

New chapter is out

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...08&weekday=mon

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Fast translation by LaFa:

Quote Quote:
    The dude's Viole's teacher.
    He's a high ranker.
    Hwa Ryun tells Wangnan of Viole's past.
    The high ranker was originally here to get rid of the team, but he decided to spare them.

They said that some members went out to check on the opponents in the next test, which is this week.
    The new guy's name is Ha JinSung.
    He is too proud of Viole; he tells Wangnan that Viole is a genius and that he's never seen anyone like him.
    He also asks if they made Viole do some housework.

Wangnan asks Hwa Ryun if FUG truly believes that Viole can murder Zahard.
    He tells Hwa Ryun that because Zahard became a King after creating contracts with the Guardians, no regulars are able to kill him due to the contract.
    He says that Viole isn't an exception.
    Hwa Ryun says that Wangnan knows an old fact.
    She says that "we" cannot kill Zahard.
    And she tells that they met someone in the floor of tests 6 years ago who can fulfill their wish.

And Jinsung calls VIole Baam.

There are a lot of people in FUG who aren't too pleased with the current situations.
    They want Viole to climb with a team that suits him.

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 107 Discussion/108 Predictions

Interesting. So FUG has more and more High Rankers under their command, and now perhaps even a member of the Ha family (assuming that he is related to them, although his hair is different, so he could just be an adopted Ranker), so perhaps he's one of Yuri's uncles or something. Somehow, I don't think he'll be one of the Slayers, just one of the numerous High Rankers who are part of FUG. It does seem that the whole Zahard faction seems a little unaware of all of the High Rankers who are part of FUG. We've seen five High Rankers, although perhaps six if Hwa Ryun's a High Ranker, and three of them are FUG members, although Yuri's stronger than the three FUG members. Evan's a guide, and while he's ranked higher than Yuri, guide's are supposed to not focus on combat, so I'm unsure of how it works. I wish we could get something specific that would tell us whether someone like Yu Han Sung were stronger than Evan, for example.

We get an explanation about how Baam mysteriously assaulted Hwa Ryun with a blast of shinsoo without a contract, so that's worth something.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

In some ways, Ha JinSung seems to be one of the odder characters in ToG. FUG definitely seems to have an odd collection of individuals, and Ha JinSung is not really what I expected. He's entirely relaxed, and willingly disobeys orders to allow Baam to do what he wants.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; August 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Yihwa's thinking who the heck this creepy red-haired girl is.

Then someone else comes in, saying "Hey, Ryun, I thought only the 3 of us were going to meet"
    "Is it a new member?"

With that, Yihwa's sure that they're all FUG.
    The man notices that the hair pin on Yihwa's hair is the symbol of the Yeon Clan and asks if she is a spy of the 10 Family.

Viole tells him (named JinSung)to stop and that she's his ally.

The man apologizes, saying that he didn't know she was Viole's ally (he calls him Ole).

Yeon:
    "Who's your ally! You liar!!"

Then Yihwa starts to yell at Viole for secretly meeting with the FUG in a "place like this" and says it's dirty and sleazy.

The man gets mad, but Yihwa doesn't back down and keeps yelling.
    Viole warns Yihwa to stop for the man is a High Ranker.
    But Yihwa doesn't back down and Viole makes her faint.

Then JinSung asks what he's going to do with her.
    Hwa Ryun suggests going to Viole's place and talk. JinSung agrees.

==
    The 3 of them are sitting, while WangNan, GoSeng, and MiSeng are also sitting, feeling super scared and awkward.

WangNan asks them why they're here and JinSung tells him that he's here to see if his little Slayer candidate is doing well.
    He says that he was Viole's martial arts teacher and that he's been curious of Viole's new allies.

The Silver haired guy (forgot name... lol) and Yihaw's talking in the kitchen. They talk and along the line, silver haired guy asks Yihwa why she doesn't just leave if she doesn't like being with an FUG.
    Yihwa replies by saying she needs to keep an eye out for Viole.

But Silver haired guy asks if she's just afraid of going to another team. He heard from WangNan that because she couldn't control her powers, others didn't want her in their team.

Yihwa:
    "Then what are you going to do about it?"
    "Are you people going to laugh at me too?"
    "As a fool who doesn't even know how to control her own powers?"
    "As a trash...?"

And silver haired guy says "not really".
    he tells her that almost everybody else in the team is trash, so she's pretty well off. Also, he tells her that Viole can stop her so not to worry about it.

He says:
    "You need Viole"

=======

JinSung's bragging Viole, yelling that he's a genius. He says Viole can copy everything he's seen once.
    JinSung then asks where Viole's gone to. Hwa Ryun says he left a long time ago when JinSung started to brag about him.

GoSeng (or Miseng was it?) says he's probably on the roof as he likes to be alone on the roof from time to time.

JinSung goes off to meet Viole.
    GoSeng leaves taking MiSeng with her.

Conversation:

HwaRyun:
    "Your lucky"
    "Seems like he chose to leave you guys alive"

"Congratulations"

WangNan:
    "What do you mean...?"

Hwa Ryun:
    "The lead members of FUG wants Viole to go up the tower with those of his caliber. Not a problematic team like this"
    "That man didn't come just to meet Viole"
    "He was here to eliminate you all"
    "And make Viole join another team"

"But it seems like he won't kill you for now."
    "That man respects Viole's opinions"
    "But don't let your guard down"

"There are many in FUG who's quite unhappy with this situation"

"They wish for Viole to grow and accomplish their life long dream"
    "......."

WangNan:
    "Do you guys... really think Viole will be able to kill Zahard?"
    "Zahard became the tower's King after a contract with the tower's Guardian."
    "And according to the contract, residents of the tower can never kill him"
    "Even if Viole gets strong, nothing will change"

Hwa Ryun:
    "You know quite well"
    "You're right. 'We' can't kill Zahard"

"But what if he's free from the contract?"

WangNan:
    "..What?"

Hwa Ryun:
    "6 Years ago, we met someone on the Floor of Judgement, a person who could meet our life long dream"

"No, in reality"
    "We've been waiting for him since a long time ago"
    "Someone who's opened the door by himself"
    "Someone who's free from all contracts of the tower"
    "Someone who will pierce the King's heart and will dye the tower in blood"
    ========

JinSung:
    "You haven't changed at all. With that habit of staring blankly onto the roof"
    "What are you looking at"

"Baam. The Irregular"

===============

HwaRyun (I'm guessing):

"The moment he stands on the tower's peak"
    "Everything Will Change"
    http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/7...er-27-summary/

Epic chapter! This chapter did seem to suggest that Viole was the "prince" that was mentioned previously though I'm sure Wagnan is connected to this somehow

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that could imply that FUG might be happy if he climbed with Androssi, Hatsu, Anak, Lesoo, and Koon. :P

However, yes, this chapter does make it appear that Baam is the "Prince." Wangnan could always just be a delusion guy who found the ring and decided that he must be a Prince of Zahard. Nothing about Wangnan is special enough that he could be the prophesied Prince, whereas Baam is an Irregular, just like all of the original climbers of the Tower (such as Zahard himself) and he has incredible shinsoo resistance without it having been granted, in part, to him like how Yuri is even more resistant to shinsoo after she became a Zahard Princess. Baam has shown a level of genius that no other character on screen has shown, apart from how Yuri is one of the most gifted climbers ever in the speed of her ascension to the level of Ranker and her rise to being ranked roughly 500. Plus, Baam's our protagonist, and would anyone be happy if a minor character like Wangnan was going to fulfill the role of Prince and sort of replace the protagonist that we'd cared about?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, that could imply that FUG might be happy if he climbed with Androssi, Hatsu, Anak, Lesoo, and Koon. :P

However, yes, this chapter does make it appear that Baam is the "Prince." Wangnan could always just be a delusion guy who found the ring and decided that he must be a Prince of Zahard. Nothing about Wangnan is special enough that he could be the prophesied Prince, whereas Baam is an Irregular, just like all of the original climbers of the Tower (such as Zahard himself) and he has incredible shinsoo resistance without it having been granted, in part, to him like how Yuri is even more resistant to shinsoo after she became a Zahard Princess. Baam has shown a level of genius that no other character on screen has shown, apart from how Yuri is one of the most gifted climbers ever in the speed of her ascension to the level of Ranker and her rise to being ranked roughly 500. Plus, Baam's our protagonist, and would anyone be happy if a minor character like Wangnan was going to fulfill the role of Prince and sort of replace the protagonist that we'd cared about?
    It's strange though, the fact that Baam is an irregular and FUG now have a way to kill Zahard shouldn't be something that is spread lightly, yet Hwa Ryun freely mentions it to Wangnan. How do they know that he won't inform someone of this? The whole point of faking Baam's death and giving him a new identity was to sneak him through the tower without Zahard finding out, if Wangnan informs Zahard then this would have all been for nothing. No, I think there is more to Wangnan's character and he fits into FUG's plans.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    It's strange though, the fact that Baam is an irregular and FUG now have a way to kill Zahard shouldn't be something that is spread lightly, yet Hwa Ryun freely mentions it to Wangnan. How do they know that he won't inform someone of this? The whole point of faking Baam's death and giving him a new identity was to sneak him through the tower without Zahard finding out, if Wangnan informs Zahard then this would have all been for nothing. No, I think there is more to Wangnan's character and he fits into FUG's plans.
    I don't know. I've always thought that SIU isn't the best storyteller, as the plot often goes off track and we don't really get great backstories for characters, so I don't know what he's trying to do. SIU even tells us that he doesn't know where he's going with things, which often makes me not have the most confidence in his writing and future plots. I'm sure SIU has some general idea of where he's going with things, but we need some better idea and not just have often random plots put together. I wish Wangnan didn't exist, honestly. Have SIU add more to Wangnan's character then and not leave him as a pretty undeveloped character. About all we know is that he failed the 20th Floor test a bunch of times and sank into debt, and then has some troubled past (as if no one else in this story does ), and then forgave Lurker for killing Nia because the Tower forces people into doing stuff and Wangnan's possibly done bad things. Blah, blah, blah. If SIU can give Wangnan more of a backstory and more characterization, as well as a possible use, as he's pretty useless at this stage, maybe I'll be interested, but as it stands, Wangnan's just a distraction.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for the translated chapter, reading without the images is troublesome. But looks promising.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The mangapirate version of the chapter is out. I do plan to do a double review for this week and the last one but I'll wait until the company version comes out first.

There is a lot about this chapter I liked. I feel like several characters got deepened and we finally got to see some signs of the old Baam in Viole. The FUG aspect of the chapter is something I'm going to have to think more on. It seems to me like they are trying to use Baam to try and achieve something that he has no real reason to want to see done.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right, Jammin. The chapter ended up a lot better than how the quick tls made it seem. I loved the twitter comment, and I'll be looking forward to the Company version.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I don't know. I've always thought that SIU isn't the best storyteller, as the plot often goes off track and we don't really get great backstories for characters, so I don't know what he's trying to do. SIU even tells us that he doesn't know where he's going with things, which often makes me not have the most confidence in his writing and future plots. I'm sure SIU has some general idea of where he's going with things, but we need some better idea and not just have often random plots put together. I wish Wangnan didn't exist, honestly. Have SIU add more to Wangnan's character then and not leave him as a pretty undeveloped character. About all we know is that he failed the 20th Floor test a bunch of times and sank into debt, and then has some troubled past (as if no one else in this story does ), and then forgave Lurker for killing Nia because the Tower forces people into doing stuff and Wangnan's possibly done bad things. Blah, blah, blah. If SIU can give Wangnan more of a backstory and more characterization, as well as a possible use, as he's pretty useless at this stage, maybe I'll be interested, but as it stands, Wangnan's just a distraction.
    Well this is most likely going to turn into a long series so SIU could be saving the more significant backstories for later, so far the only proper backstories we got were for Anak and Androssi which weren't too bad. He clearly has a massive backstory planned for Baam and he's placed subtle hints like the Zahard symbol in the cave and that one panel of Rachel having her hair pulled by an unknown person (right before he freely used shinsoo to attack Hwa Ryun) which aren't signs of a storyteller who doesn't have a plan. With Hwa Ryun's comment that Wangnan knows of such "old knowledge", I doubt SIU has plans for Wangnan to be a useless character, he most likely does have an interesting backstory

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, some things are clear now. He's free of all contracts. Amazing.
    Loved this chapter, but the comment about the killing was the most interesting thing so far. I guess we will see how this teacher trains them in order to respect Baam's choice.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well this is most likely going to turn into a long series so SIU could be saving the more significant backstories for later, so far the only proper backstories we got were for Anak and Androssi which weren't too bad. He clearly has a massive backstory planned for Baam and he's placed subtle hints like the Zahard symbol in the cave and that one panel of Rachel having her hair pulled by an unknown person (right before he freely used shinsoo to attack Hwa Ryun) which aren't signs of a storyteller who doesn't have a plan. With Hwa Ryun's comment that Wangnan knows of such "old knowledge", I doubt SIU has plans for Wangnan to be a useless character, he most likely does have an interesting backstory
    I will agree with that to some extent. When Wangnan was introduced, SIU made it sound that Baam was no longer necessarily the protagonist or that events, while revolving around him, might really be used to push up Wangnan. We'll see what happens. I haven't gotten around to reading any of SIU's other manhwas, but the way that people talk about them, they're not always that great or long, and then we get weird explanations, such as that Exis stuff, which, because everything SIU writes occurs in the TUS, means that at times things just get screwy by him trying to connect events and explanations from different manhwas together.

The important part is that ToG is SIU's longest and most involved series to date, so I'm sure there's some plan with Wangnan, but he's even been more useless than the original Baam so far.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Wangnan & Yeon are really two interesting characters among the one who were introducted in the second part. I think that in the end Baam will end up with a "defect" from each family.

Wangnan is a defect from Zahad's family
    Yeon is also a defect from her family
    It wasn't that clear and wouldn't call him a defect but Koon seems to hate his family as well.

I think that we are looking at the next rulers of this tower. All of them supporting Baam.
    Those FUG are evolving in a grey area. Not fully evil but certainly not good as well.
    But I wouldn't mind such evil behaviour to be tried on a certain blonde girl in a wheelchair ...

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I was bored, so I was looking over some old chapters, and I came across Rachel's "Making a Man out of Baam." Apparently, the rules for men and women are different, or Rachel just talks out of her ass, which is entirely possible.

http://www.mangareader.net/1757-5882...hapter-20.html

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast