Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 107 Discussion/108 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 107 Discussion/108 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    You know, I was bored, so I was looking over some old chapters, and I came across Rachel's "Making a Man out of Baam." Apparently, the rules for men and women are different, or Rachel just talks out of her ass, which is entirely possible.

http://www.mangareader.net/1757-5882...hapter-20.html
    Or Rachel is more cunning than many people believe, indoctrinating the person who will gain you access into the tower into not betraying you isn't such a bad plan.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Or Rachel is more cunning than many people believe, indoctrinating the person who will gain you access into the tower into not betraying you isn't such a bad plan.
    Ah, but Rachel thought she'd make it in on her own, seemingly. It's not at all clear why Rachel played with/instructed Baam though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, so impatient... it's only been a few chapters since Wangnan was introduced, and you already want his backstory, prince of Zahard stuff and so. SIU has always shown some amazing story development so far, even if it didn't seem so at the start (to me, at least), so I expect him to keep it up.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Oh man, so impatient... it's only been a few chapters since Wangnan was introduced, and you already want his backstory, prince of Zahard stuff and so. SIU has always shown some amazing story development so far, even if it didn't seem so at the start (to me, at least), so I expect him to keep it up.
    Um, it's been half a year and I haven't seen anything which makes me have a vested interest in him . SIU needs to show us something, not just make it appear that Wangnan could be important and make cryptic afterword comments.

Do Yihwa, Teddy, and Silver Head have something that makes you interested, curious, or whatever? Yes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

With this revelation about the FUG's motive and Baam's role. I personally think that FUG is a bigger organization, then initially thought due to the new guy, who is supposed to be Baam's teacher. If each slayer candidate has his own mentor in their respective position's then there's no wonder that the Zahard factions are wary of them.

Now, about Hwa Ryun's revelation. I thought this scene with Wangnan alone was the most important and crucial part about this chapter. I mean, she literally confessed to him that Baam/Viole is an Irregular, that further indicates that Wangnan is indeed the "Prince of Zahard" and not Baam. Otherwise that wouldn't make sense, since she is trying to win him over and probably "taint" him with their (FUGs) ideals. And replace Zahard with his son, who has the same ideals as FUG, I think that's what they're aiming/hoping for.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

What opened my eyes to how spectacular the Zahard resisting FUG might be.. The Floor Supervisor above "LOVE" is FUG crony? That was a FUGGING Surprise!

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

What if Baam is the direct son of King Zahard?
    If Zahard has a contract with the Guardian, Shinsoo can not be used without a contract;
    Yet Baam can use Shinsoo, perhaps the contract may have been inherited by blood?
    How much of the story do you think that explains?

Also looking forward to learning FUG's strained relationship with Zahard.
    It would seem that, FUG's would be Zahard killer is Zahard himself. "Baam, this is your father."
    Except he is an Irregular number. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/IrregularPrime.html
    Be curious to see how Floors and Irregulars match up.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    With this revelation about the FUG's motive and Baam's role. I personally think that FUG is a bigger organization, then initially thought due to the new guy, who is supposed to be Baam's teacher. If each slayer candidate has his own mentor in their respective position's then there's no wonder that the Zahard factions are wary of them.
    I will agree with this. FUG was originally represented as a small group of powerful people, which does seem to be the case as every member revealed so far, minus Baam is a High Ranker. We don't know officially what Hwa Ryun's level is, although she's certainly at least a Ranker, and given that Evan was shocked when he saw her (and Evan's a High Ranker himself), she's probably a High Ranker. If all, or most, of the members of FUG are High Rankers, they're certainly a large threat then as Grace is on par with the 10 Family Heads and some of their High Rankers are directors on very important floors, such as the 2nd and the 20th. FUG definitely appears to be a lot larger than was originally thought.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, it's been half a year and I haven't seen anything which makes me have a vested interest in him . SIU needs to show us something, not just make it appear that Wangnan could be important and make cryptic afterword comments.

Do Yihwa, Teddy, and Silver Head have something that makes you interested, curious, or whatever? Yes.
    Half a year = 27 chapters... not that much, when you think about it from a different viewpoint. It's not half a year of reading, you know.

Actually, Wangnan has something that makes me curious - what's with all the prince of Zahard foreshadowing going on? I seriously doubt he's just a comic relief character.
    He's got an interesting trait, too - not giving a shit about anything if he can climb/survive. Who was the first person to ask Viole to let him join his team? Who was the only person to look for Viole for help? Yes, it's mister-you-know-who, and nobody else had thought of allying with a FUG member that tried to kill them 5 minutes ago. That's not something a common person would do.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Company scanlation is out SIU mentioned that next time will be more about the past but that he will try to limit it to move the plot faster, because that's what most of his fans seem to want. A manhwaka listening to his fans (at least to a certain extent) is something I really appreciate, well done SIU~

Anyway, awesome chapter so FUG really wants to kill Zahard with the help of Baam, something I absolutely cannot see happening at this point - mainly because I don't see the reason why Baam should want to do it. They seem to be pretty confident though so I'm relatively sure they know more about the whole Rachel incident (well Hwa Ryun knew about it and I really doubt she told Baam about this ).

Don't get the whole Wangnan talk, while he may not be as impressive/memorable as Baam yet we haven't seen much about him. He will get his backstory and he will get his development, it's way too early to judge him at this point. He's an okayish character for me (as of now) but I'm sure SIU has some good things in mind.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Company scanlation is out SIU mentioned that next time will be more about the past but that he will try to limit it to move the plot faster, because that's what most of his fans seem to want. A manhwaka listening to his fans (at least to a certain extent) is something I really appreciate, well done SIU~

Anyway, awesome chapter so FUG really wants to kill Zahard with the help of Baam, something I absolutely cannot see happening at this point - mainly because I don't see the reason why Baam should want to do it. They seem to be pretty confident though so I'm relatively sure they know more about the whole Rachel incident (well Hwa Ryun knew about it and I really doubt she told Baam about this ).

Don't get the whole Wangnan talk, while he may not be as impressive/memorable as Baam yet we haven't seen much about him. He will get his backstory and he will get his development, it's way too early to judge him at this point. He's an okayish character for me (as of now) but I'm sure SIU has some good things in mind.
    While it's great that they made that speech, Baam would still have to be one of the very best geniuses ever seen in the Tower and have ascended to the top levels of the High Rankers before he could ever have a chance against Zahard. Supposedly, it says that "regulars" can't harm Zahard, but by the time that Baam could ever a chance at seeing Zahard, he'd need to have been a Ranker, so I didn't get that speech, unless it was supposed to mean that normal people who climbed after Zahard, the 10 Family Heads, Grace, and the rest can't harm Zahard.

SIU could've done more with Wangnan so far though, NN.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While it's great that they made that speech, Baam would still have to be one of the very best geniuses ever seen in the Tower and have ascended to the top levels of the High Rankers before he could ever have a chance against Zahard. Supposedly, it says that "regulars" can't harm Zahard, but by the time that Baam could ever a chance at seeing Zahard, he'd need to have been a Ranker, so I didn't get that speech, unless it was supposed to mean that normal people who climbed after Zahard, the 10 Family Heads, Grace, and the rest can't harm Zahard.

SIU could've done more with Wangnan so far though, NN.
    Well that's what it was supposed to mean I think. Only an irregular can kill Zahard, which limits the amount of people a lot. Baam is the only one they can grasp atm would be my guess + he shows incredible potential. They might even know more about him, who knows.

Well it's quite difficult with two main characters, especially if nearly everyone cares more about what happened to Baam rather then Wangnan. Balancing character development and plot movement is a difficult thing but I feel like it won't take that long anymore until we get to know more about him.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My review for 106 & 107 is out (Here is a link for any who are interested)

I noticed I've confused Yihwa's name with her family name "Yeon" lately. God, I'm terrible with figuring out which is surname and which is a given name.

Also, I noticed upon reading some old chapters that Rachel is in fact also an irregular something I find interesting given the information about Zahards Achilles heel. When she beat the first test with Androssi, Hwa Ryun the ranker specifically said that there was an irregular and zahard princess. So I guess that's what she is. Also apparently Androssi knows that big guy that seems to serve Rachel, not sure how that's relevant but it seemed interesting.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 15, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    My review for 106 & 107 is out (Here is a link for any who are interested)

I noticed I've confused Yihwa's name with her family name "Yeon" lately. God, I'm terrible with figuring out which is surname and which is a given name.

Also, I noticed upon reading some old chapters that Rachel is in fact also an irregular something I find interesting given the information about Zahards Achilles heel. When she beat the first test with Androssi, Hwa Ryun the ranker specifically said that there was an irregular and zahard princess. So I guess that's what she is. Also apparently Androssi knows that big guy that seems to serve Rachel, not sure how that's relevant but it seemed interesting.
    Well, Rachel is an irregular, but she's also not really an irregular. She sort of got carried along with Baam, although she left first, so I don't know how that works. Headon seemingly just let her move on to the Floor of Test after Baam passed the Ball Test, but she didn't really "force her way" into the Tower, so I don't truly count her as an irregular, regardless of whether or not she officially counts as one. Quant's speech to Yu Han Sung after the Androssi, Akyrung, and Rachel slaughter the other 197 regulars supposedly makes Rachel an irregular, but...

---------- Post added August 16, 2012 at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was August 15, 2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

Well, looking at the Company's scan, regardless of my thoughts on how SIU has failed to develop Wangnan so far, he's labeling it the "Wangnan team," so that has to mean something. Perhaps we'll see next chapter.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally. I have been waiting for The Company's release. <3 This is getting even more interesting day by day.

It does seem that the whole Zahard faction seems a little unaware of all of the High Rankers who are part of FUG. We've seen five High Rankers, although perhaps six if Hwa Ryun's a High Ranker, and three of them are FUG members, although Yuri's stronger than the three FUG members. Evan's a guide, and while he's ranked higher than Yuri, guide's are supposed to not focus on combat, so I'm unsure of how it works. I wish we could get something specific that would tell us whether someone like Yu Han Sung were stronger than Evan, for example.
    It feels as if Zahard is yet to take this situation with FUG as something serious. That's my impression, haha~ We're not even sure what princesses of Zahard are doing except aiming towards each other's throat for the weapons.

In some ways, Ha JinSung seems to be one of the odder characters in ToG. FUG definitely seems to have an odd collection of individuals, and Ha JinSung is not really what I expected. He's entirely relaxed, and willingly disobeys orders to allow Baam to do what he wants.
    I don't completely believe what Hwa Ryun said, although I think she's correct that FUG is using Baam for their purpose. And for that they have made large compensation for Baam to do what he wants as long as he does what they want and get to see Rachel again. Jin Sung looks dangerous, despite his carefree look. Intimidating, if I may say.

However, yes, this chapter does make it appear that Baam is the "Prince." Wangnan could always just be a delusion guy who found the ring and decided that he must be a Prince of Zahard. Nothing about Wangnan is special enough that he could be the prophesied Prince, whereas Baam is an Irregular, just like all of the original climbers of the Tower (such as Zahard himself) and he has incredible shinsoo resistance without it having been granted, in part, to him like how Yuri is even more resistant to shinsoo after she became a Zahard Princess. Baam has shown a level of genius that no other character on screen has shown, apart from how Yuri is one of the most gifted climbers ever in the speed of her ascension to the level of Ranker and her rise to being ranked roughly 500. Plus, Baam's our protagonist, and would anyone be happy if a minor character like Wangnan was going to fulfill the role of Prince and sort of replace the protagonist that we'd cared about?
    About your question of the last line, I'm not yet sure what a prince of Zahard will do so I can't say much. For Baam I only want him to get on the top of tower and beat Rachel up for good (if he can, which I doubt). We haven't seen much from Wangnan indeed so maybe it's a bit too early to judge. I'm still expecting quite much from this boy; he couldn't have got that ring without a peculiar destiny to himself. XD

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    It's strange though, the fact that Baam is an irregular and FUG now have a way to kill Zahard shouldn't be something that is spread lightly, yet Hwa Ryun freely mentions it to Wangnan. How do they know that he won't inform someone of this? The whole point of faking Baam's death and giving him a new identity was to sneak him through the tower without Zahard finding out, if Wangnan informs Zahard then this would have all been for nothing. No, I think there is more to Wangnan's character and he fits into FUG's plans.
    I mentioned above about how I think Zahard takes this all lightly due to all the contracts and such, and probably that is also why Hwa Ryun does so. I wonder if she knows about the ring of Zahard Wangnan has, or who he actually is, thus she's trying to provoke him to do something in accordance to FUG's plan... Otherwise they seem to be just too confident in Baam that spreading this does not mean anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    Now, about Hwa Ryun's revelation. I thought this scene with Wangnan alone was the most important and crucial part about this chapter. I mean, she literally confessed to him that Baam/Viole is an Irregular, that further indicates that Wangnan is indeed the "Prince of Zahard" and not Baam. Otherwise that wouldn't make sense, since she is trying to win him over and probably "taint" him with their (FUGs) ideals. And replace Zahard with his son, who has the same ideals as FUG, I think that's what they're aiming/hoping for.
    Interesting idea. It is possible, although that does make me wonder why not the leader of FUG just take over Zahard's throne later, rather than spending time trying to "convert" Wangnan with the probability of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Actually, Wangnan has something that makes me curious - what's with all the prince of Zahard foreshadowing going on? I seriously doubt he's just a comic relief character.
    He's got an interesting trait, too - not giving a shit about anything if he can climb/survive. Who was the first person to ask Viole to let him join his team? Who was the only person to look for Viole for help? Yes, it's mister-you-know-who, and nobody else had thought of allying with a FUG member that tried to kill them 5 minutes ago. That's not something a common person would do.
    That's actually something someone in deep desperation can do.
    At that moment Wangnan just couldn't fail; for his lost friend, for his past, for his sacrifices. He didn't mind join hands with the devil to pay that all. Interesting, but I imagine anyone who is too obsessed with the tower can do that.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or the things are more faster than usual I hope we can see a training or some sort for the Wangnan team even if some are strong already they still couldn't possible be a match for Koon's team or Baams old friends well I hope they would all team up to climb the tower...

I think Wangnan is still on the process on developing his powers and will develop when they will climb the tower further... I think Tower of God is the most interesting manwha right now including shounen/seinen manga I think it will be on a HxH status if it could introduce an enemy like Genei Ryodan or an interesting enemy that isn't easily forgotten

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast