Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who is Tobi?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orochimaru

3 5.00%
  • Madara's creation

3 5.00%
  • Madara's ally (anybody else,but not Nawaki or Kagami or Obito)

2 3.33%
  • Rin

3 5.00%
  • Obito -_-

15 25.00%
  • Kagami -_-

6 10.00%
  • Nawaki -_-

1 1.67%
  • Madara(yes,I know he was supposed to be dead)

1 1.67%
  • New character

8 13.33%
  • Shisui

0 0%
  • Izuna

18 30.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Try and Piece together the Mystery that is "Tobi" - Images Provided

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Let's Try and Piece together the Mystery that is "Tobi" - Images Provided

Exhibit A:

- What can we find from this picture...?

- I see a few wrinkles under the eye, indicating his body has aged a little bit, he seems a couple years younger than the 3rd Hokage.

- He only reveals one sharingan...

Exhibit B:

- What can we find from this picture...?

- Once again you can see wrinkles under his right eye. This time his left sharingan is closing due to using Izanagi.

- He has bandages around his forehead....I wonder why...?

- You can also see his hair...it's black of course, given that he is an Uchiha.

- Now we know he has Obito's other eye.

Feel free to comment and share your thoughts...

Use as many images as possible in order to find out who this man is...upload uchiha photos and compare if necessary.
    Last edited by narutotheory; August 13, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's Try and Piece together the Mystery that is "Tobi" - Images Provided

compare the bag under his right eye to Madara's. That's enough indication they're pretty similar, only difference being is that we know madara is dead, so he or his soul can't be in Tobi.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    compare the bag under his right eye to Madara's. That's enough indication they're pretty similar, only difference being is that we know madara is dead, so he or his soul can't be in Tobi.
    And Obito supposedly *died* under those rocks, so Tobi can't be him either.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He did die under the rocks. The bag under the eye could be explained, but not more knowledge or better abilities that even took on Minato.

Tobi could still be Madara but without his soul. Dunno how, but it's possible. Could be made of solely chakra, which would explain why Tobi can tank almost any attacks and why his arms are of goo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

wait a minute

if u need someone to possess both the powers of the uchiha and the senju to use izanagi, why did itachi's speech when fighting kabuto make it seem like all sharingan holders can use it?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Depravity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi could still be Madara but without his soul. Dunno how, but it's possible. Could be made of solely chakra, which would explain why Tobi can tank almost any attacks and why his arms are of goo.
    I would consider this theory credible, however given Kishimoto's recent interview we may have to revisit that thought. I'm referring to this part of the conversation in particular:

Quote Quote:
    Question: What is the connection between Tobi and Madara?
    Kishimoto: Both ninja know one another. What kind of relationship do they have? Well, that will be gradually revealed as the story progresses!!
    As we can see, Kishimoto is referring to Tobi and Madara as if they are two separate entities. Two entities that know each other with a relationship. While one could say he was being metaphorical, I think this discourse is rather clear-cut. So for now I'd hold off on the Tobi = Madara via some unknowable means theory, as Kishimoto himself seems to have discredited it.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem is, you can't believe everything Kishi says in an interview. What he says tends to be different from what he does.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Depravity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem is, you can't believe everything Kishi says in an interview. What he says tends to be different from what he does.
    He doesn't say that he's explicitly going to do something, e.g Give Kakashi and the Konoha 11 more screen time. The point is that he refers to Tobi and Madara as two separate, independent entities, whom of which both have a relationship with each other. Could he simply outright lie or deviate from that? I doubt it. So the theory that Tobi and Madara are both one and the same is discredited. Not debunked, but discredited.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

like I said though, Kishi can change his mind at any time and go back on his words. What he can't do is go back on what he's drawn, not easily anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said in the other Tobi thread, I think Tobi is very likely Kagami Uchiha.

Why?

- Tobi knows space-time ninjutsu, and so did Tobirama. Kagami served under Tobirama who could've taught him that kind of jutsu. Unless Tobi's spacetime jutsu comes only from his Sharingan. The Fourth said Tobi's spacetime jutsu surpassed his and the Second Hokage's, and Kishimoto's theme seems to be to have the students surpass their teachers. So maybe Tobi surpassed Tobirama - his would be former master - in that category.

- The name Tobi is very similar to Tobirama, again Kagami served under him. He could've used his name as an inspiration.

- Tobi's plan for world domination is like Danzo's, and he was in the same squad as Danzo so that could explain their similar ways of thinking.

The rest I will quote from a Tobi theory thread:
    Quote Quote:
    Uchiha Kagami: The man who was in the squad of Tobirama, the brother of Hashirama Senju who was Madara's rival. Tobirama - the shinobi that the masked man derived his alias "Tobi" from.

Uchiha Kagami: The man who was in the same squad as both elders, Danzo, and Hiruzen. Four people all involved in the Uchiha massacre, and 3 of which Tobi brainwashed Sasuke to kill. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Uchiha Kagami: The man who picked up where his father left off, but was smarter than his father. Instead of destroying the Senju head on, he would infiltrate Konoha, and learn about their ways. "Patience is the key to success" ~ Tobi.

Uchiha Kagami: The man, the Uchiha, that Kishimoto quietly introduced, yet everyone overlooked.
    Tobi has also described Tobirama as the founder of the Uchiha Police, which according to him was to make it easier to keep an eye on the Uchiha. I'm thinking that if Tobi worked with Madara, then Madara made Tobi a spy to serve under Tobirama, to infiltrate the Senju. It's a fact that there was distrust between the Senju and Uchiha already back then.
    I think Tobi would gather intel for Madara from the Second Hokage, seeing as the First had passed away at that point and Tobirama had taken over. So he was the second-best person to spy on.
    Again, Madara acting out of hatred towards the Senju. He was still alive at that point, hell he lived beyond the Second's death. So he could have used Kagami.

And maybe Tobi used to work with the Uchiha Police, and just maybe he was even the head of the entire police force.
    This seems less likely and is more me stretching it, but the paragraph above seems more likely.
    Last edited by Notak; August 05, 2012 at 11:21 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think looking at pictures is going to reveal much. Instead we need to dissect three things in order to determine who Tobi is.

1) His motives: Why is Tobi doing what he is doing, and what kind of person would do such a thing?

2) His reactions to certain characters: Why does Tobi react a certain way to certain people like Madara and Kakashi.

3) His physical make up and abilities: His is made of Zetsu goo for the most part, has massive amounts of knowledge, and has a Sharigan along with some interesting techiques, and he has the Rinnegan for what it's worth.

Dissect these three points and finding out who Tobi is becomes much easier. Going on wrinkles on his face won't do us much good.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

As for his wrinkles, I think Tobi is a bit older than he looks, but he probably has Senju DNA which as we know gives more stamina to a body. Danzo too looked a bit younger 'cause of his Senju DNA, it seems. He was the only one of the elders that still had his haircolour left. No gray/white hair.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that Tobi was initially indeed Madara - the face features suggest that -- same eye features, pretty old face, knowledgeable about history and everything,, Kyuubi was summoned - meaning you need madara's dna to do it ...

then Kishi just changes his plans/mind ... he can still go around it - Tobi is some sort of Madara/Hashirama/Zetsu DNA made person madara created to carry on his plans after his death

because the face features and such is too much
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belize
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Let's Try and Piece together the Mystery that is "Tobi" - Images Provided

Please remember that the big toad sage said to naruto that he will fight a young man with big powers in his eyes, but he did't say he will be sasuke... Could he be tobi??
    I think tobi's sharingan is for sure obito's, now is pretty obvious cause he's sharing the same other dimension jutsu with kakashi. And remember that kakashi has not senju cells like tobi has, for sure a part of his body(tobi) is made by the coltivations of hashirama's cells.
    That's why he can use that dimension power so much, if u remember, itachi said referring to shisui's eyes that he has not senju's chakra so he could't use the power of shisui's eye in short time. I deduce that hashirama's cells are boosting tobi's sharingan permitting to him to use the space-time justsu whenever he wants.
    The fact is that we can't really say who is tobi, but for me his eye is for sure obito's.
    I don't think we have to see the mangekyou form of his eye to have the prove of it, as u know itachi hasn't shown his mangekyou form for a long time but he used mangekyou powers.
    Please reply your ideas.
    Tnx

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nasuke's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the thing: if there's one thing this manga has shown is that different sharingan have different abilities. Tobis right eye was used to subjugate the Kyuubi, meaning that the eye had to be Madaras.

His right eye also possesses the space time ability that we have seen, which I strongly believe has a relation to the Amaterasu jutsu (seeing Sasuke use it shows us that one eye is used to cast the jutsu and the other is used to control it). Kamui reminded me so much of Amaterasu when Tobi negated Kakashis Kamui on the mazou. We don't know where those black Amaterasu flames come from, so maybe in an Uchiha body, a mangekyou allows you to cast a connection to the dimension containing Amaterasu while in a non-Uchiha body, it allows you to access a different dimension which is the essence of Kamui without the black flames. Kakashi can cast Kamui by looking at the target (like Amaterasu) while To I can absorb and negate it (how he did it with the mazou).

Both of Tobis eyes are probably Madaras eyes but in different forms. The fact that he cannot escalate them shows us he is a non-Uchiha. Using izanagi however shows that he possesses both senju and uchiha DNA. Tobi IMO cannot be Izuna because it would not explain how he survived if even Madara could not escape death (they would have revived each other). He is someone who has lived for a long time and was forgotten by history. I really think that Tobi is part of the Uzumaki clan. The other option is a reincarnation of the sage of the six paths. ET is able to resummon anyone who has died and not sealed. The manga has some of its aspects derived from Buddhism ( rinnegan abilities). Perhaps souls old enough are able to be reincarnated or the sage decided to be reincarnated in the future through his eyes powers.

One last interesting point: Tobis relation to Madara. While it is true that they knew each other, it is not necessarily true that one was extremely loyal to the other. If tobi truly was loyal then he probably would have summoned Madara earlier, but when Kabuto showed the ET Madara, he was ridiculously frightened. Madara seems to think that Tobi is loyal, but convincing even Madara to trust him is no easy task. Looking forward to Tobis identity
    Last edited by Nasuke; August 06, 2012 at 11:42 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast