Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What Do You Want In The Next Chapter?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • More of Claire and Raki's reunion

7 63.64%
  • The Destroyer Returning

0 0%
  • Priscilla Escaping

0 0%
  • Rubel and Dae Arriving

3 27.27%
  • Cassandra Arriving

0 0%
  • Galatea Snarking

1 9.09%
New Reply

Thread: Negadarkwing's review of chapter 129- The Warriors Return

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Negadarkwing's review of chapter 129- The Warriors Return

Claymore Chapter 129- The Warriors Return- Review

Welcome to another months review of Claymore. Before we begin, lets get to the poll results. I asked what it was that Sid and Galk collected for Miria. Nobody thought it was Organization members. Two were hoping for Yoma bits, and two were hoping for apples. But of course the winner was photo's of Galatea, with eight votes. As it turns out I didn't even have the right thing as an option.

Comfortable Old Clothes-
    We open up with the Ghosts getting dressed, more specifically in their old uniforms. Seems that what they asked Sid and Galk to get was any leftover equipment from Pieta. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed, as I always preferred the black outfits. It also seems a little odd that after they destroyed the organization, they'd use the Organization's uniforms. But I guess there's some practicality to it too, since they have replacement parts. After all Sid and Galk brought all they could find. Oh, and Helen finds it hilarious how familiar the outfits still feel. But with everyone dressed it's time to go get Raki over to Claire. Because if Cass speeds up, who knows when she'll get there.

See Someone You Know-
    Well Raki might have. He seems to recognize Priscilla, but when Helen questions him about it, he waves it off. I'm not sure if he's honestly unsure, or if he's just decided this isn't the time to talk about that. I mean Raki did know what Priss really is, but seeing her coming out of the blob would be odd by any standards, so maybe her figures it's not her? Guess we'll have to wait on that one. Raki goes to get closer to the blob while Galatea asks if they really think the plan to get Claire out could possibly work. Raki for his part decides to start talking to the blob. It looks like it's a bad idea when the blob stabs Raki, but he assures them it fine. Apparently it didn't hit anything vital. I know a lot of people don't like Raki, but you got to admit, he took that like a man. Though he's going to need stitches. And he's going to keep talking. About how he's wanted to get stronger, about how sad it is that he's still crying over wanting to be with her, and about how he still wants to travel with her. And hey, it works! Out comes Claire! So while it's a bit sappy, Raki does manage to get Claire out of the blob with his speech. But of course there's going to be complications.

The Wound That Will Not Heal-
    Now about that complication... We finally get an answer to one of the longest running mysteries of Claymore. Just what is wrong with a Claymore's torso? When Claire first comes out, she looks perfectly normal. Then she splits open from crotch to gizzard. And I finally get to use that expression. So while Raki, Helen, and Yuma hold her together, Deneve stitches Claire up. We get an explanation from Deneve. When a half yoma is made, they have to be cut open that much so the Yoma flesh can be implanted. Because this happens before they gain their healing abilities, the wound will not heal. Ever. So the Organization had to come up with some solution to it. And the best they could do was grab a needle and thread, and sew it up. That's actually pretty bad. If you think about it, it's even worse for the trainees. As the grow the stitches are going to constantly be pulling and ripping, needing to be redone. And there is no way that pregnancy would go well for a Claymore. Not to mention that Raki has just seen way more of Claire than he ever intended. Anyways Claire wakes up to find herself surrounded by her friends... And hugged by Raki. I imagine she'll have some questions next chapter, but they might have some problems to deal with first.

In Conclusion-
    Well Claire is finally back in the series. It's been a long wait, but the main character is back. But what will happen now that she's been separated from the Destroyer? Will it revert to it's previous all consuming form? Will Priss be able to break free faster? You got to admit it would kinda ruin the moment if Priss starts impaling everyone at the start of the next chapter. And will there be time for Claire and maybe Raki to explain about Priscilla, and their relationships with her? And where are Rubel and Dae?

Winner of the Month-
    Raki. Don't hate, he did the most this month, let himself get stabbed multiple times, and successfully got Claire back. He earned it.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Negadarkwing's review of chapter 129- The Warriors Return

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Then she splits open from crotch to gizzard. And I finally get to use that expression.
    Damn. You beat me to it. That is the very same line that came to my mind when I saw the wound.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, it seems very weird that the ghosts agreed to re-use the uniforms that clearly express the warriors’ old status – commitment to the organization which eventually was destroyed by their very own hands swords. Speaking of karma

Regarding the scar…the explanation offered by Deneve was rather shallow. Why is their front wound not healing? Although they don’t have the youma regenerative abilities, Claymores are still humans, which means that applying the regular cleaning and stitching procedure would allow their injury to heal (in normal conditions). A non-healing scar is simply so bizarre, especially because there is always the risk that the warriors’ organs would spill out. So why would this wound not close up? Is it because the youma flesh and blood was directly inserted into their organs which made their immune system respond to this change by not allowing the wound to heal?? Is there another reasonable explanation…well, none I can think of
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I interpret it is this. Because they were opened up when their bodies became hybridized, their bodies act as though that is the correct state. It doesn't heal because their bodies don't see it as a wound, but rather as how it's supposed to be. Note that this wound clearly doesn't exist on Awakened Biengs. I figure that when they awaken it resets them again, and changes what their bodies default state is again.

I went back and checked something. I went through my GN's for Claymore, and you know what? Yagi never actually let us see any part of a claymore where the wound would be. Even when Clarice had the towel around her, the only time we see her from the front, she has it pulled up to her chin. Even Jean when she was just wearing the cloak, her neck and torso were obscured, or in shadow. Of course Jean is an odd case. She physically awakened fully, and in that state we didn't see stitches. I wonder if her wound was actually healed afterwards?

This also gives a somewhat nastier reason for Maita not liking baths. Ever get water in a cut or scratch, and have it sting? Yeah, now just imagine that for a Claymore.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

So you're saying that their own bodies accept and need an open wound in order to function as Claymores...In other words, the wound is an "essential part" of their torso...I can't really imagine what is the actual cause (speaking from a medical perspective...maybe an autoimmune disorder) for that ...Besides, the weird part is that when they awaken, their wound is completely healed...Priscilla, Isley and Riful,in their human form, don't have such a wound. Yet, I'm sure they had it as Claymores.

Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    So you're saying that their own bodies accept and need an open wound in order to function as Claymores...In other words, the wound is an "essential part" of their torso...I can't really imagine what is the actual cause (speaking from a medical perspective...maybe an autoimmune disorder) for that ...Besides, the weird part is that when they awaken, their wound is completely healed...Priscilla, Isley and Riful,in their human form, don't have such a wound. Yet, I'm sure they had it as Claymores.

Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    i think what he ment was that when they started the procedure to turn humans into warriors they first cut them from the neck down THEN put yoma flesh and blood into them.....so when the yoma flesh and blood start to take effect they think the large cut has always been there and there for dont regenerate it...just like how the #9 Neideen had lost her eye before she became a claymore so the yoma part in her always thinks that she never had that eye in the first place so it never regenerated/regenerates it
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, That says it better. Neideen was actually a good bit of foreshadowing there.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed that is an interesting point of view. However, if that's applicable and the youma part of their newly hybrid bodies see old wounds as in-existent or normal - hence, they don't regenerate, I wonder how come the body of a young Claymore trainee still grows/changes to adulthood and after that stops ageing. Why does the youma part get involved in changing the warriors' teenage bodies, yet it does not heal their old wounds...In my opinion growth and regeneration go hand in hand. Therefore, it seems unusual that the author chose to separate these interdependent notions.

So many questions...Yagi just fried my brain
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Falcor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why it's best not to over-analyze fiction... fried brains is the likely result.

Of course, where's the fun in not trying?

Possible explanation: I imagine that growth and maturity are part of a youma's life cycle and not unique to humans. That being said, when a human is "claymorized", they are essentially being reborn as a new creature with a combination of human and youma traits. Since it's natural for both species to grow and mature, there's no reason why a hybrid wouldn't do the same. The grisly wound would be a nasty side-effect/trade-off of the unnatural combination.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

help me not to over analyse then..it's in my blood ...can't stop it...

Seriously now...a wound as a side effect of claymorization sounds okay-ish...Besides, the "being reborn" part...makes me think of phoenix rising from ashes.....It's interesting, but still vague...
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's another way to look at it. The actual end resualt the Org wants is Awakened Beings. Not Claymores. So the awakened beings are the final, true form. The Claymores are just the pupael stage of the metamorphasis, an incomplete form.

New Reply