Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sick Of This

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sick Of This

im sick of other countries take on americans. i was just reading the current chapter of gantz. so in the chapter americans were on the mothership and we captured the aliens and we transport the japanese(the main characters) to the ship. and when the japanese get there the americans are up there smoking weed,r@ping the aliens,( and the aliens are like the sizes of buildings) falling asleep in the aliens butt, one alien woman fought back and the americans blew her head off. and thats when the japanese characters started to beat the americans up for acting the way they were. and its not like they were gonna go deeper with it after the fight the main characters went to the next room and are now being transported some where else to continue the story. the whole chapter was pointless and was just an excuse to insult americans. just wanted to know some thoughts on that.
    Last edited by cranekilla; August 08, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member A_N_G_E_L's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sick Of This

Calm down, don't take it too serious! It is a comic/manga! We also have seen japanese Teams acting up crazy(Osaka Team).
    But I agree some stereotypes are just annoying but I just ignore them.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ayle's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait I tough the american were the own swoking weed and looking at the alien having sex but the rapist guys where british? When they started fighting the translation the kid guiding them said to leave the english guys alone when they started fighting.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's not like any other group has been treated differently. The japanese have been portrayed in exactly the same way. Worse in fact.

Plus, it's not like your own soldiers irl don't do this shit. And don't take that too personally.. armies always get involved with this kind of thing on some scale.

And keep in mind that there were plenty of good Americans in the series.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

@Ayle: How can you tell if they're british?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Calm down, it was the English! But face it artist/authors will favor their own country but look at the Osaka team, rape and drugs which will happen to many of people who are given power. The tokyo team was form by those who wanted to HELP/SAVE people so naturally they will react like this seeing their fellow man do bad acts. No jerk bad people join the team well um one joined cause he reckon Reika is hot...

edit, it was stated in the spoilers by those who produce the raw that it was english dudes.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

In the raw the translators did say they "were" English. Plus all human beings are like this, not just Americans. Example: The Osaka team.
    Please don't get upset over something like this it's just a comic book...

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

you're too sensitive, feel free man, i love some of the amercians even though the country has its own problems

it reminds me of an old forum in my country, it censores the word "f**k" into "Turkish", of course they did it just for the lulz (in fact, we south-east asian, have no idea what turkish is like and hardly know their history)
    but it receives dozens of complaint for racism lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Aland Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

You're overreacting a bit. These are untrained soldiers. American soldiers in the field do terrible things sometimes (and sometimes get charged). This isn't a regular war, either, these "soldiers" aren't trained so much as regular people just given superguns. So it shouldn't be a surprise that they'd be incredibly abusive of their new toys.

Also, there've been MANY Japanese characters portrayed as evil monsters:the selfish Zaibatsu, the rapists, the serial killers, the child abusers...

So no, this is an equal-opportunity manga for showing the horribleness of humanity.

Also, you are forgetting the POSITIVE portrayals of Americans. Some examples:
    -- The American rapper group that happened to get pulled into the Jurassic park mission weren't bad guys. Stereotypical gangstas, but they eventually were very friendly and respectful to Kuruno.
    -- The American Gantz leader was generous and willing to help give information to Kuruno and Nishi on the aliens' ships.
    -- America's military made the first valiant effort to repel the giants. They failed, but they still tried. It wasn't as if they were shown to be cowardly or incompetent, they just had weaker tech.

So, no. Just because the average untrained foot soldiers of the US are scumbags (which is realistic) doesn't mean the country as a whole is rotten.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gantzaccount View Post
    American soldiers in the field do terrible things sometimes (and sometimes get charged). This isn't a regular war, either, these "soldiers" aren't trained so much as regular people just given superguns. So it shouldn't be a surprise that they'd be incredibly abusive of their new toys.
    They do terrible things regularly. And that's just the stuff the public knows about

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

OH MAN, you all are acting like those ignorants gantzers who suppose that japanese gantzers were koreans/chinese (typical of western people). I think Oku did nothing to label those rapists as americans, they simply speak english like BILLIONS of people in this world. And, as has already been said, some japanese gantzer say they were "english people" nothing more (and probably he said this w/o clearly know if they were or not).

So stay calm and think some minutes before get angry for nothing. And however in whole gantz manga a lot of characters act like bastard, insensible, brutal, violent, no-mercy and so on MONSTERS regardless of the nationality. If you can't catch this, than it's better if you stop to read this manga.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Please do not say 'all' :'(
    I was just going by memory Dofla or the one who translated the raw at the time. I think said no they're not americans. Regardless as I said its just a perfect example of giving power to every tom dick and harry you know? Lots of sick/bad people, Japan had heaps in there too eg; Osaka team and toyko had those gang bang guys, the guy who tried to rape Kishimoto and the bikers.
    Last edited by 102jayday; August 10, 2012 at 01:31 AM.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! This thread made me think of that poster here that passionately hates americans for some reason. Who is that I never bothered to remember their screen name.

By an american of course!! *shakes fist*

The world hates americans!!!!! grr!!

I always cracked up at that person posts. "Americans are bad and here I am hating a whole country of diverse people and judging them all like I know them! That makes me righteous!!"

lolz good times.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

idk I get annoyed about the overuse jokes/hate to america.
    Its a country like any other, friend went their the over week and loved it. People outside the bubble just judge....its usually bought upon by a few bad people so people just automatically judge that all must be bad there...
    Everywhere your gonna get jurbonies, gantz has made a good example of that. Too bad we didnt see anyone bad in the Italy mission but that was from the massive attack.
    Personally Ryou is a massive jurbonie haven't seen one of his kind in a while...wait nvm my town is full of most dumb people..
    I wonder what those two Ryou and Natsu will do? Pretty much a waste of panels and a chapter for them to randomly pop up.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a long conversation with an american soldier once.

You guys know how people like to make internet pranks and say "so and so celebrity is dead" and then you gotta google to confirm and what not?

Someone played that joke on him and his buddies, and said Jennifer lopez has died.

This is how he put it.

"Some of my friends got really upset over it, and lets just say, some innocent civilians were killed that day because of it"

American's are no worse than another other country.

But no country is universally looked down on like America is.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The way American is looked down on is just Jealously imo but thats for another thread =P

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast